PDA

View Full Version : We Brought a Zoo IC

Obscurejones
2014-11-25, 07:42 AM
There are invitations you may decline. And those you cannot. This falls into the latter category. You stand outside a small thatched hut on a deserted island. This location was given to each of you in turn by your contacts in the Silver Pact. You have not been told who lives within the meager dwelling but you have each been assured that propriety and discretion are expected of you when you enter. And that whoever lies within will be giving you your marching orders on behalf of the pact.

Still, you have a few moments before you enter to collect your thoughts, or to speak to your fellow pact members.

Kell_tamer
2014-11-25, 10:26 AM
Leaned against a tree near the hut is a hulking man. Is it a man? He stands upright and has his arms folded. However under the hat is a LOT more facial hair than most men have. A long pipe extends from his rounded mouth. Every so often smoke exits from his flat nose. This APE, who is remarkably well dressed for such, takes a moment to adjust his cravat and looks upon the other folks gathered around him.

Leave it to the pact to assign packs and not tell anyone what was going on beforehand. Oh well. It could be exciting, probably was.

ChaosArchon
2014-11-25, 12:06 PM
Near the dapper ape is a small dog spinning around, trying just the right spot to rest his little butt. Once he finds the right spot, using a combination of instinct, Lunar savviness, and arcane tail-twirling; the pug sits down and patiently waits to see what comes next.

HalfTangible
2014-11-25, 12:18 PM
A bronze skinned western woman stood off to the side, avoiding eye contact and mumbling to herself. She wore a thick leather vest and cloth breeches, reasonably comfortable for the ocean. In her eyes sparkled both the intelligence of a scholar, the cunning of a fox and the confidence of a leader.

It was hard not to look at her for numerous reasons, but the blackened mask, striped tail and gray hair were probably not that important to a group of Lunars. More unusual perhaps was that a raccoon sat perched on her shoulder, eyeing the congregating Lunars like a hawk. Perhaps they would listen in on what she said, and notice that she was speaking old realm with the fluency (though not quite the accent) of a native speaker. Possibly their eyes would be drawn to the scarf around her neck, apparently non-magical and mundane.

Or perhaps simply the woman's good looks, exceptional even for one of the Exalted, drew their eyes. One could hardly blame them.

Worlok
2014-11-25, 01:19 PM
"Go to spot X and await orders. It's on an island. Map's on the back and you don't get a boat. The choice is yours, but I'm a giant squid and you're an ocean-going mammal. Do the math." That had been all his mentor wrote, and given the reclusive seafarer's tough-love approach to teaching newbies, Haskil was quite glad the ink hadn't proved toxic. Not like that really would have been of concern. The elegant black rat emerged from the shrubbery it had been waiting in, assuming first the shape of a lean figure in a plain white mask and then the semblance of an absolutely stunning man of mixed Northwestern ancestry (his own from twenty years ago and not embellished in the slightest, certainly; although even then he resembled his spirit shape) before it did. The smell of pipe smoke in the air alerted the seasoned vice-merchant to his present company well before his dark eyes caught their sight, but what a sight that was: Tearing his gaze away from the hypnotic circling of the tiny dog (with difficulty) and the everything of that there thoughtful-looking lady (with regret), he briefly wondered whether they had all been ordered here before deciding that that had to be the case; so maybe introductions were in order, then? Clearing his throat in a manner that he hoped would not suggest he minded when one smoked, he came to a halt a wee bit outside the sloppy circle that the group's positioning had formed and spoke up with the kind of only-slightly-grating voice most might well have expected of a rodent-man: "So... This the right place, then? You get a missive too?"

josienoms
2014-11-26, 12:00 AM
A woman with eerie grace and inhuman beauty appears, coming from the direction of the beach. Her hair is till dripping wet, and her clothes cling to her body in very interesting ways. She's slender, with long red hair. Her legs are showing under her dress, made of lean muscle and supple bronzed skin. Her hips sway slightly as she approaches the hut.

She pauses by the ape and the dog, giving them an appraising look. She kneels down by the pug and pats his head.

"Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy?"

