PDA

View Full Version : Random's Laboratory

Pages : [1] 2 3

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-24, 04:01 PM
A hole appears in the fabric of space/time. A short man appears, out of nowhere, accompanied by a dozen humanoids. The man looks around in confusion, "BLAST! Another failed experiment!" And without a word walks off. The hole in the fabric of space/time closes as the humanoids follow their master.

Sometime later the humanoids return, with bundles of paper and beginning nailing them to whatever they can. When all the bundles are nailed up the humanoids leave.

Upon closer inspection the nailed up posters read:

Random's Laboratory now open for business! If there's anything you need I can make it.

Prices: The price is unique for each order. Please ask inside for more information. In general, the more difficult something is to make, and the longer it takes, the more expensive it is.

Nevrmore
2007-03-24, 04:03 PM
A short little man with a very large, rotund head and a funny mustache enters the laboratory, waiting for assistance.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-24, 04:15 PM
One of the humanoids walks up to the man. "Random is currently too busy to serve you. May I be of assistance?"

The humanoid is clearly made of some kind of metal, but how it moves and speaks is unclear. The humanoids vary. The one currently serving seems like a regular human, but some have wings and several seem to have weapons in their hands.

Nevrmore
2007-03-24, 04:16 PM
The small man speaks in a nasally voice,

"I was looking for the owner of this store, for he is the only one who cana dequately help me, mmm yes."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-24, 04:23 PM
The humanoid pauses, and thinks. "I believe he has gone to Trog's Tavern, though I know not why."

Nevrmore
2007-03-24, 04:33 PM
"Oh, that certainly is a shame! Do you think you contain enough knowledge to help me?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-24, 04:36 PM
The humanoid pauses again. " It depends, what do you require?"

Nevrmore
2007-03-24, 04:37 PM
"Well, you see, friend. I have a wife and our anniversary is coming up soon..."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-24, 04:39 PM
The humanoid waits for more information.

Random walks in and stares at the man, "A customer already? HAHAHAHAHA! Now then, what can I do for you my good sir. AND BE QUICK ABOUT IT!"

Nevrmore
2007-03-24, 04:40 PM
The man turns to Random and repeats, "As I told this gentlemen here, my and my wife's anniversary is coming up soon, you see."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-24, 04:41 PM
Random taps his foot. "So?"

Nevrmore
2007-03-24, 04:42 PM
"Well, you see, she gets very cranky during these times because she is always expecting some lavish gift from me, and no matter what I get, she never thinks it is good enough."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-24, 04:44 PM
"Tell my creations what you want. I need some sleep. Goodnight." RAndom leaves

Nevrmore
2007-03-24, 04:45 PM
"Well, you see, I was wondering if you had anything that would reinforce my fist. She's a deal taller then me so when I hit her normally, it doesn't hurt her as much as I want it to."

((Domestic abuse; Living strong since 1950.))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-25, 04:11 AM
Random returns. "Something to strengthen your fist?" He mumbles and sratches his head, "Well...I've been doing soe experiments with gloves." He pulls out a leather glove covered with spikes. " This is a pretty nasty piece of work, diamond spikes, they'll stay sharp for many years." He puts the glove on his hand and concentrates. The spikes grow and shrink. "The spikes can be tuned to your brainwaves. So the more annoying your wife gets, the more it hurts when you hit her. What do you think?"

Random then pulls a ruby out o fhis pocket and rubs it, muttering. He gives the glove to the nearest creation and mutters to him. "I must leave, my creation will serve you for now." With that, he dissapears.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-27, 02:45 PM
The winged "creation" floats down and walks to the door. It turns back and waits patiently for The Wampus.

Baeleck
2007-03-27, 02:49 PM
The Wampus flies up to the door, and nods to the 'creation', transforming to it's metal and cog form as it does.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-27, 02:50 PM
The "creation" opens the door revealing a big chair with lots of needles. "Sit on that." Several nearby "creations" begin fiddling with wires and needles.

Baeleck
2007-03-27, 02:54 PM
The Wampus does so, turning to a more fleshy form. "I sure am glad I can't feel pain..." It craoks and prepares for the inevitable.

((Experimaent away. I have to go now.))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-27, 02:55 PM
((Gotta go now)) When The Wampus sits on the chair the needles jab into it, but the process is painless, and would b even if it could feel pain. After a few seconds the needles retract. "you may go. Return to the sewers. Our master will eventually meet you in person."

Baeleck
2007-03-28, 09:38 AM
The Wampus, suprised at how quick the whole experience was, hops down onto the floor. "That was very quick." It grins a bit and then slithers away back down the sewers.

AmberVael
2007-03-29, 09:40 AM
Aesa appears next to Random.
I'm tired of people thinking they can do as they please with me...
She reaches out with her Seid to snatch him off his feet.

((At this time, in case you haven't read Aesa's notes, it would probably be a good thing for you to know that Aesa, while using spells like wizards and sorcerers, does not use magic.
Her Seid is a force that can't be denied by normal magical means or resistances))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-29, 09:42 AM
Random doesn't even try to resist. "I do wish you'd calm down. What is wrong? I was told you had the powers of a Godess. So I decided to see if the information was correct."

AmberVael
2007-03-29, 09:44 AM
You should have just asked like any sane person would have.
But instead, you've reminded me of things I'd really rather forget.
So I'm going to teach you a little lesson.
Aesa points a finger at him, incanting a galdr (spell) that will boil his blood.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-29, 09:45 AM
((ouch)) "Like I said you can't kill me." He points to a large winged "creation" at the back. "I'll just be transfered to that."

AmberVael
2007-03-29, 09:47 AM
Any barbarian with a pointy stick could kill you.
Aesa enforces her point by summoning up a spear and pointing it at his throat.
I want to leave lasting impact... and if I really wanted I'd just burn your clone and then kill you.
But I'm not going to do that.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-29, 09:48 AM
Random looks puzzled. "What clone?"

AmberVael
2007-03-29, 09:51 AM
Fine. Your new body.
Aesa points a finger at it and flames close around it... barely far enough away to not comsume it.
Why shouldn't I just burn it?

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-29, 09:54 AM
Random croaks. "Because it won't burn. It's near godlike in power. It took me ten years to create it. You think you can destroy ten years work? But just to be sure..."

Ten "creations" form a ring around the flames and begin spinning their blades. "I'll just blow it out."

AmberVael
2007-03-29, 09:57 AM
Aesa smirks.
Fine then.
The flames turn black, now empowered by an unholy source.
Tell me... what made you think this was a good idea?
The flames burn quite hot and begin closing in on the body.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-29, 10:00 AM
Random looks puzzled again. "Who said it was a good idea? It was merely a test. And you've passed with flying colours. Hmm. I could do with a drink. Anyway, can we delay this until after I get the Wampus back to its home plane?"

The "creations" continue to fan the flames. A roar echoes round the laboratory. Several nearby drones (weakest of Random's "creations") are sucked towards the fire.

AmberVael
2007-03-29, 10:02 AM
You need to learn from your mistakes.
The fire, continually empowered by Aesa's Seid, flutters violently but then centers on the body, trying to incinerate it with both normal flames and unholy power.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-29, 10:04 AM
Random glances at his "creation" briefly. "It won't work. That creation is perfection. That creation is my masterpiece. But seriously, can this wait till later?"

AmberVael
2007-03-29, 10:08 AM
Fine then.
((Though even Aesa would be harmed by the unholy part of those flames... and she is a goddess... but meh. She has a better idea))
She walks over to the body, hissing as she moves through her flames. She attempts to pick it up.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-29, 10:12 AM
The "creation" weighs several tons. All the other "creations" back off, groaning. Random still doesn't look worried. "Look, it was just a test and I really do have more important stuff to do right now. I think I made a slight miscalculation...Hmm. Yes, as it happens I did. How very rare."

AmberVael
2007-03-29, 10:18 AM
((Man, I'd hate to see what'd happen to his floor if he tried to walk around in a body that heavy...))
Aesa considers, summons a Hecatonchires (reducing it to fit inside the lab) and then orders it to pick up the body.
It attempts to pick it up, definitely having the strength to do it, even in its reduced state.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-29, 10:21 AM
Random smiles. "Yes, I miscalculated your reaction. Then again, this is certainly fun as well. Ah yes...Now I remember what the joke was."

AmberVael
2007-03-29, 10:22 AM
Aesa whistles and teleports the Hecatonchires away to her vault.
Really?
A little late though.
Aesa tilts her head.
I'll be looking forward to experimenting with your creation.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-29, 10:24 AM
Random nods. "Enjoy yourself. Oh by the way...The joke wasn't actually that bad. I made the creation think I was going to try and kill you. Now can you see why he laughed? Ah...But at the same time it wouldn't tell you, it appears I still have some control over it."

