PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Dragonborn Dvati Bardblade

Val666
2014-11-24, 12:00 AM
Hi :v

So..yeah...title.. p_p

My brother is asking if that combination would be a good character. He wants to fluff one of the twins as the Diplomat and the other uses Intimidate. Sort of good and bad cop. Any tips? Everthing is open including dragon mag. Thanks everyone!

torrasque666
2014-11-24, 12:33 AM
Do NOT Dragonborn a Dvati. Dragonborning involves losing your racial traits in favor of the Dragonborn's. You know whats a racial trait of Dvati? The Twins(Ex) trait, which is what makes them the whole "two bodies, one soul" deal. So right from the getgo, its a bad idea and I'm not one to usually call ideas bad.

Val666
2014-11-24, 12:44 AM
Do NOT Dragonborn a Dvati. Dragonborning involves losing your racial traits in favor of the Dragonborn's. You know whats a racial trait of Dvati? The Twins(Ex) trait, which is what makes them the whole "two bodies, one soul" deal. So right from the getgo, its a bad idea and I'm not one to usually call ideas bad.

LOL! That's pretty hilarious ahhahaha ok. Then any suggestion on how to rise con without losing cha ._.? and for low LA :v?

OldTrees1
2014-11-24, 12:57 AM
LOL! That's pretty hilarious ahhahaha ok. Then any suggestion on how to rise con without losing cha ._.? and for low LA :v?

What about +4 Con, -2 Cha(Mineral Warrior +1LA)? Move the point buy around and you would still come out ahead.
Or you could be really crazy and go Mineral Warrior Unseelie Fey for +2 Con +0 Cha for +1LA.

However without Dragonborn it is a good enough build to stand alone without any templates.

atemu1234
2014-11-26, 06:45 PM

As a DM, I'd allow the dragonborn template, as one of the things it doesn't change, mostly because it's not a bad idea.

Darrin
2014-11-26, 08:58 PM
Dvati + Dragonborn is really a Divide By Cucumber sort of thing. I'd allow it, but double the cost to 200 GP, both twins have to go through the egg-thing ritual, keep the "Twins" ability, lose Echo Attack/Pair Link/Spell Conductor.

Tanuki Tales
2014-11-27, 01:01 AM
Dvati + Dragonborn is really a Divide By Cucumber sort of thing. I'd allow it, but double the cost to 200 GP, both twins have to go through the egg-thing ritual, keep the "Twins" ability, lose Echo Attack/Pair Link/Spell Conductor.

This give me an amusing idea for an NPC. The Dvati conducts the ritual as normal, but only one becomes a Dragonborn of Bahamut, while the other becomes a pawn of Tiamat because of the interaction between Twins and the ritual.

So the ritual creates one new entity that is split between its good and evil.

Milo v3
2014-11-27, 01:14 AM
Hmm... I could use this as a backstory for a Multiple-Personality Disorder dragonborn..

thethird
2014-11-27, 06:34 AM
If one of the twins dies, or is dying, the other might appeal to bahamut to save him in his body.

Ethelesin
2014-11-27, 06:43 AM
This sounds like the set up for possibly the best spin on the "good cop bad cop" trope i've ever seen.