PDA

View Full Version : My First Prestige Classes

DEFCON Clown
2007-03-24, 01:16 PM
Liches, these dread lords of the undead are fearsome as they are evil. Ever scheming of ways to aquire power these powerful wizards and sorcerers needs agents to carry forth their will. The most erribgle and powerful of these agents are the Lich Touched. Mortals who have sold themselves for power and eternal life. Bound forever to their dread master a Lich Touched is forever loyal and forever less then their master.

Requirements

Alignment: Any Evil.
Skills:] Knowledge (Arcana) 5 ranks, Knowledge (Undead) 5 ranks, Intimidate 5 ranks.
Spells: Ability to cast 3rd Level Arcane Spells.
Special: Must seek out a Lich, swear fealty to it and serve faithfully.
Hit Die: d8
(NOTE: Most Liches require proof of your intent. They may require a task be preformed or a specific item brought to them.)

Lich Touched
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells Per Day

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+2|Aura Of Evil, Immune to Sleep, Immune to Disease, Taint Of Undeath | 1st: 1 2nd:- 3rd:- 4th:- 5th:-

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+3|Command Undead, Immune to Poison | 1st: 2 2nd:- 3rd:- 4th:- 5th:-

3rd|
+1|
+3|
+1|
+3|| 1st: 2 2nd:1 3rd:- 4th:- 5th:-

4th|
+2|
+4|
+1|
+4|Immune to Charm, | 1st: 3 2nd:1 3rd:- 4th:- 5th:-

5th|
+2|
+4|
+1|
+4|Spell Resistance 10, Turn Resistance +2 | 1st: 3 2nd:2 3rd:1 4th:- 5th:-

6th|
+3|
+5|
+2|
+5| Unholy Blight 1/week Unhallow 1/week| 1st: 3 2nd:3 3rd:2 4th:- 5th:-

7th|
+3|
+5|
+2|
+5|Spell Resistance 15, Damage Reduction 5/good or holy | 1st: 3 2nd:3 3rd:2 4th:1 5th:-

8th|
+4|
+6|
+2|
+6|Unholy Blight 2/week, Unhallow 2/week | 1st: 3 2nd:3 3rd:3 4th:2 5th:-

9th|
+4|
+6|
+3|
+6|Damage Reduction 10/good or holy | 1st: 3 2nd:3 3rd:3 4th:3 5th: 1

10th|
+5|
+7|
+3|
+7|Unholy Blight 3/week, Unhallow 3/week, Turn Resistance +4 | 1st: 3 2nd:3 3rd:3 4th:3 5th: 2[/table]

Aura Of Evil: A Lich Touched's aura of of evil is equal to it's class levels.

Taint Of Undeath: The dark pact a Lich Touched makes with it's master leaves it with the taint of undeath. A Lich Touched is affected by all spells and effects that only work on the Undead type this includes turning and rebuking. A Lich Touched may not be commanded or destroyed by any cleric.

Command Undead: A Lich Touched of 2nd Level or higher may command undead as an evil cleric of 2 levels lower.

Unholy Blight and Unhallow: These effects last as long as the Lich Touched is within 100 ft of their targets and linger for one day per level of this class after the Lich Touched has left. A Lich Touchd may not use a imbue Unhallow with a spell as is normally allowed.

Lich Touched Spell List
1st - Sleep, Obscuring Mist, Detect Undead, Ray Of Enfeeblement, Chill Touch, Shocking Grasp, Expeditious Retreat

2nd - Summon Swarm, Darkness, Hypnotizing attern, See Invisibility, False Life, Spider Climb, Ghoul Touch

3rd - Dispel Magic, Stinking Cloud, Deep Slumber, Slow, Hold Person, Gaseous Form, Phantom Steed, Vampire's Touch

4th - Evards Black Tentacles, Scrying, Crushing Despair, Animate Dead, Bestow Curse, Phantasmal Killer, Contagion

5th - Cone Of Cold, Nightmare, Symbol Of Pain, Prying Eyes, Crushing Despair

So what do you think? I have a couple more classes I'll post soon.

Innis Cabal
2007-03-24, 01:25 PM
umm...looks good though i dont see a PC evertaking this class...

DEFCON Clown
2007-03-24, 01:32 PM
You've never run a game of evil PCs? I figured everybody did that at least once. Mine lasted some 20 sessions. Until the PCs attacked the paladin sanctuary. I still have no idea why they did that.

Plus its I think its good for a Lich's lieutenent, gives em a bit of flavor.

Innis Cabal
2007-03-24, 01:41 PM
i have run evil games, almost exclusivly for the last 5 years, but i dont see this working all that well even for an evil game

DEFCON Clown
2007-03-24, 01:48 PM
I guess I can see your point, a PC who has to obey an NPC always would suck to play.

Innis Cabal
2007-03-24, 01:59 PM
more or less

DEFCON Clown
2007-03-24, 02:10 PM
The next two I'll be posting are the Inflitrator and the Striding Avenger.

Icewalker
2007-03-24, 09:19 PM
I like it, make an excellent villains sidekick for a lich, and I've got a plan coming up for my necromantic dark cleric to become a lich, and for that matter he has a burly minion dude with him already... I wish to yoink this class.

Behold_the_Void
2007-03-24, 09:22 PM
It's a casting PrC without actual spell progression, just extra low-level spells?

I don't really see a lot of people wanting to take it. I mean, it has some nice immunities, but it sacrifices ten whole levels of spellcasting progression for a horridly stunted one instead.

Icewalker
2007-03-24, 11:06 PM
@^ The point of the class isn't as a caster, or at least not entirely. The DR and immunities are most of it.

EvilElitest
2007-03-25, 01:36 PM
i think their is already a class like this in the book of undead
from,
EE