PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Swag

Lawful_Stupid
2007-03-24, 06:21 PM
Game companies love to get mechandise out for their games. So what have you collected?

My collection:

- Beanies of Pikachu, Mario, Yoshi (in shades of Green, Red, and Blue), Bowser, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Zubat, Seel, and Dratini.
- A ton of those Burger King Pokemon toys, including all six of those "Gold" cards.
- A lithograph and art book of Tales of Symphonia.
- Art books of Ar Tonelico and Tales of Legendia.
- Posters or Twilight Princess, New Super Mario Bros., Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, and Sword of Mana.

I'm sure I have a lot more that I'm forgetting about, like my of Pokemon-themed comforter. I was quite insane about PokeMerch in my youth.

Arang
2007-03-24, 06:32 PM
I have the Collector's Edition of Dreamfall. Basically a bonus disc with the game music and an artbook.

I also have the uberbeastly edition of NWN 2 (Chaotic Evil). It comes with (besides the game itself) a troll figure, a ring (that was quickly dubbed "the nerd bling" :smallbiggrin: , artbook, a map, and a bonus DVD with the original NWN and the expansions, as well as a free 7-day trial for D&D Online: Stormreach.

That's pretty much it, really.

adanedhel9
2007-03-24, 07:13 PM
I don't know have anything that I can think of...

Though I do have fond memories of detonating a Pikachu plush with leftover fireworks.

Dragor
2007-03-24, 07:56 PM
Well, I remember getting shampoo continued inside Pikachu for Christmas.

Come on. I was 9.

Logic
2007-03-24, 09:03 PM
I have several Zelda shirts, and I am sure I have got more, but nothing comes to mind right now.

Om
2007-03-25, 06:34 AM
I have both the EUIII CE and a T-shirt I won pre-release. That's it.

Dragor
2007-03-25, 06:43 AM
Oh, and I forgot about my Sid Meier's Pirates! special edition t-shirt. Sadly, it's too big for me- I look like I'm only a little out of my depth. :smalltongue:

Om
2007-03-25, 07:20 AM
Oh, and I forgot about my Sid Meier's Pirates! special edition t-shirt. Sadly, it's too big for me- I look like I'm only a little out of my depth. :smalltongue:Why is it that game t-shirts only ever come in XL? Is it the American market or are perceptions about us so firmly fixed? :smallsmile:

Beleriphon
2007-03-26, 12:15 AM
Why is it that game t-shirts only ever come in XL? Is it the American market or are perceptions about us so firmly fixed? :smallsmile:

No, but they have to make them to fit the biggest gamers within a certain range and thus only XL shirts are sent out. My extras tend to make pretty decent night shirts.

Logic
2007-03-26, 01:56 AM
I find alot of small and medium gamer shirts quite often. They are usually sold out in my area rather quickly though.

Gerrtt
2007-03-26, 08:30 AM
I've got the Ocarina of Time soundtrack and a packman t-shirt. That's about it I think. For the most part I'm kindof a closet nerd. Most people never know anything about my DnD/videogame world until they come over because I choose my audience very well.

WampaX
2007-03-26, 09:57 AM
Metal Gear Solid metal bound notebook w/ concept art
Tekken 3 T-shirt

Umm, I think that about sums up the freebies I've gotten with Video Game purchases. I rarely pre-order anything, and I'm pretty sure that was the way I got those two things.

neriana
2007-03-26, 11:28 AM
In my experience, Nintendo is the only retailer that bothers to make small and medium shirts. Nintendo always has the best swag generally, too. When I worked in a video game store, we always looked forward to the Nintendo lady's visit because she'd leave us cool stuff, and bring shirts the women could actually wear.

Dragor
2007-03-26, 11:30 AM
Why is it that game t-shirts only ever come in XL? Is it the American market or are perceptions about us so firmly fixed? :smallsmile:

I hope they don't all envisage us as fat gamers. I'm extremely skinny- and the special edition Pirates! was the only one I could find. Sue me. :smalltongue:

Varen_Tai
2007-03-26, 11:31 AM
At one time, I owned a mouse pad AND an analog watch from the now-canceled Babylon 5 game. I gave them away to a friend who was also a huge B5 fan, but now I regret it... That watch was pretty darn cool...

Penguinizer
2007-03-26, 12:27 PM
I used to have a pikachu stuffed animal toy. I wish I had a big stuffed Yoshi :D

kuja.girl
2007-03-29, 04:36 PM
lets see...this would take a while to list out, so the highlights:

Sony sent me a game binder/notebook for their new Gamer Advisory Panel and a certificate of "excellence" or something (I need to get that framed, it's a crack up).

Dragon Quest Slime keychains - from last years E3...King, liquid metal and cure.

Various shirts - pretty much all larges & mens :( so I don't wear them very often.

Action Figures/Toys - I have a lot of these. The largest (and neatest) of which are: my 2 Bahamut's, one from Final Fantasy X and the repaint from X-2, the Cloud Strife/Motorcycle combo from FF: Advent Children, Bahamut Sin (also Advent Children)... etc.

Soundtracks - Lots of final fantasy here but my favorit is the soundtrack from Square Soft's Vagrant Story (PS1). It's good music and has D&D creepy-dungeon flavor.

Oh and a tiny little stuffed Spyro the dragon. He's cute.

Amiria
2007-03-29, 05:05 PM
I have the European Collector's Edition of Morrowind (including the soundtrack, an artbook, and an Ordinator miniature).

I lost the miniature somewhere. Woe betide me.

Timberwolf
2007-03-29, 05:52 PM
I've got the FF7 soundtrack somewhere and the dreamfall collectors edition (beautiful music). If I was a KNEX boy at heart instead of Lego, I'd have got the KNEX Mechwarrior range when it was out. Ummmmmmm, that's about it.

AtS
2007-03-29, 08:10 PM
I'd have to say my most treasured peice of gaming paraphernalia is my "I am 8-bit" art book. It has some pretty sweet pictures in it. I love it.

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-03-29, 09:10 PM
A poster with most of the nintendo characters in a race. Awesome.

No shirts unfortunently...

That's about it. For a devout fan of Nintendo, my swag is lacking.

Saint George
2007-03-29, 11:29 PM
- Kirby, Tonberry, and Megaman.exe Plush
-A Megaman Radio (wtf?)
- A ton of ragnarok online pens. These are still circulating my house and are pretty good just ballpoint pens.
-Blackmage, Kirby, and Capcom Pin (for badges and whatnot)

At the moment that is all I can think of....

tgva8889
2007-03-29, 11:55 PM
There exists a Kirby plushy? I have to get me one of those.

I have so many pokemon stuffed and plush toys I don't know what to do with them. I know I have a Pikachu that squeaks, a Zubat, a Seal, a Pichu, a Cyndaquil, a Polywhirl and Squirtle, and I think some more that I just can't remember right now. What? I really, really liked Pokemon. I still like it, just not so much as to buy every piece of swag I can.

I also still have completed collections of the first 5 or 6 Pokemon card sets. Which basically means I have, like, $500 worth of Pokemon cards in my house.