PDA

View Full Version : Ready, Aim, Fire: Choose the Theme for Round 11

Silkenfist
2007-03-24, 04:09 PM
Welcome to the new feature of Ready, Aim, Fire: Starting next round I will let you choose the theme of the round. You receive three options and choose the one you like best. Here's how it shall work:

1) You have three days to name the scenario, you would like best to be implemented

2) Signups will be done once the new thread is up but early registrations are still allowed.

3) Please do not vote in this poll if you don't intend to participate in Ready, Aim, Fire!

4) In addition to voting in the poll, you may suggest new ideas for future rounds. They may show up in one of the future polls.

5) At the end of three days, the option with most votes will be chosen as theme for the next round. If several entries are tied at the top, I choose one of them.

6) All options that received 25% or more of the votes will be included in the next poll again. Options that received less than 25% will be held back for a while.

7) If the option "None of the above" is selected more often than any of the alternatives, I will choose a different theme altogether and hold back all of them for the next polls.

8) Choose wisely

Your options:

1) Nights of Chicago (Vampires)
In the dark corners and alleys of 1920's Chicago, drugs and weapons are smuggled while the mafia cashes in. The true rulers of the night, however, are the vampires that play the mortals like puppets. After the ancient prince of the town has fallen into torpor, the vampires of the city fight each other for the title. Will be based on the World of Darkness universe.

2) End of a childhood (Students)
In the Japan of the 21st century, a cruel TV show has been installed. In order to deter juvenile criminals and tighten its grip on the population, the authoritarian regime sends classes of schoolchildren into desolate areas and forces them to fight each other to the death before the eyes of a nationwide audience. Will be based on Battle Royale by Koushun Takami

3) Banquet Arcana (Sourcerors)
All of Ankh-Morpork looks at the Unseen University. After the 305th Archchancellor Mustrum Ridcully had passed away, an era of peace and inertia among the magicians has come to an end. Dozens of ambitious mages see their chance to claim the position and have no qualms to put their fellow wizards to death in order to reach it. Will - obviously - be based on the Discworld universe by Terry Pratchett.

Signups so far: 37
Aegeus
Akaziel
Alarra
alec
Angela
Atreyu the Masked Llama
Bookman
Calamity
Captain van der Decken
Captain Fluffy
Castaras
Cobra Ikari
Dark Corax
DarkLightDragon
Deckmaster
Destro Yersul
Ditto
firepup
Fredricus
Gezina
Gnome Barbarian
heretic
Hyram Graff
Ink
inky13112
Kewl Kat
Khantalas
Krursk
Lord Fullbladder
Lord Herman
Lord Magtok
pingcode20
Rumda
Sampi
Selrahc
Shadow
Zar Peter

Suggestions for future rounds:

Star Trek
Highwaymen (Richard Turpin, Tom King)
Fighting Jackie Chan style (Drunken Mastery & arbritary use of improvised equipment)
Snipers
War (England-Scotland, American Civil War, Thirty Year's)
Blaster Mages
Swashbuckling
Roman Gladiators
Jungle Fight/Amazons
Horse to Horse Combat/Huns/Goths/Mongols/Romans
Vikings
007 Spies
A-Team Agents
Sin City
Gore & Splatter
Fighter jet shootout (Dogfight/WWI/WWII/Space Fighters)
Post-apocalyptic scenario
Mobsters

Data:

:vaarsuvius:: The almighty Player Statistics thread. Check out your adversaries (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29553)

:roy:: The Hall of Fame (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1686881#post1686881)

:durkon:: The Rules (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26710)

Castaras
2007-03-24, 04:13 PM
The childhood one sounds awesome!

Reminds me of Musical Box...

heretic
2007-03-24, 05:01 PM
Hmm.

Sign me up please. I'll be more diligent at subscribing to the correct thread this time.

And I like the vampires.

Selrahc
2007-03-24, 05:04 PM
Old or new world of Darkness?

Anyway, vampires regardless.(With Discworld a close second)

Lord Herman
2007-03-24, 05:18 PM
Woo! Pratchett!

For another round, I propose clowns. A food fight to the death.

Silkenfist
2007-03-24, 07:18 PM
Selrahc: New world of Darkness with some alterations. I'll include some of the Clans (and possibly some of the other phenomena of the WoD) in the backstory and I will let myself inspire from your actions to see what happens.

Herman: Food fight sounds fun but I'd rather have something with a backstory and more freedom in terms of the kind of demise.

inky13112
2007-03-24, 08:38 PM
I like the mage battle.

For future rounds, perhaps world war 2 dog fights, or any other fighter jet etc. fight.

On that note, maybe a space fighter fight.

Primordial world, fight to be the surviving species

World ends in Armageddon apocalypse nuclear war fare, or the like, fight to survive in ensuing chaos...

just some thoughts

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-24, 09:21 PM
Me likey the dogfight idea. Also: Pratchett!