Entaris
2014-11-26, 09:17 AM
A ship appeared from the fog, seemingly made of planked driftwood stained in blood with gleaming silver-white sails, the figurehead a fair maiden, spattered in blood with a too-wide mouth full of razor sharp teeth. From its deck, a figure can be seen falling into the water, which on closer inspection seemed to be constantly roiling crimson , as though blood boiled at the base of the ship.

A minute passes, and a form rises from the beach, bright green hair shedding water followed by three black, voided oval eyes filled with stars, then a ready smile, all seated on a scarlet silk-on-leather reddingnote with trim the same color as the captain's hair.

Duk'ra shook the awter from his tricorne and replaced it on his head, the water racing from his reddingnote as though fearful of the man, leaving him dry in moments. He slid his hands under the lapels of his reddingnote and took in the group present, noting they who showed the Tattoos just the same as the ones wrapped around his forearms and neck and dissappearing beneath his clothing, Well then, this is beginning to look like an adventure worth having, eh? He remarked over his shoulder to the woman just to his right, who seemed to have just materialized, untouched by wear or rigour, and seemingly imprevious to the sea air whipping through the isle.

ChaosArchon
2014-11-26, 10:52 AM
When the woman pets him, the pug sticks out his tongue and pants like all happy pugs do. Indeed his tail spins as if it were drilling into the sky itself, to show his pleasure at being petted by a beautiful woman. Of course, he wasn't a normal pug so his interests didn't end there and he attempted to peek at the... (from his point of view) large tracts of land bent in front of him, his tail wagging all the more quickly.

BrotherLeonidas
2014-11-27, 10:05 AM
Be careful....careful squawks the beautifully colored parrot nestled in the tree over the giant ape.He pees....pees the bird continues, onlookers note silver swirls break up bright azure feathers.

JonRG
2014-11-27, 11:30 PM
Your conversation is interrupted by the sound of breaking glass from within the hut.

josienoms
2014-11-27, 11:43 PM
Ew." She starts to walk away from the pug, when she hears the breaking glass.

She goes over to investigate, opening the door slightly and looking the crack.

HalfTangible
2014-11-28, 02:46 AM
Two faces with raccoon masks looked up sharply at the noise within the building. Gears turned very quickly in the head of Five Truths Arcane, and she reached for her essence as she stepped forward to the cottage. Naul growled low at their destination.

Entaris
2014-11-28, 07:07 AM
The green-haired captain took a slightly less subtle approach to the woman, stepping up beside her and planting his foot in the door, sending it flying open,

"Oi! What is all this noise, ey?" He shouted, very much a ship's master in his voice.

ChaosArchon
2014-11-28, 12:26 PM
As the parrot squawks his venomous lies, the little pug growls and bares its teeth. When the woman walks away in disgust the pug whimpers sadly and his tail stops wagging.

Before the glass even breaks, Cyrus senses something is amiss within the hut. A dog's hearing is renown for it's superiority to others' hearing and thus he hears the event before the others do. Rushing towards the tent, flesh and fur warps and contorts until in the place of a pug stands a giant weasel whose pale white fur glistens in the Sun. With all the dexterity of its race, the weasel slides into the hut, fangs bared and ready to strike.

Kell_tamer
2014-11-28, 12:30 PM
The gorilla reaches into a pouch, producing a large moonsilver alchemical weapon. Clearly an magic flame piece. He approaches the door slowly and deliberately.

Worlok
2014-11-28, 03:59 PM
An adventure worth having. Easy to say when you don't have to swim to its starting point. His own question unlikely to be answered as the others talked among themselves, he had resumed quietly monitoring his environs, but the breaking glass and subsequent rush at the door still surprised the rat: A moment's fright scaring the young(-looking) man back into his glossy-furred rodent form as he managed to sidestep his onrushing co-Exalts, Haskil took his good time approaching as he matched the gorilla's pace, further slowed by his shorter legs. Then again, I flew. And what's in there is likely what this whole affair is all about. Who knows, maybe it's just somebody dropped their drink just there...

