PDA

View Full Version : [3.5 + PF] Enchanting Firearms

Palanan
2014-11-20, 06:07 PM
Are there any reasons why weapon enchantments couldn't be applied to firearms?

I've looked at the Pathfinder firearms rules (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/combat/firearms.html) from Ultimate Combat, and while they have a couple firearm-specific enchantments, I'm wondering about more traditional enchantments like Bane, Ghost Touch, Thundering, etc. Any reason why someone couldn't create a Ghost Touch musket or the like?

Katana1515
2014-11-20, 06:47 PM
No problem as far as I can see, it lists certain enhancements that are Specific to firearms like Lucky. but that's no different to when you get enhancements that can only be applied to bows. you should be able to use all regular enhancements that are just for 'weapons' as the item itself is a weapon.

As far as I can see this page doesn't explicitly state that firearms can be given the flat +1 enhancement needed before other qualities can be applied to it. Are we to assume that you cant have a +1 musket because it doesn't explicitly state that one is possible (when the firearm specific enhancements are all listed in terms of +x bonus).

Long story short, yeah you can have a +1 Orcbane Flaming musket if you so desire. Would be deeply surprised if the devs would want it any other way.

DreganHiregard
2014-11-21, 08:10 AM
Definitely allowed. Guns are ranged weapons just like any other and can have all the same enchantments unless specifically disallowed. in 3.5 that was less clear but Pathfinder did a very good job of fleshing it out. You can even enchant siege weapons, like cannons and catapults, although those do have some complications and I believe the cost is higher.

Ninjaxenomorph
2014-11-21, 09:04 AM
You can enchant them like any other weapon, those exist because they only work for guns. Like, a bow that creates its own arrows only works for bows, a gun that is Reliable only works for guns.

supersonic29
2014-11-21, 09:12 AM
You can enchant guns and, while I don't know if it's in Pathfinder, you can give them that enchant called displacing or something like that, dual wield pistols with said enchant, and go off the handle using your 3 shots a turn to throw your target 90 feet into the air. In theory at least, I've never asked the playground for a rules check on that fantasy.