PDA

View Full Version : How to get Immunity to Ability damage/drain/death effects.

D4rkh0rus
2014-11-21, 10:26 AM
Is there any item that gives immunity to ability damage, drain and death effects? I'm making a bard character that focuses on both Intelligence and Charisma, and his Constitution, Strength and Wisdom scores are literal 1s due to templates (on purpose) (Im using feats and stuff to redirect, such as keen intellect and faerie mysteries initiate, etc...).

I know I can easily go necropolitan and blam, immunities dere, But due to roleplaying preferences, I'd rather have the character be alive, or seeming so at least. Is there any "living" undead template/feat or any item that makes you immune to ability damage and drain? (otherwise, all it would take would be a poke with ray of enfeeblement and im pretty much done for.

Or maybe some low level spell that I can make into a continuous item that either makes me seem alive, or gives me life but doesnt change my type?

Basically, its an undead character that joins (or rather, re-joins after some time) a party of undead-hating adventurers, so he has to keep his true form hidden. Not exactly that, but somewhere around those lines.

Ketiara
2014-11-21, 11:49 AM
the spell sheltered vitality could do the job, its a lvl 4 druid spell, but due to tools lockdown I cant remember what other classes that cast it, probably cleric.

as a bard you could get some scrolls of it and use them (via UMD) if you face monsters that drain etc.

Red Fel
2014-11-21, 12:02 PM
A good first step is the Shape Soulmeld (Strongheart Vest) feat, which immediately reduces any ability damage by 1, +1 for essentia invested. If you can bind it to the waist, it also reduces ability drain; if you can bind it to the heart, it grants immunity to energy drain and death effects.

Also, if you look over here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?187851-3-5-Lists-of-Necessary-Magic-Items), there is a comprehensive section on "Immunity to Death effects and/or energy drain and/or negative energy effects." Recommended? The Soulfire armor enhancement, +4, total immunity to death effects, energy drain, negative energy.

Venger
2014-11-21, 11:50 PM
tote around a talisman of undying fortitude. as a swift, gain undead immunities for 3 rounds. usable 2/day. a bargain at 8k and doesn't require any feats/class lvls.

if you rolled divine bard, you could go bone knight, which gives you undead immunities, ever increasing at 1, 4, 7, and 10. awesome class.