AmberVael
2007-03-29, 10:25 AM
How very interesting.
Aesa's voice suggests extreme sarcasm. She begins looking for notes on the body's creation.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-29, 10:27 AM
Random smiles. "Well, I'll be pleasantly surprised if you DO manage to destroy my creation. I used the metal from a planet's core to make it. Pity really. The planet imploded afterwards."

AmberVael
2007-03-29, 10:31 AM
Aesa smirks and keeps looking for the notes.
Considering I was about to destroy an entire planet a few days ago, that shouldn't present much of a problem to me.
I reduced a god to bones in seconds, do you understand? After the humiliation I gave him he left Town and never returned.
((Both are actual IC events))

Baeleck
2007-03-29, 10:35 AM
The dead time around the Wampus retreats. It craoks a bit, quirking an eyebrow at Aesa.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-29, 10:36 AM
"Well that's impressive. Indeed it is. But it's no going to make me cower with fear. Just keep in mind that my creation is made of metal from MY world. Metal that was then altered for ten years. It is unique, like me. Oh, by the way. Thanks for those drinks. Any chance of another one?" Four shapeshifting creations enter the laboratory. "We have found it."

Random glares at them. "See? I really am too busy right now."

AmberVael
2007-03-29, 10:38 AM
Everything has its weakness. Its only a matter of time until I find its weak point.
If all else fails, I'll simply remove it from time. See if you can do something about that, hm?
Aesa vanishes.

Baeleck
2007-03-29, 10:39 AM
The Wampus turns to Random. "Who was that?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-29, 10:41 AM
Random laughs "Remove it from time? Now THAT is impressive. Oh by the way Wampus I've tracked down a portal to the plane of lost things."

Baeleck
2007-03-29, 10:43 AM
The Wampus croaks happily. "Really! That's great news."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-29, 10:45 AM
Random nods. But give me a minute. I have to sort a few things out."

Baeleck
2007-03-29, 10:47 AM
"Very well. Patience is something I am very good at, so take your time."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-29, 10:50 AM
"Well I-ah dammit. She's blocked me. I'm gonna need to rig up a device afterwards. The portal is in the exact location where you fell through. But my creations have confirmed its one way only."

Dead time sets in.

Baeleck
2007-03-29, 11:08 AM
The Wampus nods. "Right, back to that... dodgy place then..." It slides off.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-29, 03:46 PM
Two Randoms and at least twenty "creations" head off.

They return very shortly, the "creations" are carrying a huge piece of steaming metal. "I think we need to make a few adjustments. Well, now that I have my blueprints again I will be finished in a matter of days."

There is a rush of activity, and the metal is carried away.

Clanks and roars fill the laboratory. There are several muffled crumps. Three of Random's shapeshifters watch the whole thing keenly. "Make sure you put in the back door. All great creators leave a back door."

The huge lump of metal begins to take shape. "creations" swarm over it, welding, chipping and hammering. "Well, we have covered the most serious problem, but what about the minor one?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-03, 05:52 AM
The Giant "creation" rises up out of the hole leading to the sewers. From above a pair of metal wings are attached to its back. The giant "creation" is placed on a platform near the back. The holes where its eyes should be glow red for a second.

AmberVael
2007-04-05, 08:34 AM
Aesa appears in the laboratory, not really giving a damn on how presumptious Random might think it.
Random?

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-05, 08:37 AM
One of the shapeshifting "creations" walks over, and reforms itself to look like Random. "I can't be here right now but I can communicate through this. What do you want?"

AmberVael
2007-04-05, 08:38 AM
I need to know about your two prime creations.
And you might want to do something with the second one before Ba'al gets it.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-05, 08:40 AM
The "creation" nods. "What do you want to know?"

The second giant "creation's" holes where its eyes should be suddenly glow bright white. "You're too late. Claudius gave this to me, it was that or he would have been forced to bargain with you."

AmberVael
2007-04-05, 08:42 AM
Aesa looks at the newly possessed creation with a blank expression.
How boring. We didn't even get to play a little chess...
But I'm afraid that you just gave that creation a weakness.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-05, 08:45 AM
The "creation" seems unaware of the great "creation". "My great creations are lifeless. But they have a "back door" so to speak which allows a mind to enter it."

The possessed "creation" reforms itself so it looks like the white haired man. "A weakness? And what would that be? Ah, peace at last. Do you know how irritating it is having another mind in a body with you?"

AmberVael
2007-04-05, 08:48 AM
Aesa ignores "Random" and speaks to Ba'al.
Now why should I tell you?
And no, I don't.
Now run along now... and don't cause to much damage here- this place interests me far more than you could.
Aesa vanishes.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-05, 08:53 AM
The "creation" Random is controlling keeps talking. "But thee back door can only be activated with a password. Ba'al, unfortunately know what it is."

Ba'al smiles. "Well, Claudius, our deal is finally complete."

"So keep your part of the bargain."

"Fine. I've put it in here somewhere. Good luck finding it."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-05, 01:38 PM
A huge line of "creations" begin sweeping through the laboratory. In the centre a shapehifting creation disguised as Randam barks out orders. "Find that thing. You know what it'll look like. I DON'T WANT Ba'al to have it and I'm not sure if I want Aesa to have it. Though I doubt she'd take it anyway."

Eventually the "creations" carry a strange device over to the shapeshifting "creation". It takes it and sighs. "I guess giving it to Aesa is the lesser of two evils. But where is she?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-11, 12:35 PM
Random disappears momentarily before reappearing shortly afterwards. The strange device lies in pieces around him. He pulls out a small, strange tube and starts muttering to himself. "Infinite energy...infinite power...infinite possibilities...infinite uses...Ba'al has no idea...I will be unstoppable...so many possibilities, so little time..." He looks around. "Oh well, no rest for the wicked. Back to work." He walks off to the back of the laboratory and starts fiddling with the tube.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 08:36 AM
The rogue creation lands just outside the laboratory and waits for Tabitha and Evander.

Random, accompanied by twenty "creations", all armed, walks out and looks at the rogue creation. "I am surprised Ba'al eventually decided to spare you. Now I have to cope with your idiocy once more."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-15, 08:38 AM
Evander and Tabitha show up, Tabitha looking a bit ticked at what Random just said, "Funny, we were of the same opinion about you."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 08:40 AM
Random turns and looks at Tabitha and Evander. "Ah, our two comanions who have foolishly decided to take on Ba'al. May I ask if you're insane?"

The rogue creation gulps at the sight of twenty armed "creations". "Why are they there?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-15, 08:43 AM
"Which brings me to ask what you are up to? I heard you were vaguely interested in shutting down his little operation as well," Tabitha looks at him very seriously. Kind of odd on the small girl.

"Last I checked our mental faculties were entirely operational." Evander says. Tabitha good-naturedly rolls her eyes.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 08:47 AM
Random nods and pulls out a small tube. "Only because I don't want Ba'al to take this back from me. This little tube contains an infinite supply of energy, unimaginable power. Maybe enough to get rid of Ba'al."

The twenty "creations" are strangely interested in Evander. They all turn to face him and stare at him.

The rogue creation looks at them and sighs. "I know what's coming next."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-15, 08:49 AM
Evander is standing with his new axe strapped to his back, gazing placidly between Tabitha and Random. He doesn't notice the creations.

"Really? I thought you made a deal? Is his word no good?" Tabitha examines the tube as closely as she can from atop Evander's shoulder.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 08:55 AM
"Ba'al will eventually look over the contract and try and exploit any loopholes. The deal was that I would get this thing, but nowhere did it say I would get to keep it. An error on my part. So now I need to get rid of him before he spots that."

The "creations continue to stare at Evander and eventually speak. "You are a threat."

The rogue creation groans and shakes its head. "Right on cue."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-15, 09:01 AM
"I thought so. Good thing I didn't actually make that bet..." Tabitha murmurs, looking Random over, "So, we both rather feel the need to get rid of him. At best I'd like him obliterated entirely, but I'd settle for the loss of his powers..."

Evander looks over the creations, "Would you care to elaborate as to how I am a threat?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 09:05 AM
Tabitha might notice that Random's right arm has been hanging strangely limp the whole time. "Well... We have two options. We can either trap him in the creation and remove his powers or try to kill him. But since destruction will still exist in the world he will eventually escape from either result. The second one would be harder but would last for longer."

The "creations" stare blankly at Evander. "You are a threat. We cannot allow you to stay near our master. Leave."

The rogue creation tries to get Random's attention. "Master?"

"Shut up! I'm busy!"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-15, 09:09 AM
"Well, we have other gods of destruction. I'd much rather have him stripped of the status entirely. But that would require some major extraplanar help. However, for the time being, either way would work for me. Although... he'd probably be pretty ticked once we trapped him in the creation. But it'd be easier to kill him from there..." Tabitha says, running through the options and their effects.