Lord Magtok
2007-03-24, 09:24 PM
Woo! Pratchett!

For another round, I propose clowns. A food fight to the death.

To the death? Wouldn't we need Castaras's pies to do that in a food fight?

Deckmaster
2007-03-24, 10:09 PM
I choose the second one. I've heard of that movie, but never seen it. It sounds disturbing, but infused with the sort of humor that usually accompanies RAF, it should prove very, very cool.

pingcode20
2007-03-24, 11:48 PM
Alright, sign me up for the next one.

I voted for the mage duel, by the way.

Ink
2007-03-25, 01:38 AM
Oh, sign me up for the next round please. I'll vote for the wizards at UU. Those guys always crack me up.

Shadow
2007-03-25, 03:54 AM
You've already got me signed up, so I'll use this as my subscription post and to say.... GO WoD! Vampires all the way, baby!

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-25, 04:20 AM
I want in!

InaVegt
2007-03-25, 04:35 AM
sign moi uppers

Castaras
2007-03-25, 04:51 AM
To the death? Wouldn't we need Castaras's pies to do that in a food fight?

Well if people want me to supply pies for that idea...:smallamused:

alec
2007-03-25, 05:44 AM
Sign me up again. I voted Discworld, seems like a good environment for killing Herman.

Fredricus
2007-03-25, 06:06 AM
Woo! My vote counted! Vampires take the lead!

Fredricus a roman vampire thought to be "dead" rises to hunt in chicago. The new rules say that vampires grow weaker in torpor, that's sad. Toreador/"Succubus"(don't remember the real name for the new toreador).

New themes:

Myth busters! searching for mythical creatures. Everyone want's the exclusive rights! Creatures like the albino gator in the sewers or bigfoot.

Paramedics in a cyberpunk enviroment like shadowrun. Trying to save patients cougt in a fire fight and trying not to get hit.

Dogfighting with old propeller planes, like the Red-baron.

Captain van der Decken
2007-03-25, 06:51 AM
I want in!

Silkenfist
2007-03-25, 01:42 PM
Fredricus: I'm not sure whether cryptozoologists offer enough potential for a round. But maybe I can do a monster themed round. Shadowrun is a scenario that can definitely be implemented but I would rather set you up as runners instead of DocWagon crew.

Fredricus
2007-03-26, 01:54 PM
I meant monster hunting. If someone succesfully kills themselves they get eaten by the monster or something. Chasing the albino gator through the sewers can be dangerous and adding that everyone wants exclusive rights to the find.

Looks bad for vampires... everyone hasn't voted

Vote!

Lord Herman
2007-03-26, 02:00 PM
No, don't vote! Pratchett is in the lead, so there's no more reason to vote.

Selrahc
2007-03-26, 02:56 PM
Toreador

Daeva.

The new rules say that vampires grow weaker in torpor,

Only really applies if traits are over 6 dots.

Of course given that you are probably the oldest vampire in existence you might have had a few of those...

I'd prefer to be a werewolf in the fiction, if vampires won. Or a pandoran.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-03-26, 03:08 PM
Battle Royale? Awesome.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-26, 03:26 PM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/llampire.gif also, if t his counts as the sign-up thread, please sign me up.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-03-26, 03:33 PM
Oh, Silkenfist, question.

If something doesn't win this round, it can still be a theme for a later round, right? It doesn't get eliminated or anything, right?

Fredricus
2007-03-26, 04:32 PM
6) All options that received 25% or more of the votes will be included in the next poll again. Options that received less than 25% will be held back for a while.

Is it a draw? We where 30 before this thread and how many have joined, so has everyone voted?

Captain "Fluffy"
2007-03-26, 06:13 PM
Sign me up please. I'm not familiar with Diskworld so I voted for the vampire one.

inky13112
2007-03-26, 06:24 PM
I've never heard of any of these. I just think a mage battle would be the funnest to play in :smallsmile:

Silkenfist
2007-03-26, 07:31 PM
Selrahc: After reinvestigating the material, I will probably switch back to the old system. It just offers more material.

HyramGraff
2007-03-26, 07:38 PM
I'd like to play.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-03-26, 08:29 PM
Oh, please do sign me up.

I voted Pratchett. Can't wait to see who survives to be part of the faculty.

Captain van der Decken
2007-03-27, 12:53 PM
How about Capone style gangsters as a possible later theme?

Silkenfist
2007-03-27, 04:56 PM
It is decided. This round, we will do Discworld Wizards. Vampires will remain in the selection next time, while Battle Royale is dsimissed for now.

Sampi
2007-03-28, 02:17 AM
Go Discworld! Or Vampire! Both are excellent themes!

Silkenfist
2007-03-28, 05:18 AM
Go Discworld. I'll start writing up the backstory in a few minutes.