PDA

View Full Version : Reforged?

Extra Anchovies
2014-11-24, 10:48 PM
In short, does it (the Reforged PrC from Races of Eberron, p. 162) have any particular uses? It could have a niche use if several of the feats you want to take have prerequisites that can't be met until after 1st level (or later), especially in a game with flaws, and could also be useful for a social build (racial Cha penalties aside), since you get + class level to bluff, diplomacy, gather info, and sense motive. Has anyone ever played one? Was it worth putting levels into?

Fax Celestis
2014-11-24, 11:04 PM
The only use I've seen for it is in a theoretical artificer/reforged/renegade mastermaker/warforged juggernaut build. "I want to be human oh wait this sucks I changed my mind"

Qwertystop
2014-11-24, 11:17 PM
The only use I've seen for it is in a theoretical artificer/reforged/renegade mastermaker/warforged juggernaut build. "I want to be human oh wait this sucks I changed my mind"

Ha. That'd be amusing. Is it any good? What sticks with you through the changes?

Venger
2014-11-24, 11:24 PM
you can use it to snag some feats late in the game to qualify for stuff, but the class itself is pretty meaningless. it doesn't really do anything.

torrasque666
2014-11-24, 11:25 PM
you can use it to snag some feats late in the game to qualify for stuff, but the class itself is pretty meaningless. it doesn't really do anything.
well, there are the people who think it would let Juggernauts get healing again. Despite that 1x0 still equals 0.

Venger
2014-11-24, 11:28 PM
well, there are the people who think it would let Juggernauts get healing again. Despite that 1x0 still equals 0.

what a waste of time. just use lesser vigor like normal people.

torrasque666
2014-11-24, 11:36 PM
what a waste of time. just use lesser vigor like normal people.
not everyone has all the books anymore.

Fax Celestis
2014-11-25, 12:01 AM
Ha. That'd be amusing. Is it any good? What sticks with you through the changes?
It's absolutely terrible, but funny as hell.

atemu1234
2014-11-25, 08:02 AM
not everyone has all the books anymore.

That's not an altogether uncommon one; mayhaps one of your friends has it?

torrasque666
2014-11-25, 08:08 AM
That's not an altogether uncommon one; mayhaps one of your friends has it?

What i meant was: For a lot of newer players, they will have a bit harder time finding things now. Personally, I have all the books(that I know of)

Fouredged Sword
2014-11-25, 08:10 AM
Two levels are not horrid on a warforged build seeking to gain the ability to heal. Three levels are horrid, never finish the class.

atemu1234
2014-11-25, 08:15 AM
Two levels are not horrid on a warforged build seeking to gain the ability to heal. Three levels are horrid, never finish the class.

To be fair, no matter how you slice it, once you get the ability to cast 9th-level spells as a Wizard/Cleric/Druid/Psion... you are T1-T2. How far into those you get depends on what you do besides, but most Wizards can afford (and do) dip out those three levels, either to get into multiple good PrCs with almost full casting or a single PrC missing three. Never give up more than that, as a general rule.

But dipping out those three into this class would be funny, to say the least. Kind of makes me want to run a sub-op Warforged Bard Reforged.