PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Silly trick for high Strength

Jeff the Green
2014-11-21, 12:00 AM
So I came up with what I think is a rules-legal method of getting really high Strength. You start as an orc CE Soulborn 2, adding on as many templates (including LA - ones) that increase Strength. Then, you kill yourself and get last breath on you. You lose all those templates, but since you ignore any effect that would cause your Strength to decrease, you keep your templated Strength score.

Is there a reason this doesn't work?

georgie_leech
2014-11-21, 12:06 AM
Immediate thought is that losing a template doesn't reduce your Strength with a penalty, damage, or drain; you're just losing access to the element that increases your strength. Otherwise, similar logic makes Bull Strength permanent.

Namfuak
2014-11-21, 12:09 AM
My copy says "immunity to any penalty, damage or drain," and I think you would need to read it very generously to call being revived by last breath a "penalty, damage or drain."

Jeff the Green
2014-11-21, 12:11 AM
My copy says "immunity to any penalty, damage or drain," and I think you would need to read it very generously to call being revived by last breath a "penalty, damage or drain."

Bah. I misremembered and, being away from my books and losing access to a certain site, didn't check the wording. Never mind. :smallredface:

Gnome Alone
2014-11-21, 12:13 AM
Somehow I was really hoping this was about, like, ripping phone books in half so hard that you become the god of strongness, wrecking ****, and hating on phone books.

georgie_leech
2014-11-21, 12:16 AM
Somehow I was really hoping this was about, like, ripping phone books in half so hard that you become the god of strongness, wrecking ****, and hating on phone books.

Technically, you don't need to be all that strong to rip phone books in half.

Gnome Alone
2014-11-21, 12:24 AM
Technically, you don't need to be all that strong to rip phone books in half.

You do when it's the phone book OF THE VERY GODS THEMSELVES!!! What's that, Ehlonna? You wanna call Vecna? Well, TOO BAD! ~rip~

...that's what I was expecting, somehow.