PDA

View Full Version : K.N.A.V.E.S Headquarters

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 07:05 PM
I wanted to start a villain organization/meeting place. Why should the heroes have all the fun? Please note that just because my character can be a total fascist, doesn't mean that I am. Same goes for anyone who wants to join; it's not like you have to believe in the goal to play it, even though it comes off superserious. Okay, rant done. On to the evil!

A new organization that has sprung up after the posting of signs in various places around town (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2253368#post2253368), the Killing of the Not-Able-to-Vote Ending Solution Party is situated in an ominous fortress that very much reflects its supposed goals, even if its name only states a small part of what the party really stands for. This blackened stone building (An average castle, containing all standard castle rooms and, in total, about 15 assorted rooms on level 1 and 2 each, and about 5 on level 3), situated in a limb of the governmental district, is dormant and mostly secretive until the event of an election.
In the event of an election, the block-like central fort and imposing defensive walls light up and spring into action. The gates of the outer wall close, but the doors of the main building spring open. Lanterns along the wall and torches inside the fort light without assistance, and mailed soldiers with black tabards (embroidered on the front and back with the image of a scale of justice, in crimson) patrol the walls, clanking in unison. Every soldier (NPC) wears an identical mask, a perfectly smooth steel faceplate with nothing but slits to expose the face, vertical over the mouth and horizontal over the eyes. This is when the Party does not operate its evil "law enforcement" in secret, but rather, publicly, for one day only. The thinly-veiled totalitarian "party" has dedicated itself to the extermination of non-voters particularly, but as well any and all who do not directly support the infrastructure of the town. Despite the fact that the government does not want the party's help, it keeps its actions steady and defends itself expertly against interlopers and even the rejection of its own political system. (Note: I frown upon people simply saying "I walk right in" but particularly detailed or original ways of getting will be enjoyed. Or you could just, you know, stand at the gate and the guards'll let you in if you're not a blatant enemy.)

PARTY STRUCTURE

UNIFORM:
The party uniform is standard, a combination black tabard and double-breasted coat. Room is allowed for members to customize, to a degree, as members must still be recognizable as members when within the headquarters. Anyone above NPC soldier rank is issued an evil-looking hat, hood or mask (requests may be made) and allowed to choose a new name (below) within the organization. When at base, all members must wear the image of a scale somewhere so as to not be misidentified as a usurper.

NAMES:
Party Monikers are constructed as such:

Prefix: "The, Mister, Madam, Comrade, Sir," or another title of some sort.
Suffix: A single word pertaining in some way to law and government. Even if, say "Habeas Corpus," is cool, a simple "Lord Corpus," or "Agent Habeas" should suffice.
Thus, every name should be two words, such as "Armiger Executive" or "Miss Jury," although exceptions will be allowed when deemed appropriate (Ie: "Ringleader Veto" could become "The Ringleader Veto" or "Ring Leader Veto" without too much struggle)

DUTIES/PARTY GOALS:
Except for the lowest of NPCs, K.N.A.V.E.S Party members have a surprising amount of freedom. Although the organization's public goal is to eliminate non-voters, its overall function is as a dark and cruel not-so-secret police. Its members effectively work double lives (except for the truly dedicated), normal citizens by day and vigilantes of the worst sort by night. So long as justice is served seasoned with blood, the K.N.A.V.E.S Party is happy.

JOINING and MEMBERS:
A prospective member need only approach the gates to be allowed a path to the fort. If he strays so much as an inch onto the grounds, he is considered a threat, but as long as he beelines to the castle he is safe. Any member may meet him there and document his allegiance and request of name and uniform, but Clergyman State controls the ultimate decision for order's sake (Ironic, because the Party prides itself on voting). The only truly mandatory dates of servitude are election dates, and as well these are the days when, rather than just acting the evil police, the party lives up to its name.

NOTE: The K.N.A.V.E.S. organization is a very "double-life" ish setting. It is intended as an opening to play a character as a Lawful Evil or Neutral (or possibly LG if he's obsessive) villain and then go right back to RPing him or her normally. For instance, Namesake is a Paladin/Purifier while Clergyman State is a Blackguard/Corrupt Avenger. This is meant to be fun, not a responsibility or obligation.

The positions are:

DICTADOR
May step down and appoint a Vice Dictador on occasion.

Clergyman State-Namesake (Necropaladin)

RELATED:

District-No other name. State's messenger, appearing as a teeny tiny tap-dancing State who wears a sombrero. State has very little, if any, control over District.

Police State-Revenant (Necropaladin). Revenant the Police State is Clergyman State's personal bodyguard. A living embodiment of divine tyranny, Revenant is the result of State turning the corpse of Maph'Tey (Rebonack) into a perfect servant. TRAITOR
CIRCULO INTERNO
Advisors to the Dictador, may veto a blatantly self-destructive order. The Party's survival is necessary even before the Dictador's. Access to all rooms but The Chapel.

Seductivo Illuminario-Arha (wxdruid)

OFICIALES
Can be issued a set amount of Soldados or NPCs for missions. Can request things of the Party. Have access to room and board within the compound, and the second level of the castle.

Czar Prohibition-Tom (The Geomancer)
The Blind Justice-Iridaceae (Rebonack)

SOLDADOS
Basic Rank, issued uniform and name. Have access to an extensive armory but only the first level of the three-story castle.

The Jury-Random's Creations (Gnrlshrimp)
Shadow Spy and Fire Judge-Dall and Sylk (Goblin Music)
Enforcer Judicial-Darkblade (darkblade)
Sir Conviction-Jacobus Hyde (Warpfire777)
Angel of the Judges-Manal (Manal)
Comrade Prison-Shalashaska (Reptilus)
Archduke Sua Sponte-Rex (Jacklu) RESOLVED

GUARDIAS (or "Constables")
A less dedicated Soldado, acting as a kind of vigilante policeman. These nonextremist agents are employed with diplomat-class Papeles Especializados and Artesanos to soften the Party's image. They are also the most likely to show themselves in public during daylight hours without a disguise.

The Law-Clay (Kyrian)
GUARDIAS DE CHEIF
This rank is to Guardia as Oficial is to Soldado, composed of non-extremist officers who operate as a kind of self-employed police chief. Aside from their nonlethal tactics and willingness to operate in public, they otherwise serve as Oficiales.

None (as of yet)
NPCs
Not joinable, but notable nontheless. Lots of faceless guards.

ARTESANOS and other NONCOMBATIENTES
Cooks, smiths, propagandists, architects and the like who work within the complex. May also hold other ranks.

Professor Affadavit-Random (Gnrlshrimp)-Research and Development K.N.A.V.E
Fire JudgeSylk (Goblin Music)-Lantern Management Class (I just made up that title)
Attorney of Fate-Amy (Manal)-Owner of a K.N.A.V.E.S-friendly restaurant.
Castellan Corpus-Alfred (J.W. Wells)-Legal Advisor to State

PAPELES ESPECIALIZADOS
Assassins, diplomats, anyone who doesn't just go out and enforce a sick image of the law the standard way. These members additionally carry Soldado or Oficial rank (or the good and evil offshoots above and below), as Papele Especializado does not signify power in the organization.

The Blind Justice-Oficial Rank, Our resident alien body-snatcher for subterfuge and espionage. Mentor of Shadow Spy, a saboteur.
Professor Affadavit-Artesano Rank, employs "creations" rather than involving himself. He is a Soldado and Noncombatiente both, but only counts as one member.
Czar Prohibition-Oficial Rank, serves as a mobile garbage disposal that gets rid of all the incriminating bodies and turns them into fertilizer. Not getting any more graphic than that.
Castellan Corpus-Artesano Rank, is the official law K.N.A.V.E. And we don't mean law enforcement, we mean legalization. After all, with the right forms, any of our members could pass off their actions as religious expression...
TORTURADORES
The members that are the very most evil and most desensitized to killing are dropped into this rank, which always carries Oficial or greater status. Gain access to The Scar, an extensive prison underneath the Headquarters. Serve as torturers for the powerful foes that the party does not kill outright. When on outside missions, Torturadores act as the anti-Guardia; they almost always go for the kill, or at least pain.

Magister Terrorem-Crucius (Nevrmore)

VERDUGOS
Verdugos are the worst of the Torturadores, serving exclusively as executioners. A scuffle with this Anti-Guardia de Cheif will result in outright death or victory for the enemy, with no in-between.

Inquisitor Verdict-Aesa (Vael)

ASSOCIATES:
Not a rank at all, but simply those allowed into the complex that are not part of the organization, whether they want to be acknowledged or not. Can apply for membership. Associate status is attainable by anyone who assists the party, shares its goals (although that is up to judgement), or even sympathizes with it. Associate status must be declared if it is not shown through direct assistance, and is repealable by those of Oficial status or greater (though a higher rank may stop a lower rank from doing so)

Destro Yersul

PUNISHMENT RANKS:

ON PROBATION
These are the members who have fallen out of State's favor...They are not enemies to the organization, but they are stripped of their title and considered civilians (and thus, free targets if they break the law) until further notice. Members on probation do not share the benefits of a standard member until State deems them worthy to reenter, but they are protected from retribution by other members solely based on the action that put them on probation.

Cases of Probation will be kept in record, even once they have expired, as multiple offenses will instigate harsher punishment, possibly even the mantle of a traitor.

Clay-Formerly "The Law" (Kyrian) OVER
-Standard Probation (8 Days)
-For refusing orders from a superior officer, and insulting said superior. Normally, this warrants expulsion, but he was not the aggressor of the situation. State orders, repeat, orders that there be no vengeance taken for this action as Clay is not hostile. Clay is still allowed in headquarters, but will hold no authority.

TRAITORS

Kill these scum on sight. These former members deserve no penalty but eternal damnation, as even the Death penalty is too lenient.

These cases will be considered targets for open hostility until the case is resolved.

Archduke Sua Sponte RESOLVED
Rex tried to rob Czar Prohibtion, before sparring with him, Sir Conviction, and Comrade Prison. Case resolved when Rex was given the deal to leave, pay a fine, and never return, as s/he did no permanent damage.

Police State
Revenant nearly killed our illustrious leader, and fought both Czar Prohibition and Magister Terrorem (and Maph'tey) refusing arrest all the while. Revenant is not an immediate target (State still has reservations about him) but is to be considered hostile and attacked if he involves himself in actions against any KNAVE or associate thereof.

Repeated, this organization is not meant to be an obligation, but rather a fun way to feel like a total villain, and then go right back to doing whatever your character was doing, be it evil or good. You have no restrictions when set to uphold the law your way. Tired of the police? Come to us. Don't want to have to work for us all the time but interested? Then join and just work when you feel like it. I'd like to see this grow into a big villain group, because I'm always seeing Tyranids and Necromongers, but never a player character league of evil. And even then, we have room for vigilantes and, at the most extreme, heroes. Now join and let's get tyrannical!

