PDA

View Full Version : The Workshop of Wonder

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Lykan
2007-03-24, 11:14 PM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i311/ChimeraHybrid/Shop/shopsign.png

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i311/ChimeraHybrid/Shop/newtower.png

The jagged looking tower of volcanic glass is Lykan’s shop, an emporium of magical and psionic devices. The tower is eight stories tall, with the staircase spiraling along the inner wall. The walls are lined with various magic trinkets of varying power, with the most powerful items on the top floor of the tower, and weakest on the ground floor. On the ground floor is a display case, made of adamantine and pure force, which is set near the wall opposite the door.

Lykan will usually be found there, but if he is for some reason absent, one of the NPCs working there will be glad to help you.
The NPCs are as follows:

- Maros: A blue-furred werewolf warblade who is the main guard of the shop. He has control of the golems when Lykan is not present.

- Keedak: A lizardfolk druid who tends to the creatures in the menagerie, as well as serving as backup for Maros in guarding the shop

- The Golems: Several Shadesteel and Greater Iron golems are placed throughout the shop, shaped much like the wolfmen that are Lykan’s people. They don’t act unless someone breaks into the shop while it is closed, or if someone tries to steal an item. They don’t know mercy without their master’s order, so watch out.

((the position of co–shopkeep is open, but the person wishing to apply to the roll must be approved by Lykan first. If he doesn’t think you’re good for the roll, tough.))

The items on display in the tower are mostly of minor and medium level wondrous items, as well as a plethora of wands, potions, scrolls, as well as some lower level rods, weapons, armor, and staves. The shop seems to not have rings of any sort. (Lykan doesn’t know how to make them, and thinks they’re a waste of money and materials anyway :tongue:)

The display case on the first floor hold a dozen or so magic items of incredible power... The items in this display case will change when people either purchase the items in the case, or if the item isn’t bought within a certain amount of time.

The current items in the case are as follows:

- Cloudcleaver (+3 Shocking Burst Ghost Touch Shock Greataxe)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i311/ChimeraHybrid/Shop/cloudcleaver.png

- Evokeater (+5 Magic Eating Greater Agility Chain Shirt)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i311/ChimeraHybrid/Shop/Evokeater.png

- Embershell (+5 Fire Resistance Ice Immunity Heavy Wooden Shield)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i311/ChimeraHybrid/Shop/Embershell.png

- Thoth’s Codex (Tome of Clear Thought +3)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i311/ChimeraHybrid/Shop/thothscodex.png

- Recollecter Scale (8th level Memento Magica)

- Tears of Rem (Greater Prayer Beads)

- Mountaincaller (Stone of Controlling Earth Elementals)

- Mindjelly (Psychoactive Skin of the Psion)

- Lenses of Stheno (Eyes of Petrification)

Available also is just about any construct that is feasibly creatable, including Lykan’s personal specialty, pseudoreal constructs.
Lykan also has several items of his own invention, which are as follows:

Mage Cannons: This musket-like device fires a ball of force at a designated target, up to 120 ft. away as a Ranged Touch Attack. A successful hit deals 4d6 damage, and can be fired as a standard action. As a Full Round Action, the wielder of this device can fire the cannon the same amount of times that they can attack on a full attack. After 25 shots, the empty clip must be removed and another be inserted into the cannon as a full-round action.
Store Value: 8,000 Gp
Clip Store Value: 2,000 Gp

Elemental Bombs: These small colored glass orbs explode into a certain form of energy when struck hard, dealing 12d6 damage of a certain type (depending by the color of the bomb) over a 20 ft. spread, with a Reflex Save DC 24 for half damage. The bomb’s range increasement is 10 ft. The colors are as follows:
- Red: Deals fire damage, and deals an extra +12 damage
- Yellow: Deals electricity damage, and the DC for half damage is increased to 26.
- White: Deals cold damage, deals an extra +12 damage, and requires a Fortitude save for half damage.
- Black: Deals acid damage, and deals a quarter of the damage dealt to any targets hit the next round.
- Blue: Deals sonic damage, and ignores item hardness.
Store Value 4,800 Gp

Changestones: These fist-sized stones allow a template of a certain type (determined by the appearance of the stone) for about a minute. The stone crumbles to dust once it is used.
Store Value Gp 2,400 x LA (and HD, if any) of template

The shop has all magic/psionic items up to 35,000 Gp, and are sold at %90 their normal store price, as well as the items in the display case. Any items from 35,001 to 75,000 Gp are creatable within a few hours, and are sold at normal store price. Anything more then 75,000 Gp may require a few days to create, and are also sold at store price.

Any attempts to offer unrealistically large sums of money will open a plane to the plane of fire, in which the buyer will be dropped.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Kyrian
2007-03-24, 11:22 PM
A NPC enters and offers infinite amounts of gold for Wrathender. He is dropped into the plane of fire. Much screaming ensues.

Lykan
2007-03-24, 11:22 PM
((Hehehe... :biggrin:))

Kyrian
2007-03-24, 11:23 PM
((Had to be done :D ))

Lykan
2007-03-24, 11:25 PM
((It won't be the last, unfortunatly. :P))

Kyrian
2007-03-24, 11:30 PM
((Don't worry, I'll bring his family in later....))

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 11:35 PM
((Hmm...I may have to procure some mage cannon turrets.))

Lykan
2007-03-24, 11:56 PM
((Heh... He can make them... C'mon help the bussiness start up. ^_^))

NecroPaladin
2007-03-24, 11:57 PM
((I would but I need to log off soon. It'll have to wait till tommorrow. :smallfrown: ))

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-24, 11:59 PM
((Just out of curiosity, what's the reason for the punishing of those with unrealistically large sums of money?))

