PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A warlock + hex rules questions

LucianoAr
2014-11-21, 12:27 PM
im currently setting up my warlock and im having a few doubts on how hex works with warlock magic. lets assume the creature im attacking is hexed.

hex
You place a curse on a creature that you can see within range. Until the spell ends, you deal an extra 1d6 necrotic damage to the target whenever you hit it with an attack.

question:

i get scorching ray as a fiend spell which says:

You create three rays of fire and hurl them at targets within range. You can hurl them at one target or several. Make a ranged spell attack for each ray. On a hit, the target takes 2d6 fire damage.

i get a hex bonus on EACH ray right? so each ray should be 3d6 damage total? (hex says i do an extra d6 on every attack, so if im rolling three times.. it makes sense)

and im guessing since i do 2 beams with each eldritch blast, im also doing 1d10+6 each time with eldritch blast

Easy_Lee
2014-11-21, 12:29 PM
Yes, each attack gets a bonus d6. That's why the spell scales so well.

Eslin
2014-11-22, 12:57 AM
You're correct, you get it on every blast. That's why warlock sustained damage is so good - eldritch blast is 1d10+1d6+5 (assuming cha 20) damage, more than twice the damage of any other cantrip. Even an evoker wizard continually overchanneling firebolt or poison spray doesn't do as much.