To join, simply approach and you should be met eventually. After a suitable amount of RP, you will be issued a uniform, a helm/hat/hood/other, and a name. The uniform is standardized until you work on it yourself, but the headgear and name are requested by you as you join. If you do not specify, it is up to the judgement of the recruiter. If you wait for too long and a recruiter is not available, feel free to NPC-RP the situation (to an extent) before noting the name and hat you will be known by, as well as whether you are applying as a Soldado, Guardia, Torturador, or Artensano. It's also interesting to give a description of what your character would look like in full uniform, once your coat/tabard has been fully customized.

I will update later with a description of the interior of the castle itself, as one need not enter to join and joining is the top priority as of now.

NOTE: The castle IS destructible. Indestructible buildings take away so many possibilities, and it's not that hard to say "I rebuild it" afterward.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 07:37 PM
To start:

Namesake walks confidently out in front, dressed as "Clergyman State." He wears a black doublebreasted coat extended at the bottom to form a tabard and long coat-tails, poofy red pants, tall leather boots with iron tips, and heavy armor beneath red military epaulets. His collar is turned up as a priest's, and he wears a gold mask and spiked officer's helm that completely obscure his face (and hold his jaw, allowing him to speak normally). The red scale of the Party is placed on his lapel and the forehead of his helm.

Time to be the bad guy.

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-24, 08:26 PM
Destro speeds by on a motorbike, almost missing Namesake. If it weren't for his particular necromantic signature he wouldn't have found him at all. The bike does a full 540 degree spin before coming to a stop. Hello!

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 08:30 PM
"My, this is an opportune time." grumbles State sarcastically. He then perks up when he thinks about why Destro would be here, and lopes over to the avatar of necromancy.

"I suppose you have the list then?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-24, 08:41 PM
Of course. I've got four names for you. Destro hands State a somewhat crinkled peice of paper. Four necromantic signatures, four names. I couldn't pick any others out of the background noise, so these are probably the strongest ones. There's Tinderhall, whom I've heard is decently powerful. He's off on a trip through the hells, if my information is correct. Maerok is a demilich, and seems to be off radar for the moment. He's surrounded by lesser signatures quite a lot. weaker undead, no doubt. There's also Nekulor, who is currently in space above the town. He's rather self absorbed, and likes thinking he's tough. Finally, there's the wraith of the old Necromancy. Bugger doesn't want to die, apparently.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 08:46 PM
"And you know what I hate in these fiends. The innocence factor. Or rather, how much is each known for destroying it?" State fidgets uncomfortably, fingers drumming on a nasty-looking baton at his side.

He keeps glancing down, eventually managing, "And what kind of hellish mount is that thing? A construct of some sort?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-24, 08:52 PM
Destro nods. Something like that. It has two wheels, goes very fast, and makes a lot of noise. Completely mechanical though. Not sure how it works, but it does and I don't want to take it apart to find out. Might explode.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 08:54 PM
State drops his steadfast demeanor for a second and raises a finger pitifully.

"Um, yes. That would be bad."
Then, springing to a salute,

"Right, then! Back to work! There's much to do, and I can't just kill time alone."
There is an ominous pause, and he turns to head back through the slowly-opening gate.

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-24, 08:57 PM
So, what are you doing, exactly? Destro raises an eyebrow at the ominous pause. Paladins aren't known for ominousness.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 08:58 PM
State's eyes gleam beneath his mask.

"Only something that this city needed to do long ago."

The gate crashes down.

EDIT: Using the wall to get to a roof nearby, State dissapears.

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-24, 09:02 PM
Destro shrugs. Curious. Not really my problem though. He revs the bike a couple times and shoots off through town.

wxdruid
2007-03-24, 09:25 PM
Arha stops in front of the fortress, she takes a pose guaranteed to bring the Master of the castle out to talk to her.

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 09:32 PM
Aesa appears, lying down with her wings partially folded and placed along her back, and her hands crossed under her chin.
Oh, and she is lying down on the air, her head about three inches above Arha's head.

wxdruid
2007-03-24, 09:34 PM
Arha looks up at her, "Yes?"

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 09:35 PM
Aesa looks down at Arha, smiling "sweetly."
Just waiting.

wxdruid
2007-03-24, 09:35 PM
Arha shrugs in a I don't care kind of way and waits.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 09:38 PM
The gate opens with the clank of clockwork and Clergyman State strolls out, removing his mask and helm.

"Well then. This is certainly going slowly. I had to content myself with simply toying with minds rather than killing. We need support."

Now Namesake, he acknowledges Arha and eyes Aesa suspiciously.

"Oh, and what does Aesa want with ... little old me then?"

wxdruid
2007-03-24, 09:39 PM
Arha nods back

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 09:40 PM
Well, I certainly didn't expect you to be behind this bit of fun.
Aesa drifts down to the ground.
It looked like something I might want to join.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 09:46 PM
Namesake puts his mask and helm back on.

"Excellent. I'm hardly one to trust you entirely, but your power would be both put to good use and immensely valuable in this gambit. And I'm sure you could provide an air of reality, considering that I tend to become unglued at times."
He leads the two women into the courtyard so over-elegantly as to look comical, as one carrying a spined baton does not exactly look the gentleman.

"I'm deciding now whether you would go into the Inner Circle...as you are certainly the first outsider to express any interest whatsoever."

He corrects himself.

"Positive. Interest."

wxdruid
2007-03-24, 09:48 PM
Arha saunters inside the fortress, looking around with interest.

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 09:49 PM
Aesa walks with Namesake and looks around.
Trusting me does seem to get people into bad situations sometimes.
But I find that it gets them out of alot more.

Kyrian
2007-03-24, 09:53 PM
A man walks up, his boots kicking up tiny loose pebbles in the ground as he walks. Dark sunglasses cover his eyes, and he pulls the gray jacket closer around him as he looked up at the structure in front of him. His long white hair waved silently in the wind, and he ran his hand over his white mustache.

They're here...somewhere....

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 09:53 PM
State notices Arha eyeing the fortifications.

"It's hardly in working order. The nameless lackeys are the only ones I've got on this now, although I suppose that they'll do for the time being."

A 'lackey' steps up.

"I take offense to-"

There's a *crack* as State whips the baton around, flooring the man and making him black out for a few seconds. The baton is back on his belt almost as fast as it was removed.

"See, if I were a policeman, I would have told him off, and he wouldn't learn anything. And that's why I didn't become a policeman."

The man groans a bit and is dragged off by two other NPCs.

At the door of the keep, State hands Aesa a list, still unsure if Arha wants to join or just watch. The list details the whole name/uniform rabble.

"Unless you want to back out, then tell me what I should adress you as within these walls. From there, it's simple."

wxdruid
2007-03-24, 09:55 PM
Arha smirks

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 09:58 PM
Aesa taps her lips.
Hmmm... could I have a little time? I want to do this right...

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 09:59 PM
State glances at Arha, but is unsure of why she smirked. He grimaces under the mask and decides to continue the matter at hand.

"Indeed. You have as much time as you need to ponder this, although I suppose that the magnificent slaughter I had planned after the elections will have to wait. I don't want to rush anyone as valuable as yourself, for the sake of my own hide as much as the flaying of others' hides."

Kyrian
2007-03-24, 10:00 PM
The man outside wonders if maybe he didn't step in the correct square, and therefore didn't trigger the cutscene where someone would come out and ask what he wanted.

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 10:01 PM
Aesa hums a little.
If I promise to think on it, can we get on with the rest?

wxdruid
2007-03-24, 10:03 PM
"Do you have a position open for a torturer? I'm really quite fond of making people tell me what I want to hear."

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 10:03 PM
Hey now, don't try and steal my job.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 10:04 PM
The man outside wonders if maybe he didn't step in the correct square, and therefore didn't trigger the cutscene where someone would come out and ask what he wanted.

((Sorry, I'm the only member thus far!))

"The rest isn't mu-"

He suddenly turns mid-step and heads to the gate, which creaks open again.

"Again a visitor comes at an opportune time. What business have you here?"

He turns to Arha and laughs as he walks outside. It sounds like a meat grinder. "Torturer? We have an entire branch."

Kyrian
2007-03-24, 10:05 PM
What is this place, what's it about, and where do I sign?

wxdruid
2007-03-24, 10:08 PM
"Sounds like my kind of organization"

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 10:09 PM
I'm sure you can be my understudy, little girl.
Aesa smiles and looks to Namesake.
Sounds like my branch. I'll join it.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 10:09 PM
"In order, sir, it would be, the K.N.A.V.E.S Party's hardly-illustrious keep, dedicated to the elimination of criminals, opposing groups, and Non-Voters who contribute nothing to the government, and you sign with me."

Luckily, State doesn't have to breathe as he says this mouthful.

He hands both women papers detailing a sign-up for the rank of "Torturador" and turns back to the man.

Kyrian
2007-03-24, 10:10 PM
Right then. I want in. Name's Clay.

wxdruid
2007-03-24, 10:12 PM
Arha folds her arms, enhancing her assets, "I am no one's understudy, witch"

She fills out the forms first.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 10:15 PM
"If you're in, then your name isn't Clay", he says, detailing the guidlines and the positions of "Soldados," "Guardias," "Torturadores," and "Artesanos."

"Oh, and I almost forgot. For every five lower ranking members, a higher ranking member will be appointed. So don't be offended by the positions I'm suggesting; if you are destined to do so, you will rise later."

((Note: Detail your title/name and hat, if applicable, when you join. Then I'll put yer name up! You people can also answer the door and accept membership applications when I'm out, but be aware that eventually the right to invite will become a bit more exclusive.))

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 10:15 PM
And you're not my better, bitch.
Aesa hums and fills out her forms.

wxdruid
2007-03-24, 10:17 PM
"Only in your sweetest dreams." Arha replies sweetly.

she hands in the proper forms for a Torturadore

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 10:17 PM
"-which State promptly looks over." to conclude both posts.

"I need your knave names. From there go and get yourself a hat. There's a store room by the side of the west wall, and we always encourage a little individuality."

He again corrects himself;

"Individuality among our membership, that is."

Kyrian
2007-03-24, 10:19 PM
Clay raises an eyebrow, over 9000% certain that his name is Clay. Guardias be my choice...whatever language that is.

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 10:19 PM
My life is my sweetest dream. I'll have you on your knees in a day.
Aesa hands over the papers.

wxdruid
2007-03-24, 10:20 PM
Arha chuckles cruelly.

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 10:22 PM
Hmm... Inquisitor Verdict.

Rebonack
((They're making friends already =D))

NecroPaladin
((Damn right Rebonack. Oh, and Aesa gots herself a name. Again, read first post under membership you three two! Before I can update I need to know what the name on your paper was! And pick a hat! The hat is imperative to success! Just look at Napoleon! ))

State smiles through his mask as he looks at Aesa. He files the papers and places them in a bag.

"An excellent moniker, Inquisitor Verdict."

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 10:24 PM
Aesa goes off to find herself a Fez. :biggrin:

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 10:25 PM
An EVIL fez?

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 10:26 PM
...is there a good fez?

Kyrian
2007-03-24, 10:28 PM
Well, seeming how Clay is apparently supposed to just procure his own papers, he turns in a 8.5x11 piece of looseleaf with the name "The Law" on it. Other names have been crossed out, such as "Mr. Irrational Voter", "The Independent Judiciary", and ok his player doesn't really care that much about his Poly Sci class anyways.

