PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Living in a Zero G paradise

bengordon1995
2014-11-22, 05:04 PM
So my new DM who I have never played a game with approached me about character creation. I asked him if he had any tips. All he had to say was "Zero Gravity, prepare for it." Im terrified and excited. Since this is such an unfamiliar DnD concept, has anybody encountered a game like this before? So far I've come up with the obvious basics: getting a fly speed, getting a massive use rope check (grappling hook/lasso movement), or getting telekenesis. Some other things that have come to mind are a bag of holding filled with an explosion (bag of winds), casting low level fire spells into closed containers for the same effect, and other cheesy ideas. Are there any solutions to movement and combat that make Zero G either a non-factor or an advantage?

Renen
2014-11-22, 07:14 PM
Mage hand yourself?
Or just get fly speed. No need to overthink if you can just pick a simple solution

aleucard
2014-11-22, 07:31 PM
If you're a Warlock, the Invocation Spiderwalk will be your buddy. Failing that, idunno aside from things you'd want anyway (flight speed, at-will teleport, etc.). If ToB is in play, ask your DM how refreshing outside of combat works and get one of the Shadow Step maneuvers.

Demidos
2014-11-22, 07:33 PM
Incorporal will function effectively as flying. I am...actually not sure whether flying works in zero g. Something to consider.

Renen
2014-11-22, 08:02 PM
If you're a Warlock, the Invocation Spiderwalk will be your buddy. Failing that, idunno aside from things you'd want anyway (flight speed, at-will teleport, etc.). If ToB is in play, ask your DM how refreshing outside of combat works and get one of the Shadow Step maneuvers.

If you are a warlock, isnt there a fly invocation

aleucard
2014-11-22, 08:18 PM
If you are a warlock, isnt there a fly invocation

Later level, but yeah. This is active from level 1, though. Swap it out when you get the upgrade if you want.

With a box
2014-11-22, 10:44 PM
There is few zero G to object is DND plane
No Gravity/Subjective Directional Gravity
In SDG, you all toward in any direction you want