PDA

View Full Version : E6 E6 Thrower build ideas

Pikkle
2014-11-20, 06:45 AM
Hello,
Well I'm blaming the silly build thread started by Milodiah for this idea.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction. What are the classes and feats I should be looking at for a competent E6 thrown weapon build? This may lead into a Gnoll with a mouthpick weapon who plays fetch with himself.

Thanks.

heavyfuel
2014-11-20, 11:22 AM
I really EWP: Boomerang and Boomerang Daze. Boomerang Ricochet is also good, but not really necessary.

At lv6 you can have 1 lv of Master Thrower if you take a full BAB class. Sleight of Hand as class skill is good, but not necessary as you can get 4 ranks cross class by lv5. Thug Fighter has both Full BAB and SoH, Sneak Attack variant is also good if you combo with Woodland Archer feat to facilitate Sneak Attack damage.

For your single Master Thrower trick, go with either Sneaky Shot or Trip Shot. Both are good, but Sneaky Shot gives you an aditional way to trigger SA damage, which comboes really well with Boomerang Daze and its damage based DC.

Weapon Specialization becomes quite decent since the extra 2 damage means an extra 2 to the daze DC as well. Knowledge Devotion, which was already good, is great now, especially if you can get the Educated Feat.

Throw weapons are REALLY feat intensive however. You pretty much need all the Archery feats (Point blank shot, Precise Shot and Coordinated Shot), the TWF feats are also really nice (TWF and Imp TWF), and Quickdraw, although Master Thrower gives you Quickdraw for free.

For items, beg your DM to create something like "throwing gloves" that can be enchanted like a bow. Otherwise you'll need to have 10+ magic weapons, which just sucks