Lykan
2007-03-25, 12:01 AM
((Because I find it incredibly annoying that some people have a million PP just out of nowhere.

On top of that, they're carring it with them. :annoyed:))

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-25, 12:04 AM
((Ah. I see. Come to think of it, that much money would be pretty heavy))

Kyrian
2007-03-25, 12:07 AM
((Because I find it incredibly annoying that some people have a million PP just out of nowhere.

On top of that, they're carring it with them. :annoyed:))

((But that's why we're always carrying the unruly number of Bags of Holding. :smallbiggrin:))

NecroPaladin
2007-03-25, 12:07 AM
As my last action before logging:

A nameless NPC runs in:

"OMG DAT WUZ LIEK MEH BRUTHER HOO JOO THROO INTOO DUH FIRE AWL GEV JOO WON MILLION BAJILLION PLATINUM FER EN ITEM TOO BRINGS HIM BACK LAWL!"

He drops in, screaming. That's death count 2, purchase count zero.

*sizzle*

Lykan
2007-03-25, 12:10 AM
((Yeah, those tend to come out of nowhere, too.))

Lykan taps his fingers together, then puts up a sign

Full proceedings will go to researching way of bringing dead daughter back to life.

Not in a Frankenstein sense.

blackout
2007-03-25, 12:37 AM
A thunderhawk lands outside, and a lone soldier comes in unarmed, wearing a Blackout Raiders uniform

"We got a Psyker that needs a boost. You got anything?"

Lykan
2007-03-25, 12:40 AM
Lykan raises an eyebrow

Umm... Common, please?

blackout
2007-03-25, 12:45 AM
He repeats what he said in common.

Lykan
2007-03-25, 12:46 AM
((...))

What's a psyker?

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-25, 12:52 AM
Vespe walks in. Wonder you say? Hmm... He begins browsing.

blackout
2007-03-25, 12:55 AM
"A very powerful psionic being, with telekinetic and somewhat magical capabilities."

Lykan
2007-03-25, 12:56 AM
He nods

And what needs to be charged, exactly?

blackout
2007-03-25, 01:01 AM
"Everything. Litterally, everything. He needs every advantage he can get for the Psyker Battleship Tourney this coming friday."

Lykan
2007-03-25, 01:01 AM

How do you charge it, then?

blackout
2007-03-25, 01:04 AM
"Don't look at me. Your the guy who knows his psionics here."

Lykan
2007-03-25, 01:07 AM
Lykan sneers

So you come in here, expecting me to be able to charge a device I've never heard of before, and expect me to know everything about it?

Let me see the item.

blackout
2007-03-25, 01:12 AM
"A Psyker isn't a device! It's a person! He needs to boost his psionic powers for the tournament. Do you have any kind of disposable psionic enhancers or something?"

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-25, 01:13 AM
Ooh ooh! Pick me! I know! I got psi stuff! Vespe eagerly throws up his hand like a school child.

Lykan
2007-03-25, 01:17 AM
Lykan sighs

You see, that's what you should ask in the first place. What discipline of powers does he use?

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-25, 01:21 AM
Ooh, look at all this stuff.... good thing I brought my portable plot device! He pulls a huge bag of gold out. He falls into the elemental plane of fire.

Eek! Ooh, this actually feels kinda good...but it burns! And....he dies. Again. Yay.

blackout
2007-03-25, 01:29 AM
"The basics. Telekinesis, telepathy, and the occasional lightning-bolt attack kind of thing."

Lykan
2007-03-25, 01:32 AM
Lykan frowns, shaking his head, before summoning an amulet with a glowing red crystal

This should work.

blackout
2007-03-25, 01:53 AM
"Good. I'm sure this will cover it." He hands over a bag of 3000 gps.

Lykan
2007-03-25, 01:55 AM
Lykan raises an eyebrow

... It's 8000 Gp. Do people even bother with the shopkeep anymore?

blackout
2007-03-25, 02:03 AM
"8000 then." He puts down two more bags. "Plus a 1000 gp tax."

Lykan
2007-03-25, 02:05 AM
He shrugs

Works for me.

He snatches the gold and puts it in his vault-plane

No get out of here. I need to close up.

((In other words, I'm going to bed.))

blackout
2007-03-25, 02:10 AM
He promptly leaves, taking the thing with him.

((Hope I helped. :)))

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-25, 09:25 AM
Hello? a voice is heard from the floor. It's me... Vespe. I'm not dead. I'm in incredible pain, but I'm not dead....oh gods AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! He is then....eaten. By demons.

I'm... still not dead... I am in intense agony. I will give anyone a ridiculous amount of gold if they... AHHHH!
Vespe falls into the second layer of the plane of fire.

Lykan
2007-03-27, 01:44 PM
Lykan rests his feet up on the table, sighing

Lykan
2007-03-28, 04:50 PM
Lykan looks around, then puts up a sign, sighing

Needs goddess' blood

Good money for each vial

Maros looks at the sign, and raises an eyebrow

What the hell do you need goddess' blood for?

Well, I use components rather then binding or runescribing in order to get my magic items to work, right?

Yeah... I've seen that creepy closet in the basement where you keep those pickled creature parts...

Well, goddess blood might proove an incredibly powerful component in creating items...

Yeah... So?

... This is a magic items shop.

Right.

Goddess blood means more powerful items...

Yes...

