PDA

View Full Version : Looking for tactic map I can project

Sholos
2014-11-21, 10:59 PM
So my local D&D group lacks a battlemap of any kind. We'd really like to get ahold of a virtual map that we can add tokens to and move them around easily and also project on a wall so we can very easily see it. I know I've seen something like this before that was meant for online games where different people could move things around and that would be ideal but can't remember what it's called. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be very thankful.

Venger
2014-11-21, 11:26 PM
I like to use googledocs. you can designate all your players as editors, then they can move their guys around even when you're not online.

was it roll20, maptools, or pen, paper, pencil? those are the ones I see mentioned most often

Sholos
2014-11-22, 01:19 AM
Ah, RPTools! That was the one, I believe. Now to figure out how to actually use it again...

Runeclaw
2014-11-22, 05:47 PM
roll20.net is terrific. I've only used it for online, but I think it would work well as a tool for an in-person game as well. You could project it and people could also look on their laptops/tablets if they had them.