Recaiden
2014-11-28, 05:29 PM
A second ship makes anchor off from the island, keeping a safe distance from the blood-roiling other vessel. It's a tall double-masted thing with silvery sails and a trail of smoke rising from the aft deck.

Over the water comes zipping a tiny hummingbird, silver patterning its feathers.

It looks like they aren't too late for this overly cryptic mission after all, everyone else is just now heading in the door.
The bird buzzes up, wings a blur, and hovers a bit behind the gorilla.

BrotherLeonidas
2014-11-28, 06:28 PM
Birds of a color flock together.......together the parrot whispers to his flying compatriot. The rather large bird seems far more interested in chit chat than the hut of doom.

Obscurejones
2014-11-29, 12:02 AM
Within the hut opens into a great hall, its ceiling rising so high that you question rather it merely fades from view or if there are possibly clouds floating above. The ground is cool, and slightly wet, roughly hewn from stone. Tables made of thick slabs of granite run down the length of the hall leading to a massive stone throne. Across the arms of the throne lies a trident. Standing before it is a young man. A small scattered pile of glass shards lies at his side. As you enter and call he looks back over his shoulder. Nodding to himself he starts back towards the entrance, moving to meet your party in the middle of the hall. As he draws nearer his features are made plain. He is a handsome youth, with dark features and skin so dark that there almost seems to be a blue shine to its blackness. Small symmetrical white patches appear on his face. His hair is slicked back, faintly wet and glistening black.

ChaosArchon
2014-11-29, 12:13 AM
The ice weasel stops baring his fangs once he enters and stands up on his hind legs, his body easily now standing at about six feet while his four foot long tail still writhed behind his body. The weasel's pitch black eyes gaze through at the man while he waits for the others to enter or for the being to speak.

HalfTangible
2014-11-29, 12:37 AM
Truth looked about the hall's great ceiling and walls, her tail flicking to the side. Her eyes were sparkling with interest as they darted about, looking with the eyes of a Lunar sorceress. "An interesting construction." Truth mused to herself. "I should look into procuring one of these at a later date..."

Naul had fixed his eyes on the young man before them, no longer growling but wearing an angry glare.

Seeing what Five Truths Arcane can learn about the magics that make this place work.
Intelligence 5 + Occult 5 (Or lore 3, with +2 for sorcery. Whichever you prefer to think it is. Though personally I like 'occult')
[roll0]

josienoms
2014-11-29, 12:50 AM
Medea walks into the hut, one eyebrow quirked in a quizzical expression. As she sees the man approaching the group, she bows her head slightly.

"I take it that you're our host?"

Kell_tamer
2014-11-29, 01:20 AM
The gorilla blinks as the cigar in its mouth drops to the floor. The revolver lowers but does not holster though he knows it would be moot if it came to it.

He removes his hat and bows his head out of respect.

Entaris
2014-11-29, 08:26 AM
Nearly simultaneously with the gorilla, the Green-haired Captain quickly plants both feet on the ground, eyes flitting from the throne and trident to the "man" briefly. By the Ocean Father's seashell codpiece... He barely breathed out, pulling the tricorne reverently from his head and bringing it to his chest, bowing slightly. He swatted the other's near him to do the same.

Standing, he uncharacteristically fidgetted a moment before seeming to reach a decision, Captain Duk'ra Kenniseer, and collegues, reporting as ordered, Admiral. He flinched inwardly, not entirely certain what the ettiquette was for addressing a thousand-year-old Lunar general of an army that no longer exists.

Shoulda used my Given Name. Hope he isn't as testy as legend says. He worried to himself.

Recaiden
2014-11-29, 06:24 PM
The hummingbird flits inside, understanding a little more the secrecy and lack of information when she sees this impossible place.

Once there she buzzes back and forth near the parrot, chirping a greeting.

Obscurejones
2014-11-29, 07:58 PM
The Admiral comes to a stop. Takes a stance, his legs akimbo, hands held behind his back. His expression shifts slightly from a frown to a slight smile as some of the assembled number recognize his markings and the trappings of his office.
"I would count your blessings as a pack that my door will not remain broken. Good day. I have been asked to brief you before your journey. To give you notice of the pecularities in my chosen region of the world. There are several.

