PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft Infernals/Abyssals

tadkins
2014-11-25, 07:13 AM
Was wondering if something like these existed that a spellcaster could summon.

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wowpedia.org/b/be/Infernal.JPG

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wowpedia.org/0/00/Kraator.jpg
To those unfamiliar, they're basically constructs that fall from the sky as flaming meteors, dealing damage as they hit the ground. Once they land, they rise up as these flame-wreathed creatures to wreak havoc. While in the game they're considered demonic constructs, they don't have to be as such in D&D; I can see them as being elementals of a sort instead.

Anything like that at all here?

Psyren
2014-11-25, 08:24 AM
Fluffwise they're basically Huge fiendish earth elementals (or possibly fiendish golems) that do fire damage with their slams and have a flaming aura of some kind. There is probably a way to do that in 3.5 or you could handwave it.

Urpriest
2014-11-25, 10:44 AM
Fluffwise they're basically Huge fiendish earth elementals (or possibly fiendish golems) that do fire damage with their slams and have a flaming aura of some kind. There is probably a way to do that in 3.5 or you could handwave it.

There are Magma Elementals in Manual of the Planes that are a little closer. But yeah, they're things from that world, you're better off looking for fluff from a D&D world for inspiration.

ShurikVch
2014-11-25, 10:53 AM
Actually, Infernal statted in the Manual of Monsters (Warcraft the RPG)

It's a 16 HD Large Extraplanar Construct;
SA: fire aura, heat, burn, meteoric impact;
SQ: darkvision 60', magic immunity, DR 15/adamantine, construct traits

tadkins
2014-11-25, 03:44 PM
Looks good, thanks all. :)

Yep I figured the Warcraft RPG had 'em statted out, was mainly looking for a D&D alternative or the closest thing to it just in case a DM wouldn't be willing to use the Warcraft stats.

Is there a way to imitate the initial crashing into the ground as a meteor thing with a magma elemental? And give it the fire aura? Some kind of summoning metamagic or feat maybe?

kardar233
2014-11-25, 04:19 PM
I would also say that you could model it on FCII's Hellfire Engine.