PDA

View Full Version : Medium Humanoid in Large Barding

Kevingway
2014-11-23, 08:30 PM
This may seem silly, but what happens when a medium humanoid wears large barding? I ask simply because I have a Primeval character that will be "wild shaping" into a large animal once a day.

Extra Anchovies
2014-11-23, 08:33 PM
Normally you can't wear wrongly-sized armor, only carry it. Get a hireling/donkey/bag of holding to store the barding in, then have someone put it on you after you shapeshift.

Kevingway
2014-11-23, 08:38 PM
That feels silly to me, considering you can wield larger weapons with which you're not proficient. It would take far too long to have someone apply armor to my character considering the short duration of the shape. But yeah, I guess I have read that.

Hm.

Venger
2014-11-23, 08:40 PM
just wear wild armor, like a normal person. it's much easier.

Kevingway
2014-11-23, 08:47 PM
Or I guess I could wait until my character becomes considered a Magical Beast; I think barding would apply then just fine, only my size would be changing from medium to large whenever I change. Does any armor cover grounds to increase in size when my character does?

Urpriest
2014-11-23, 08:50 PM
Or I guess I could wait until my character becomes considered a Magical Beast; I think barding would apply then just fine, only my size would be changing from medium to large whenever I change. Does any armor cover grounds to increase in size when my character does?

Armor doesn't change size, and being a magical beast has nothing to do with whether or not you need barding.

Venger
2014-11-23, 08:50 PM
what would that have to do with anything? it just changes your type.

there is. it's called wild armor (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicArmor.htm#wild)

lytokk
2014-11-24, 12:28 PM
Or you could use a wilding clasp on your armor. Though a very strict DM could say that since primevals don't use wild shape, just primeval form, they don't get to keep their armor bonus with either the wilding clasp or wild armor enchantment.

Alternatively, play a warforged. They get to keep any body feat when wild shaping or primeval forming, since you don't lose access to feats when changing forms. I think it may also work with the standard composite plating, but I'm afb right now. It was stated in races of eberron if anyones got time to look through it now.