There have been tales of raids on ships traveling to the north of here. Roughly a days journey with a good wind. The peculiarity is that none can recall the faces of those who made off with their goods. Vicious wounds, scars, destroyed merchant vessels. But never a face to the fight. Only the broken signs of a pirates passing.

To the south there is tale of a treasure. We are unsure what it may be, but it is sought by the chosen of the sun. Their ship bears the sigil of a golden ram. They seek a weapon of some sort. It may prove useful in furthering your investigation.

Further to the west... There be monsters. I have kept the vigil and kept them from the pact for an age. But if the pact wishes to operate within these lands they will awake. Keep watch for them. And I would advise you flee their gaze. They are not to be trifled with by neophytes."
The Admiral gestures and a pair of maps appear in front of him.
"I will keep the peace here. When you've found out either mystery the other will be here waiting for you. Perhaps my agents will have further plots to investigate."

josienoms
2014-11-30, 01:19 AM
"A-admiral."

Medea's confidence falters. Her eyes go wide as she realizes just who her host is. She had simply tried to be polite before, but now... Things were different.

"I'd like to mention I had no part in breaking your door, my lord."

Why did she suddenly become so flustered? This was unlike her.

"At any rate, I would rather not face an unknown threat unprepared. I would follow your counsel, and search for the weapon sought by the Sun-Chosen. That is simply my opinion."

She glances at the others.

Entaris
2014-11-30, 03:18 AM
North? NORTH?! My North?! Ravaged? Not be me, no, not by me. This is a problem. My problem. The Green-Haired Captain's eyes lose all starlight, looking for all the world like three gaping ovals leading into the Void for a moment as the news sets an internal fire ablaze in his soul.

Once Grand Admiral Leviathan finishes, he reflexively steps forward and snatches up the map with the location of the attacks on it, eyes bright once more. The waters of the North are My territory. These attackers will suffer an audience with Depths Unyeilding. He states, as though it was already a done thing, and take a place ten feet to the left of the Admiral, making it obvious he was looking for volunteers.

Recaiden
2014-11-30, 04:03 AM
The hummingbird darts over to dance in the air around Medea, its tiny head bobbing, to those who care to look.

South, Solars, Secret weapons. That's the way to go.

HalfTangible
2014-11-30, 12:56 PM
"No one can remember their faces, hm?" Truth perked up on hearing that little tidbit. She'd been under the impression she would have nothing to investigate before they reached their final destination. She moved to stand next to the green-haired captain - Duk'ra Kenniseer, was it? "An intriguing riddle, territory to defend, and lives to save? Count me in."

The raccoon growled, glancing at Medea as he did so.

Truths rolled her eyes. "No complaining."

Kell_tamer
2014-11-30, 01:09 PM
The gorilla puts the revolver away completely.

"Am I to understand we are attempting to acquire the weapon before the returned Solars?"

BrotherLeonidas
2014-11-30, 05:53 PM
Tazaki still very much a bird, waddles into the fray with taloned steps. Perhaps we should split up our efforts, cover more ground, I can maintain communication between both parties, coordinate aid, news he states matter of factly in a deep voice not heard by his new companions. How far are these destinations roughly Grand Admiral Leviathan? the bird questions the elder.

ChaosArchon
2014-11-30, 08:24 PM
At the mention of a treasure, the ice weasel grins. This isn't a grin of joy, or even excitement, no it is the grin worn by every Guild factor, thief, and Dynast; the grin of complete and total avarice. Cyrus looks at his gorilla captain with this grin, making where he wishes visibly apparent to his friend.