More powerful items means better protection for us and more satisfied customers.

Yes... And?

... That's it. Rem's blood, man... Do I need to shoot a silver bullet through your head to get what I'm saying all the way to your brain?

... Oh. OH. Now I get it...

... That does it... There's a Tome of Clear thought +5 upstairs. For Rem's sake, read it. And don't come down until you do.

*grumble*

Lykan shakes his head, waiting for someone to take him up on the goddess blood offer.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-28, 06:44 PM
Kratos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kratos) enters.
What's this about goddess blood?

Lykan
2007-03-28, 06:46 PM
Lykan groans, not only at the copyright infringement, but at the fact that he asked for goddess blood.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-28, 06:49 PM
A combined force of lawyers and grammar Nazis attacks Kratos. Much gore insues, but Kratos loses and dies.

Lykan
2007-03-28, 06:53 PM
Lykan taps his fingers together, sighing

Once I get married and bring Fallon back, I gotta finish beating that game.

Kyrian
2007-03-28, 06:54 PM
I beat it. 48 hours after buying it actually...

Kyrian enters and smiles.

Hey Wolf, hear you're looking for Goddess blood.

Lykan
2007-03-28, 07:05 PM
He nods

Unless you can change gender, I don't need yours.

And if you can, that's pretty friggin creepy.

Kyrian
2007-03-28, 07:06 PM
I was actually going to say I could talk to Lillah about it for you.

Lykan
2007-03-28, 07:09 PM
He raises an eyebrow

She's a goddess?

Kyrian
2007-03-28, 07:15 PM
Kyrian nods. Of...Music, Theatre...pretty much the Performing Arts in general.

Lykan
2007-03-28, 07:18 PM
He raises an eyebrow

You sure?

He shrugs

If you can get her to, I'm all for it. Just tell her what you're doing with it before we actually do bussiness.

Kyrian
2007-03-28, 07:18 PM
How much do you need....and what am I doing it with?

Lykan
2007-03-28, 07:20 PM
A few vials will do.

He looks at him questioningly

What do you mean "what are you doing it with?"

Kyrian
2007-03-28, 07:21 PM
Kyrian shakes his head. Sorry, misunderstood you.

Lykan
2007-03-28, 07:25 PM
He shrugs

Alright. Go and get the blood, we'll do bussiness when you come back.

Kyrian
2007-03-28, 07:27 PM
Kyrian nods and heads out the door, looking back to say: Good luck with the game.

Lykan
2007-03-28, 07:32 PM
He shrugs

Bosses are easy, stupid melee is difficult.

AmberVael
2007-03-28, 10:36 PM
Aesa appears, leaning against the doorframe.
Goddess blood, eh?

Lykan
2007-03-28, 10:40 PM
Lykan chuckles

I figured you'd be one of the people to take up this offer.

AmberVael
2007-03-28, 10:40 PM
And so I am.
What do I get out of it?
Aesa walks over towards him.

Lykan
2007-03-28, 10:45 PM
He bites his lip, and activates his divine sense

For you... 40,000 per vial store credit? I only need 2 vials.

AmberVael
2007-03-28, 10:48 PM
Aesa nods.
Fair enough.
She speaks low, soft words and then a cut appears along her arm. The blood gathers into a sickening, hovering pool, and then drains into two vials she summons.
This do?

Lykan
2007-03-28, 10:52 PM
Lykan nods, producing papers claiming that Aesa has 80,000 Gp store credit and handing them over

Plan on spending that now or later?

AmberVael
2007-03-28, 10:54 PM
I'll stop by later... I'm rather busy at the moment.
See you around.
She goes out the door and vanishes with the papers.

Lykan
2007-03-28, 10:57 PM
Lykan grins, holding the blood up to the light before going downstairs and depositing the blood with his other materials at the lab

Madmal
2007-03-28, 11:02 PM
*A big white rat dashes down the stairs to the lab, followed by a quite large Blue Russian Cat; both creatures begin to wrestle around around the place, bumping into several objects while on their frenzy*

Lykan
2007-03-28, 11:06 PM
Lykan doesn't hear the ruckas at first, then with a loud *CRASH!*...

What the hell?

Lykan goes downstairs, to find that several of his materials have been speilled about the floor, including one of the newly attained vials of blood, and some spines from some unknowned creature

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS! GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE! NOW!

Lykan
2007-03-29, 08:08 PM
In the basement of the workshop

Throughout the last 20 hours, As Lykan was cleaning up his lab, Aesa's blood began to react with the spines spilled about the floor... The blood crackles with electricity, and reforms into a blob, which begins to grow shapes... Arms, legs, fingers, toes... A head, a tail, and wings...

The blood begins to wash away, revealing a slightly orange skinned baby, with a pair of flimsy looking bat wings and a spiney tail, jet black hair, and yellow eyes. It wails loudly

What the...

Lykan winds the little creature-child on the floor, and picks it up, carefully. Some ruined labels on the floor say "Goddess Blood" and "Manticore Spines"

... Well... This is new.

He clans up the remains of the spills sin that area and goes upstairs, holding the baby

You better hope Mhina likes you.

The manticore-human-baby-thing giggles a bit, its tail swishing around in the air as Lykan shuts the door to the lab, and puts the thing down on the store counter. He sighs

Oi vey...

AmberVael
2007-03-29, 11:31 PM
An illusion of Aesa appears outside. She is not entirely sure she wants to go in.
But she does anyways. Curiousity, a fasincation with life and death draws her.