Clay hands this paper over as a cowboy hat appears on his head.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 10:32 PM
There's a good (quality) evil (fear it) fez.

State turns to Clay,

"Ah, I apologize. I should have given you your forms...

Ah, the Law is an impeccable choice. You-"

He then exclaims, chuckling,

"*Snort* Mister Irrational Voter?"

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 10:34 PM
Aesa smirks at it, wondering if she was actually going to wear it.
She decides yes, just so she can have an excuse to beat the crap out of people when they make fun of it.

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 10:34 PM
"An excellent moniker, Inquisitor Verdict."

((The best part about Inquisitors is that no one expects them (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZQI0Xm29To&mode=related&search=).))

Kyrian
2007-03-24, 10:35 PM
Talk to my player about that one. I see no fault with Law, as it is a word that deals with Law.

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-24, 10:36 PM
((The best part about Inquisitors is that no one expects them (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZQI0Xm29To&mode=related&search=).))

((Surprise is one of their primary weapons, y'know))

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 10:37 PM
As if reading her mind State smirks (suddenly I realize you can't see that, either) and says,

"Yes, Verdict. It is a felony within our rules to openly mock the law, so they're not allowed to say anything about it without retribution."

He continues to leaf through Ahra's documents as NPC's hustle to issue a black coat/tabard to Aesa and Clay.

"Customize those as you wish, just keep the emblem. So I know not to kill you. Illuminario, be sure to get fully suited-"
-he gestures to Arha's head.

((Kyrian, I listed you under "The Law;" and there's no problem with it. Namesake was just laughing at the rejected names.))

wxdruid
2007-03-24, 10:41 PM
Arha taps her foot impatiently

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 10:41 PM
Aesa grins and puts on the fez.
It somehow looks sinister on her. Mostly because Aesa looking ridiculous foretells disaster.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 10:50 PM
Clay and Arha's papers go into the bag, leaving only the hat to finish the deal.

"Verdict, Law, Illuminario. With your help, the masses will soon realize who is truly holding the power in the government,"
He draws his baton and laughs,

"-even if we have to exhibit some force to get the point across. But who argues with a little display of the law's capability?"
He smashes the baton into the ground energetically, basking in the moment.

His next words would drip "sinister" if it was a liquid and not a word;

"After all, we know it's for their own good."

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 10:53 PM
Something sinister makes its way toward the compound, something malign and malevolent to the highest degree.

Something that is fed up with Rebonack using it as a secondary character for far too long.

As it stands, he appears to be nothing more than just another nameless NPC smirking up at the entrance.

"Oh... this will fit me perfectly" he purrs. It's honestly kind of creepy hearing a guy purr.

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 10:53 PM
Aesa chuckles at Namesake.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 10:55 PM
Something sinister makes its way toward the compound, something malign and malevolent to the highest degree.

Something that is fed up with Rebonack using it as a secondary character for far too long.

As it stands, he appears to be nothing more than just another nameless NPC smirking up at the entrance.

"Oh... this will fit me perfectly" he purrs. It's honestly kind of creepy hearing a guy purr.

((Oh...****! You've GOT to be kidding me...))

wxdruid
2007-03-24, 10:56 PM
Arha slowly smiles, "Yes."

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 10:59 PM
((It's an androgynous body-snatching cyborg. The thing is always creepy like.))

The 'NPC' wait impatiently for someone to open the door for him.

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-24, 11:01 PM
((*eyetwitch* this is the thing that got Grothok, isn't it?))

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 11:02 PM
((Thank you all that is holy. I thought it was RUIN.))

State, only partially through the gate, which hasn't even had time to fully close, promptly orders it open again, interrupted in the middle of "Arha chooses her hat so-". Two NPC guards groan and reel it back up.

"Oh, another one...This night is turning out better than I expected!"

He seems a bit out of place, expressing glee.

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 11:03 PM
Aesa summons up her whip and gives it an experiment crack.

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 11:03 PM
The 'NPC' begins to idly shift between the forms of a bar maid, a farmer, a hobo, and Grothok while standing outside the front gate.

It stops on the hobo by the time State speaks.

"Just looking for something to spend my time doing," the ill-kept man says with a predatory grin. "I understand you intend to punish people a little more... severely than the police here are willing?"

Kyrian
2007-03-24, 11:04 PM
The man holds out his hand and a 3D mesh of a revolver appears above it. It fills in and the man snatches the revolver out of the air.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 11:04 PM
"Oh ho HO! A shapeshifter! And you might be-?"

((Ruin would have been the one exception to joining this organization. ONE. And getcher hat, Arha. It's a trademark that shows the other organized evil who's better than they are.))

wxdruid
2007-03-24, 11:05 PM
Arha stalks down to the dungeons to familiarize herself with her territory.

((she will wear a small black round lace hat on the crown of her head.))

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 11:08 PM
The Scar is like a dark echo of the Police Department/Cellblock in town, with a mirror-reversal of the rooms found in that structure. However, all that would normally contain police equipment contains all manner of assorted torture instruments and implements. The architecture is foreboding and a bit gothic. Get your hat.

wxdruid
2007-03-24, 11:11 PM
Arha methodically goes through each room and checks every single thing, (it will take her hours because I really need to get to bed)

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 11:12 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/sjunderw/Aesainquisitorverdict.png
Inquisitor Verdict joins Arha in looking around The Scar, smirking as she toys with her fez.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 11:14 PM
((Wow. Quick change of clothes. Did it right in front of State, did you? :smallamused: ))

State continues to watch the shapeshifter, baffled.

"Well? Going to say something?"

wxdruid
2007-03-24, 11:15 PM
Arha smirks and continues, not really caring to talk to Aesa.

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 11:16 PM
((Spells will help with that. :smalltongue:
And I have enough avatars of Aesa now that I can pretty much make a new one without any effort))

Aesa hums and picks up a likely torture implement.

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 11:18 PM
The hobo smirks as his flesh is consumed in a sickly sea-green inferno, revealing a rather unfriendly creature looking back at Judge. Its frame is clad in some strange silvery, red-tinted armor with fibrous maroon flesh visible between the joints. Its head is like the metallic skull (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/Ironack/irysprofile.jpg) of some kind of demonic bird of prey, a single leer orb glowing within a pit in its forehead.

The creature flexes its wicked, sickle-like talons. Talons in turn fused to a bracer/gauntlet that covers the whole of its forearm. Several azure gems hum with an unearthly light upon its breastplate and cuirass.

"I am Iridaceae, Infiltrator of the Keelak Empire. My purposes would be served well here," it responds in a harsh, grating voice.

((I post slow >.>))

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 11:26 PM
State's eyes widen involuntarily. If he was human he would have defecated himself.

"I bet they WOULD. Ye Gods!"

He recovers himself.

"I suppose that you're after a better way to gain influence in our town than direct attack? A wise choice. And I doubt that if you betray us anyone in this town would have sympathy for you, no offense intended."

He briefs Iridaceae on the guidelines.

"I suppose you'd have to take one form to stay in uniform, unless you have a way around that. What position do you wish to take?"

Namesake begins to suffer from an onset of dead time.

"Oh dear. Let's hurry this up."

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 11:36 PM
A single wicked spear-tipped tendril slithers out of the creature's back, the same sort of crimson orb present within its skull thrumming away inside. It appears to be looking behind itself as it walk inside.

"Soldados, a Papeles Especializados, specifically will function for the time being," Iridaceae coos. How it can coo with the irritating voice it has is anyone's guess. "I believe it may serve me well to... subdue those criminals that the police force sees fit to release. With my... peculiar talents I believe I can go about my errands... unobstructed."

It turns back toward State, a single pulse of excitement running through its frame.

"Will that be... acceptable?"

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 11:39 PM
"Of course. To me you are Iridaceae no longer. Give me your 'name', choose a distinctive headpiece, and put on a coatabard (He made that word up). Welcome to the show."

As Namesake heads hastily (partially out of fear of the strange monster) back into the main keep, Dead Time is already eating away at his legs.

The gate is left open for the creature. It will open for members and close after they're through from this point forward, except in cases like recruitment. Since I've got only so much posting time left, recruiting should be handled by, in order of should-the-previous-not-be-there,

Seductivo Illuminario,
Inquisitor Verdict,
The Law,
Whatever the shapeshifter calls itself The Blind Justice.

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 11:47 PM
Iridaceae is close behind; its taloned grieves clacking on the flagstone. It gives a low, menacing chuckle in response to his question. That isn't its only response, however. Sickly flame washes over it, obscuring its frame for a moment before revealing a comely woman clad in the standard uniform and sporting a rather wide-brimmed hat.

The hat is, of course, the same worn by the main speaker of The Spanish Inquisition!.

She smirks as she glances around the compound.

"The Blind Justice shall do."

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 11:50 PM
((Ah, you did this RIGHT after I PM'ed you.))

Namesake is already in his strongroom, writing down each member and position. With a yell, he is entirely enveloped by dead time.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-25, 12:25 PM
Clergyman State exits the storeroom, already commanding and malevolent. He salutes stiffly and absently at no one in particular, and then walks out to the grounds to begin the day. He twirls his baton and a german military march begins to play in the background for no apparent reason. He marches without bending his legs in typical fascist manner.

He only beats three NPCs this morning:

"You there! Stop dilly-dallying! We aren't going to take this city by slacking off, are we? Stop killing time, and start killing criminals!"
*crack*
"Get that sword fully in its holster! We can't have our men just leaving their equipment loose! We're organized! We're the LAW, you fool!"
*crunch*
"That is NOT a bootshine! These iron tips will be either spotless or in your head next time! Here's this job's payment, you wretch!"
*smack*

He then puts up a signboard on the side of the main keep ((please read it fully, I got some REALLY nice evil ranting going in there)):

MY FELLOW KNAVES:

IT APPEARS THAT OUR DULLARD OF AN ORGANIZATION WILL HAVE TO MOVE AT A SLUGGISH PACE FOR AN INDEFENITE PERIOD OF TIME (HOW I HATE THAT TIME). MOST DUTIES SHALL BE ENACTED BY INDIVIDUALS UNTIL THE EVENT THAT MORE ORGANIZED STRIKES MAY BE PUT INTO ACTION. HOWEVER, IN THE ABSENCE OF ENOUGH FORCE TO TAKE ON THE NON-VOTER PROBLEM, I BELEIVE ANOTHER GOAL MAY BE MANAGEABLE - THE ASSAULT OF THE POLICE HEADQUARTERS. ALTHOUGH MINDLESS DESTRUCTION IS ENCOURAGED TO HIDE OUR ACTIONS, THE HIGH PRIORITY WILL BE LIBERATING THE PRISONERS. AND, OF COURSE, BY LIBERATING, I MEAN SUBDUED AND TAKEN TO THE SCAR. FROM THERE OUR TWO RESIDENT TORTURERS SHOULD GO TO WORK ON THEM.

