PDA

View Full Version : The Deathlomancer (PF)

indianawalsh
2014-11-21, 02:54 PM
So, a popular pastime in my Pathfinder group is going through the SRD and coming up with insane character concepts.

So, the latest one (and one of the few that we're actually using as a character) is the Deathlomancer: a character who debuffs by getting killed.

It uses 3 ingredients:

The Barbarian has access to a series of Rage Powers called Linnorm Death Curses, which hit an enemy who knocks you unconscious or kills you with a curse effect, such as being unable to benefit from healing effects.

The Reincarnated Druid archetype receives a free reincarnation once per week upon death.

The Experimental Spellcaster feat allows a character to gain the Purify word spell, which allows for the removal of permanent negative levels without that frustrating gp component.

So, when this character is slain in battle, his killer has to make multiple saves against debilitating effects. It's not an optimized build, but it is hilarious. So...

...Any suggestions on how to take this to the next level?

Anyone know of any other abilities that work well with the ability to die with impunity?

Ninjaxenomorph
2014-11-21, 02:59 PM
Well, I would recommend getting some spells for buffing before you go get killed. Leave your friends a parting gift. If you have someone else in on it, you be the druid and someone else be a Skald, to give you the rage powers.

Sheogoroth
2014-11-21, 05:48 PM
You could use an alchemist instead of a druid.
There's a discovery that enables you to create clones and possess one of them upon your death. That might work well with this feat: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/kobold-press/general-feats---3rd-party---kobold-press/suicide-bomber
This would be scary good if you could convince your DM to let you use the Delayed bomb discovery with it, since then it could proc after your death.

indianawalsh
2014-11-21, 06:08 PM
That feat looks pretty busted. Just use one of many methods of obtaining immunity to fire. I doubt a DM would allow it.
The problem with vivisectionist is it takes more of a level investment so you can't multiclass as easily, and its not free.

On the positive side, it isn't limited to once per week...