"I am merely here to protect my own "master." Evander says, trying to use terminology they will understand. "I will only stand here and not touch anything unless someone tries to hurt her."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 09:14 AM
Random looks over at the "creations" but does nothing. "Not true. The creation he now inhabits is also extremely powerful. It'd take a lot of work to stop it. Imprisoning him inside the creation will require some work. A simple spell traps him in most mortals, if stored in a charm and hung around his neck but the spell will be different for creations... As for killing him. Well, I think imprisoning him will be enough."

The "creations" draw their blades and begin spinning them. "Leave."

The rogue creation looks on helplessly.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-15, 09:18 AM
"Fine. Then we can do that. You've got more experience with him, so I figure I'll go with your idea," Tabitha nods, still oblivious to the creations, thinking about something. "I assume you know what he wants to do with your creations, right?"

Evander quietly draws his new axe, the thing's head almost as big as his entire chest. He holds it up to prepare to block the spinning blades, "I am afraid I cannot do that."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 09:22 AM
Random nods. "Yes I do. Another reason to get this done quickly. Ba'al has no idea how to control them...yet. But I have not been feeling well lately. The whole rogue creation actually being a clever plot by Ba'al thing tired me out."

The "creations" advance, their blades spinning so fast that nearby small objects are being sucked towards them. "Leave."

The rogue creation tries to get Random's attention again. "But Master."

"Will you please shut up?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-15, 09:27 AM
Tabitha can feel her hair being sucked toward the blades and she looks over. She's a bit surprised by the creations. And that she didn't notice them. Turning back to Random, she asks, "Um... Mr. Random? Do you think you can call them off of my bodyguard friend, please?"

Evander being made of some hardy metal, isn't effected by the vortex of air. He merely takes a sturdier stance, flat side of the axe still posed to block. "It would be most appreciated."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 09:31 AM
Random looks around, confused. "Hmm...What? Oh, yes. No problem." The "creations" glow for a second but don't back down. "Um...Problem. Ba'al is in control. Give me a minute. Your bodyguard might want to back away, they'll try to surround him."

The "creations" begin to spread out. This time Ba'al's voice can be heard. "This should be fun."

The rogue creation is instantly reduced to a cowering wreck and tries to hide behind Evander.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-15, 09:36 AM
"Oh, hell. Evander's hand is still broken from yesterday," Tabitha grimaces. "Yeah... Ba'al has no idea how to control them yet. No idea at all..."

Evander starts to back away, axe still raised. "Well, this isn't good."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 09:39 AM
"Not good? This is brilliant! Kill him!"

The "creations" attack, still spinning their blades at very high speeds, four come from each side whilst the remaining four approach the rogue creation.

Random closes his eyes, a look of intense concentration on his face.

The rogue creation flies up in a desperate attempt to escape its pursuers.

AmberVael
2007-04-15, 09:42 AM
Aesa, sensing the possibility of a fight, tries to pop a small scrying sensor right outside of the building.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 09:43 AM
((The fight is actually taking place just outside the building.))

AmberVael
2007-04-15, 09:44 AM
((Ah, okay. *edits*))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 09:45 AM
((Can people see the scrying sensor?))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-15, 09:46 AM
Tabitha whips out her gear-staff and it begins to glow. From her pack around a hundred gears fly out and begin to encircle her. They sing through the air, perhaps letting onto the fact that they are sharpened.

Evander swings his new axe in a semi-circle, trying to knock over a few of the creations if he can't just chop them in half. "I'd rather not die."

AmberVael
2007-04-15, 09:47 AM
((I believe a really high spot check can notice it... but thats like an epic level thing.
Umm... considering the nature of Aesa's scrying, a trueseeing could probably pick up a hint of it.
Detect Magic will pick up an odd reading (since it is Seid and not magic).
Stuff that detects portals, and stuff that detects scrying will probably notice it))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 09:48 AM
The four "creations" in front of him are sent flying, the ones to either side jump back out of the way. The four behind him lunge forward with their blades.

Random groans and clutches his head.

"Looks like you underestimated me Claudius. Again."

((Random's freaky metal eye would probably cover that but he's a little busy right now))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-15, 09:52 AM
Tabitha looks at Random, "Hey, take it easy. You mind if we just kick the crap out of these guys and then sort it out later? I get the feeling you're hurting yourself with trying to take them back over..." Even though she doesn't like the way he treats the Rogue Creation, she doesn't want to see his brains explode. The vortex of gears around her is what prevents her from putting a hand on his shoulder or something.

Evander's armour starts to let off some sparks as the blades collide, causing him to take a step forward before looking behind him. He lifts the axe again and tries another swipe.

AmberVael
2007-04-15, 09:54 AM
The scrying sensor suddenly flares and changes into a portal, and Aesa steps through, smirking.
Looks like someone needs a mercenary...
She leans against the building.
But who will hire me first, hm?

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 10:00 AM
Random doesn't reply, but he seems to be winning. The "creations" pause, giving Evander time to slice apart the four behind him. The ones to the side roar and charge straight at him.

The rogue creation spots Aesa and tries to hide behind the laboratory.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-15, 10:06 AM
Tabitha looks over at the creation and raises a brow before launching herself, gears and all, into the fray. "Sorry to do this guys, but I'd rather like to keep Evander in one piece!" She sends out a fair number of the whirling gears at the creations. Evander throws up his axe, once again in a blocking motion.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 10:08 AM
The "creations" pause again and are ripped apart by the whirling gears. Random slowly stands up. "Well that was fun. Pity about the creations." He notices Aesa. "And what do you want?"

AmberVael
2007-04-15, 10:09 AM
Aesa decides to just watch for the time being. Though the creations do get torn apart way too quickly.
Yeah, like I thought. He needed a mercenary.
She glances at Random.
Just hoping to get hired, but apparently he didn't react fast enough.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-15, 10:10 AM
Tabitha looks at the creations, "That was... faster than I was expecting. Evander, you ok?"

Evander looks up and replaces his axe on his back, rubbing his fingers on some new dents in his back, "Yes, but you'll have some work to do later."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 10:12 AM
Random nods. "Luckily Ba'al didn't have complete control. Still, I made a miscalculation... Not good."

The rogue creation walks out from behind the laboratory. "What happened?"

"Ba'al happened." He turns back to Aesa. "But I don't think he wants a mercenary."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-15, 10:16 AM
Tabitha looks at the creations, "Sorry 'bout that. Everyone else ok?" She looks at Random and the Rogue Creation.

AmberVael
2007-04-15, 10:16 AM
That'd be his own stupidity then.
I don't suppose you'd want one?

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-15, 10:18 AM
((I'm totally assuming Tabitha and Evander can see her.))

"I could use about one-hundred at this point," Tabitha comments, remembering she's got some other people on her tail. People that don't fall down so quick. Tabitha uses her staff to gesture the gears back into the bag and moves over to inspect the damage on Evander.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 10:19 AM
Random looks surprised. "Well a mercenary would be useful but I don't have much to bargain with... A thought's just struck me, I have about a hundred creations at the KNAVES HQ, and they all have my newest weapon."

The rogue creation walks over. "Yeah, I'm Ok."

AmberVael
2007-04-15, 10:21 AM
((Well now that she has appeared, yeah you can see here))

Aesa waves a hand.
Hell, I can be the most or least expensive mercenary you've ever hired. All I ask if for something interesting or something that will amuse me.
She looks back at his shop.
I've seen some of the things you've created. I'd be willing to be a mercenary for you if you created something for me... I'd even pay for any materials you might need.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-15, 10:22 AM
Tabitha takes gear from the top of her staff and begins to hold it over the scratches and dents, focusing her energy through it. "This isn't too bad. Your hand will require more work, though."

Tabitha looks up at Aesa, then at Random, "If we use her help, I'd be happy to assist you in building something for her. Not that you can't do it alone," she says quickly, "I just think it would go faster."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 10:25 AM
Random calls a "creation" over, one of the four that tried to attack the rogue creation. The "creation" glows and walks off. Several minutes later it returns with a bench, a table, and a large pile of paper. Random grabs a pencil and begins writing, very fast.

The rogue creation looks over. "Um...You might want to leave him for a few minutes."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-15, 10:26 AM
Tabitha raises an eyebrow, "Alright. I'll just work on buffing these out." She draws the gear over his back, the dents slowly correcting themselves underneath her glowing teal energy. Evander waits patiently.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 10:29 AM
After a few minutes Random has used up his entire supply of paper. A "creation" walks over with some more. Random resumes his work.

AmberVael
2007-04-15, 10:29 AM
Of course, I do accept payment after I provide mercenary services, especially in cases like these.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 10:31 AM
The rogue creation walks over to Aesa. "What he's actually doing right now is weighing up the pros and cons of hiring you as a mercenary."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-15, 10:32 AM
Tabitha looks up and nods, "Oh, that's nice." She then begins working on a particularly nasty spot. It reminds her of the Maph'tey blood from a few days ago... She then stops and looks up, "Hey, you're the lady who blew up Maph'tey not too long ago..."