Lykan
2007-03-29, 11:34 PM
Inside, Lykan is chasing around what appears to be a 2 year old boy with small bat wings, a spikey tail, black hair, and yellow eyes

Get back here with that! That's dangerous!

The boy laughs, holding a small red orb out in front of him as he runs

AmberVael
2007-03-29, 11:36 PM
Aesa sighs and leans against the doorframe, slightly irritated, quite interested, and rather amused as well.
Hello there.

Lykan
2007-03-29, 11:43 PM
Lykan tackles the boy, twisting him into the air as he does, causing the boy to accidently let go of the orb. Lykan catches it midair with telekinetic force, and he puts down the boy, who just rns off into the shop again

... That kid's caused me nothing but pure pandemonium since I found him...

AmberVael
2007-03-29, 11:45 PM
Aesa chuckles.
Sounds like it was my blood then.

Lykan
2007-03-29, 11:50 PM
Lykan gets up again, biting his lip

Well... I must admit, I'm not to familiar with the traits of goddess blood...

He catches the kid telekinetically and makes him float midair in front of him. The child tries to wrench himself from midair, and when unsuccessful, flicks a spike at Lykan, which just bouces off his fur.

... Have you ever seen something like this?

AmberVael
2007-03-29, 11:53 PM
By Hel, no. If my blood made creatures all the time, there would be a lot of them...

Lykan
2007-03-29, 11:58 PM
Lykan bites his lip

Well... Looks like it was an environmental thing, then...

He looks at the manticore boy, and frowns

It's weird. He's aged superfast for the last few hours, and displays intellect far beyond even most adults I've met.

He looks back to Aesa

And before you go on about how "he's just like you," again, he's also terminally sick... One of the first things he did when I took him up here was that he started coughing up blood.

Apperently, the creation of life on a labratory floor won't yield healthy results in the future.

The boy looks at Aesa curiously, and sniffs the air. His tail twitches.

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 12:12 AM
Time manipulation... intelligence? I'm not dumb... I know alot... but there are smarter people here than me.
But unhealthy? I guess its understandable...
Aesa appears, smells, and in all manners seems to be there. She leans down a little to look at the boy.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 12:15 AM
The boy struggles against the power holding him aloft, though goes placid as she leans in closer.

Yeah... I actually wouldn't feel so bad if he wasn't...

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 12:18 AM
Do you think there is any way to... I don't know... fix that?
Aesa tilts her head and looks at him.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 12:20 AM
He shakes his head

Hey, I don't even understand the concept of how he was created...

The boy returns her stare

Fix that!

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 12:22 AM
Okay, true. Maybe I could try something... but I'd have to figure out more about him first.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 12:27 AM
Okay true maybe I could try...

The boy seems to be trying to remember the rest of what Aesa said, gives up, and tries struggling again, beating it's undersized wings

Lykan nods

I don't think he should leave this place yet... Not until I know he has some sort of immunities.

Some sort of immunininities!

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 12:29 AM
Aesa reaches out a hand towards him, nodding in agreement with Lykan.
Might want to put him where he won't smash up things though.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 12:33 AM
He nods

I have a livings quarters upstairs where I can probably keep him.

Living upstairs I can keep him!

Lykan sighs

He's been parroting me all night.

Parrot!

The boy looks curiously at Aesa as she reaches towards him, reaching out with a clawed hand himself towards the goddess.

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 12:36 AM
Aesa gently puts her hand on his head.
So... where does this put me?

Lykan
2007-03-30, 12:38 AM
Lykan bites his lip, as the boy laughs and flaps his wings, grabbing the hand and holding it against his head

Come again? I don't understand your question.

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 12:41 AM
I mean, he has my blood... but I'm not exactly sure how I fit into this or what I should be doing.
Aesa continues to watch the boy.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 12:47 AM
Lykan bites his lip

Well...

He sighs

I'd prefer to keep him here, but you can still take him every once and a while, if you want.

Lykan shrugs, releasing the boy from the spell, and he drops to the ground, and hops over to Aesa

My blood?

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 12:48 AM
I...
Well...
Aesa seems hesitant, but smiles at the boy.
Yes.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 12:53 AM
Lykan nods

Look... You'll have some time to think about it, and he won't be leaving anytime soon...

The manticore child bounces around Aesa, his tail flicking every which way as he does, and his wings flapping in a botched attempt to take off from teh ground

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 12:56 AM
I wouldn't assume that if I were you. He looks like he might bounce out the door.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 12:59 AM
Lykan grins

I've gotten some precautions set up just in case he tries to get out.

The boy bounces around some more, and leaps at Aesa

... I should probably name him something.

Ot you can, I really don't care. He's basically kinda your kid...

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 01:00 AM
Aesa tries to snatch him out of the air as he leaps at her.
Yeah, I've been thinking about that.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 01:04 AM
The boy laughs as he's caught

Lykan nods

Think of anything good?

A shelf behind Lykan collapses as the boy subconsiously flicks a spike at it. Lykan groans

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 01:05 AM
No, not names. The fact that he is sort of my kid...
Aesa sigh and looks at him with a half smile.
I really need to get going though.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 01:09 AM
Lykan nods

Alright. Me and this little ball of chaos will be here, if you're looking to see him again.

Pandemonium!

... Well, he's learning quick...

The boy giggles and his tail twitches as he looks up at Aesa again

My blood?

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 01:11 AM
Aesa smiles at him.
I'll be back.
She sets the boy down.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 01:14 AM
Lykan smiles slightly as the boy looks longingly at his "mother"

See you Aesa. C'mon, you...

