PDA

View Full Version : Weapon for my Eidolon

bigstipidfighte
2014-11-25, 02:42 AM
In an upcoming game I'm playing a Summoner, but we're primarily using 3.5 material. I'd like to have a biped eidolon wielding a weapon. What should that weapon be? Some info-

He's an angel in fluff.
Str 16, Dex 12, Size Medium
Leaning towards a two-hander, only have one feat so no two-weapon fighting.
Taking weapon proficiency feat for access, so will be using only 1 weapon in all situations. Could take simple weapon proficiency instead, but since I need to carry the item when my eidolon is not around, I'd prefer it to be one weapon over an arsenal.

I thought of the Jovar from Planar handbook, fits the angelic theme, but it's expensive. We're level 1, so cost is a factor, though i could have my eidolon use natural weapons for the first couple of sessions if necessary.

SamsDisciple
2014-11-25, 10:41 AM
Might be good to stick to the classic greatsword then so that it is slightly more cost efficient and a standard good weapon. I think it would be really cool to have the angel carrying around any of the polearm weapons for the reach and the death from above idea. Lastly... Eidolons take their equipment with them when they are dismissed... you don't have to carry around their stuff unless your DM specifically is making you do that.