View Full Version : Getting multiple attacks as a standard action that can all deal precision damage?

kryshen
2014-11-20, 01:34 PM
Title says it all. A PC of mine is looking for a way to get multiple attacks on surprise rounds, he only has a standard action to do so. How can he get multiple attacks that deal sneak attack or skirmish damage?

-EDITS-
clarity of intent

eggynack
2014-11-20, 01:52 PM
Whirling frenzy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/classFeatureVariants.htm#rageVariantWhirlingFrenzy ) is a solid way, as is the classic improved trip+knock-down (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#knockDown) combo.

WhamBamSam
2014-11-20, 02:06 PM
Totemist 2 binding the Landshark Boots to the Totem Chakra gets you four claw attacks as a standard action, but only if you make a jump as part of a move action beforehand.

Manyshot will give you multiple ranged attacks as a standard action.

There are a few Tiger claw maneuvers that let you hit with both weapons when you're TWFing and the Bloodclaw Master Pouncing Strike works for that purpose as well.

Snap Kick will give you an extra unarmed attack.

GreatDane
2014-11-20, 02:12 PM
Wolf Fang Strike is a tier 1 swordsage/warblade maneuver that gives you two attacks at a -2 penalty as a standard action. Easy to get with a 1-level martial adept dip, or just the Martial Study feat.

Snowbluff
2014-11-20, 02:17 PM
IN addition to many shot, Arrowsplit and Splitting Bows.

Greater Celertiy can be used to make full attacks as a

Shadow Pounce from Shadowlord and Shadow Marauder lets you full attack on a [teleport] ability. Standard and swift action spells/abilities will let you make full attacks. Blink Shirt soulmeld will let you teleport as a move action after that. Add in repeat and twin teleportations, and you have Teleportron. Play a duskblade and full channel Dimension Hop, and you can trigger another full channel of Dimension hop by hitting yourself... ad nauseum or until you exhaust your spells.

kardar233
2014-11-20, 02:21 PM
The Double Hit feat allows you to make one (bad) attack with each of your weapons if you're TWF-ing.

I think the Iaijutsu Master PrC has something along those lines, too.

Vortenger
2014-11-20, 02:29 PM
Snap Kick will give you an extra unarmed attack.

This is probably the singular most no-frills answer.

kryshen
2014-11-20, 03:53 PM
Perfect! I should have added that the extra attack has to be able to apply precision damage.

Celerity and the like has been banned, tome of battle classes have been banned so maneuvers require extra feat investment. And Splitting no longer applies two instances of precision damage in this campaign.

I think Whirling Frenzy is the best solution, especially since you can use it with ranged weapons.

Snowbluff
2014-11-20, 03:55 PM
I think the Iaijutsu Master PrC has something along those lines, too.

It does. They can attack twice with an attack action.

Urpriest
2014-11-20, 04:03 PM
Greater Manyshot is designed for this.

WhamBamSam
2014-11-20, 04:05 PM
Perfect! I should have added that the extra attack has to be able to apply precision damage.

Celerity and the like has been banned, tome of battle classes have been banned so maneuvers require extra feat investment. And Splitting no longer applies two instances of precision damage in this campaign.

I think Whirling Frenzy is the best solution, especially since you can use it with ranged weapons.If you use the Rules Compendium rule, then multiple attacks made with a standard action only apply precision damage to the first hit. It's a profoundly stupid rule, but if you have to deal with it, you have to deal with it. Shadow Pouncing is the only suggestion you've gotten thus far that will get around that.

Urpriest
2014-11-20, 04:21 PM
If you use the Rules Compendium rule, then multiple attacks made with a standard action only apply precision damage to the first hit. It's a profoundly stupid rule, but if you have to deal with it, you have to deal with it. Shadow Pouncing is the only suggestion you've gotten thus far that will get around that.

Greater Manyshot also does, explicitly.

Psyren
2014-11-20, 04:25 PM
Partial action charge + pounce can arguably do it, in a surprise round.

WhamBamSam
2014-11-20, 05:15 PM
Greater Manyshot also does, explicitly.Huh, so it does. Nifty.