AmberVael
2007-04-15, 10:32 AM
Aesa chuckles.
He should add in the fact that I don't betray my contracts.
Ever.
Aesa looks over at Tabitha.
Well yeah, I tend to blow up people who deserve it. And sometimes people who don't, hehehe...

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 10:34 AM
Random stops writing and looks up. "I reckon hiring you could be useful. But I don't know what kind of thing will interest you."

AmberVael
2007-04-15, 10:36 AM
But you're willing to create something for me if I'll help you?
Aesa scribes a few runes in the air, looking at Random carefully.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-15, 10:37 AM
Tabitha raises a brow and continues to work on Evander. He, on the other hand, starts working on his other hand, trying to put it back into place.

((Gtg, deadtime for a few good hours.))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 10:37 AM
Random nods. "I will willingly create anything that is theoretically possible for you if you help me."

AmberVael
2007-04-15, 10:39 AM
Aesa grins.
Very well then.
What do you want me to do? Oh- and I honor the intent of the contract as well as the letter... just make sure you have mention that you don't want me working for Ba'al...

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 10:43 AM
"Will do. What I want you to do? Well when we hunt down Ba'al I want you to come along and kick the crap out of anything he throws at us."

AmberVael
2007-04-15, 10:47 AM
Okay. Do you want me to fight him as well?
Aesa holds up a finger.
Perhaps you could simply make a "Free Contract" where you are able to adjust your terms according to the situation? Considering what you plan on doing... you never know what you might want me to do.
Basically you'd just hire me to fight, and you could elaborate or change those orders as we went along.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 10:50 AM
"A "Free Contract" would probably be more useful... Now what exactly do you want me to make? I'll need to do some research beforehand otherwise this whole thing is pointless, but I might start making whatever it is you want as well."

AmberVael
2007-04-15, 10:58 AM
Aesa shrugs.
I've recieved many different things... but I do admit I already have a large amount of creatures and constructs, which unfortunately seem to be one of your specialities.
Weapons... perhaps. They have to be cunningly made and require skill to use.
I was really fond of the little poison you made. Hmmm...
Aesa thinks a little more, then shrugs.
Just try and avoid the constructs unless you have a brilliant idea for one. If you have any bizarre or entirely unusual ideas those would be perfect. It doesn't have to be useful.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 11:04 AM
Random suddenly jumps up at the mention of the poison. "I won't offer this to you as part of the contract but I have found an antidote for that poison. Although I doubt you'll need it for the poison the antidote has a wide variety of uses. It temporarily numbs the nerves to a level where pain is at a minimum, I used it for surgery originally, the patient would retain conciousness and control of the body but feel very little pain... It's how I managed to replace my eye."

AmberVael
2007-04-15, 11:05 AM
That'd be a handy.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 11:07 AM
"What, the antidote? Sure, I'll give you a few vials."

AmberVael
2007-04-15, 11:09 AM
I would rather not have that be my payment though. I'll pay you for them.
Aesa snaps her fingers.
Oh, and would having the creation I took help you out?

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 11:13 AM
Random shakes his head. "No, I've nearly finished a third one. But there is something I have built recently that was originally supposed to be attatched to that creation, it's a weapon, an upgrade of the things I'm giving out over at the KNAVES HQ." A "creation" walks out from the laboratory carrying a dozen vials of the antidote.

AmberVael
2007-04-15, 11:15 AM
Aesa looks at the vials.
Hmm...
She creates a small bag in her hand, then tosses it over to Random as she picks up the vials.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 11:17 AM
Random completely fails to catch the bag. He looks down at his right arm and curses mildly. He picks up the bag with his left hand and throws it over to a nearby "creation". "I assume you know about the weapons I've been testing over at the KNAVES HQ?"

AmberVael
2007-04-15, 11:18 AM
The bag, interestingly, felt mostly empty.
Those liquid launchers, or have you started on something new?

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 11:21 AM
((I can't be bothered with explaining the details of Random's newest invention again so just read the last few ages of the KNAVES thread and say Aesa knows...))

"Something new... It's what resulted in the apparent loss of movement in my right arm."

AmberVael
2007-04-15, 11:24 AM
Ah.
Well, I haven't been around KNAVES for a bit- I've gotten rather distracted. I'll catch up on it later with some scrying.
Aesa waves a dismissive hand.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 11:26 AM
"Once my newest creation is finished I can test it out anyway. Well, I don't think there's anything else I need to discuss right now so if you'll excuse me I'd better get started on my research." Randoms turns and walks towards the door.

AmberVael
2007-04-15, 11:31 AM
Aesa nods and vanishes.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-15, 11:32 AM
Random opens the door and walks into the laboratory muttering about his right arm.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-16, 08:33 AM
Finishing the last buffing on Evander's armour, Tabitha turns to looking over his arm. "You want to finish this up at Trog's?"

Evander nods, "I would be agreeable to that idea, my lady. However, we should be careful."

"I know. But dang. I like that new axe of yours," Tabitha says as she puts her card on the table with the pros and cons list. On the card is her personal signature and a little note on the back. It instructs the holder to think of the message he or she would like to send to the owner of the card while focusing on the card. On the front underneath her signature, Tabitha writes a little note: Send me a message when you need me or think of something.

They leave.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-16, 12:54 PM
The rogue creation walks past the bench and looks at the note with mild surprise, it hands it to a nearby "creation" before leaving.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-19, 02:19 PM
One shapeshifting "creation" disguised as Random watches the drones as they work their way through a huge library. In its hand is a status report, but all that is written on it is two long lines of numbers. The first is a set of co-ordinates, the second has no title. "Research is complete. We wait only for enough time to embark on this foolish quest..."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-19, 05:35 PM
Iris wanders into the shop, swinging her umbrella with her eyes shut. When she maneuvers into the center of the room more or less, she places the umbrella point down on the ground and waits for assistance.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-19, 05:38 PM
The rogue creation walks out. "Can I help at all?"

((How exactly does that message card thing work? I don't really understand.))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-19, 05:43 PM
Iris looks up and recognizes the rogue creation that she had helped back in the Tavern. She lets out a "hm" of amusement. Seems that metallic freaks were her thing of late. "I was looking for someone to help me to..." she tries to find the right words, "increase the battle potential of a weapon of mine, darling."

((Better descrip: It's enchanted so that the user merely has to hold it, think a message to the card's owner (In this case, Tabitha.) and the card will actually write it as a message that will poof in front of the owner. Basically. Sorry that the descrip was... lacking.))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-19, 05:45 PM
The rogue creation nods its head. "My master can help, he is not currently available but if you tell me what you require from you weapon I will pass the message on to him."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-19, 05:51 PM
What she wanted? She begins to think it over. An idea strikes her suddenly and she shoots an unamused look at nowhere in particular.

Digging into her pack she takes out the steel flower made of nails that Revenant had given to her. She holds it and the umbrella out. Iris waves the umbrella a little to call attention to it, "See this? I want this to become such a weapon that it could slice into most anything and withstand the same. At the very least, as strong as this," she says, holding out the flower. "In fact..." she closes her eyes and sighs. "Attach the damn thing to the end of the handle. If you wouldn't mind letting him know that, darling. I could check back in later if he'd like more information on my request."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-19, 05:56 PM
The rogue creation looks a little puzzled. "So you want that weird steel thing attached to the handle of your...er...umbrella and then you want the end sharp enough to slice through anything? Well... A simple bit of manipulation of the metal will do what you require." ((I'm assuming the umbrella, like most umbrellas has a metal frame.))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-19, 06:00 PM
((It would be safe to assume. She'll also need something to replace the fabric part. It'd make a dang good shield like that. It has the sharp pointy thing on the top as well. Good for slicing, poking, a little sword-like work.))

Iris nods, "I think you get the picture more or less. Oddly enough, I intend to use this as my primary weapon."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-19, 06:05 PM
"Good. Let me make a few notes. We could also stretch a special kind of metal over the...umbrella. It is fairly flexible so the...umbrella would still be able to fold up, but when it unfolds and is kept in place the metal is stretched tight, making it a very useful shield, the point can be diamond coated to help it cut through sll but the strongest materials."

It makes a few notes, whilst holding the message card and thinking We have the location of Ba'al's home, we leave in two days time.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 06:08 PM
A steady tapping noise comes from outside, metallic in nature.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-19, 06:11 PM
Iris laughs under her breath a little everytime he pauses at the word "umbrella." Nodding as he suggests the the diamond coated metal, she says, "Darling, you seem to find it hard to fathom that I'm using an umbrella as my weapon. Well, it sounds like you'll do the job right, nonetheless. Those are precisely the sorts of things I'm looking for. Any way to include some resistance to the elements? Magical and otherwise?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-19, 06:13 PM
The rogue creation smiles and finishes its notes. "You may have to wait a few days, my master is very busy. The drones may be able to make these changes...But my master does like perfection so he may want to do it himself. We can discuss payment later."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 06:13 PM
The tapping continues. A nameless NPC walks in to the shop and browses, but keeps looking back at the door, spooked.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-19, 06:16 PM
"A few days?" she says with a sigh, "Ah, but that will mean I'll have to keep myself out of trouble until then, darling." Iris laughs a little. "Not one of my strong suits, I must admit. I suppose I'll just have to tough it out."

