PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Using Incarnate Construct Offensively?

unseenmage
2014-11-21, 02:53 PM
Is there a way to turn unsupecting enemies into mindless Constructs?

The plan is to then hit them with Incarnate Construct (SS) so they suddenly suck at doing everything.

Incarnate Construct has such a bad rep that I really just want to use it like a curse to depower powerful opponents.

Thoughts?

Venger
2014-11-21, 06:10 PM
Is there a way to turn unsupecting enemies into mindless Constructs?

The plan is to then hit them with Incarnate Construct (SS) so they suddenly suck at doing everything.

Incarnate Construct has such a bad rep that I really just want to use it like a curse to depower powerful opponents.

Thoughts?

Yes there is.

Ocular spell can shunt a shapechange effect onto an enemy, as can spellguard of silverymoon. The spell qualifies since it replenishes hit points.

Phelix-Mu
2014-11-23, 01:53 AM
This strikes me as a really interesting thing to refluff. Rather tired atm, but you could definitely put some kind of spin on the end-effect of using the curse, or style it as an actual hex of some kind. Would be pretty awesome.

unseenmage
2014-11-23, 02:12 AM
Back when I very first had the idea I wanted to put together an Arcane Archer or something that could make enemies into Constructs then hit them with Incarnate Construct (SS). OR hit them with Mineral Warrior (Un) or something equally humiliating. (Mineral Warrior also makes them serve you for a year and a day. )

Phelix-Mu
2014-11-23, 02:17 AM
Back when I very first had the idea I wanted to put together an Arcane Archer or something that could make enemies into Constructs then hit them with Incarnate Construct (SS). OR hit them with Mineral Warrior (Un) or something equally humiliating. (Mineral Warrior also makes them serve you for a year and a day. )

Lol, interesting. Could be an cool basis for a kind of curse-flinging character that can make targets suck or serve.

Would be pretty cool with Telonius' re-hash of Arcane Archer, refluffing warlock as a fix to the painful RAW of Arcane Archer.

Hehe, man, I can't take five steps these days without ending up in solid homebrew territory. Must be the time of year.

Venger
2014-11-23, 02:19 AM

the spell is called "mineralize warrior," so it'll be easier to find when the time comes.

It specifies willing, though, so you'll have to soften them up with dominates or similar first, plus you gotta put them in a coffin (sarcophagus of stone, maybe, if you can fill in all the info it has missing)