PDA

View Full Version : Oath of Ancients Paladin + Druid Multiclass

MadGrady
2014-11-24, 01:22 PM
So I am currently playing an Oath of the Ancient's Paladin, and I am considering multiclassing into a Druid for 1-2 levels for RP reasons (not optimized, but good for character).

My questions is this - when I multiclass, my spell slots are sort of combined using the multiclass rules. Can I use ANY of these slots with my Divine Smite ability? Since none of the slots are specifically mentioned as "paladin spell slots" anymore.

Scirocco
2014-11-24, 02:21 PM
Yes you can.

MadGrady
2014-11-24, 02:22 PM
Yes you can.

That was the answer I was hoping for :)

Thanks

Socko525
2014-11-24, 03:58 PM
Also you might consider Feypact warlock as well. It fits thematically as well with OotA (or at least wtih some creative RPing), and it synergizes with the Cha casting and doesn't require the 13 Wis that multiclassing in Druid requires.

MadGrady
2014-11-24, 04:04 PM
Also you might consider Feypact warlock as well. It fits thematically as well with OotA (or at least wtih some creative RPing), and it synergizes with the Cha casting and doesn't require the 13 Wis that multiclassing in Druid requires.

I had not considered this. This definitely bears looking into. I ended up not going druid because I forgot about the restriction on metal armor. So this might be a good alternative.

Thanks!

Daehron
2014-11-25, 08:31 AM
I had not considered this. This definitely bears looking into. I ended up not going druid because I forgot about the restriction on metal armor. So this might be a good alternative.

Thanks!

A three level dip in warlock gets your Pact. While pact of the blade seems logical for a paladin mc, pact of the tome nets you three cantrips from any list. You could tap druidcraft for rp / theme reasons. Not optimal (4th level for the feat/stat bonus and loss of spell levels / delayed paladin benefits) but it is a thought.

Valefor Rathan
2014-11-25, 10:12 AM
You could play with the idea of the Pact also being a refinement/something of the Oath you took. Just a thought about the level of communication with your patron.

Socko525
2014-11-25, 10:51 AM
Also if you dipped 3 levels and took Pact of the Tome you could eventually get find familiar as a spell and get something like a hawk. On top if find steed this would give you an additional animal friend helping with a more druidy theme.

Also if you've got 13 wisdom you might also consider nature cleric. It would give you more spell slots, but the rest is determined by how many levels you would want to take

Safety Sword
2014-11-25, 10:34 PM
This definitely bears looking into.

Druid puns.