Lykan takes the boy's hand and leads him upstairs

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 01:15 AM
Aesa vanishes.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-30, 08:34 AM
((Haha, kudos on an EXTREMELY entertaining scene, you two. I had to drop it last night but instantly checked for updates this morning))

Lykan
2007-03-30, 05:38 PM
Lykan tries teaching the boy some Common with a big blackboard, which seems to have appeared out of nowhere. He points to a big letter C

What is this?

A 'C'!

Lykan smiles

And what words have the letter 'C' in them?

The boy pauses for a moment

Clock.

Yep. Anything else?

... Cacophony.

Lykan grins again

Been poking around my books, have you?

The boy shakes his head, and Lykan raises an eyebrow

Then where'd you hear it before?

The boy taps his head, thinking

You said cacophony. Last night. When I knocked the armor over.

Lykan chuckles

Right... Okay, moving on. Do you know what this is?

And thus the lessons continue

wxdruid
2007-03-30, 06:39 PM
Gwen wanders into Lykan's shop and looks around.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 06:47 PM
Lykan continues to teach the manticore-child how to read.

A shamanistic-looking lizardfolk makes its way outof another room in the workshop.

Greetings, friend. How may I help you?

wxdruid
2007-03-30, 06:48 PM
Gwen smiles in greeting, Hello, didn't I meet you at Trog's in the fall?

Lykan
2007-03-30, 06:50 PM
Keedak nods, bowing slightly

Yes. You are the sky-mage with the tiger, Gwen. May the spirits bless you, fellow druid.

wxdruid
2007-03-30, 06:53 PM
May your weather always be favorable. It's nice to see you again.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 07:01 PM
He bows

It is mutual, miss Gwen.

He looks around the workshop

May I help you find something?

wxdruid
2007-03-30, 07:04 PM
I tend to be interested in weather type stuff but I don't know where anything like that might be or if Lykan has created such.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 07:09 PM
Keedak nods, beckoning for the elf to follow him

What do you need? A weapon? Armor? Staves? They are all here... If you tell me what you want, I can provide you with some favorable purchases...

wxdruid
2007-03-30, 07:13 PM
I usually prefer staffs, I think I would like something with some cold properties or maybe something with severe weather? Lykan sent me a message that I could get one item.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 07:24 PM
The lizardfolk nods, leading her over to a pine quarterstaff tinged slightly blue, with light blue diamonds set into silver bands on each side. He takes the staff from the weapons wrack where it was placed and hands it to Gwen

This is called Cold Dawn. Among being able to supply you with many cold spells you may not have prepared, it also serves as a powerful melee weapon, freezing opponents in their tracks with every successful strike.

wxdruid
2007-03-30, 07:27 PM
Gwen expertly handles it and closes her eyes as she feels for it's magic.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 07:35 PM
The power within the staff is overwhelming, though quite exillerating at the same time. The power throbs through the staff as though it were a living, breathing thing.

wxdruid
2007-03-30, 07:38 PM
Gwen opens her eyes, smiles and runs one hand down the length of the staff, Sometimes I think Lykan knows me to well. He combines power with beauty.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 07:40 PM
Keedak smiles

So is this what you wish to purchase?

wxdruid
2007-03-30, 07:45 PM
Unless you have something else more interesting, I rather like this staff, it calls to me. Gwen digs out a note from Lykan and hands it to Keedak.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 07:48 PM
Keedak nods, and bows

Come back anytime, Miss Gwen.

Lykan can be seen chasing the manticore child down the stairs

You get back here!

NEVAH!

Both laugh as the persuit continues

wxdruid
2007-03-30, 07:49 PM
Gwen grins, I see Lykan is keeping busy...

Lykan
2007-03-30, 07:54 PM
Lykan snatches the manticore boy from midair and lands in front of Gwen

Hey... Came to pick something up, did you?

She's a druid!

Lykan smiles

That's right, she is.

wxdruid
2007-03-30, 07:57 PM
Yes, I'm a druid, I prefer weather and gardening type magic.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 08:00 PM
Lykan grins as he sets the boy down. The boy pounces at Gwen, laughing

My blood?

wxdruid
2007-03-30, 08:02 PM
Gwen smiles and twirls the staff around him as he pounces, making the air a little colder around him (not enough to be uncomfortable).

blood?

Lykan
2007-03-30, 08:05 PM
The boy stops when he feels the cold, shivering slightly

You're not my blood?

wxdruid
2007-03-30, 08:06 PM
Gwen gestures and brings a breeze to warm him up, No, I don't think I'm your blood. I'm a friend of Lykan's.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 08:10 PM
The boy frowns as he stops shivering

Where's my blood?

He sits on the ground, looking up at Gwen

wxdruid
2007-03-30, 08:12 PM
I don't know, Gwen looks over at Lykan with a questioning look...

Lykan
2007-03-30, 08:15 PM
Lykan shrugs

It's a long story... I think he means Aesa

My blood... The only one with my blood.

Lykan sighs

wxdruid
2007-03-30, 08:16 PM
Gwen looks back down at the boy, I haven't seen Aesa for a long time. Do you have a name?

Lykan
2007-03-30, 08:21 PM
The boy frowns

... No.

Lykan bites his lip

I'm trying to think of something good to name him...

wxdruid
2007-03-30, 08:24 PM
Gwen asks the boy, What's your favorite letter of the alphabet?

Lykan
2007-03-30, 08:30 PM
The boy thinks for a moment

'P'!

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 08:38 PM
Aesa appears, not an illusion this time.
Good evening.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 08:43 PM
The boy smiles and pounces at Aesa

My blood!

