PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Samurai Question

Yogibear41
2014-11-24, 12:48 PM
Does the Dragon Samurai prestige class from Miniatures handbook increase the damage of a dragonfire adepts, or dragon shaman's breath weapon the same way it would increase a half dragons breath weapon?

Psyren
2014-11-24, 01:05 PM
The way it's worded, they appear to be using "same type" to mean "same energy type and usage restriction." i.e. if it's not 1/day it either won't stack, or you'll get the bonus damage but only 1/day and the regular damage after that.

Either way I would avoid this class myself.

weckar
2014-11-24, 01:20 PM
I think the 'same type' clause refers to the energy type only. From the example, it actually seems as if the uses per day would be REDUCED if you stack it with anything that has more uses... but really, it's ambiguous.

Oh Miniatures handbook, is there anything we can use you for that Dragon Magic DOESN'T do better? :P

Yael
2014-11-24, 01:25 PM
I think the 'same type' clause refers to the energy type only. From the example, it actually seems as if the uses per day would be REDUCED if you stack it with anything that has more uses... but really, it's ambiguous.

Oh Miniatures handbook, is there anything we can use you for that Dragon Magic DOESN'T do better? :P

The healer class, because "deyum."

weckar
2014-11-24, 01:32 PM
... You mean the class that has a sub-par spell list and roleplaying requirements more constraining than those of the Paladin?