PDA

View Full Version : Criminal Background Crime

the Federation
2014-11-21, 12:08 AM
Alright here's the story:
I am playing a half-elf cleric (whose god is Banjo the Clown btw) with the criminal background. For my flaw I chose #6: An innocent person is in prison for a crime that I committed. I'm okay with that.

My question to you, oh Giants in the Metaphorical Playground, is this:
For those of you who chose the Criminal background, and went with this flaw (#6), what crime did you commit that someone else was incarcerated for?

Mine was public indecency.

Akolyte01
2014-11-21, 02:20 AM
jay-walking

Scirocco
2014-11-21, 02:24 AM
Yeah, I probably would've gone with Public Nudity, Conspiracy to Commit Public Nudity, etc...

Hytheter
2014-11-21, 02:30 AM
Conspiracy to Commit Public Nudity, etc...

That sounds like it would be difficult to be implicated in at all, let alone getting someone else arrested for it.

eastmabl
2014-11-21, 03:58 AM
Moonshining.

JAL_1138
2014-11-21, 04:32 AM
That sounds like it would be difficult to be implicated in at all, let alone getting someone else arrested for it.

I was gonna say "hence the funny," but then I got to thinking "how could this actually happen?"

A guard around the corner overhears this:
NPC1: "We're gonna go streaking across the track tomorrow during the chariot race. You in?"
You: "Sign me up."
NPC2: "Ok, when they round the north curve, we jump over the rail..."
You've left in the few seconds the guard is out of sight, and someone else with a strikingly-similar voice to you was there but didn't say "sign me up," having instead planned to say "This is silly, I want no part of it." Guard ID's them based on voice, assumes the others are covering for the third member of the group when they say s/he wasn't the one who said it. Fact-finder (judge, jury, guard captain, whoever) believes the guard is correct, throws the lot of 'em in the clink.

TheTeaMustFlow
2014-11-21, 07:15 AM
Given you worship Banjo, probably something religious, e.g.

Heresy against the quote-unquote true gods
Heresy against the most unholy Giggles, God of Slapstick
Joining a pantheon without a permit
Harassing worshippers of the most unholy Giggles
Smiting without a permit
Attempted Excommunication
Developing Clerical powers without a permit
Unlawful use of a hand puppet
Unlawful use of a banjo

GiantOctopodes
2014-11-21, 07:48 AM
My character had someone he wanted to impersonate (a Duke's son), so in backwater with poor to non-existent communication channels to rest of the region (they are mainly renowned for being raided and used as slaves), with strong religious practices which the Duke's son was visiting, he disguised himself as the Duke's son, and committed an absurdly obvious theft of major religious icons, leading pursuers back to the inn where the Duke's son was staying and then leaving the icons next to the bed where he was sleeping before *actually* making good his escape. As a result, the pursuers busted in to see the guy they had been chasing (as far as they knew) with the items of theft directly next to him, as he pleaded his innocence.

He was locked up for a long time, but somehow, the Duke's Son did in fact arrive at the next point in his journey, or at least he did according to onlookers...

SliceandDiceKid
2014-11-21, 08:30 AM
Given you worship Banjo, probably something religious, e.g.

Heresy against the quote-unquote true gods
Heresy against the most unholy Giggles, God of Slapstick
Joining a pantheon without a permit
Harassing worshippers of the most unholy Giggles
Smiting without a permit
Attempted Excommunication
Developing Clerical powers without a permit
Unlawful use of a hand puppet
Unlawful use of a banjo

Lol
Great list

mister__joshua