Noticing the newcomer, Iris raises an eyebrow, but doesn't say much of anything at this point and time.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-19, 06:16 PM
((All products are made to order, there isn't much to browse...))

The rogue creation looks slightly irritated at the noise. "What now?"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 06:20 PM
"Nothing. I just wanted to look at things...That's all. There's a creepy guy outside...I thought I saw him on wanted posters, but in the posters the guy's wearing a mask, so I can't be sure."

Although he has very little to browse, the NPC pretends to do so for the sake of staying indoors.

Clergyman State continues to tap his iron-tipped boot, decked in full uniform but without his helm or mask. Passerby glance at him, but keep their distance.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-19, 06:23 PM
The rogue creation growls angrily. It tries to grab the NPC and throw him back outside. ((Ordinarily I would just throw him outside but this way looks like more fun.))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 06:24 PM
"Hey, hey! I-OOOF!"

The NPC is tossed outside with a *thud.*

The tapping continues, creating an annoying ring.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-19, 06:25 PM
Iris raises a brow before tilting her head back and sighing, "A little harsh don't you think, darling? Well, as you can see, this is one of the reasons why I'm not looking forward to leaving my umbrella here. But I'll make do." She begins to walk out the door, shortly after the poor thrown out NPC.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-19, 06:26 PM
The rogue creation sighs, now very irritated, and walks outside to see what's going on.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 06:30 PM
Iris almost walks into a very, very angry looking State, who instantly stops tapping his foot. She might notice the physical similarity between him and the significantly more human-looking Revenant, especially that at this particular moment one of his eyes glows red and the other blue.

"Not. Your. Problem. Anymore!

I had hoped that you would come to your senses, but it appears motivation is not your strong point."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-19, 06:33 PM
The rogue creation walks out, and looks at State. "WHAT IS GOING ON?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-19, 06:34 PM
Iris isn't sure precisely who he is, but she takes an immediate disliking to him. The fact that he is obviously connected with Revenant doesn't help matters much. "I'm tired of wasting my life trying to help people who refuse to help themselves. He has washed his hands of himself and I intend to do the same, darling," spitting the last word out contemptuously. She tries to push past State, not even looking at him in the face.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 06:34 PM
State's head turns to the rogue creation.

"This lady's simple willingness to give up her past may have doomed us all. And I can't just stand by and see it happen again."

((Note, it is Namesake speaking, he just looks like State.))

He whirls around and grabs Iris by the collar of her coat.

"Don't you get it? You've involved yourself in this tale, and it's no children's story! You can't just close the book and walk away. If you don't reach 'the end,' then you'll die. The antagonist is real, and walking away just seals your fate."

He pauses, and lets go of Iris' coat. His voice suddenly softens, and becomes almost human.

"Suppose that I've found a way to save him."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-19, 06:37 PM
The rogue creation continues to stare blankly.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-19, 06:40 PM
Iris continues to walk past him, mentally fighting with herself all the while. Namely one side arguing that she is doing the right thing, that she needs to stop pursuing hopeless cases and live for herself, the other saying that she's horribly wrong and she that wants to do something and should. But years of self-training quickly mug the latter thought, hold it upside down by it's ankles, shake it for it's lunch money, and give it a swirly for good measure before leaving it crumpled on the ground.

Looking visibly shaken for a moment, Iris readjusts her coat. Then her face hardens into a rather hatefilled expression. "Who are you to tell me this? And what have I done? Shown a bit of kindness to yet another person who shoves me thanklessly away for it and decides he'd rather self-destruct?"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 06:44 PM
"This is not his fault, this you must know. It is mine, and I alone know how to end it. Your years of betrayal leave you close-minded and daft."

State does not follow her, but rather simply continues to orate loudly.

"He grew close to you, and if we don't both do something now he will kill both of us, and countless others. He has not decided to return to his past because the creature you saw was not him. It is a mind that I gave him."

He takes one step, and stops.

"I believe he mentioned me to you, Lady Iris. He mentioned me with fear, and with reverence, but not once anger. The anger is a creature that I need your aid to destroy. I...

am Clergyman State."

((Gotta go in 5 minutes for a short appointment, I'd really appreciate if we could just pause the scene after the next post because I've got a really big, plot-full post coming up that I need her still in this set for.))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-19, 06:45 PM
The rogue creation watches and listens with absolute bafflement.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-19, 06:48 PM
((Quite alright. I was planning on taking a friend out for ice cream. Sorry 'bout commandeering your thread a bit, Gnrlshrimp. ^_^"))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 06:48 PM
((We could move it to Streets when I come back. Nevermind. :smallamused:))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-19, 06:50 PM
((I don't mind. It's kind of fun having one of my characters stare at something that makes absolutely no sense to it...It reminds me of life.))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 06:55 PM
((Deadtimed, like, right now. Actually, since State had the last action, if Iris responds it means I won't be doubleposting and I'll have something to work from when I return.))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-19, 07:12 PM
"Close-minded and... daft, darling?..." she says, dangerously softly. Iris' voice crescendos as she raises a hand prepared to hit State across the face. "The only person close-minded and daft here is the one who would make a monster from a man!" She moves to backhand him harshly, her own anger not at all spent by simply saying harsh words.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 08:41 PM
"Ah, so you know my relation to him."

He takes the slap without even moving his head. On impact, his jaw wrenches sideways, then slowly rights itself.

"I think it's evident that I realized my mistake by the fact that I'm coming to you for help."

He grins, considering that she just slapped him...for the sake of another.

"And what ever happened to 'It's not my problem?' I do believe I've hit a nerve."

He goes morose again. She should notice that when he taunts her his blue eye shines and when he acts depressed, sad, or guilty it is the red one.

"I offer you my allegiance, despite any qualms you have about working with me."

He pauses, and treads carefully in his speech, to end the argument with a decisive measure without putting her into a rage.

"You've been betrayed by so many. Would you rather live on, knowing that you didn't accept the betrayal, knowing that you came back to redeem yourself and set your life right after taking a blow from a man for the last time?

...Or would you rather die at that man's hands, never knowing what it feels like to stand up for yourself, never knowing what would have happened otherwise, content in the fact that your death will be nameless among others he'll kill?"

After striking this low blow, he quickly moves on to further argue his point. He's damned determined, all right.

"You are a pacifist, wench. You act like you are in control, like you have dominion. You order umbrellas to stand. You order water not to spill. You control nothing. You are powerless in the illusion that you are not. Time and time again you accept the will of others. You let your heart be broken when an awkward, dumb, childish excuse for a man is forced to change by the will of another.

You have feelings for him, no matter how you deny it, and I know that should you turn down my offer you will find nothing but guilt for it the rest of your life. "

He pauses.

"Which, luckily for you, will not be much longer."

He lets that sink in before continuing. State and Namesake's voices begin to fuse in an odd, mismatched way.

"This was not Revenant's choice, Lady Iris. It was mine. I may not be able to undo it, but if you take charge, for once in your self-loathing, little white lie of a life, then maybe you can.
This is the final chapter, girl. This may seem out of your league, but that's never stopped you before. I don't see...why this should be any different."

He stands and looks into her eyes, probing her expression for reactions.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-20, 02:52 AM
The rogue creation walks into the laboratory, carrying the umbrella. He passes it to a drone, which obediently wanders off. "Not really a challenge for my master...The drones will be able to do a good enough job."

It walks out and leaves a while later.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-20, 01:41 PM
"No," she says slowly, quietly, leaning closer to State's face. Her speech becomes feverishly faster as she moves through it, "I have stood up for someone. I have wasted years of my life, broken ties with everyone I have ever known, fought tirelessly for the life of another man and then he made all of my sacrifices meaningless before forcing me to end his life myself. Do you think I am looking to do this all over again?! Is this some twisted form of karma?! If it is, then I'm simply taking the option I hadn't taken before!" Iris stops and backs up a little, eyes averted.

After a few moments of silence she lets out a cruel laugh, more towards herself to than to anyone else. "I know my own powerlessness. I know it all too well, darling. So what in hell do you think that I can do now?" There is a quiet question underlying her words, perhaps suggesting that she truly does want to know.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-20, 02:13 PM
The rogue creation walks quickly into the laboratory, with a very angry expression on its face. "Damned useless drones!" It slams the door shut behind it, with a loud thud.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-20, 06:46 PM
State smirks. Obviously, his words had an effect. Namesake soon takes over, though, and his smirk becomes a grimace.

"Imagine this as another chance. You can learn from your past, and help someone that you care for by righting your mistakes."

