PDA

View Full Version : Undead in HotDQ

Scirocco
2014-11-21, 04:04 PM
I'm not looking for spoilers exactly, but as I'm playing an oathbreaker (paladin of Orcus) in that AP right now I was wondering if there were any decent targets for his control undead ability.

MadGrady
2014-11-21, 04:22 PM
I'm not looking for spoilers exactly, but as I'm playing an oathbreaker (paladin of Orcus) in that AP right now I was wondering if there were any decent targets for his control undead ability.

I know in the first episode, there aren't any undead. Haven't gotten into the 2nd episode yet (we just started).

Madfellow
2014-11-21, 04:52 PM

Not many, unfortunately. There are three wraiths in a castle tower in the middle of a swamp, and a pair of vampire spawn toward the end, but that's pretty much it. Oh, and those vampire spawn are accompanying a full-blown vampire who will wreck your **** if you run into her. Fair warning.

Scirocco
2014-11-21, 04:57 PM
Not many, unfortunately. There are three wraiths in a castle tower in the middle of a swamp, and a pair of vampire spawn toward the end, but that's pretty much it. Oh, and those vampire spawn are accompanying a full-blown vampire who will wreck your **** if you run into her. Fair warning.

Disappointing; maybe the DM will throw me a bone since he's already tweaking the adventure to deal with our starting at level 3 (and I'm running some one-shots in there to give him a chance to play). Looks like Animate Dead + Aura of Hate is going to be my main source of undead goodness then.