PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Getting a Duskblade Summon Monster IV

LentilNinja
2014-11-24, 06:44 AM
I had this crazy idea to make a Fiendbinder Duskblade (or any class that isn't Wizard like Death Master) but I'm struggling to find a way to get Summon Monster IV onto their spell lists. Anything that could help?

Mr Adventurer
2014-11-24, 08:27 AM
Runestaff, sort of?

Grim Reader
2014-11-24, 08:37 AM
Sand Shaper. Although you should be aware, it comes bundled with a lot of other useful spells.

Fouredged Sword
2014-11-24, 08:39 AM
Arcane Disciple for the summoning domain.

LentilNinja
2014-11-24, 09:30 AM
Runestaff, sort of?
Not sure if can be used to get into the PrC, since its the staff casting. Might work.

Sand Shaper. Although you should be aware, it comes bundled with a lot of other useful spells.
You get Desert Ally instead of Monster. I dunno if that'd count with a strict DM but perhaps. :smallconfused:

Arcane Disciple for the summoning domain.
Funnily enough, Summon Monster IV is skipped for Lesser Planar Ally. :smallmad:

Inevitability
2014-11-24, 12:29 PM
Extra Spell.

Zaq
2014-11-24, 01:59 PM
There's always "hack another spell onto your class list" PrCs like Recaster and Wyrm Wizard, but those tend to lose at least one CL, and they might be hard to qualify for as a Duskblade anyway. But they would still work if you could find a way to squeeze them into your build.

darksolitaire
2014-11-24, 02:04 PM
I had this crazy idea to make a Fiendbinder Duskblade (or any class that isn't Wizard like Death Master) but I'm struggling to find a way to get Summon Monster IV onto their spell lists. Anything that could help?

Simplest way would be researching the spell as per rules from Dungeon Master's Guide. Bargain with DM. :smallsmile:

LentilNinja
2014-11-24, 02:30 PM
There's always "hack another spell onto your class list" PrCs like Recaster and Wyrm Wizard, but those tend to lose at least one CL, and they might be hard to qualify for as a Duskblade anyway. But they would still work if you could find a way to squeeze them into your build.

I could go with one of those. Wyrm Wizard seems like a good choice.

Simplest way would be researching the spell as per rules from Dungeon Master's Guide. Bargain with DM. :smallsmile:

This seems viable, I'll try that out too :smallsmile:

WhamBamSam
2014-11-24, 04:44 PM
I could go with one of those. Wyrm Wizard seems like a good choice.Wyrm Wizard requires prepared Arcane Casting to qualify. So it'd be viable for something like Death Master or Wu Jen, but would not work for a Duskblade.

Zaq
2014-11-24, 04:58 PM
Wyrm Wizard requires prepared Arcane Casting to qualify. So it'd be viable for something like Death Master or Wu Jen, but would not work for a Duskblade.

You could always burn a feat on Arcane Preparation. Feats are precious, but the option exists.