Always fond of the metaphor, Namesake says,

"You can close the book now and be worse than dirt in your eyes and mine, you can simply read it and see where it takes you, unable to control your future, or..."

His eyes light up,

"...You can black out the pages and rewrite the whole thing yourself. It may not end happily, it may end even in pain, but at least you wrote it for yourself. At least you made your mark before becoming another stain on a page. At least the book will carry, for once, the inscription, 'A Tale Told by Irisa De Ricciolino."

He pauses.

"I offer you not a defenite future, but redemption. I offer you the chance to save the soul of a man who cares for you, no matter how slight. And, I offer you in your refusal a certainty of death."

He pulls out a metal-bound book, holding it out.

"This contains all that you should need to know about the magnitude of the force that has torn Revenant from you. Accept it or leave. Now is the time to choose."

((The book is magical in nature. Should she touch it, she will instantly gain access to the full story of the Angel of the Scale, as well as the memories of State, Namesake, and, likely most important to her, Revenant. I will put them in a spoiler next post in the case that she accepts.))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-20, 06:58 PM
Iris closes her eyes momentarily, "You are damn manipulative, you know that, darling?"

She sighs and looks up at State with her deep blue eyes, "Well, then, let us see what we can do." Feeling somewhat vulnerable, she decides to try one last time, reaching out for the book.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-20, 07:50 PM
With a flash, Iris leaves her body.

She finds herself standing next to Revenant...

No, it's not Revenant. His face is unscarred, and a little different in shape. His eyes are both red in tint, and his body is lankier, ganglier. It's State. As a human. He sits in a noble court.

I was called Lyandis Strewen Almenon, and I was the most charismatic...indeed, manipulative noble in the land. I recieved a large fief after the death of the King, as part of his will, even though I was so young.

Young and corruptible. I grew obsessed with holding my power, and stationed soldiers in every town while I pursued my own, selfish agendas. I delved into military, necromancy, anything to further myself.

The scene shifts, and briefly, she is in a town. Black-coated soldiers not unlike the ones seen in the KNAVES organization today patrol the town's wooden barricade, sometimes stopping and conversing with the peasants within.

The scene shifts again. Young State is praying, alone in a chapel.

So, so vain I was. So narcissistic. Despite having little or no piety at all, I asked the gods without sacrifice to become the richest and most powerful noble...most importantly, to stay in power. It was my vainglorious yearnings, my sins that attracted The Angel of the Scale.

Lyandis collapses, suddenly, at the altar. He turns around, a too-wide smile on his face. Both of his eyes are blue.

It offered to me to take my body. To make me powerful and end all opposition. And I accepted.

Lyandis opens the doors of the Chapel, and laughs.

That was the last time I ever acted on this earth. All that remained was the Angel. And as it deemed, all of my citizens were potential threats...and they...

Back at the town, the gates slam shut. The guards go silent, drawing their swords.

Hundreds died. The rest went into hiding. And the Angel of the Scale laughed his heart away. I tried to stop. I was powerless, though, and without any motivation I simply sat back within my own head and hoped I would wake from the nightmare soon.

I realized how serious it was after what I did to the noble council.

There's the brief image of bodies dressed in finery, all of them brained exocutioner-style, and then blackness.

Only when my wife tried to intervene did I subsist...I began to break free...and then my soldiers, my bodyguards killed her as well.

Iris must simply watch in horror as the scene he describes unfolds, but luckily it is over soon. Lyandis is seen killing the soldier in a rage, and staggering off, one eye red and one eye blue.

I had barely exited my castle when I was confronted with a mob. They hung me from my own window, and it causes my jaw problems to this day.

His corpse is seen, its eyes slowly rotting out of their sockets, time sped up as day and night flash by. Suddenly, the corpse moves.

I came back to life with no memory. Ironically, I assumed that I had been everything I'm not today. I pursued work as a Paladin, the type who would fight such malevolent beings.

She recieves all of Namesake's memories from the point that he entered the Town, from McBish's funeral to meeting Maph'tey. Many are unhappy. All carry a heavy conscience.

But such good things do not last. A piece of the Angel yet remained inside my husk, the force that animates me now. It called itself Clergyman State. It grew sentient, and, through a horribly vainglorious act far too similar to my original inquiry into the dark, I brought it back again.

Lightning flashes, and Revenant, decked in his full armor, is seen on the roof of the black castle that is KNAVES HQ.

He used the piece inside of me to power him. He planned to subsume me, but contact was broke by a spark...a spark of what, I do not know. But like me, he had gained...a semblence of sentience. And when he broke off, he was not fully formed. He forgot everything. He was simply waiting to be triggered...A Revenant, if you will.

The scene in the Woods where Revenant nearly killed State is shown, replayed doubly fast.

I was livid. Wanting him dead, I scryed on him. I hoped to find him a malevolent and evil force, left unrestricted. Instead, I found...

Iris sees herself, as a broken Revenant carefully tucks her in and then lies awake in his bed.

...This. His nature had been delayed...The Angel had been held back because another force, a greater focus, a personality, had taken its place. This shining beacon...

An illusory Iris bursts out laughing at a blushing, equally unreal but still quite awkward, Revenant.

It was you.

But the Angel is one to break its toys. It waited until you had grown sufficiently close...it waited for the right moment. When Maph'tey arrested Revenant, the Angel found the moment too hard to resist. It took him, and you were left thinking all this time that it was Revenant who had betrayed you.

Iris is seen, crying. She throws a glass eye and it dissapears

If my wife almost broke the chain, but could not...I'm sure an adventurer of far greater mettle can do so. I'm positive. Revenant all but fell in love with you, and you may be the lure I need to pull the Angel back out. I cannot assure the survival of any member of this transgression, but.....
...This hope is better than doing nothing at all. I am sure that by now, you should know that.

As she returns to consciousness, she hears,

"Did that clear things up?

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-21, 02:46 AM
Initially, Iris is a bit stunned by the sudden acquisition of memories, not only since it is a huge shock to a person's mind, but also because she hadn't expected it at all. She is thrown off-balance and almost stumbles, but quickly catches herself, not expecting anyone else to do it for her. As she right's herself, she mulls over the events. Processing the information quickly, she determines precisely what she is going to do in regards to the whole affair.

"Yes, indeed it did, darling. This isn't a quest for my redemption nor his. It's for yours." Iris clasps her hands behind her back and takes a few steps away.

"And this little mission you are undertaking, and expect me to take part in as well, is suicidal, uncertain, and nigh impossible." With an audible sigh she slowly turns around to face State, crossing her arms over her chest. With a rather resigned look on her face she asks, "Where in hell do we start?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-21, 05:42 AM
The rogue creation walks out of the laboratory, carrying Random's teleportation device, it enters a long series of numbers in and waits patiently. A short while later Random walks over and stands next to the rogue creation. "You ready?"

The rogue creation pauses then runs back inside. "I almost forgot the talisman!" It comes back out quickly, carrying an amulet on a string, and a bench with a large stack of paper.

"Good... Now we just need to wait for Tabitha and Evander...And Aesa I guess, but I couldn't get a message to her."

AmberVael
2007-04-21, 09:12 AM
There is a whirl of fire as Aesa appears outside of the laboratory.
You called?

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-21, 10:18 AM
Random sighs. "I'm not going to ask...Well, I did intend to try and get rid of Ba'al today, but we're still waiting for Tabitha and Evander..."

The rogue creation leans on its spear. "Bit overdramatic don't you think?"

AmberVael
2007-04-21, 10:24 AM
Overdramatic?
Not really.
Aesa shrugs.
Overdramatic would take a lot more time to finish. This is just convenient- when you need me, I'm here. No point in me hanging around while I can do other stuff, right?
If you mean the fire, well, thats just a side effect from the sources of Seid I used. Not much I could do about that.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-21, 10:26 AM
Random nods. "Yeah, you might as well leave for now, but if and when Tabitha and Evander show up, you might want to come back...I've got nothing better to do right now than wait all day."

AmberVael
2007-04-21, 10:28 AM
((Er... you know that Ms. E is going to have very limited computer access for like... a week, right?))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-21, 10:31 AM
((No I didn't, but I'm going to have fairly limited access as well, so for now my chars are just going to sit there and wait...and wait...etc.))

AmberVael
2007-04-21, 10:32 AM
((K. Well, this is an Aesa duplicate, so she can wait as well))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-21, 10:36 AM
((This is going to take a looong time...))

The rogue creation, finally getting bored with waiting, walks back inside. "I need to finish making changes to the...umbrella. Excuse me."

Random sighs and mumbles to himself. "To be honest I don't really want them tagging along...But they probably won't believe I've imprisoned him unless they see it...Such a pain, considering I'm going to free Ba'al afterwards.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-21, 12:46 PM
((Not really. There were some developments that I had not expected. Now I'm embarassed, but here.))

