PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Racial Psionic feats.

Yael
2014-11-23, 03:17 AM
Are the Elan's Racial Psionic Enhancement Feats good? Like, worth the investment? This is about 3.5, if there is any PF material that improves or nerfs them, I'm not interested at all, not even if there is a PF version... 3.5 Please :C

EDIT: This includes the Elan Retainment feat, too.

Venger
2014-11-23, 05:37 AM
Are the Elan's Racial Psionic Enhancement Feats good? Like, worth the investment? This is about 3.5, if there is any PF material that improves or nerfs them, I'm not interested at all, not even if there is a PF version... 3.5 Please :C

EDIT: This includes the Elan Retainment feat, too.

No, they are uniformly terrible.

As a general rule, anything that boosts your usable a couple times/day racial abilities such as drow's darkness or vril's shriek is a poor investment.

What is your build and goals? we can probably help you find a more productive feat.

Yael
2014-11-23, 06:21 AM
No, they are uniformly terrible.

As a general rule, anything that boosts your usable a couple times/day racial abilities such as drow's darkness or vril's shriek is a poor investment.

What is your build and goals? we can probably help you find a more productive feat.

I'm just building a Psion, that's all. We are in a low-op campaign and I want to test Psion for the first time, with an Elan, because... I don't know, I like their Su abilities :O

ranagrande
2014-11-23, 06:41 AM
In a standard campaign they are, as Venger says, terrible. However, they can be very good if you're playing E6 (or E3 or E1.)

Be an Elan, take the racial feats and Human Heritage and then load up on Aberrant feats. You'll become virtually invincible.

J-H
2014-11-23, 08:02 AM
I'm running a level 30 psion right now, and Enhanced Elan Resilience has come in handy a couple of times. There's no X/day limit, just 1x/round immediate action (which uses up your swift action). 4 points of damage blocked for 1pp expended helps a lot when you have less than 300hp and are up against some heft AOE damage that you can't make the saves on.

atemu1234
2014-11-23, 04:35 PM
I'm running a level 30 psion right now, and Enhanced Elan Resilience has come in handy a couple of times. There's no X/day limit, just 1x/round immediate action (which uses up your swift action). 4 points of damage blocked for 1pp expended helps a lot when you have less than 300hp and are up against some heft AOE damage that you can't make the saves on.

...You had me at level 30.

Renen
2014-11-23, 04:57 PM
The point still stands. Being able to absorb 4hp dmg per 1pp is very useful. It WILL have you alot if your fron line fighters let things get too close to you, or if there is an unlucky crit.

Psyren
2014-11-23, 05:16 PM
I like Enhanced Resistance - An additional +2 to saves that stacks with your equipment and powers is tough to beat. The others are generally superfluous. (You should generally never need additional HP thanks to Vigor + Share Pain, and Enhanced Repletion is pretty pointless.)

Elan Retainment is handy for some builds, typically ones focused on metapsionics.

There are some really nice ones in Untapped Potential from DSP as well.