+5
Invisible Architect

8th
+6/+1
+6
+2
+6
Architect of Fate (Other)

Luck Pool: An Architect of Fate has preternatural luck.This powers his class abilities, permitting him to bend the fates of others to his will. However, this supply of luck is not unlimited. An Architect of Fate has a pool of luck equal to his ½ Architect of Fate level + the Architect’s Int Modifier.

This pool refills after 8 hours of rest.

Architect of Fate (Su): An Architect of Fate may introduce chaos into the actions of herself or her friends. If the target is unwilling, it has no effect.

Whenever the Architect makes a saving throw, skill check, or attack roll...she may spend a point of luck to enhance her roll. This adds an extra die to enhance the roll. [e.g. 1d20+1d4+Modifier]

The die size increases by 2 every 5 Architect levels. So at 7th level, she rolls a 1d6 instead of a 1d4.

Architect’s Grace (Ex): An Architect of Fate is unnaturally lucky when attacking a target that would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the Architect flanks her target. She adds her Int modifier to her damage roll in such a scenario.

Additionally, an Architect replaces her Dex modifier with her Int modifier as a dodge bonus to her Armor class when wearing light or no armor.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Starting at 4th level, an Architect can react to danger before her senses would normally allow her to do so. She cannot be caught flat-footed, nor does she lose her Dex bonus to AC if the attacker is invisible. She still loses her Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized. An Architect with this ability can still lose her Dexterity bonus to AC if an opponent successfully uses the feint action (see Combat) against her. If an Architect already has uncanny dodge from a different class, she automatically gains improved uncanny dodge (see below) instead.

Fate’s Favor (Su): If an Architect rolls a natural 1, she may re-roll the die by spending a point from her luck pool.

If she rolls a natural 20 on an attack roll, she may spend a point of luck to automatically confirm the critical.

Lucky Number (Su): Whenever an Architect of Fate rolls an attack roll or saving throw and it lands on one of her “Lucky Number(s)” she recovers 1 point of luck.

At 2nd level and every 4 Architect levels thereafter [2,6], pick a number to be your “Lucky Number”. Once chosen, this number cannot be changed.

As you generally spend Luck after rolling, it is possible to be at 0 luck at the start of the roll, hit a lucky number, then spend your new point of luck before a result is declared.

Invisible Architect (Su): You can anticipate where everyone will look, casually avoiding their senses.

As a swift action, the Architect can disappear for 1 round per level. This ability functions as invisibility. It costs 2 points of luck per use.

Architect of Fate (Other) (Su): You have mastered your own Fate and now you can affect the Fate of others.

As an immediate action, you can subtract 1d6 from your target's latest roll as long as you do this before the result is declared. Using this ability costs you 3 points of luck.

Almarck
2014-11-21, 03:35 PM
First off, I like the concept. luck manipulation is always nice to have

I do like the mechanic of generating and picking your own lucky numbers to augment your rolls after dice roll, but you may want to to clarify when Luck is spent to activities. Do you spend it before or after?

P.S. At time of posting, you placed level 8th as level 7th. You also need to change Uncanny Dodge to Improved Uncanny Dodge to avoid confusion

Seidh
2014-11-21, 09:12 PM
First off, I like the concept. luck manipulation is always nice to have
Thanks, I'm running a mashup of Warhammer and Pathfinder and I wanted a Tzeentch-y class and I couldn't really find one unless I just said "WIZARDS! SORCERERS!" which didn't seem as fun. xD

I do like the mechanic of generating and picking your own lucky numbers to augment your rolls after dice roll, but you may want to to clarify when Luck is spent to activities. Do you spend it before or after?

You spend after but before you know if it hit. I'll clarify.

P.S. At time of posting, you placed level 8th as level 7th. You also need to change Uncanny Dodge to Improved Uncanny Dodge to avoid confusion

This is what I get for writing these things while I'm eating lunch. :P

Ty for pointing it out.

CptPinkamena
2014-11-23, 04:31 AM
The die size increases by 2 every 5 levels. So at 7th level, she rolls a 1d6 instead of a 1d4.

This does not extend past the 7th level because AoF stops at 8, correct?