Lykan bites his lip

'Lo Aesa.

wxdruid
2007-03-30, 08:44 PM
Hello Aesa

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 08:46 PM
Aesa smiles at the boy and puts a hand on his head.
Is everyone doing well?

Lykan
2007-03-30, 08:49 PM
Lykan nods

I can read now!

wxdruid
2007-03-30, 08:51 PM
I must be going, thank you for the staff Lykan.

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 08:52 PM
Can you now?
Aesa folds her wings against her back and looks at him.
You're learning pretty fast.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 08:58 PM
Lykan smiles

It's a pleasure to supply items to my friends. Come back any time!

The boy nods, smiling

There's 26 letters in the Common alphabet. 'A', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e', 'f', 'g', 'h', 'i', 'j', 'k', 'l', 'm', 'n', 'o', 'p', 'q', 'r', 's', 't', 'u', 'v', 'w', 'x', 'y', and 'z.'

wxdruid
2007-03-30, 09:01 PM
I'll come back when I can, see everyone later. Gwen leaves the shop.

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 09:02 PM
Yes there are...
Aesa narrows her eyes a little.
Are you really learning this?

Lykan
2007-03-30, 09:06 PM
The boy's head tilts to one side as he looks at Aesa in confusion

What do you mean?

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 09:10 PM
Do you already know everything?
Aesa crouches down beside him.
Are you just... remembering?

Lykan
2007-03-30, 09:12 PM
The boy still looks confused

Isn't remembering and learning and keeping it in your head the same?

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 09:16 PM
Aesa smiles.
I don't know. At least, not for you.
She traces a rune in the air.
Do you want to find out?

Lykan
2007-03-30, 09:19 PM
The boy nods, smiling

Okay!

Lykan bites his lip

... Just keep in mind I only taught him one langage so far, alright?

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 09:22 PM
Aesa grins.
Thats perfect, Lykan.
Aesa traces three more runes, and then uses a combined rune sequence to enhance the boy's memory, and to let her into his mind.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 09:24 PM
A look of surprise comes over the boy's face

Blood? Lykan?

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 09:26 PM
What is it?
She tries to figure out what is going on before he says anything.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 09:28 PM
My head feels funny...

Lykan chuckles

Relax. Remember the magic I showed you? She can do it too.

The boy bites his lip, nodding

Nothing appears to be wrong with the boys mind. In fact, it's in perfect state. Her spell is successful in increasing the boy's memory...

Lykan raises an eyebrow

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 09:35 PM
Aesa hums and tries to figure out about how he is learning or if he is learning.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 09:45 PM
The boy seems to have an incredibly organised mind, with his thoughts categorized in a logical fasion, with new thoughts being entered into such groups constantly. Most thoughts are images that bring themselves to the center of the boy's thoughts when he is thinking about them, and dissipear into the groupings once again when his thought process moves onto something else.

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 09:46 PM
Hm.
Nothing relatively "simple" then.
Aesa withdraws from his mind.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 09:48 PM
The boy bites his lip

Blood?

Lykan bites his lip

Find out what you needed?

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 09:50 PM
I did.
Aesa notes the similar mannerism and smiles a little.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 09:54 PM
Lykan nods. The boy grins

Lykan said that everything had a name. Is he right?

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 09:55 PM
Most everything does.
Aesa looks at him and tilts her head.
Why do you ask?

Lykan
2007-03-30, 09:57 PM
The boy bites his lip

What's my name, Blood? Is you name blood, Blood?

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 10:23 PM
My name is Aesa. Your name...
Aesa shrugs.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 10:32 PM
Lykan bites his lip

Still nothing?

The boy grins

Hi Aesa!

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 10:37 PM
Aesa hums, then scribes three runes.
You know...
She adds two more.
I think your name should be Kalar.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 10:53 PM
He smiles

I like it!

Lykan grins

Okay, now I don't have to call him "you" anymore.

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 10:55 PM
Aesa smiles and ruffles his black hair.
Glad to see you both are happy with it.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 10:56 PM
He grins again

Aesa? Can I show you something Lykan taught me while he was looking for more books?

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 10:58 PM
Sure.
Aesa glances at Lykan.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 11:02 PM
Lykan grins

He was bored, and my bookcase is a mess.

Kalar concentrates, and a small sheild of force appears in front of him. He laughs, jumping up in the air

I did it!

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 11:05 PM
Aesa looks at it curiously.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 11:08 PM
Kalar makes the small sheild float around him, and he grins

Wooh!

Lykan bites his lip

Hrmm... Maybe I should teach him some combat stuff tommarow...

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 11:09 PM
Could be interesting.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 11:12 PM
Lykan shrugs, and the manticore boy begins hoping around the room again, tries to take off with his wings, and fails miserably, crashing into the floor. Lykan winces

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 11:14 PM
Aesa shakes her head.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 11:20 PM
Kalar gets up, bites his lip, and bites back his dears as he pulls an arrow out of his arm. Lykan bites his lip and heads out to get to his stash of potions.

Crappit all...

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 11:25 PM
Aesa strides over to the boy and examines his arm, trying to figure out if it was just an arrow or if it had some special effect.
She uses Analyze Dweomer on the arrow as an afterthought.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 11:31 PM
The arrow is a +2 wounding arrow. Which pretty much explains why his arm is bleeding so much. He begins to cry, quietly. Lykan comes back with a few healing potions

Wait, do you have this?