INQUISITOR VERDICT, SEDUCTIVO ILLUMINARIO, YOUR GOALS ARE CLEAR. ONLY TWO THINGS WILL HAPPEN TO THESE DRAINS ON SOCIETY:

THEY WILL CONVERT TO THE KNAVES CAUSE, PREFERABLY BOUND INTO SERVITUDE,

OR THEY WILL BE TORTURED UNTIL THEY DIE SOLELY FROM THE LOSS OF A WILL TO LIVE.

THIS SHOULD BE MADE CLEAR TO THE PRISONERS NOT BEFORE TORTURE, BUT DURING, AS ANY IMMEDIATE ATTEMPTS TO JOIN WILL LIKELY JUST BE THE ATTEMPTS OF AN INDIVIDUAL STILL AT FULL STRENGTH TO ESCAPE. REMEMBER, FREE WILL IS A PART OF THE BODY IN THE SAME WAY AS A BONE. BOTH MAY BE CRACKED, BOTH MAY BE SNAPPED, BOTH MAY BE BROKEN BEYOND REPAIR, AND BOTH MAY BE CUT AS A WHOLE OUT OF THE BODY, ONCE AND FOR ALL.

I WILL UNFORTUNATELY BE ABSENT FOR A GREAT DEAL OF THE DAY, BUT I HAVE YET AN HOUR OF TIME. I SHALL SPEND THIS PONDERING HOW WE SHALL GO ABOUT THIS MISSION. IT IS FULLY ENCOURAGED TO GATHER INFORMATION ON OUR TARGET OR WRITE SUGGESTIONS OF STRATEGY BENEATH THIS SIGN.

ALL TO THE K.N.A.V.E.S PARTY, NONE TO THE SCUM!

-CLERGYMAN STATE

He then puts up a suggestion sheet and a sheet detailing extra (status) details-

IN THE EVENT THAT TWO MORE MEMBERS SHOULD BE INDUCTED, AN EXISTING MEMBER WILL BE UP FOR PROMOTION. LIKELY, THIS WILL BE SEDUCTIVO ILLUMINARIO RISING TO THE VERDUGO CLASS, AS SHE WAS THE ONE WHO SPURRED THE CREATION OF OUR GRAND ORGANIZATION IN THE FIRST PLACE. AFTER AN ADDITIONAL 5, INQUISITOR VERDICT WILL LIKELY RECIEVE THE SAME. DUE TO A PERCIEVED LEVEL OF DETACHMENT, I WILL LEAVE THE LAW IN HIS CURRENT RANK. I TRUST HIM FULLY, BUT I ALSO REALIZE HE HAS DUTIES OUTSIDE OF K.N.A.V.E.S. THE BLIND JUSTICE IS A VALUED MEMBER, BUT MORE OF AN EXTERIOR AGENT THAN ADVISORY STATUS, AND SO SHALL KEEP ITS RANK FOR NOW.

YOU HAVE BEEN ISSUED AT YOUR LEISURE:

SEDUCTIVO ILLUMINARIO-FULL ACCESS TO THE SCAR AND ALL ITS DEVICES, AND TWO TORTURADOR-CLASS NPCS FOR ASSISTANCE, AS WELL AS IMMEDIATE AUTHORITY OVER OTHER TORTURADOR-CLASS NPCS.

INQUISITOR VERDICT-ACCESS TO THE SCAR AS WELL, BUT I PERCIEVE YOU AS MORE OF AN OUTSIDE WORKER, WHILE ILLUMINARIO WILL SPEND MORE OF HER DUTIES WITHIIN THE SCAR ITSELF. YOU HAVE ACCESS TO ALL WEAPONS AND CARRYABLE TORTURE IMPLEMENTS WITHIN THE COMPOUND, AS WELL AS FOUR SOLDADO-CLASS NPCS.

THE LAW-YOU MAY CLAIM FOUR GUARDIA-CLASS NPCS, AS WELL AS ANY AMMUNITION WITHIN THE COMPOUND, AND WEAPONS THAT VERDICT HAS NOT CLAIMED. AS WELL, AN ARTESANO DIPLOMAT NPC SHOULD BE READY TO BAIL YOU OUT OF LEGAL SITUATIONS.

THE BLIND JUSTICE-I FIND IT HARD TO GIVE YOU ANYTHING THAT YOU CANNOT MAKE FOR YOURSELF. NEVERTHELESS, YOU STILL HOLD A SWAY OF AUTHORITY OVER THE LESSERS, AND MAY COMMAND SOLDADO, GUARDIA, AND TORTURADOR-CLASS NPCS WHILE WITHIN THE COMPOUND.

The gate clanks open, and he leaves the compound, accompanied by four soldado-class NPCs.

EDIT:

Two of those NPCs return with an unconcious man, and deposit him in a cell in the scar. They attempt to provide basic healing (they don't know if it works) and post a hastily written note to the effect of "Clergyman State says don't torture him."

The gates slam shut and the guards resume patrol shortly thereafter.

wxdruid
2007-03-25, 05:59 PM
Seductivo Illuminario comes upstairs, her hat firmly affixed to her red hair, the required symbol sewn onto her black dress. She reads the sign from Clergyman State and smirks. She makes the rounds of the castle and ensures the unconcious man is properly fed and taken care of (since it says don't torture him). She goes back down to the Scar and sets a dozen or so NPC's to cleaning the various implements to her specifications and checking closely on their work, practicing her skills on them if they are not fast enough or do a shoddy job.

Kyrian
2007-03-25, 06:26 PM
The Law wakes up, still holding the black coat. He tosses it aside with a scowl and the emblem appears on his jacket.

Rebonack
2007-03-25, 07:52 PM
The Blind Justice spent part of the evening in rest, part in corresponding with her masters, and part inspecting the compound. While she has been in Town for well over a month she has, unfortunately, gotten little time to herself. Rebonack, is, of course, to blame for this entirely.

With a quick adjustment of her wide-brimmed hat she steps out into courtyard. All castles have a courtyard, it's a rule.

The woman shifts her weight to one legs, planting a on her chin with the second on her elbow.

"Now then... How to spend my afternoon..." she hums to herself.

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 08:11 PM
Inquisitor Verdict hums as she idly tortures an NPC down in the Scar.

Nevrmore
2007-03-25, 08:30 PM
The dying man wakes up, suddenly looking around, his breath hard.

"Wh-wh-where am I?! Someone get me out of here!"

NecroPaladin
2007-03-25, 08:32 PM
((If I don't get to him in time, then it's up to one of the torturegirls to interrogate him. I just wanted to know what he was doing under my blast site.))

Rebonack
2007-03-25, 08:41 PM
The Blind Justice decides that if she is going to start hunting down criminals she'll need information on them. Fortunately enough she already has someone on the inside.

Her frame is suddenly consumed with sickly flame, leaving little more than a burnt spot on the flagstones.

Creepy

Nevrmore
2007-03-25, 08:43 PM
The man gets up and begins pounding on the bars of his cell,

"LET ME OUT! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!"

Rebonack
2007-03-25, 08:48 PM
A passing NPC Soldados spits on the man.

"Exactly. You didn't do your civic duty," he sneers. "Filthy non-voter."

Nevrmore
2007-03-25, 08:49 PM
"Vote?! What vote!? Someone help me! Please! I don't want to die!" He says, tears welling up in his eyes.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-25, 09:05 PM
((Be there in a sec...hold on))

Nevrmore
2007-03-25, 09:06 PM
The man does not cease to pound the bars, crying.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-25, 09:07 PM
State bursts through the gates, almost jumping with glee. The two NPCs with him quickly begin gathering supplies.

"CHANGE OF PLAN! CHANCE OF PLAN! I thought it couldn't be done, but I've set up the trap! Sure, the Police Station is indestructible-"

He breathes in anticipation despite being incapable of breath,

"-but not the ground around it! Our blast site should be accessible by the sewers, useful both for entry and escape, but with a little encouragement-"

He pantomimes throwing a bomb and takes an even longer and more energetic breath. If you didn't know better, you'd say that he was about to explode like the bomb he's insinuating,

"-We can send the whole Police Station crashing into the sewers!"

He drops back into his more fascist demeanor, and continues-

"Although the building will unfortunately survive the blast unscathed, and the inhabitants likewise, our opposition will certainly be more than a bit inconvenienced in having to use the sewers to move on the criminals in the area. If possible, we need someone to quickly smooth over the hole and keep the thing down there. From there, we can take over police duties. If we keep them at bay long enough, we will be the heroes. We will be the darling of the public! Where are the police force? Gone. Where are the police? Right here, with K.N.A.V.E.S."

He booms a maniacal laugh as he begins to contemplate the plan further, heading to the scar.

"What made you think that you could do that? Didn't you see the SIGN? He won't tell us ANYTHING if he's fearful for his LIFE!"

There is a cracking sound and the Soldados from earlier crashes down within eyeshot of the man in the cell. The Soldados is bloodied, and State is ready to bloody him further, but he realizes that would only scare the prisoner further.

"Get out of my sight," He growls, and the soldier stumbles off.

Suddenly courteous rather than brutal, Clergyman State opens the cell door and leaves it open, stepping into the cell and sitting opposite the man. Although he is outwardly peaceful, and the open door may seem a gift, his posture is clear. Make a move for it now and you're dead. Make a move for it once we talk, and maybe you live. His menacing baton-twirling counteracting his pleasant tone, he begins,

"I'm sorry. Some members of our group can be so very extremist at times. Don't worry, we're actually quite friendly as a whole." A few Soldados NPCs block the view of the rest of The Scar on cue.

"See, I found you rotting in the sewers. And although the only available room we had was a cell, we decided that it was better to bring you here than to let you die." He begins to twirl the baton counterclockwise now.

"All I want to know is what horrible thing had thrown you down there in the first place." State selectively leaves out the 'so I can harness it for myself,' instead lying, "So we can bring it to justice."

Nevrmore
2007-03-25, 09:21 PM
The man bangs his head against the bars, trying to wake himself up incase he's just dreaming.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-25, 09:25 PM
((Yeah, I have to admit a priest in a kaiser helm and metal mask does seem dream-like.))

State yanks him back down and quickly tries to act concerned. His "Stop, you'll hurt yourself!" sounds more as if he's reffering to a possesion than a person.

Nevrmore
2007-03-25, 09:27 PM
"Wh-wh-what do you want from me? I just want to go home!" The man cries.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-25, 09:29 PM
"Well if you tell us where home is I'll escort you there, but first I'd like to at least know who you are." State plants his face in his free hand.

Nevrmore
2007-03-25, 09:32 PM
"Ar-Ar-Arrostos.." The man finally manages to choke out.

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 09:34 PM
Inquisitor Verdict comes over.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/sjunderw/Aesainquisitorverdict.png
Need help getting any answers, Clergyman State?

NecroPaladin
2007-03-25, 09:34 PM
"And what happened down there? I heard something about faith and then it all went to hell."
If the man had seen Namesake earlier, this is his chance to recognize him.
"Faith goes to hell. It appears I made a joke. Ha."
State laughs humorlessly.
"Good eve, Verdict," he says without turning.
"And no, this man has done nothing wrong unless fear is illegal."