Tabitha and Evander arrive, the girl sitting on his shoulder rather like a queen on her throne. "You said you were getting ready to leave?"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 01:16 PM
State smiles with satisfaction, and claps his hands sarcastically.

"Yes, this is for my benefit. And you had the nerve to insinuate that I was manipulative,"

He laughs,

"Call it a mutual redemption. We'll start with a few tools that helped me create this mess. I have a feeling that they'll be just as good for breaking it down."

With a few words, a nightmarish steed wreathed in whirling gears is at State's side. He vaults his way up to the front of the...'animal,' if you could call it that, and gestures for her to climb up as well.

"Ride."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-21, 02:33 PM
Iris looks at the "horse" with a raised brow before commenting, "So, we are actually starting in hell."

She mounts the horse with an air of someone more or less accustomed to such things and settles herself carefully. A very unamused look comes over her as she realizes she might need to hang on to State for the ride.

Swiftly, before she changes her mind, she slips one of her arms crosswise in front of his chest, the other she puts on his shoulder. Iris leans forward a bit, hissing into his ear, "Not a single word, darling... And we'll need to come back for my umbrella later."

Tabitha looks out the shop's window and fawns over the steed, enchanted by it's gear-work. "Wow... I'd love to get ahold of that and see who made it!"

Evander sighs, "Focus..."

"Oh, right. Lord of Destruction first, personal curiousity second..."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 02:41 PM
State raises an eyebrow, smirking.

"Don't worry. If I were to say something, I doubt you'd hear it."

His eyes turn red. Namesake puts on a condescending tone.

"Not to mention I wouldn't let you."

"That too. YAH!"

State cracks his baton like a riding crop, and the clockwork nightmare jets off into the streets at a speed that will likely make Iris realize the point of the 'I doubt you'd hear it' comment.

((You've probably realized by now that State and Namesake's personalities haven't fused, they're just both working in unison for the same goal.))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 05:06 AM
Random grins. "Now that we're all here...Oh, wait a second."

The rogue creation comes running out, carrying the finished umbrella. "I'm ready, hang on, let me just put this away." It throws it to a random drone that obediently carries it inside.

"Now that we're all here I can discuss strategy. I have the co-ordinates stored in my teleportation device, so we can leave as soon as we're ready. There is a two step procedure for imprisoning Ba'al. Firstly we need to get this round his neck." He holds up the talisman. "Then I have to recite a pathetically simple spell, anyone could do this but since it's quite long and I can read out almost as fast as I write I think I should do that. What I need the rest of you to do is to keep Ba'al distracted. The talisman imprisons Ba'al in the creation, and is designed in such a way that Ba'al can't take it off. The spell removes his powers. After that we just need to chain him to a wall or something..."

The rogue creation pauses, and runs back inside again. It comes out carrying a very long length of thick chain. "If anyone has something better than this I'd be very grateful, this stuff weighs a ton."

Random sighs. "Does anyone have any questions?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 05:48 AM
"Yes. What's to stop him from taking the talisman off while you are reciting the spell?" Tabitha asks.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 05:51 AM
((Um...Read Random's speech carefully, he did say Ba'al couldn't take it off, but not why that is. Completely unrelated, can you think of a good name for when this eventually becomes a plot, names aren't my strong point.))

Random sighs. "Any sensible questions?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 05:59 AM
((A name for what part of it? The plot? *confused*))

Looking somewhat embarassed Tabitha rethinks the speech and says, "Ah... my bad. I thought the spell was what was required to activate it. Ahem..."

Evander looks at her sympathetically and then turns to the rogue creation, "I may carry those chains if you would rather."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 06:08 AM
((When the group eventually leaves I'm going to create a plot thread...But I can't think of a name for it. I was wondering if you had any ideas.))

The rogue creation passes the chains to Evander. "Now, normally I wouldn't mind but I've got to carry my master's desk as well. He wants to makes some notes about Ba'al's homeworld, or plane, or whatever it is."

Random chuckles. "You need to listen more carefully. Now, one minor point is that despite having Aesa helping us I doubt she'll be enough of a distraction...Ba'al will have the advantage since we'll be fighting him on his home grounds...You two and the rogue creation will need to help. Any objections?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 06:12 AM
"Not from me," she says, shaking her head.

Evander shakes his head as well before continuing speaking with the rogue creation, "Then I might carry that then?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 06:15 AM
The rogue creation shakes its head. "I like feeeling at least partially useful. We need you ready for combat...My master has no idea what Ba'al is going to do, but he's gonna be pretty damn annoyed with us. Why are you helping anyway, what can you possibly gain from this?"

Random glares at the rogue creation but says nothing.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 06:22 AM
"My lady believes in the value of life, NPC and PC both. The wanton destruction that Ba'al causes is cruel and unnecessary. Soon it will leave the bounds of "balance" and move on into purely for his entertainment," he says, his deep voice reverberating through the armour.

Tabitha cringes a little and a bashful smile is on her face, "Well, that's true. It just sounds embarassing to hear it said like that."

"My apologies."

"Nah, it's cool," she says, waving her hands a bit in a negatory gesture. Turning to the rogue creation she reaches into her pack and pulls out a bag. "I still have my bag of holding. This is what Evander's pieces came in, so I figure it can hold something for you and you can hold it."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 06:27 AM
The rogue creation looks at the bag. "That thing can hold my master's desk? Yeah, I can see why you want to stop Ba'al, but it does seem a bit pointless. You basically want to stop him because of something that might happen? I mean, my master-" The rogue creation is rudely cut off as Random coughs loudly. "Can we stick to the point here? We need to get rid of Ba'al...Quickly, before he exploits the loopholes in my deal."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 06:34 AM
((As for a name, what kind of place are we talking about here? A place that looks normal? A plane of destruction? I can try to name it, but it needs to be fitting.))

"He has killed many already and is a menace to us personally," Evander adds. "My lady finds it impossible not to challenge him when he harms others. This leads to putting herself into danger."

Tabitha looks very embarassed at this point and decides to bring up the bag again. "Um... yeah. It should hold the desk pretty easily. It held Evander and he is at least 9ft tall and weighs a ton... more than a ton," she amends with a smile.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 06:40 AM
((Plane of destruction will do...Although that's not exactly what it is. *Grins evilly*))

The rogue creation takes the bag and puts the desk inside it. "Um...Master? How does this work?"

"Don't ask me...It's magic, you know that's not my strong point...At a guess I'd say there's a small plane of existence inside that bag...Or something."

The rogue creation sighs and spins its spear out of shear boredom. "You're doing this because of a sense of justice? At the risk of your own lives?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 06:45 AM
Tabitha shakes her head, "No... more like a sense of... moral rightness, I guess. Everyone else is just too scared to try and do anything about it."

"My lady almost bet her own life that you would outlive him," Evander says quietly to the rogue creation, hoping Tabitha won't hear and looking very serious. "Merely because she wanted to show her faith in you."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 06:50 AM
The rogue creation looks very puzzled. "Why? She doesn't stand a chance, even if I don't get killed in some horrific manner I will die well before he does anyway."

Random overhears this and chuckles. "How interesting, the word 'suicidal' comes to mind."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 06:55 AM
Looking somewhat annoyed, she exhales and says, "Well I didn't take the bet! I kind of sort of realized how flippin' hard he'd be to kill off. Besides the terms were pretty poor. If I won, I'd get to keep my life. Same as if I hadn't taken the bet at all. 'Cept Ba'al would be gone. But suffice to say, taking his powers away is good enough for the time being."

Evander's eyes glow a little brighter. "She becomes quite... overwhelmed in her fervor. Luckily I am here to keep an eye on her," he says chastisingly. Tabitha glares at him in agitation but doesn't say anything.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 07:00 AM
Random groans. "This is going to be difficult enough already! If you two are going to argue, and be at each other's throats the whole time..."

The rogue creation hastily steps in front of Random. "Calm down master...Please?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 07:04 AM
"Eh?" Tabitha says, looking over at Random. "Who said we're arguing, much less at each other's throats?"

Evander would raise an eyebrow if he had one.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 07:06 AM
The rogue creation hastily replies. "My master is, um, a little worried about the consequences if this plan backfires...He can't afford to take any chances."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 07:10 AM
Tabitha looks at Random and laughs, "Don't worry about it. I figure we've got a lot at stake by doing this, too. And besides, we're just in downtime. We can argue all we want until the action starts, hm?"

Evander gives a metallic sigh, "Indeed. Although, I would not have considered that arguing."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 07:14 AM
Random leans on his walking stick. "When we teleport there...Well, one thing that has become clear to me is that Ba'al has complete control over this plane...The laws of physics that apply here do not neccessarily apply there. There shouldn't be any major changes, since Ba'al always likes to give people a chance, but be careful."