AmberVael
2007-03-30, 11:37 PM
Aesa channels positive energy into the wound, letting out a breath as the energy flows from her.

Lykan
2007-03-30, 11:59 PM
The boy bites back the rest of is tears, looking up at Aesa

Thank you.

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 12:05 AM
Aesa puts her arms around him.
Its okay now.

Lykan
2007-03-31, 12:13 AM
Kalar looks a bit surprised by the gesture, though eventually returns it. He smiles slightly,his wings twitching.

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 12:16 AM
Aesa toys a little with his hair, then pulls away and stands.

Lykan
2007-03-31, 12:21 AM
Kalar doesn't let go at first, frowning. He then coughs, a plegmy sound, disgusting sound, and whipes his hands on one of his shoes. It is red.

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 12:24 AM
Aesa sighs and tries to think of what to do.

Lykan
2007-03-31, 12:30 AM
Kalar looks up again

What?

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 12:30 AM
Nothing.
Aesa puts a hand on his shoulder and tries to see if she could improve his health.

Lykan
2007-03-31, 12:38 AM
His condition seems irreversable... The source is unidentifyable, though it seems that his body is just falling apart, internally.

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 12:40 AM
Aesa sighs and runs a hand through his hair.

Lykan
2007-03-31, 12:43 AM
Lykan sighs, leaning against a wall

Kalar smiles up at Aesa

Aesa? Why do you smell like me?

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 12:45 AM
Because you came from my blood.

Lykan
2007-03-31, 12:48 AM
He nods, biting his lip

Howw come nothing else is coming from your blood?

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 12:54 AM
I don't know. I guess its because you're special.

Lykan
2007-03-31, 01:00 AM
Kalar smiles, then coughs again. Flecks of blood fly everywhere

... Sorry...

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 01:10 AM
Aesa winces and uses a small, consititution enhancing spell on him. It wouldn't do much... but it would at least last a while.

Lykan
2007-03-31, 01:19 AM
Kalar bites his lip, his tail twitching when he feels the effects of the spell. He coughs again, though not as much blood seems to be present. He looks up again, shamefully

How come no one else coughs, Aesa?

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 01:23 AM
Because we're...
Aesa hums, trying to figure out how she wanted to say this.
Stronger in that way?

Lykan
2007-03-31, 01:25 AM
He frowns

Why? Why am I not as strong?

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 01:26 AM
...we'll save that for another time. I'm off to bed.

Lykan
2007-03-31, 01:30 AM
He frowns

Okay... Can I see you tommarow?

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 01:30 AM
Aesa nods to him.
Yes. I'll be back tommorow.

Lykan
2007-03-31, 01:33 AM
He smiles, hugging Aesa, his tail swishing around

Goodbye, Aesa...

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 01:36 AM
Goodnight.
Aesa hugs him back and gives him an odd smile.

Lykan
2007-03-31, 01:39 AM
Kalar smiles back and steps away, biting his lip. His tail stops moving as he waves goodbye to her.

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 01:41 AM
Aesa waves, then vanishes in a burst of smoke.
There is a small orb of jet black stone on the ground where she vanished.

Lykan
2007-03-31, 01:43 AM
Kalar looks to Lykan who bites his lip, and nods. Kalar goes over to the stone and picks it up, looking at it closely

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 01:46 AM
The stone is oddly warm, and as Kalar picks it up two strands of leather fall out from under it, neatly joined to it by an unknown fashion.
Altogether it appears to be a necklace of some kind.

Lykan
2007-03-31, 01:47 AM
Kalar smiles and puts it on

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 01:51 AM
Wearing it feels rather comforting, but nothing else.
A close magical examination will find that it seems to target Kalar with a "status" effect that has no range limit, and has a slight enchantment to it to give him a barely noticable comfort.

Lykan
2007-03-31, 01:53 AM
Kalar smiles, contently, and speaks a 'thank you' to the open air before going up to his room and falling asleep. Lykan sighs and closes up the shop.

Lykan
2007-03-31, 02:19 PM
Kalar looks around his room, goes downstairs, and out the door, unhindered by wards or anything else.

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 11:55 PM
Aesa and Kalar appear above the ground. Aesa flies around a little more, the sets down.

Lykan
2007-03-31, 11:57 PM
((tower's protected against teleportation. meh, whatever.))

Kalar grins and hugs Aesa

Lykan comes out from his lab

There you guys are... I was getting worried.

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 12:00 AM
Aesa smiles.
We're doing fine.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 12:05 AM
Lykan grins as Kalar bounces around a bit

What happened to you both today?

I went to Trog's, got attacked several times, found Aesa, met some of her friends, and went to the mountains!

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 12:08 AM
Aesa nods.
Oh, and I uh... had some fun over at the OmniShop.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 12:18 AM
Lykan nods, biting his lip

So that's what that was...

Kalar, oblivious to what happened there, just leaps at Aesa again

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 12:23 AM
I got contracted. Not anything personal.
Aesa catches Kalar.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 12:25 AM
He shrugs

As long as you don't hurt anyone I care about.

Kalar looks up at Aesa, and his eyes go wide again

Gah! I forgot you were trying to turn me into a girl!

Lykan raises an eyebrow, but shakes his head, rolling his eyes

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 12:29 AM
Aesa smiles and sets Kalar down.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 12:33 AM
Kalar yells and runs up and down the stairs. Lykan rubs his temples

So you make him hyper and dump him on me... That's like grade-A chaotic evil right there.