Nevrmore
2007-03-25, 09:39 PM
"I..I...I WAS SENT THERE TO DIE!" Arrostos finally spits out, curling into a ball.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-25, 09:40 PM
State is surprised by this little twist, and a little taken off guard. He had figured that he transported the man to a more dangerous situation, not a safer one.

"You...what?"

Nevrmore
2007-03-25, 09:43 PM
Arrostos cries for awhile before he can muster up the ability to speak again.

"They said it was my duty...Father said it would help the Church...I was supposed to find anyone hiding in the sewers and then I would...I would..."

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 09:43 PM
Inquisitor Verdict raises an eyebrow.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-25, 09:45 PM
"Admit your sins to them? Live with them?

...Kill them?

Speak up!"

Clergyman State stands and drops his baton. This would be an interesting church to learn about.

Nevrmore
2007-03-25, 09:47 PM
It is apparent from Arrostos' rolled up position that something is growing out of the back of his neck.

"F-F-Father said it would be painless...He said I would just...pop...I would just cease to be and that....that my children...the spores would go on to bring other people to us...He...He..." Arrostos breaks down into tears again.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-25, 09:52 PM
Clergyman State's eyes bulge at the image of taking on anything coming from a spore again and quickly drops his mask and helm for better visibility. He is beyond caring about hiding his undeath as he turns and barks his first real order to a named one within the organization.

"Inquisitor Verdict. Scry me any information on whatever that...that..."

He spits, out, audibly disgusted,

"THING is. If it is as I fear, we'll need to remove and incinerate it.

Immediately."

He begins the words a spell to temporarily freeze Arrostos, unsure of how much time he has and not wanting to gamble. At least The Scar has plenty of knives.

Nevrmore
2007-03-25, 09:53 PM
"NO!!!" Arrostos screams, jumping up, "No! You can't! If you remove it, I'll--! Father will...will!!"

NecroPaladin
2007-03-25, 09:56 PM
"-Kill you?" Arrostos is greeted by an angry undead, a skull with meat stretched across, no lips, ears and nose present. White lights burn in narrow, empty sockets.

"The tell me how that 'gift' that he gave you won't!"

((Note that Namesake knows little or nothing about the Church of the Seed))

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 09:57 PM
Aesa hums and begins scribing a few scryings.

Nevrmore
2007-03-25, 10:01 PM
"Please...just...I just want to go home..."

NecroPaladin
2007-03-25, 10:03 PM
"Isn't home where they want you to DIE?" The hideous undead face grimaces, orating as a tyrant would.

((Note: Is this whole 'I want to go back' thing the influence of the seed or his true beliefs? Because it seems kinda dumb to want to go back to an executioner.))

Nevrmore
2007-03-25, 10:04 PM
((He means his actual house, not the church))

"I...I must be dead...The plant must have killed me and now I'm in Hell..." Arrostos mumbles to himself.

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 10:06 PM
Aesa pops up three scryings in the lobby, the purification chamber, and Lues's room.
((Just randomly thought of the first three rooms I knew of. Your call what she sees))

Nevrmore
2007-03-25, 10:08 PM
In the lobby there are eight unnamed acolytes, two guarding each separate door in the Church. In Lues' room, Mneme, the dryad is sleeping peacefully. There is no one in the Purification Room, except for two more acolytes guarding the door.

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 10:11 PM
Aesa creates another scrying in the lobby and begins searching for anything interesting, moving it about the church.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-25, 10:12 PM
((
"...It's for your own good."Do note that this comes into conflict directly with State, who believes what he does is for one's own good. Lues and he would make good enemies. That said,))

With a twitch of his hand, State freezes the man solid, turns him over, and, frequently magically healing the incisions he makes, goes to work on removing what he does not yet know is a seed (he thinks it's related to the nasty bugs that attacked him, although the "plant" comment intrigued him).

"You pathetic creature. You'll only see hell if that thing kills you. I'm saving your soul despite your unwillingness to be saved."

He grins in a most sadistic manner for a second,

"After all, suicide is killing. Killing is a crime. And criminals need to be punished."

He goes back to his work, grimacing again.

"But since this is indirect suicide, and since it's a first offense, this time I'll let you go. For now I'll just confiscate whatever it is you're carrying...including inside of you."

Nevrmore
2007-03-25, 10:13 PM
There is utterly nothing of interest in the lobby of the church.

State, however, finds something interesting in the plants.

Namely, they are exploding in his face as he plucks them out of Arrostos' neck.

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 10:14 PM
Aesa moves her scrying out of the lobby, as was stated in the edit, and looks around the rest of the church.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-25, 10:17 PM
"Grrrrhhh!" State yells, almost loud enough to bring Aesa back.

He grabs his helmet and mask, puts them on, and goes back to work in a fervor. Due to the wounds, the otherwise simple and pleasant mask appears to be crying arsenic.

"Gods help me I will send these seeds back to hell without you, monster!" (He actually thinks he's in the right)

As he yells, the wounds open more, causing the mask to drool Namesake's 'blood' even as it cries.

Rebonack
2007-03-25, 10:32 PM
A sickly sea-green inferno suddenly flares to life once more in the courtyard, licking at the stones as ethereal flames are often want to do. Gradually the tongues of fire die back, revealing The Blind Justice standing in the middle of a second burnt spot on the flags.

She adjusts her wide-brimmed hat and glances about, spotting an NPC who had noticed her depart in like manor several hours prior.

"Tell me, where is our esteemed Clergymen State?" she coos at the man as she approaches.

He becomes quite visibly unnerved, having seen the bizarre creature shape-shifting the night before.

"He's... eer, in the Scar, Ma'am," he finally manages to stammer out.

The left edge of her mouth perks ever so slightly as she turns on her heels and heads off to find the corpse of a blackguard.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-25, 10:40 PM
State, realizing how dangerously close he is to the brain, reads a scroll and puts the man in a temporary death-like stasis before continuing. He's reached fanatic mode.

((It's up to Nevrmore whether Arrostos comes out of this in one piece or not; I'm assuming he'll finish the description of the operation.

...Oog. Dead Time begins its onset yet again.))

Rebonack
2007-03-25, 11:00 PM
The shape-shifting body snatcher reads over the recently posted announcement regarding the eventual re-location of the police stating with a sense of smug satisfaction. Having the police out of the way would certainly make life easier for certain... sections of the population. Let their hopes run high and the ambitions grow, only to be quashed by the pleasant little club she has joined.

Blind Justice continues into the Scar, nodding approvingly at this and that instrument of torment. While such things certainly aren't her specialty she can appreciate their use.

The Keelak approaches the cell wherein the impromptu brain surgery has begun.

"Clergymen State," she addresses him formally. "I have gathered what information I can on criminals recently released after their paltry sentences have been served. They're... removal can begin at any time."

She pauses for a moment, glancing over his 'work'.

"Might I ask when we plan to sink the station?"

Nevrmore
2007-03-25, 11:04 PM
The Assimilation Hall is also empty.

In the Congregation, there is barely any room left. People have resorted to sitting on the floor as Father Lues talks nonstop about redemption and people's inner trees.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-25, 11:06 PM
He turns around, his mask still dripping malevolently.

"It's going to be a bit harder to break in than I thought. So we're just going to 'break' for now, without the 'in.' The 'in' happens later. I'd say the 'break' happens-"

-another seed explodes, ricocheting with a *ding* off his mask-

"-when I know what it is exactly I'm dealing with here, and possibly make sure I never have to deal with it again."

He tilts his head back and continues,

"Though I suppose you could begin the operation yourself if you have someone to seal the hole on such short notice."

"Damnable HELL!" he exclaims, as a bit of discolored fluid spatters onto his hands. He quickly motions another healing spell.

((Nevrmore, I'm still counting on you to decide how this tense moment ends, although granted if he dies I might ressurect him for character's sake. Gotta go in about 20.))

Nevrmore
2007-03-25, 11:08 PM
Arrostos' spine is now clearly visible through his neck, the flesh all but ripped away.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-25, 11:10 PM
((Gruesome. And the plants?))

Namesake steps back for a moment, inhaling raggedly through his rotted lungs. His eyes glow bright white.

"I'm going to FORCE you to live, cretin!"

Channeling positive and negative energy with each hand respectively, he does his best to kill all within, and then to repair the body.

J_Muller
2007-03-25, 11:18 PM
((Not to unduly interrupt a running plotline here, but...

From the OP, I come to understand that the K.N.A.V.E.S. are a group of super-fanatical vigilantes. Am I right? This looks very interesting, enough so that I am considering creating a new character for this...))

NecroPaladin
2007-03-25, 11:22 PM
((Yes. We started targeting non-voters at first but now we face all criminals or governmental detractors, and, if you look back a bit, we're plotting to forcefully replace the police. Basically, except for the Guardias branch, the theme is vigilantism to the point of becoming a villain yourself. Guardias are still overall good or neutral. Then we have the Torturadores branch, who likely never were good in the first place.

Alignment wise, it's most appropriate to put in mind that everyone but the Torturadores-branch tend to be Lawful (after all, Chaotic evil fits well, too) and everyone but the Guardias-branch tend to be evil))

((EDIT: I figure soon enough we'll be putting the Church of the Seed in our priorities, though. (>:P) ))

BLARG! Namesake be not far from Dead-Time-ed!

And now he frozed. In mid-operation. Ka-Pwned. Goobu Nite.

Nevrmore
2007-03-26, 02:59 AM
((Hmmm....Nomos actually sounds pretty good for this place...))

NecroPaladin
2007-03-26, 08:36 AM
((Ew. Have to work. State's gonna be frozen for a while.))

Nevrmore
2007-03-26, 03:40 PM
The roots and plant itself are very stubborn, but soon enough, they are all gone. Arrostos lays in stasis.

Rebonack
2007-03-26, 06:03 PM
The Blind Justice considers the grizzly 'surgery' in silence until its completion.

"I will gather what information I can on this poor wretch's cult and return here with what I find," she bows tersely and then takes to the streets.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-26, 06:26 PM
State tries one final attempt at healing up the wound, closing and reconnecting all that he can, and prepares for the moment of truth.

I'm afraid this transaction may have already drained your soul. May the gods be merciful, for I wish to return you to your family healthy, not dead. And what guilt would I have if I let myself return you dying?"

He looks up absently, then back again. He removes his mask and helm to utter the final words.

"Wake."

Nevrmore
2007-03-26, 06:28 PM
Arrostos' body regains its natural color...

Then slowly fades to a dull peach.

He is dead.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-26, 07:15 PM
Namesake's jagged fists clutch at the corpse, then weaken, soften, and fall to his sides. His undead face freezes in place, caught in a rictus of dismay and despair. He stands wordlessly, his empty eyes freely dripping black fluid.

I died just like this. It was painless, calm. I saw light. I saw the light. I saw the white light, with my vision, with my eyes. Vision in my eyes. And I left, and there was bliss.