Worlok
2014-12-02, 12:39 PM
Admiral Leviathan. That Admiral Leviathan. Having braved the doorstep after all, Haskil was almost less surprised by who inhabited the little hut than he'd been by the fact that its outside appearance had deceived him so. But then, that was just one of many things he'd figure out in time and if there was one thing his mentor's "Having survived a week with me makes you a natural Full Moon Caste"-brand of tutelage had managed to instill him with, it was that one should listen when the bigger Lunars talked. Not necessarily the older ones, mind you, but still... and then this guy was both. Sooo... Ancient sun treasure or faceless stealth pirates? That's gonna be a tough call, I just know it... Matching not the pace of the gorilla, but the grinning of the ice weasel this time around, the little rat made sure to not stand out too much as he positioned himself near the two of them. Only at the parrot's part did he come to a realization, as expressed by a "Good thinking!" wink at the colorful bird who would likely not notice it at this angle: And so can I, come to think of it. Who knows, there may be a share of each prize in this for me. Just have to time it right, I reckon. And speaking of communication... "And if you would, Grand Admiral, could you describe these... monsters you had spoken of, please?" Not like I'd seek them out, but... "Just in case? I mean, there's little telling where a chase like this might lead and if we do start operating there..." He left that last sentence unfinished, voice having perpetually diminished in volume as he'd approached the end. It would not suit him to be known for the old coward that he was. At least not right away. But then it sounded like a fairly understandable concern to him, and making preparations was what he knew best...

Obscurejones
2014-12-04, 12:37 AM
"They are each roughly a days journey by a swift ship.

As for the treasure, we have heard reports that it may be moonsilver. And potent enough to be worth keeping from the hands of those who might use it recklessly.

As for the monsters..."
He hangs his head for a moment.
"I cannot speak of them. To give you the warnings I did violated an oath that I did not take lightly. I have no wish to further shatter it."

Entaris
2014-12-04, 04:10 AM
The green-haired captain shrugs as the discussion continues, And if these attacks in the north continue, the Silver Prince will have free reign to expand his control over the Archipeligo. Then he'll most liekly turn south, towards this precious "weapon" He theorized.

josienoms
2014-12-04, 11:12 AM
"I thank you for your patience and willingness to help us, Admiral."

Medea inclines her head deeply, back to her fully composed and collected self.

"It would appear that that we are to split up. I think it wise to handle both threats at once."

Recaiden
2014-12-05, 02:02 PM
So it looks like three north, three south, and one indecisive greedy weasel.

This helps justify Leviathan's silence. Still, the feeling this hummingbird most has is curiosity. What could force the elder to make such an obviously wrong decision?

Worlok
2014-12-10, 11:49 AM
"I understand. Thank you, Admiral." Having given his thanks, the rat briefly fell silent, torn as to whether he should now take action helping to organize the groups or await further proceedings. Then two of the others said their part. "Agreed... and time's a-wasting, as it seems; let's sort out who'll be going where now and set sail soon as we can. You, Captain Keniseer, intend to head the Northern group?" Haskil adressed the green-haired man with all respectful poise his rodent form allowed. "I shall be heading South, myself; as I am without vessel at this time, I hope somebody can accommodate another set of hands." That last part went in the direction of the weasel and gorilla, said with a subtle note of hope, before the rat remembered something else: "And... uh... my name is Haskil, by the way. Trader by training, seafarer by trade. Now, who will go with whom?"

JonRG
2014-12-11, 12:43 PM
Leviathan nods curtly. "You have your tasks. See to them." With a wave of his hand, the majestic room vanishes, and the group is deposited unceremoniously in front of a ramshackle hut. Though it looks identical to the one you entered, this dwelling has a perfectly intact door. Huh.

HalfTangible
2014-12-12, 11:36 AM
Five Truths Arcane landed face-down, Naul on her back. The woman grumbled a bit as she pulled herself off of the ground and stretched like a cat waking from a nap. "Well, we got a job to do. Let's get to it."

Entaris
2014-12-12, 11:50 AM
Duk'ra grunts slightly as he turns towards his boat in the distance, Indeed, we do. Well, all board that's comin' aboard. Won't take kindly to stragglers, mind. Have to keep the Maw churning or She gets feisty. He begins barking out to the others, once more the consummate captain as he headed towards the surf.

ChaosArchon
2014-12-12, 12:01 PM
The weasel once again warps and shifts, this time into a rather attractive man wearing a black vest and long, loose white pants. "So captain, shall we depart towards the treasure then?"

josienoms
2014-12-12, 01:59 PM
"I'm not the captain, but I say that we should. We'll have quite the adventure, I think."

