PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Yet Another Reason Why Divine Minion is Awesome

Inevitability
2014-11-23, 10:52 AM
We all know divine minion is a great template. Outsider type? Immunity to fear? Aberration Wildshape shenanigans?

Well, there's another reason to love it. Take a look at Complete Divine's Wild feats. Normally, they are pretty sucky. After all, why spend a feat to give you wings for a short time when you can just turn into a giant eagle for much longer?

Divine Minions do have the 'ability to wild shape' required by those feats. However, they are not limited to a certain number of attempts per day.

That means that at the cost of a single feat, your divine minion can gain a permanent fly speed, +7 natural armor bonus, natural weapons, or Pounce. Yes please.

Just something I wanted to share. I hope you like it. :smallsmile:

Jeff the Green
2014-11-23, 11:10 AM
It's not perfectly clear that divine minion will let you do that. After all, they don't actually get wildshape; they get swift wildshape.

Necroticplague
2014-11-23, 11:12 AM
I've tried this, but I don't think it works. The feats have 'spend a wild shape' in their text. However, you don't have any 'uses' to spend. Of course, this depends pretty much entirely on if you think of at-will as 'Uses:N/A', or 'Uses:Infinite'. If you thinks its the former, this doesn't work. If you think its the later, this does.

Well, at least for using the feats. You unambiguously qualify for them.

It's not perfectly clear that divine minion will let you do that. After all, they don't actually get wildshape; they get swift wildshape.

They get swift wild shape, which lets you wild shape as a druid. Kinda wierd, but they wording of it is that it grants you a passive ability (Swift Wild Shape) that gives you access to an active one (Wild Shape (as level 11 druid)).