The white light fills his eyes again. And doesn't stop. His face contorts into a semblance of humanity, and then slowly pulls up, into a joyless smile. His jagged mouth stretches beyond its normal limits, his muscles clench and pop, and his eyes narrow, still spilling light. His mind continues to speak to him even as he breaks into hideous, childish laughter:

And they tore me back. I know them not, them are they, they are they. No names, nothing to go by. No namesake, No Namesake. I have none as well, we have neither together. Blood-Brothers who share no blood but a poison, silver tongued siblings with no heart between them. Mine is broken, they use theirs not. As a corpse does not, one that was pulled back from the eye, staring into the light but never going, never following. Not until my brothers die, I go into the light and know I have brought all of them home. Family reunited, once more forever. I am proud of myself like a child again.

But is the light my home?

Or is hell?

Or is the hell in which I stand, both or neither?

All a trick of the eye?

Trick of the light?

Or maybe hell is mine, no matter who I love?

Who I save?

Brother?

His broken, lipless teeth crack in his jaws, and he lowers his jaw with as much apparent stress as if he were lowering the world itself. Face still caught in a beaming smile, he laughs gaily and cries out,

"Beloved Brother, you have been saved! But what of your elder?"

The white light dims, and he, suddenly self-concious, stops the flow of preservative drooling out of his mouth. He slowly, stiffly grabs his mask and places it back on his face. There seems to be the distinct feeling of a wild beast being locked in its cage, but he does not appear to notice. Clergyman State is at the reigns again, and he will control this beastly mount.

As he prepares the final two spells over the corpse, he considers the three things that are necessary.

Forgiveness

Repentance

Revenge.

He turns the corpse over reverently, and stares it in the face. He wordlessly casts his first spell, a traditional ward against the horrors of undeath. And then he prepares his second.

"Tell me. Tell me, Arrostos. Tell me all. Tell me all so I may set things right. So everything may be right for me, and for you, Arrostos. For you, brother.

Where is our- your family?

Are they in danger?

If so, then from whom?"

((I know it's REALLY lengthy, but I figured this a better time than any to let a little depth into Namesake's background. His profile has the spoilers, but there's no fun in that.

On a seperate note, I always wanted to RP someone snapping. I have a little real-world experience to blame for that.))

Goblin Music
2007-03-26, 07:57 PM
A figure made out of bat like shadows enters the K.N.A.V.E.S Headquarters

NecroPaladin
2007-03-26, 08:01 PM
((Sorry bout the dead time but I'm still waiting for the answers before Namesake can move again.))

Nevrmore
2007-03-26, 09:14 PM
((Question 1: Some made up address

Question 2: No))

NecroPaladin
2007-03-26, 09:56 PM
State places a note on the body and details for a few confused NPC Soldados to take him away. As he marches out of the keep just as he always does, regardless of situation, the Soldados pull just ahead of him on their little run. It is as they exit that State notices the bat figure.

There is no Namesake as State sneers,

"Oh. And who are you?"

He has a condemning tone as he continues,

"I apologize, but I am in no mood for a fight, so if this is some form of retaliation I'm prepared to kill you without sport."

Rebonack
2007-03-26, 10:20 PM
A mental response echoes back to State.

Do not concern yourself, my good Clergyman. I can see the vile growths throbbing in their necks from where I stand. Should any be planted in my host body it will do me no true harm. Building a new puppet of flesh is an easy task for The Blind Justice.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-26, 10:59 PM
Namesake shall do the above when Dead Time loses Goblin Music. Until then, it's setup time for Big Bang mk. 2.

State orders a few saboteurs to come with him and utters a spell. A great undead horse, wreathed in the gears and cogs of extraplanar law, blasts out of the keep's stables and he grabs on as it gallops through the entrance. Namesake's emotions for the boy in the cell seem to have all but dissapeared.

"Alright men, it's time we stopped all this cult nonsense...and focus on helping OURSELVES!"

After a small cheer, He charges off, with about a dozen armed and explosive-carrying men in full pursuit.

Goblin Music
2007-03-26, 11:01 PM
WEEEEEE a random NPC runs around the headquarters nude then explodes

NecroPaladin
2007-03-26, 11:03 PM
An NPC Soldados decides the long hours are too much on him, blinks a bit, rubs his eyes, and quits.

Nevrmore
2007-03-26, 11:04 PM
A robot in a dark blue cloak suddenly appears in the building.

"What is this place?"

Goblin Music
2007-03-26, 11:05 PM
the shadowy figure moves forward.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-26, 11:15 PM
((Sorry but I gots to goes soon. So you both get recruited by another K.N.A.V.E or wait for tommorow.))

Goblin Music
2007-03-26, 11:20 PM
The shadowy figure steps out of the shadows and forms Dall
------
a small amount of air collapses on itself and sylk stands where the air was

Goblin Music
2007-03-27, 12:09 AM
Dall shifts to an illusion

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-27, 07:36 AM
A small, skinny man walks up to the K.N.A.V.E.S Headquarters. Accompaning him are six large metal humanoids, each armed with a dangerous looking weapon. The man taps his foot, whistles and waits and waits, for as long as he has to.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-27, 08:37 AM
((I'm in for a work day. Again, either someone else meets you or you just wait till the afternoon))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-27, 01:28 PM
The man groans. "Bah! If I am not answered soon I will be forced to leave and deal with The Wampus." He taps his foot impatiently.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-27, 06:16 PM
State arrives back at headquarters with a contingent of soldiers, having used the sewers to access The Scar. As he walks out into the courtyard, he notices his company. He is entirely focused on K.N.A.V.E.S' goals now, having pushed Namesake's vendetta to the back of his head.

"Aha! Visitors! And what brings you to this humble organization?"

Nevrmore
2007-03-27, 06:16 PM
Nomos' eyes slowly turn red, but he abstains from his judicator mode for just a moment.

"What are you?"

NecroPaladin
2007-03-27, 06:20 PM
"A host to a few guests, that is all. My nature is not of your concern. And what, may I ask, are you?"

State bows, halfway between mocking and sincere.

Nevrmore
2007-03-27, 06:21 PM
"I am Nomos, the judge of all things natural in this world."

NecroPaladin
2007-03-27, 06:23 PM
"A judge is always welcome within our ranks, assuming that is what you are here for. After all, we've done nothing wrong. The law keeps us in the right."

He leads Nomos in, and gestures for the other two to make themselves at home within the castle grounds as they talk.

Nevrmore
2007-03-27, 06:27 PM
"I am...unsure if I should trust you. You are unnatural." Nomos' voice, though robotic, shows how unsure he is. Ever since that meeting with Inari, he has been very unsure of himself.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-27, 06:30 PM
"Trust is not an issue. We all share the same goals. If our goals were left to naught, then I wouldn't likely have a valkyrie and a shapeshifting abberant monster working side by side. But we know what is required, and we know our place. I found my place only recently."

He twitches and his eyes flash white then dim.

"How did you find us?"

Nevrmore
2007-03-27, 06:42 PM
"My satellite pin-pointed this as a location of various unnatural lifeforms."

NecroPaladin
2007-03-27, 06:45 PM
"The law works in unnatural ways. And I wouldn't call myself a life-form, in all honesty. Is there anything else I can do you for?"

State begins flipping his baton absentmindedly.

Nevrmore
2007-03-27, 06:47 PM
((Aww, I thought he'd be all like "JOO HAZ A SATTELITE?!"))

Nomos is about to walk out the door before stopping.

"The laws are unnatural....You mean...The Town police force?"

NecroPaladin
2007-03-27, 06:57 PM
((He doesn't question things he doesn't know. He assumes Nomos just has some kind of exotic scrying device called a "sat-el-liet," like it was elven or something.))

"The only thing that is unnatural about the Police here is their methods. They don't know how to punish, and criminals go back to what they always do. Look at that man "Adder." He was apprehended for violence. He's out now, and I'd assume he's continuing where he left off. Should I catch him perpetrating such an act, I would be sure to prevent all future crimes."

State chuckles in a sociable yet humorless manner.

"But that's just me. My opinions are considered unnatural by them, so who am I to judge?"
He puts emphasis on the last syllable, without much subtlety.

Nevrmore
2007-03-27, 06:59 PM
"The police force..Must be replaced. Forcefully."

NecroPaladin
2007-03-27, 07:04 PM
"Agreed. It's one great revolution, as a wheel and as an action. And we are on the other side of both. The right side of both. And how would you contribute, our unnatural Judge Nomos?"
State appears... less bored.

Nevrmore
2007-03-27, 07:05 PM
"Everything I can."

NecroPaladin
2007-03-27, 07:13 PM
State hands him the usual forms. "Then fill these in...another member and I'll be making my first promotion. Do read the fine print, it's not like you can just do whatever you want."

State then folds his arms behind his back, looking quite satisfied and quite full of himself.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-28, 11:56 AM
The small man turns up again, accompanied with six of his "creations" again. "I wonder if I will be served quick enough this time..."

AmberVael
2007-03-28, 11:58 AM
Inquisitor Verdict poofs into existance.
I take it that State has been lax in his duties as our chief, hm?
What are you here for?

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-28, 12:03 PM
Random smirks. "Well I certainly didn't expect you to answer. And I would've thought my reason for being here is obvious...I wish to join." He turns away and shudders. Inquisitor Verdict has clearly angered him in some way.

AmberVael
2007-03-28, 12:06 PM
I see.
Inquisitor Verdict, AKA Aesa, opens the gates and motions for him to come inside.
You know what the organization is about, I take it?
She holds out a sheaf of papers for him to fill out, namely ones that ask for details of his abilities, his prefered job, and his real and organization names.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-28, 12:10 PM
Random groans at the sight of the paperwork. "Dammit, I hate that stuff. And yes I understand what the organisation is about. My creations in the sewers have spotted State several times attempting to sabotage the police station." He flicks through the paperwork. "Hmm. This is gonna take some time. Give me a minute."

AmberVael
2007-03-28, 12:12 PM
((Its basically the stuff on the first page. Pick a job, a name, and of course, a hat.
But I have to run to my last class for the day, so be back in about an hour))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-28, 12:13 PM
((O.K. I knew about the stuff on the first page but since my character sucks at combat and all I'm just trying to figure out which position best suits him.))

Goblin Music
2007-03-28, 12:23 PM
Sylk steps out of the shadow and so does Dall

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-28, 01:12 PM
Random begins filling things in. "I think Papeles Especializados would be ideal for me...Ah, but a name...Well...How about...Um...Professor Affadavit? ((An Affadavit is a charge against an individual who must then prove their innocence.))"As for a hat, a simple black helmet will suffice. Additionally my creations, I think, could be useful, especially if they had the rank of Soldados." At this point Random bursts into laughter at the thought of his "creations" wearing the uniform. "After all, my creations can probably help people see the right way."

Nevrmore
2007-03-28, 04:14 PM
((I was thinking, and I don't really want Nomos for this, so I dug around some old character bios I made awhile ago and found a character who is absolutely perfect as a torturer/executioner.))

The sound outside is monotonous.

Scrape. Thump. Scrape. Thump. Scrape. Thump. Over and over, steadily growing louder. Finally, before the sound is almost deafening, it stops. A figure strides inside. Before one notices him, however, they might notice how some sort of giant beast seems to completely cover the width and height of the door, shielding anything from the outside filtering in.