She smirks and stands by the gorilla captain, ready to set sail!

Recaiden
2014-12-12, 08:09 PM
The hummingbirds flips over in surprise when they're suddenly back outside, the door intact once again.

Then she buzzes circles around the gorilla and the former weasel before heading off towards her ship.
They have a treasure to find!

Kell_tamer
2014-12-16, 11:43 AM
The gorilla grins. "Always ready to set sail." with a flourish of his coat he makes his way to the Krahken.

Entaris
2014-12-17, 10:23 AM
Duk'ra strides directly into the surf, as naturally as one would enter one's own home. Moments after the man's hat disappear beneath the foam, two enormous body-thick tendrils erupt from the waves and sail back towards the beach to touch down gently in front of the gorilla and the other new crewmember, ready to ferry them aboard.

(OOC: I can't remember the other one XD)

HalfTangible
2014-12-25, 11:58 PM
Truth scooped Naul up into her hands and stepped onto the offered tentacle anyway. They had a mission to accomplish. She winked back at her fellow Lunars as the tentacle carried her presumably to Duk'ra's ship. Naul, on the other hand, clung to his mistress like a frightened child. The giant tentacle carrying them to the bleeding ship surrounded by water might have had something to do with it.

Truth stepped softly onto the ship's deck and eyed the figurehead. Her eyes ran over the bloodstains all over the ship. Ritualistic, probably - unless the captain had tried to get a kraken's heart blood recently. The ship's aesthetic wasn't one she was terribly fond of, but it was certainly done well.

ChaosArchon
2014-12-26, 12:55 AM
As Reginald strolled towards the ship, Cyrus once again warps and shifts into yet another form; this time rather some dog or weasel though, his form changed until he was almost imperceptibly small. His small diaphanous wings fluttered faster than the mortal eye could track as the captain's harbinger dashed through the air to inform the crew of the advent of their captain. Once the silver ladybug reached the ship, he once again took the form of a man. He remains silent, watching the crew with a slight smile and merry in his eye as somebody would have when watching their children behave appropriately, a look equal parts soft and stern. As Reginald boards the ship, Cyrus makes a slight bow and announces,"Captain on deck, at the ready crew!"

JonRG
2015-01-03, 09:45 PM
Team Solar

A rousing cheer goes up among the crew, and they eagerly set to work getting the ship ready to make way.

Team [REDACTED]

The crew quietly and obediently gets under way, headed for the northern waters where Leviathan said the attacks were taking place.

All right, dear children, this is where you split paths. Jones will be handling the Solar adventure, while I will be determining the fate of those with the audacity to go after [REDACTED]. Take the next day or so to talk among yourselves, and then we'll start this **** up in earnest.

Kell_tamer
2015-01-04, 10:37 PM
The captain makes his way to the wheel before resting a massive arm upon it. He looks seriously at his men a moment.

He pulls a cigar from his pocket and using a small lighter ignites it before taking a long puff and letting it out.

"Alright you lads and lasses! Who among you wants to try at outrunning the sun?" He gives a grin. The captain was an ape of few words but they were always meant to inspire great things.

Entaris
2015-01-05, 12:46 AM
The tentacle that dropped Truth wrapped itself around the sturdy mainmast, the white-blue appendage pulling taught and causing the ship to groan like a thing in pain. Instead of the 'normal' panic that would ensue, a rather haggard-looking man stepped faway from the wheel (which seemed far too large for this ship) and shouted,

"Look alive, Dogs! Cap'n on deck!"

The men hurried out of their leisurely holes just in time for the sun to blot out as a large, bulbous form flung itself up from the water towards the mast. By the time any observer's eyes adjust, they see Duk'ra grinning as he slides down the mast, one hand holding a slickened rope. He hops off with practiced grace and sweeps a bow to his new companions,

"The Bladed Maw welcomes you aboard, Miss." He remarks with a chuckle before turning to his First Mate, "We've got us a bit of a dispute back home. North is our heading, boys!" He shouts, to cheers.