The rogue creation continues to spin its spear. "My master is betting on the fact that Ba'al will give us a chance. If not, we're doomed."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 07:16 AM
Tabitha says unamusedly, "I get the feeling he likes to give people a chance because he just loves seeing all their hopes and dreams dashed."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 07:20 AM
Random smiles. "Probably, he still has the advantage. But, he doesn't know how well prepared we are. Since his host body is a creation this time I've had to recreate the spell from scratch. He doesn't know that..."

The rogue creation sighs. "Unless your normal creation know and he got the information from them when he took control of them."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 07:22 AM
Tabitha knits her eyebrows together, "Well, that'd be a problem."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 07:25 AM
"I haven't told them. But I've been forced to lock away all my creations except the drones, which are of no interest to Ba'al and two shapehshifters."

"I hope for your sake you didn't tell them master."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 07:32 AM
Tabitha thinks momentarily, "So... none of your creations have free will save this one, hm?" Looking at the rogue creation she adds with a smile, "You still need a name sometime."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 07:34 AM
Random sighs. "Nobody seems to understand, these creations were never meant to have a true life, or free will. This rogue creation is dangerous, I have no idea what it will do. It would be so much easier just to get rid of it."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 07:37 AM
"Actually, he's the least dangerous of what you have made thus far since he isn't being used against you like the others," Tabitha says, her eyebrows knit together again.

Evander takes his huge gauntlet hands and puts them both over his eyes. "This is going to turn into the debate of the century."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 07:40 AM
Random sighs. "The rogue creation is unpredictable, it was not designed to have free will. I don't know what it'll do. Even Ba'al is fairly predictable."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 07:43 AM
"Ever tried talking to him and establishing a pattern? I mean, I'd do it because I like him, but I know that's not your style." Tabitha holds her hands palms up in a shrugging gesture and then asks the rogue creation, "What do you think about all this?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 07:46 AM
((Yet again people struggle with the idea that the rogue creation is an "It"))

"I've tried, but to be completely honest I just hate it. It is a failure, a mistake, and it was used against me."

The rogue creation sighs. "What my master says is true. However I just one to live a peaceful, simple life. That is just not possible here, especially since I am forever in debt to my master, he created me, so I must serve him until he says otherwise."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 07:50 AM
(("It"'s almost always automatically default to "him"'s in people's minds. It's just easier that way. "It" implies things. "Him" and "her" implies people.))

"You said Ba'al did it or something... didn't you? That it was his fault? Then it's not a failure on your part and it's not a failure on the creation's part," Tabitha says sensibly. "So stop beating yourself over the head for it and be thankful that it's free will is what keeps it from being used against you right now." She crosses her arms over her chest lightly. Evander wonders if that argument will have any effect whatsoever.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 07:56 AM
((I think a 6ft tall metal humanoid counts as a something rather than a person though.))

"In my eyes it will always be a failure, no matter what the reason is...Its mere existence is a sin against nature...And I simply can't cope with that."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 07:59 AM
((In her mind, and mine, if it thinks and has free will, it is a person of some sort.))

"'Cuz nature told you that it disliked it. If that's the case my butt is so owned by nature right now it's not even funny," she grins at Evander.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 08:25 AM
Random looks confused. "What? I have no idea what you're talking about."

The rogue creation grimaces, imagining what's going to happen next.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 08:28 AM
"I created Evander with free will. Imagine he's got his own soul, in fact," she says with a careful smile, "He can do what he wants to. I'm just thankful he chooses to protect me."

Evander slowly nods his head, "It is as I would have it, my lady."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 08:34 AM
"This is worse. I fear a soul is imprisoned inside it, against its will, and without the constant contact with other creations parts of its soul have taken control, changing it. I hope I'm wrong, but it is Ba'al we're talking about here."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 08:36 AM
"Hey," she says, leaning her head back to look at the rogue creation, "Your soul not want to be there?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 08:38 AM
The rogue creation stares blankly.

"Let me explain. It has no memories of past lives, it probably doesn't even realise what's happened to it. It's sort of like reincarnation, but in a bad way."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 08:44 AM
"Then find one of those people who look around in minds to figure it out. Until then, it looks like you've got a creation who is intelligent, thinks for itself, and strangely devoted to you no matter how abusive you are to it," she raises a brow and says this a bit chastisingly.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 08:45 AM
"My master created me, therefore I owe my life to him."

"I made all my creations incredibly loyal to me, it seems that loyalty wasn't completely removed when Ba'al mucked it up."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 08:51 AM
"So fix it. Destroying it will only make things worse in the long run," she says, "Besides, having a helper that you don't have to command every second of every day is better than you seem to think."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 08:56 AM
"This rogue creation is of use to me at the moment, but I simply can't stand its very existence. Eventually I will get rid of it. I won't destroy it, but it won't be able to manage by itself. I gave it work...Out of pity I guess, but after this is over it is out of here. And I will be glad when it dies."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 09:04 AM
"What kind of sucktastic life did you have before you got here? No one loved you as a child? There had to be something that made you the heartless coward you are today," she says quietly, rather upset over the idea that he would get rid of it. Evander cringes at this point, realizing she's going to get pretty mad at the situation.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 09:07 AM
Rando suddenly turns angry. "Mind your own damn business! MY PAST IS NOT OPEN FOR DISCUSSION! I am not a coward. And if I didn't have a heart I would hardly be alive right now."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 09:10 AM
Looking cooler than a cucumber (as the expression goes) she leans back on Evander's leg much like one would on a wall. "Um-hm. Just saying. Before you go talking about how other people don't deserve to live or need to die, try some self-evaluation now and again." Her look turns somewhat venemous. Evander's eyes mimic her expression briefly before returning to normal.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 09:14 AM
Random very slowly closes his eyes. He opens them and speaks very quietly. "Are you threatening me?" He closes his eyes again. "I never said it didn't deserve life. I said it was wrong for it to ever be given true life. This should not have happened. I feel responsible for this mess, even though it was Ba'al that did this, and I can't see an easy way out."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 09:17 AM
"I'm not threatening you. I'm not a jerk like some people," she says calmly. "There isn't an easy way out in everything in life. There seldom is one at all. So if you feel responsible try to find a way to make it right. Right doesn't mean destroying the creation, by the by," she adds, raising an eyebrow. This may or may not remind Random that although she looks like a little girl, she's a good deal older than you'd think on first glance.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 09:23 AM
Random keeps his eyes closed. "And the only way out of this is to not have the rogue creation as my responsibility any more. So I will get rid of it, even if other people consider it cruel. The easiest way out is to destroy the creation..." He opens his eyes. "Be glad that I have decided not to do that."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 09:25 AM
She nods slowly, "Then... send him with me," she looks over at Evander and the rogue creation, wondering what they think of the idea. "Then he'll be my responsibility."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 09:29 AM
Random sighs. "Why should I? I will decide if it should go with someone else, when I dismiss it. Or I may decide it should wander the streets, with no owner. Do not try to persuade me to give it to you. It will not work."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 09:32 AM
"Because I would make up for your heartlessness by doing what you can't. Be a decent, more or less human, being," she says, tilting her head to the side with fake pleasantness. "Besides, if you want to, dismissed or otherwise," Tabitha looks at the creation, "you can come to me anytime."

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 09:35 AM
Aesa snaps to and shakes her head at Random.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 09:37 AM
Random chuckles. "Or I could just order it never to go to you. It will obey."

"My master is right. I always obey his orders...Whether I like them or not."

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 09:38 AM
Aesa suddenly chuckles.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 09:39 AM
Random looks round. "Something funny? Is my plan good enough?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 09:40 AM
"I suppose that's true. Unless I got someone to fiddle with his head a bit. After all, I'd be okay with freeing him of you," she says, making another shrugging gesture.

Tabitha and Evander turn to look at the laughing Aesa.

AmberVael
No. Do you know how damnably easy it would be to change that?
I could just...
Aesa mimics tracing a rune through the air.

Gnrlshrimp
"Change what?"

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 09:42 AM
Aesa drops her hand.
The fact that he always follows your orders.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 09:44 AM
"True...But why would you? It's not as if the rogue creation is of any interest to you."

The rogue creation leans on its spear and waits patiently. "This is going to take a while."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 09:45 AM
Tabitha looks at Aesa with a vaguely embarassed grin, "Ah-ha... I kind of forgot you were listening to all that."

Evander sits down next to the rogue creation, seriously wondering what he thinks of this, "Surely you have an opinion on what you want to do. You said a simple, peaceful life, did you not?"

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 09:47 AM
Well honestly, I'm afraid his situation is sickeningly familiar to me.
Aesa glares at Random.
So yeah, its of interest to me. In fact, I'm trying to figure out why shouldn't free its will the rest of the way right now.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 09:49 AM
Random looks confused. "Familiar? Look, after we've imprisoned Ba'al I'll let it go and it can do whatever it wants. Good enough?"

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 09:51 AM
You'd better hold to that.
Aesa turns her gaze away from Random, and she summons a pair of black gauntlets that seem to be made of pieces of polished stone, and have wickedly sharp claws on the end.
She begins putting them on.