PDA

View Full Version : Find Familiar

odigity
2014-11-22, 11:57 PM
From the Find Familiar spell:

"While your familiar is within 100 feet of you, you can communicate with it telepathically. Additionally, as an action, you can see through your familiar’s eyes and hear what it hears until the start of your next turn, gaining the benefits of any special senses that the familiar has."

Is seeing through your familiar's senses *also* limited to when it's within 100' of you?

Dalebert
2014-11-23, 12:40 AM
I wondered the same thing. Might be a good candidate for the RAW Q&A thread.

Shadow
2014-11-23, 12:47 AM
My interpretation is that you need to be within 100 feet.
It says additionally. IE: in addition to [this]. IE: in addition to telepathinc communication.
That telepathinc communication comes with a stipulation, so the thing that comes in addition to it should as well.
If they meant it any other way they would have almost certainly swapped thier order or specifically given it a range.

Maxilian
2014-11-23, 02:38 AM
My interpretation is that you need to be within 100 feet.
It says additionally. IE: in addition to [this]. IE: in addition to telepathinc communication.
That telepathinc communication comes with a stipulation, so the thing that comes in addition to it should as well.
If they meant it any other way they would have almost certainly swapped thier order or specifically given it a range.

I would go with these too