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 12:37 AM
Aesa shrugs.
I didn't mean to. But hey, you didn't have to deal with him all day, did you?
She vanishes.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 12:42 AM
Lykan sighs, and takes Kalar upstairs

Bu-bye, Aesa!

Lykan
2007-04-01, 01:23 PM
Kalar bounces into the shop

Lykan! We're here!

The_Librarian
2007-04-01, 01:30 PM
"Evening Wolfman," the librarian adds, looking around at the workshop in admiration.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 01:40 PM
Lykan slides down the stairs

I've been looking for you. Friends of mine get one free item as part of the grand re-opening of the workshop, and you're one of the people on this esteemed list.

The_Librarian
2007-04-01, 01:43 PM
The librarian looks around in wonder.

"Wow... I mean, are you sure? I already have something of yours, after all - the Phoenix Blade." She smiles. "It's got me out of a few tight spots."

Lykan
2007-04-01, 01:46 PM
He grins

I'm sure. My friends deserve the best quality items

... If I may say so myself.

Kyrian
2007-04-01, 01:48 PM
((Ouch...that hurts... :P))

The_Librarian
2007-04-01, 01:50 PM
The librarian grins.

"There's no doubting the quality. Though... I'm not sure what I'd want. Do you have anything protective? You know, from magic and the like?"

Lykan
2007-04-01, 02:00 PM
He shrugs

Bracers? Armor? Robes? Amlets?

Lots of stuff, really... Any of those sound good?

The_Librarian
2007-04-01, 02:00 PM
The librarian looks thoughtful.

"An amulet," she says.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 02:03 PM
Lykan nods, heading off into the shop and bringing back a small gold chain with a red dragon scale hanging from the end

This should work... Magical protection, and it makes your skin tougher.

The_Librarian
2007-04-01, 02:12 PM
The librarian smiles.

"That's perfect," she says, smiling. "Thank you. I'd better head back home." She turns to leave.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 02:20 PM
Lykan grins

And Libris?

... Congratulations to you.

He heads upstairs

The_Librarian
2007-04-01, 02:23 PM
"Congratu- ****!!!" the librarian curses loudly. She then looks at Kalar in horror. "Don't repeat that!" she says in a panic. Looking a little red, she hurries out of the workshop.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 02:25 PM
Kalar looks utterly confused by that statement but shrugs, just going through the workshop, and continuing to play.

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 11:37 PM
Aesa and Kalar appear, and Aesa pulls out two empty vials from her pouch.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 11:40 PM
Lykan walks downstairs

Good, good... Thanks.

He bites his lip, and adds

I feel really weird for asking this... But any preference of the creature used in the... Erm... "Process" this time?

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 11:42 PM
Not really. Just choose at random or something.
Aesa hides one arm from Kalar as she begins drawing blood from it and putting it in vials.
Considering she is doing this with magic, it might not look suspicious at all.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 11:44 PM
Lykan nods, then raises an eyebrow at Aesa, obviously quite amused

Dressing up as eachother, are we?

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 11:46 PM
Aesa smiles.
Yes.
She heals her wound and then tosses two vials to Lykan. They are ceramic vials, not glass.
Now I have to be getting back... good night.
She vanishes.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 11:48 PM
Lykan chuckles, putting Kalar to bed before heading downsairs with the two ceramic vials of blood.

AmberVael
2007-04-02, 09:40 PM
Aesa appears in the doorway.
Good evening.

Lykan
2007-04-02, 09:44 PM
Lykan grins, as the sound of children at play comes closer and closer down the stairs

Here's Sikka.

A small girl in a dark blue dress and blue and purple feathered wings run down the stairs, being chased by Kalar. Kalar pounces on the girl, and the both fall the floor, laughing. Lykan grins again

AmberVael
2007-04-02, 09:45 PM
Aesa smiles as she watches them.
She's beautiful.

Lykan
2007-04-02, 09:50 PM
Lykan chuckles

Thanks. But then again, you're pretty much complementing yourself in that... Well... Yeah.

The two monster-children roll around on the floor for a bit before Kalar looks up at Aesa

Aesa! I have a sister!

AmberVael
2007-04-02, 09:51 PM
Aesa chuckles at Lykan's comment, and then nods to Kalar.
So I see.

Lykan
2007-04-02, 10:00 PM
Lykan grins again. Kalar lets go of the winged girl and looks up at Aesa with brightly glowing yellow eyes

Who is this?

This is Aesa!

THe little girl squees, and leaps up again, bowing

It is a pleasure to meet you!

Kalar smiles from his possition on the floor

AmberVael
2007-04-02, 10:02 PM
Aesa goes over to Sikka and kneels down beside her, smiling.
I'm glad to meet you, Sikka. How are you?

Lykan
2007-04-02, 10:06 PM
Sikka shrinks a bit in shyness when Aesa kneels next to her, looking at the ground

I am... Umm... Fine?

Lykan smiles

I couldn't find anything wrong with her... I wouldn't get my hopes yet, but it seems she'll survive...

AmberVael
2007-04-02, 10:09 PM
That is very heartening, Lykan.
Aesa smiles comfortingly at Sikka.
Thats good to hear.
She reaches out a single hand to her.

Lykan
2007-04-02, 10:12 PM
Sikka shys away from her touch at first, then reaches back. A small lance of electricity jumps from her hand to Aesa's, and Sikka giggles a bit.

AmberVael
2007-04-02, 10:15 PM
Aesa smiles wider at the electricity and takes her hand.
And how have you been doing, Kalar?

Lykan
2007-04-02, 10:17 PM
Kalar grins

Great! Lykan made me a sister, and we've been playing all day!