The man who walks inside does not look very ordinary at all - His skin is pale and yellow, as if he has contracted a severe case of jaundice. His figure is emaciated, allowing his clothes to hang quite loosely off of his body. His eyes and the sides of his mouth are sticthed shut - it is a wonder if and how he can use the two senses they provide at all. In his hand he carries a Bardiche of some sort, the staff shaped like a cross with the rectangular blade jutting out from the arms and raising to the tip of the wood.

"What have we here?"

NecroPaladin
2007-03-28, 05:53 PM
"A pity the metal man did not want to join, but...

Oh my. It appears to be a giant rag doll. Don't you normally have buttons to cover those stitches?"

State speaks sarcastically, but is obviously impressed. He reverses the direction of his baton behind his back, twirling it the other way.

"I jest. Who or what am I speaking to?"

He notes Sylk and Dall.

"Verdict, could you speak to those two if I don't get to it? This one looks to be of more immediate interests."

((Note: She may not be super active, but Arha was automatically the first promotion due to that she spurred me into creating K.N.A.V.E.S. After that, promotions are up for grabs.))

Nevrmore
2007-03-28, 06:14 PM
The man's mouth begins curling in some strange form. Assumingly, he is trying to smile, although the stiches make it a hard art for him to master.

"I am Crucius, and you?"

NecroPaladin
2007-03-28, 06:18 PM
"I once had only a Namesake. Now I have seen the light. I am Clergyman State. And assuming that your intentions here are not to have a calm and delightful brunch in the castle garden, then let us converse."

He does the usual usher in and motion for those outside waiting for recruiting to walk into the courtyard thing.

"What exactly are you, and what draws you here, of all places?"

Nevrmore
2007-03-28, 06:26 PM
A hollow noise comes out of Crucius' throat. State might not know it, but it is his best attempt at laughter.

"Oh, if only I could count all the people who asked that question. If you excuse me waxing philosophical for the moment, I do enjoy being known as he who twists flesh, warps beauty, rends asunder the minds and bodies of the unworthy...Am I a sadist? Yes, by your definition, but I am also something more than that. I'd like to think of myself as an instrument of punishment."

wxdruid
2007-03-28, 06:42 PM
Seductivo Illuminario (Arha) finds Clergyman State and stands next to him, curious what Crucius has to say.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-28, 06:54 PM
State puts a clammy hand on Arha's shoulder, more as a brief acknowledgement of her worth than as any friendly sociable gesture.

"Well then, it appears that you have attracted the attention of our resident mistress of The Scar. Should you wish to become a torturer within our ranks, she would be the first person you should answer to." ((I'm sorry Aesa, but yes, for now she does outrank you.))

State removes his hand and staightens to grim attention.

"Sometimes I wonder if Illuminario knows my own dungeons better than I do. I rarely pay attention to them save the grizzly reports I recieve from her and Inquisitor Verdict. So you will be joining, I assume?"

He seemingly pulls forms out of nowhere, handing the monster a fragile-looking red featherpen.

wxdruid
2007-03-28, 06:58 PM
Seductivo Illuminario looks over the new recruit with a practiced eye.

Kyrian
2007-03-28, 06:59 PM
The Law enters and heads to some random area he is allowed in.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-28, 07:01 PM
State casually salutes The Law and then goes back to the big "Rag Doll."

Goblin Music
2007-03-28, 07:41 PM
*dead time falls of Dall and Sylk*

NecroPaladin
2007-03-28, 08:51 PM
*Dead time tumbles off of those two*

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

*Deadtimed*

Nevrmore
2007-03-28, 11:39 PM
Crucius looks over the forms, filling out where appropriate.

"Hmm...A title, huh? How about Magister Terrorem?"

NecroPaladin
2007-03-28, 11:43 PM
State raises an eyebrow, or rather where one used to be.

"It suits you, rag doll Crucius. I'm assuming that the 'Magister' is the one pertaining to the government? Because Terror isn't normally associated with authority. Yet. We'll change that soon enough."

He flips his baton, reversing directions every few flips, as he marches back to the keep.

"Pick a hat and get yourself situated with The Scar, Magister. It should be a familiar setting for one such as yourself."

Nevrmore
2007-03-28, 11:46 PM
((Magister = Master
Terrorem does mean Terror, but I took it from the legal term "In Terrorem", "In order to frighten", used to describe a warning to try and scare someone from filing charges.))

'Magister Terrorem' strokes his chin, "Hmmm..I never was a hat person..."

NecroPaladin
2007-03-28, 11:48 PM
"You could take my suggestion and put buttons on your eyes."
State says. Apparently he loves this little comparison, possibly because generally rag dolls don't murder people. And he finds that positively giggly.

Nevrmore
2007-03-28, 11:52 PM
"And you could stuff maggots in yours." The Magister replies. After a while, he picks out what appears to be a military peak cap, although it is frayed and ratty by now. "This will do."

NecroPaladin
2007-03-29, 12:03 AM
"Point taken. A fine cap despite its age."

State retires to his room, where dead time strikes.

Rebonack
2007-03-29, 12:12 AM
((Does he adjust it!?!?!))

Nevrmore
2007-03-29, 12:13 AM
((Nah, he isn't as self-conscious as Hawk.))

The Magister sets the cap on his head, "So I guess I have to wait for a uniform or something."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-29, 07:09 AM
Two of Proffesor Affadavit's "creations" march in and begin looking through the armoury. ((Since the "creations" are all of Soldados rank do they need a name within the organisation? If so they are refered to collectively as "The Jury"))

AmberVael
2007-03-29, 08:20 AM
Inquisitor Verdict gets bored and flies off to actually do something.

Goblin Music
2007-03-29, 08:53 AM
(Gaa when i am on there is no one to talk to)
*dead time falls Dall and Sylk again*

NecroPaladin
2007-03-29, 05:49 PM
"No uniform in my armory would fit your frame. Just wear the crest somewhere evident and that's about as far as you can go." State looks up from an outdoor planning table, at which he is seated. There are little sculptures of various members of the town population which he seems to be pitting against one another on the table, lost in strategy.

Nevrmore
2007-03-29, 06:15 PM
"Aww, come on, they sure do look spiffy." Crucius replies with obvious sarcasm, although he did like the way the uniforms look.

The Geomancer
2007-03-29, 06:57 PM
A very large green shape can be seen walking up to the castle. As it approaches it is apparent that it is Crocodillian in nature. Its gait is erratic, sometimes going on its hindlegs, sometimes leaning over and using its fists to walk with as well. When it approaches the castle gate it reaches up and knocks with his knuckles. The resulting sound can be heard all throughout the castle.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-29, 07:12 PM
((I will greet you but I have to dead-time in the indefinite future for about an hour of work. So don't wait up if I just stop replying.))

"Truly, the flow of recruits does not end. If it were not so beneficial, it would be a nuisance!"
State stands from his strategy table, having just sent a little model of Maph'Tey flying off with his pinky.

The clockwork gates grind and groan into motion. The crocodile-like humanoid sees State in parts as the portcullis passes, until they are standing face to face.

"We attract quite the odd lot, don't we? And what, perchance, is your name?"

The Geomancer
2007-03-29, 07:28 PM
My name is Tom, friend. I was wondering if I could join your little group.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-29, 07:33 PM
"Well, if anything you are certainly direct. Pardon me, but you don't exactly look the, well, governmental type."
He postures himself indignantly, sizing the crocodile up.

"Or the kind that can talk."

He stands at attention again.

"But don't let me put you off. I'm just the judgemental type, pardon the joke (State doesn't even smile). You are free to prove my opinions wrong through a job or two well done."

The Geomancer
2007-03-29, 07:43 PM
Well it seems to me, that for a government to work its got to make people afraid of breaking the law. And for that its got to have enforcers of the law who are truly terrifying. He pauses, And from what I can tell, I am truly terrifying. This is a very true statement. Standing on his hindlegs he is about 6'5". His arms are long and noted with muscles and reach down to his knees. He is covered his a hide thicker then leather. Then there are his jaws and teeth, they could have whole paragraphs of scary sounding adjectives written about them.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-29, 08:50 PM
"Easy enough decision. Unless you have an inexplicable aversion to killing, you'll go into Soldado rank."

State does the usual inexplicable forms-out-of-nowhere-and-feather-pen bit.

"If there's anything we can give in return for your services besides pay, it's a new wardrobe. And by new, I mean 'any.' We pride ourselves on censorship and decency, as there are plenty of enforcable laws about that...you're certainly humanoid enough to allow for incriminating loopholes."

What State probably means, in short, is that K.N.A.V.E.S isn't known for opressing the lawless buck naked. He hands Tom the pen.

"Assuming you can write, sign your K.N.A.V.E name here." He sneers, half-condescendingly and half-dutifully. It's a very prove that you're worth it kind of look. State, go figure, isn't the kind of guy who stays modest through the title of 'Dictador.'

The Geomancer
2007-03-29, 09:07 PM
Tom knows an insult when he hears it, and growls in a low and menacing tone. Then he leans over and carefully takes the pen. Then very slowly and carefully, so as not to snap the pen in half. His writing, despite the slowness is incredibly neat. As for an outfit he picks out a black cloak and some loose fitting (to be loose fitting on him they must have been designed for a small giant) plain cloth garments for the rest of his body. When he goes to pick out a hat, however there doesn't seem to be one that fits his unique head shape. Then he returns to the paperwork, which he had finished except for the his K.N.A.V.E name. Not being a very creative being, this part seems to have stumped him. And since his player is dead tired and retiring early it seems that the problem will stump him for a very long time.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-29, 09:16 PM
State has a share of 'dumb' jokes ready at the lack of a name, despite that neat handwriting generally doesn't designate one as a barbarian. Opening his mouth, he stops himself, realizing that even with his soldiers it would probably be bad news for his insurance if he spurred this thing into violence. Rather, he just lets Tom think a bit, looks for Sylk and Dall ("Where do those two keep dissapearing to?"), and decides to wander around town a bit. He does not revert back to Namesake to do so...Namesake's personality seems all but quashed after the incident with Arrostos.

Goblin Music
2007-03-29, 10:00 PM
the dead time falls of Dall and Sylk

NecroPaladin
2007-03-29, 10:01 PM
((All RIGHT then, I haven't been able to talk to you guys yet...State'll be back in a jiffy))

((EDIT: Look down))

Goblin Music
2007-03-29, 10:13 PM
Dall steps forward

Rebonack
2007-03-29, 10:23 PM
An absolutely unsolicited burst of sickly flame in the courtyard announces the entrance of The Blind Justice. Much to the relief of the NPCs she's currently clad in frail human flesh rather than the more than slightly creepy natural form.

After adjust her not-peak cap she marches off to find State.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-29, 10:25 PM
State arrives back at HQ, carrying extra rations for the castle storehouse. One cannot tell for sure due to his hideous voice, but it would seem that he's singing.

"Whence upon my firey youth,
I'd be adamant to face the Laws
I lacked no passion, so uncouth
but 'twould seem clutching at straws

My purpose was to fight the State
but my quarrel met with Gods
So at The Scar beyond The Gate
I met my Fate like other sods

My bruises black as tone did pale
my skin a deathly white
And in my coffin every nail
Was pounded in the Right.