Additionally, an Architect adds her Int modifier as a dodge bonus to her Armor class when wearing light or no armor.

You have to be level 7 (or level 9 if medium BaB progression) in order to have one level of Duelist (a PRC that gives +1 to AC per Duelist level, up to a max of your INT mod, as long as you are in light or no armor, not using a shield AND wielding a melee weapon). Giving a Base Class this power without shield, weapon, or level restriction is overpowered. (Other 3P classes have tried this and invariably it gets homebrewed out)... Duelist also takes three feats and four total skill ranks (two in two different skills, both of which Rogue is proficient in).

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/core-rulebook/duelist

At 3rd level and every 3 levels thereafter [6,9,12,15,18], pick a number to be your “Lucky Number”. Once chosen, this number cannot be changed.

This needs to cap at the Architect level of 8, or it's like a free class feature for 12 extra levels (on top of the class feature for those 12 levels from whatever class they pick next); ~33% is also a high proc considering you only have to invest 8 levels in it and it comes with some wide-ranging benefits.

This defense denies another Architect or Rogue the ability to sneak attack the character by flanking her, unless the attacker has at least four more Architect levels than the target does.

"Classes that have Sneak Attack count as Architect for determining the level needed to overcome Improved Uncanny Dodge".

Invisible Architect (Su): As a swift action, the Architect can disappear for 1 round per level. This ability functions as invisibility. Use of this ability costs 2 points of luck.

One round per Architect level?

This class seems too overpowered compared to the benefits found per level in other classes, including most third-party ones.

Seidh
2014-11-23, 06:47 PM
This does not extend past the 7th level because AoF stops at 8, correct?

I kinda left my notes in in case I ever make it a full 20 level class tbh. So ya, it'll stop at 7th level.

You have to be level 7 (or level 9 if medium BaB progression) in order to have one level of Duelist (a PRC that gives +1 to AC per Duelist level, up to a max of your INT mod, as long as you are in light or no armor, not using a shield AND wielding a melee weapon). Giving a Base Class this power without shield, weapon, or level restriction is overpowered. (Other 3P classes have tried this and invariably it gets homebrewed out)... Duelist also takes three feats and four total skill ranks (two in two different skills, both of which Rogue is proficient in).

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/core-rulebook/duelist

You can get the equivalent in Charisma at level 1 on a full caster [Oracle] with Charisma as the primary stat. So ya, I can't really agree with you.

*Sidestep Secret (Su): Your innate understanding of the universe has granted you preternatural reflexes and the uncanny ability to step out of danger at the very last second. Add your Charisma modifier (instead of your Dexterity modifier) to your Armor Class and all Reflex saving throws. Your armor’s maximum Dexterity bonus applies to your Charisma instead of your Dexterity (see FAQ.)

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/oracle/mysteries/paizo---oracle-mysteries/lore

This needs to cap at the Architect level of 8, or it's like a free class feature for 12 extra levels (on top of the class feature for those 12 levels from whatever class they pick next); ~33% is also a high proc considering you only have to invest 8 levels in it and it comes with some wide-ranging benefits.

That is me leaving my notes in, it doesn't apply unless you keep taking levels of the Architect class.

"Classes that have Sneak Attack count as Architect for determining the level needed to overcome Improved Uncanny Dodge".

Ya, that is probably a better way of phrasing it.

One round per Architect level?

Yes. I just copied the phrasing for Ninjas.

This class seems too overpowered compared to the benefits found per level in other classes, including most third-party ones.

I'll try to tone it down then but given 1 level in Oracle is the equivalent of your "main beef" with this class, I'm not really sure I agree with why you think its overpowered.

Seidh
2014-11-24, 12:18 AM
I've nerfed it some but part of me is tempted to just do a weird class mix of Pathfinder classes at this point and rename them "Luck".

Ninja 4 / Oracle 4 -> "Luck"

CptPinkamena
2014-11-26, 01:21 AM
You can get the equivalent in Charisma at level 1 on a full caster [Oracle] with Charisma as the primary stat. So ya, I can't really agree with you.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/oracle/mysteries/paizo---oracle-mysteries/lore

Oh I see, I read it wrong (for whatever reason) as being "Int + Dex". :P

Carry on.