PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Druid Wildshape/Archetypes Question

ThisIsZen
2014-11-23, 11:11 PM
I'm working on a Reincarnated Druid at the moment, and I'm curious about my wildshape advancement. I'm pretty much 90% certain that my interpretation is right on this, but googling turned up no answers so I felt that I'd rather that 90 be 100.

Reincarnated Druids delay Wild Shape progression by two levels - my interpretation of this is that it means that I never get Wild Shape (at will), and am limited to 8/day permanently. However, some of the stuff I've read seems to suggest that this feature delay is eventually mitigated just by levelling up, so DO I catch up and hit at will at some point?

Like I said, I'm mostly sure that I'm right and it's limited to 8/day, but certainty never hurts.

grarrrg
2014-11-23, 11:31 PM
I'm working on a Reincarnated Druid at the moment...
Like I said, I'm mostly sure that I'm right and it's limited to 8/day, but certainty never hurts.

You are correct.
The feature/change says "A reincarnated druid gains this ability at 6th level, and it functions at her druid level – 2."
Thus everything related to Wild Shape is 'delayed' by 2 levels.

Part of the 'you will catch up' is based on the fact that Wild Shape _options_ stop at level 12 when you gain Huge Elemental/Huge Plant. After that the only 'gain' is uses per day, and duration increase.

So once you hit level 14 of the archetype you'll have the exact same options as every other Wild Shaping level 12+ Druid.
And at level 20 of the archetype you'll be "limited" to Wild Shaping 8/day with 18 hour duration each.