PDA

View Full Version : Ravages Craft DC

Yogibear41
2014-11-20, 03:33 AM
In BOED it says that Ravages can be crafted, but gives no craft DC in the book to make them as far as I can see, is the DC to make them somewhere I am missing or was it just never printed?

Ziaphas
2014-12-30, 07:45 PM
I really want to bump this - I have searched for months, off and on, looking for some kind of formula for determining Craft DCs for poisons - there are several 3.5 books that provide them, but several that do not.
A⪚ BoVD
Complete Adventurer; Complete Scoundrel

And Most notably, libris mortis gives the DCs for positoxins, but Book of Exalted Deeds doesn't give the equivalent for ravages!

Has anyone seen a good formula? Has there ever been a FAQ from designers about how they determined the Craft DCs?

Jowgen
2014-12-30, 09:00 PM
I hereby join in with the pumping as well, and would like to add Drugs to the list of things that are in need of a craft DC formula.

If there was a formula, my personal guess is that it is a function of Save DC, Type (e.g. injury), probably a value assigned to the type of damage (e.g. con > cha) and maybe price, although price is probably separate.

Blackhawk748
2014-12-30, 10:01 PM
Im getting in on this too, this is a thing that must be discovered, or created!

atemu1234
2014-12-30, 10:05 PM
I feel like DC = Save DC, +5 with damage affecting Con.

Jowgen
2015-01-01, 08:44 AM
I feel like DC = Save DC, +5 with damage affecting Con.

What about status condition poisons? Unconscious, Paralyzed, etc. Also, don't think it works well for Drugs. :smallfrown:

big teej
2015-01-02, 02:18 PM
if we extrapolate the Craft DCs a little bit the DC for crafting an ANTI-TOXIN is 25...

we could start there. as I have not been able to quickly find anything more useful.