PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Atop The Fourth Wall. (Mutants and Masterminds 3E Build Help.)

Metahuman1
2014-11-24, 10:00 AM
So, I just finished up watching the web series Atop the 4th Wall's most recent storyline, the Machinations of Worms Arc, and a curiosity comes to mind.

How would one build the character Linkara, not the actor Lewis, but the character, as a playable 3rd edition Mutants and Masterminds character? Based on what we've seen him capable of so far in the show as the of the end of the most recent plot arc.

GoblinGilmartin
2014-11-26, 07:17 AM
So, I just finished up watching the web series Atop the 4th Wall's most recent storyline, the Machinations of Worms Arc, and a curiosity comes to mind.

How would one build the character Linkara, not the actor Lewis, but the character, as a playable 3rd edition Mutants and Masterminds character? Based on what we've seen him capable of so far in the show as the of the end of the most recent plot arc.

Interesting idea. I haven't read those rules in a long time (but I am about to), but I would say he's a magic user, technical knowledge, with a lot of points into specific magic items. Would Comicron 1 need resources in order to have it?

prufock
2014-11-26, 07:45 AM
Affliction: Annoying Voice (dazed/stunned/incapacitated, perception area, will/fort) 2 points/rank

Metahuman1
2014-11-26, 06:07 PM
Interesting idea. I haven't read those rules in a long time (but I am about to), but I would say he's a magic user, technical knowledge, with a lot of points into specific magic items. Would Comicron 1 need resources in order to have it?

I'm not sure if Comicron 1 requires use of the vehicles rules, the base of operations rules, or the power device rules.

Though The Magic Gun is certainly a removable power device.

Tengu_temp
2014-11-26, 07:58 PM
I don't like Linkara's storylines and it's been ages since I watched them (the reviews themselves are alright), but from what I remember, he has a crapload of various gadgets, between his magic gun, white ranger suit, various Star Trek items and other stuff - but he never uses more than one at once. It seems like an array of powers should be in order here.

Affliction: Annoying Voice (dazed/stunned/incapacitated, perception area, will/fort) 2 points/rank

Man, harsh. At least he doesn't screech into the microphone like a constipated harpy, unlike some other internet reviewers (coughnostalgiacriticcough).

Metahuman1
2014-11-26, 08:11 PM
An Array could well be in order. Possibly more then one since once in awhile he does have combo's going. (Tri-quarter and Magic Gun, Sonic Screwdriver and BFG, Ranger Suit and Dragon Dagger/Sabba Sword/Magic Gun, so forth.)

prufock
2014-11-28, 07:24 AM
Man, harsh. At least he doesn't screech into the microphone like a constipated harpy, unlike some other internet reviewers (coughnostalgiacriticcough).

I like NC's reviews, but I usually hit mute during those moments. And fast-forward through the "skits". Seriously, a review of a 90-minute movie should not be 30 minutes.

Metahuman1
2014-11-28, 06:20 PM
Um, prufock, while I respect that not everyone cares for the series, or it's relatives, that isn't a canonical ability. When I see the character subdue an evil living comic or shade android or some such in that manner, sure, but not till then.

I would ask, please, that the discussion stay to the topic of how to build the character, not taking digs at the character if you don't care for him or his actor.

I wonder what power level he'd be?

MReav
2014-11-28, 09:58 PM
I'd say he's a Gadgeteer but uses magitech. If there are any rules for personal foe, he'd have Dr. Insano.

Metahuman1
2014-11-28, 10:40 PM
That sounds like Complication: Nemesis to me. Though I'd say Vyce and Mechakara have both appeared so many times that they'd also qualify.

As for Gadgeterring, Huh, focused on the Artifice and Expertise: Magic Skill for Equipment Arry's that might have the variable Descriptor perhaps?

MReav
2014-11-29, 12:18 AM
That sounds like Complication: Nemesis to me. Though I'd say Vyce and Mechakara have both appeared so many times that they'd also qualify.

As for Gadgeterring, Huh, focused on the Artifice and Expertise: Magic Skill for Equipment Arry's that might have the variable Descriptor perhaps?

Dunno. Never played Mutants and Masterminds (though if you do make this character, send it to him via tumblr, I'm sure he'll get a kick out of it).