PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Non Metamagic Feats for a Sorcerer

LentilNinja
2014-11-24, 05:32 PM
I've been looking around Sorcerer and have been trying to find unique and/or useful feat options that aren't Metamagic ones. I do plan on using Metamagic feats already, I just want to know what other options there are. I know theres Heritage and Reserve feats out there but are they any good? What others are there? This will be for a combat based Sorcerer, one who will be casting damaging, controlling, and defensive spells mostly.

Werephilosopher
2014-11-24, 06:57 PM
Since you're already planning on using metamagic, Rapid Metamagic is a good one.

Ignis6669
2014-11-24, 07:04 PM
I like Versatile Spellcaster from Races of the Dragon. I find that it's useful in enough situations to make it worth the feat slot.

Venger
2014-11-24, 07:05 PM
I like Versatile Spellcaster from Races of the Dragon. I find that it's useful in enough situations to make it worth the feat slot.

Do people build sorcerers without versatile spellcaster?

Troacctid
2014-11-24, 07:23 PM
Summon Elemental and Minor Shapeshift are good for reserve feats, with the former providing lots of utility and the latter giving a big boost to survivability. If you're good-aligned, I'm a fan of Nymph's Kiss, which is always solid if you have a free slot at 1st level. Improved Familiar is nice if you aren't trading your familiar away for some ACF or other.

Ignis6669
2014-11-24, 07:27 PM
Do people build sorcerers without versatile spellcaster?

Personally, I agree. But I have seen a few characters built without it. So... Yeah...

(Un)Inspired
2014-11-24, 07:42 PM
Reserves of Strength is great, doubly so if you conquer the stunned condition.

Fax Celestis
2014-11-24, 08:33 PM
Sherem-Lar and Sherezem-Lar Sorcery. Effective +4 cha for determining Sorcerer spell DCs and bonus spells per day. Plus it makes your eyes green.

Bad Wolf
2014-11-24, 08:36 PM
Searing Spell? It ignores fire resistance and even creatures with immunity still take half damage.