My grave has yet remained sans words
A Namesake t'will require,

O, I was a fool who met his lords
by irking those knaves' ire!"

((Feel free to applaud, but note that he generally only sings to himself and so gets uncomfortable talking about it. And yes, he's always this morbid.))

He notices Sylk and Dall, and loses his sadistically cheery mood.

"Oi then, you're the two who keep coming back but never stay! If you're looking to be part of something larger than yourselves, you shall have to speak up! Otherwise you might as well be spies."

He passes the two, glaring suspiciously, and hands out rations to the soldiers. He then returns to the gate and confronts the two, baton drawn.

"Well? Be you mutes? Speak!"

Goblin Music
2007-03-29, 10:28 PM
Sir Yes Sir! we be hearty men, er, Elfs they say in unison.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-29, 10:31 PM
"You make up for your irritating demeanor with your eagerness. But I still have no names."

He scowls sourly and wonders absently in the back of his skull if anyone of a more judgemental manner heard his incriminating lines of verse.

Goblin Music
2007-03-29, 10:33 PM
Sylk Sir!
Dall Sir

Rebonack
2007-03-29, 10:35 PM
By this time the smartly dressed woman comes upon the gathering of... new recruits perhaps? One can never tell in this chaotic place. She scrutinizes the elf from a distance, idly wondering what such a person could hope to add to their... illustrious organization.

She settles on simply waiting for the elf to be signed in or tossed headlong into the Scar.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-29, 10:36 PM
"And I suppose that you're looking for employment. Well, tell me why I should not simply walk back through this gate and leave you in the streets. Surely there's some useful prowess you intend to dedicate to K.N.A.V.E.S, rather than just loitering, yes?"

State leans over expectantly.

One can never tell in this chaotic place.

((Sadly, considering the whole Lawful Evil motif. Once the recruiting fervor's died down and a few terrorist acts have been pulled off maybe we can organize.))

Goblin Music
2007-03-29, 10:41 PM
I can control most fire and cast mid-level spells answers Sylk
-------
Warlock, i can make a very good spy, a very stealthy assassin, or a powerful fighter. answers Dall

Rebonack
2007-03-29, 10:53 PM
((It was actually referring to the Town in general, but what have you.))

The woman gives a rather bemused smirk in response to the 'stealthy assassin' comment, but adds nothing to the conversation.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-29, 10:57 PM
Namesake looks over the two youthful recruits. Eventually, he decides what to do with them.

He points at Dall.

"You will fill out scouting duties in the case that The Blind Justice cannot, and will act under her command unless a contradictory order comes from me. ((He hasn't noticed her/it yet (after all, she's stealthy!), and thus isn't thinking about her immediate input on this apprenticeship))In terms of operations work, I doubt you're quite the model soldier for some of the more vicious fights around, so rather I'll station you as a saboteur. We certainly need more of them for what we have planned."

He then turns to Sylk.

"You will likely be a fairly standard Soldado caster, because we are lacking the more streamlined arcanists and their ilk; you fill in that niche all too well."

He looks around the courtyard for a second, puts his finger on his chin thoughtfully, and without turning back points at Sylk again.

"You control fire, yes? Well, I'd certainly respect you more if you kept the keep's lanterns lit. The soldiers never aid them when they're dimming, so we have a large expense on oil that could be better allocated elsewhere.

It's a demeaning maintenance job, yes, but it's the only non-combat duty I can see you fufilling in the immediate future, aside from lighting a few fuses."

He pauses to let all that sink in.

"I'm sure you have the spunk to fufill these duties, if you're up for it."

He hands them each a form.

"You're both going to be placed as Soldados to start. If you simply must kill, or simply cannot, speak now or forever hold your peace."

Goblin Music
2007-03-29, 11:02 PM
Sylk summons fire elementals in to some of the lanterns grinning
-------
Dall looks at The Blind Justice hum... is his only comment

Warpfire
2007-03-29, 11:04 PM
A commoner approaches the Headquarters. Fright is written all over him. His walk is slow, his form huddled together with fear. He takes another look at the imposing structure, and whimpers with fear. The man is short, with messy brown hair and darting green eyes. The commoner is dressed in plain, dirty brown clothes, and it looks as if he'll be making those garments even dirtier soon.

Stand up straight, worm! And don't you dare soil yourself! I will forge you into a competent slave yet. echoes a low and commanding voice inside his head, certainly not the man's own. The voice speaks of a cold, calculated rage.

"But...bu..." the man stutters enormously. "This place..."

Quiet, worm! Now go seek out the master of this place as I make my preparations.

The man nods fearfully and heads towards the gates. He stands near them, unsure of what to do. Another whimper issues from his lips.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-29, 11:10 PM
State claps with approval at the novel lighting method.

"Cute. Do these adorable little monsters fight as well?"

Upon seeing Dall's vision path, he notices The Blind Justice and grins as though he was the father, and she/it the mother, of two rambunctious children. He takes on a fatherly stature and continues.
"I'm sure she has valuable skills to impart to you, Dall. And it's not your duty to follow her around, you simply provide assistance in the rare case she would both need it and ask."

He notices the peasant.

"You two should choose your names and hats if you still wish to join...just fill out the forms. It would appear some street trash is approaching. And Justice can tell you my opinions on littering pertaining to ANY kind of trash."

He strolls over and prepares to bully what appears to be just another loitering working-class ignoramus too curious for his own good.

Warpfire
2007-03-29, 11:19 PM
The commoner falls to the ground, huddling into a little ball, as State approaches. He peeks out at him.

"D-don't hurt m-me...I...the..he..." The commoner seems to be searching for the right words.

"The man inside me wants to speak with you!" he blurts out. He stares at State, even more scared than he was previously, though that seems difficult.

You certainly could have handled that better. State may notice that the peasant's skin is starting to bubble, contorting and quivering in ways normally impossible.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-29, 11:26 PM
A bit of Namesake shows through State, and he grunts uncomfortably, looking at the boils on his skin and thinking of the Church of the Seed. This quickly ends and he snaps back to attention.

Although State would normally enjoy nothing more than turning this peasant into a contorted yellow ball, he stops his baton mid-punishing-strike, wary that "the man inside" might very well be an entity capable of turning anyone near into a crushed red ball.

"Pardon?"

Goblin Music
2007-03-29, 11:27 PM
Sylk {name: Fire judge} Hat: fire proof hooded cape
------
Dall {name: Shadow Spy} Hat: Black hooded cape
((these Ok?))

Rebonack
2007-03-29, 11:28 PM
The Blind Justice responds to the hmm by allowing the bemused smirk to creep a little higher.

"And speaking of missions in which assistance would not be wise, I have gathered enough information on this Church of the Seed to, if nothing else, determine the purpose of those disgusting plants they employ," Justice speaks with a level, professional tone, as if she is all too accustomed to imparting such information.

"It would appear these nerve permeating creepers provide the head Priest of this detestable cult with a fair degree of mental control over everyone who unwittingly ingests the seeds. It would appear as though a goodly portion of the parishioners are rigged to explode so as to spread the vile seed further."

"While this greatly increases the danger of these deviants spreading their influence through Town I do not believe they yet constitute a real threat to us or the municipality as a whole. I suggest reconnaissance for the time being, and perhaps exposing the Church for what it is should a convenient opportunity arise."

NecroPaladin
2007-03-29, 11:29 PM
((One of the words in each name has to somehow relate to government or authority, so those should probably be altered. The hats are fine, though.))

"Good work, Justice. Reconnaisance suggestion noted, although that organization is not our top priority as a whole. Exposing the Church would be interesting, considering we plan to replace the Police as the dominant authority. Would I come running to you or would you go running to Verdict? Or vice-versa?"

State sneers, sarcastic but with some level of mirth. He turns his head back to the peasant after a hoarse laugh.

Goblin Music
2007-03-29, 11:32 PM
Dall rubs his neck grinning as a surge of Wild Magic blasts trough his body
((how is "Shadow Spy" for Dall?))

NecroPaladin
2007-03-29, 11:39 PM
((It's close enough, if not exactly form-fitting to the guidelines. Now do Sylk. Be aware the dead time descends upon me within the hour.))

Goblin Music
2007-03-29, 11:43 PM
((Got 3
1) Fire Judge
2) Lord o' Flame ((LF for short))
3) Sir Fireye
))

NecroPaladin
2007-03-29, 11:45 PM
((Fire Judge. That's probably the best sounding and most context-appropriate))

BLARG! *Deadtimed*

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-30, 03:35 AM
Professor Affadavit wanders in accompanied as always by four members of The Jury. "Well then, let's see what this place is capable of. He sets up a small bench in the armoury and begins writing down equations."Ah! How crude. It seems like this whole place could do with a bit of a polish." He pulls out some polish from a draw in the bench and begins cleaning the weapons.

wxdruid
2007-03-30, 02:21 PM
Seductivo Illuminario goes back down into the Scar and finds a few luckless NPC's to vent her frustration on.

Goblin Music
2007-03-30, 02:32 PM
Fire judge walks out of HQ

The Geomancer
2007-03-30, 04:14 PM
Aha! Tom declares, bursting from dead-time with gusto. Can my name be Czar Prohibition? Tom looks around, looking at a few NPCs with hunger. I have just one question. What are would be your reaction if some of of the less important Soldados were to get, lets say... Eaten?

((The name is funny because Tom is a drunk... :D))

NecroPaladin
2007-03-30, 06:16 PM
"I would be outraged, Prohibition. Unless, of course, they made some manner of snide remark. After all, slander is a crime, and criminals are dead men in the eyes of K.N.A.V.E.S. But surely you could sate your hunger on something else in the case that we have no misbehaving thralls?"

State continues to eye the quivering peasant.

The Geomancer
2007-03-30, 07:00 PM
Yes, I suppose I could eat all of the scrap metal and other disregarded non-organic materials I find. Either that or you could pay to have Zebras shipped over here. ((Tom bought a potion at the Omnishop that allows him to digest all forms of matter without harm to his body.))

NecroPaladin
2007-03-30, 07:07 PM
State laughs in a rather evil-maniac-esque manner.

"You could head down to The Scar every once in a while to act as Secutivo Illuminario's personal garbage disposal, so long as you know not to ask questions."

The Geomancer
2007-03-30, 07:36 PM
Tom licks his... mouth? He doesn't really have lips... Any thing for a meal. He decides that he has had enough talking and goes to do his job when he realizes: What sort of services are you going to be requiring of me anyways?

NecroPaladin
2007-03-30, 07:50 PM
"You are to act as impromptu law enforcement in the abscence of the pathetic police force. Criminals will likely constitute even more of your meals than prisoners. And when the time comes to take our rightful place in this town, I'll expect some less subtle aggression. Other than that, your whims are your own."

He pauses,

"Oh, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't also do the less obvious things, like occasionally just observing weaknesses in possible targets, or maybe setting up anything you think might be beneficial on the castle grounds. I already have Fire Judge on lantern duty and Professor Affadavit on research."

The Geomancer
2007-03-30, 08:18 PM
So you are saying that I can go out into town and eat people because they litter!? *Ahem* I mean, I look forward to being able to put a stop to these criminals. This must be to good to be true...