HalfTangible
2015-01-05, 01:59 AM
Truth had seen enough as a Lunar to know that they don't deliberately destroy their own property, so she wasn't even remotely surprised that the tentacle was perfectly harmless. What she found more impressive was the fact that no one in the crew panicked or even really looked surprised. This told her that A) this crew had been with this captain a long time B) these mortals were perfectly okay with their captain's status as Anathema, and C) that this tentacle thing was something that the captain regularly did to get onto his ship.

The crew probably wasn't of the Realm, then, and all those here were experienced sailors of the Maw. They were in good hands.

Truth bowed slightly in return, though her eyes stayed looking up at the crew and the captain in particular. "It's quite the ship." she remarked. The raccoon in her arms ran up her arm and over her shoulder. He turned around and hissed at the deck, evidently agitated and uncomfortable.

"Don't be rude, Naul, it's just a little blood." Naul glared at Truth until she rolled her eyes. "Okay, so it's a lot of blood. Most of it is dry, get used to it. We'll be on this ship a while."

Truth removed the pink scarf from her (rather lovely) neck and slung it over one arm. She intended to go below deck soon and she was used to sea air, so there was little need to wear it. "Anything special about sailing on this ship we should know, aside from the obvious?"

Entaris
2015-01-05, 03:04 AM
Duk'ra chuckled at the exchange between Truths and her friend, "The deck's so stained, blood won't even stick anymore. just runs right off. No worries, Little One." He grew solemn breifly, "One rule, though: If it goes overboard, it belongs to the Ocean. Can't have people dying just to save a trinket." He gestured to the roiling waters around the Maw.

JonRG
2015-01-09, 03:07 AM
Team [REDACTED]

You chart a course northward. On the one hand, you're in a hurry, but the last thing you need is a Wyld Hunt on your tail. Duk'ra strikes a balance between the two goals, and you reach the outer perimeter of the scoundrels' territory. "Cap'n!" the lookout calls. "Ship on the horizon!" Looking starboard, you can make out sails in the far distance.

Perception+Awareness for more beyond that.

HalfTangible
2015-01-09, 09:57 AM
Truth looked out over the ship, frowning at the sight before her. She could see the white sails of another ship far in the distance, just close enough now to see. While it was unlikely to be their mysterious faceless raiders just yet, it wasn't impossible. She would remain vigilant. Naul was hanging on her back, taking great care to be as far away from the railing as possible.

Truth would've dived in after him and they'd have both been fine, of course, sharks or no sharks. But they probably wouldn't be let back on the ship, and Naul's fear of the sea was not going to be dissuaded. She needed the captain's orders.

... Technically she wasn't a member of the crew, so the captain couldn't order her to do jack, she reminded herself. This wasn't Humgrat.

Well, he would know more about what to do at sea in this situation than I would. She reasoned. I should defer to the man's ju- the captain's judgement.

... Orders, captain?

---

Perception(3) + Awareness(3) [roll0]

Recaiden
2015-01-11, 09:07 PM
[Team Solar]

Once on deck, the hummingbird resumes the shape of a man, red-haired and silver-tattooed, pointing off in the direction they need to be headed.
"Listen up, crew! We're on a hunt for buried treasure, along with our friends over there. And we aren't the only ones looking for it, get a move on!"
And they should be off; the crew knows their work.

Entaris
2015-01-12, 12:45 AM
Duk'ra sighed inwardly. He had warned them, but it wasn't as though he expected a land-lover to understand that one doesn't simply take a dip with sharks that have been eating ritual sacrifices for decades. The ship on the horizon brought him from his brooding. He looked towards the ship, pulling a spyglass to one of his eyes for a moment before chuckling to himself and handing it back to his first mate, "Habit." He admitted to his guest as the star-flecks became galaxies in his eyes while he turned his Exalted sight to the sails in the distance.

[roll0] Per (3) Aware (1) First Per Ex (3)

josienoms
2015-01-12, 12:11 PM
Medea follows the ape onto his ship, not really sure what she should be doing. When it came down to it, she would be able to fight, but she was more of a talker.

