PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Kill monsters, wear their skins

SparksMcGee
2014-11-21, 10:33 AM
A friend of mine wants to build a character that kills monsters and wears their skins as armor (inspired by Monster Hunter - never played it). Is there any way to do it in PF? Thanks in advance.

felinoel
2014-11-21, 12:50 PM
A friend of mine wants to build a character that kills monsters and wears their skins as armor (inspired by Monster Hunter - never played it). Is there any way to do it in PF? Thanks in advance.

Take armor crafting and tanning as skills.

dascarletm
2014-11-21, 12:53 PM
If you are willing to port stuff from 3.5 you can bring the trophy collector feat from the PHB2. Aside from that sorry I don't know.

Tommy_Dude
2014-11-25, 11:12 PM
I am interested in this as well. The Trophy Hunter Feat looks like a good starting point to make something out of. Though, I'd imagine it would also be easy to take the Dragonhide special material in the Pathfinder Core Rulebook, and confer a system as such to different skins. I beleive there are also rules for angel and devilskin armors in the Ultimate Combat book.

Sileniy
2014-11-25, 11:37 PM
I am interested in this as well. The Trophy Hunter Feat looks like a good starting point to make something out of. Though, I'd imagine it would also be easy to take the Dragonhide special material in the Pathfinder Core Rulebook, and confer a system as such to different skins. I beleive there are also rules for angel and devilskin armors in the Ultimate Combat book.

Angelskin, yes, but not devilskin. There is giant-hide as well, but that's magic armour. Does he want it for flavour reasons, or is he looking for some mechanical benefit?

atemu1234
2014-11-27, 11:10 AM
Angelskin, yes, but not devilskin. There is giant-hide as well, but that's magic armour. Does he want it for flavour reasons, or is he looking for some mechanical benefit?

Darn, I wanted to have a bright red trenchcoat and a spiked whip of forked tails.