"So, captain..."

She sidles up to the him.

"Where exactly are we going? I know we're after this treasure sought by our golden counterparts, but do we have a place to start looking?"

JonRG
2015-01-13, 12:37 AM
Truth can glean no more from the scene. Perhaps some kind of high-capacity vessel. Du'kra, however, makes note of the tattered sails, severe damage to the starboard hull, and the sparse crew on deck. In his expert opinion, these aren't any sort of pirates. More likely, you're looking at one of their victims.

Entaris
2015-01-13, 03:30 AM
Duk'ra frowned slightly,Make heading for ship on the horizon, boys! Might be picking what's left to take! He shouted, the men coming to and the boat turning on its new heading.

Obscurejones
2015-01-18, 01:27 AM
Team Solars Can Eat It, It in This Case Being Bananas
As your boat manages to while it's way south you notice that the island chains you spy off your bows begin to show the change of directions. At first the beaches merely stretch a little further. Then the islands become more desolate, forests of greenery giving way to floating desserts with brief but potent oases. As you pass one of these desolate islands the sun catches in your eyes, glinting off some far off structure built at the edge of a small copse of palm trees.
Perception! Whichever ability you like can be used provided you use an appropriate stunt.

JonRG
2015-01-18, 02:16 AM
Team Redacted

Du'kra would be hard-pressed to nail down the crew's precise mood. There are only perhaps a half dozen men on the deck, but you can see several figures loitering just inside the deckhouse. Those on deck don't seem to be in any particularly hurry to get away. There's a brief burst of activity as you close the gap, and a middle aged man clambers onto the deck. His jacket sleeves are soaked to the elbow in blood. The man's eyes glint with suppressed rage. He raises a hand sharply...

And waves you in closer.

Entaris
2015-01-18, 09:19 AM
Duk'ra grins and waves, signalling the men to pull in within hailing distance, his first mate making sure men still manned the ballistae while he manned the Twister.

Hail! Come north from Wavecrest. Any word from Coral? He called to the bloody-shirted man.

HalfTangible
2015-01-18, 10:19 AM
Truth could barely believe what she was hearing. The captain had looked on a group of people too damaged and bloodstained to really believe, and had decided to open by asking for news from Coral. She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Captain, may I talk to them? It's unlikely that they're going to assume the ship covered in dried blood, captained by 'Anathema' and surrounded by sharks is friendly."

JonRG
2015-01-18, 09:08 PM
The man spits over the side. "Ain't see Coral this side of Calibration." His voice is hoarse. "So ya boardin' us or what?"

HalfTangible
2015-01-18, 11:17 PM
"Please, there is no need for such hostility, we are not here to rob you." Truth spread out her hands to the man as if welcoming him, and smiled warmly. "We're looking for a group of pirates in the area. We saw the state of your ship, and thought you might be one of their victims. Permission to come aboard? We could try and help with any wounded."

Charisma 4 + Socialize 4
[roll0]

JonRG
2015-01-19, 12:14 AM
The man blinks. "Yer... yer serious? H'all right, ya got my permission. Not like ya need it anyways." With a grunt, he hefts a plank between the two ships. "Welcome aboard the Caritas, such as she is." Presuming you take the man up on his offer, the crew watches you board the ship in awe. Du'kra's appearance may startle them, but the real concern lies with...

"Cap'n, that's a woman!" one sailor shouts, pointing at Truth.

"YA THINK I CAN'T SEE THAT?" the captain roars. The man shrinks back in fear. "Ya really think our luck can get any worse than it is? Fact is, we're done for without 'em." The captain clears his throat. "Sorry 'bout that. Superstitious bunch, we are."

Worlok
2015-01-19, 12:22 AM
Startled out of a momentary distraction by the sudden brightness in his eyes, Haskil squinted for a better look, shielding his sights from the sun's rays with one hand while supporting himself on the railings he leant upon with the other.

Perception + Awareness, unmodified by excellencies at this point in time:

[roll0]

Kell_tamer
2015-01-19, 12:28 AM
From his position at the wheel of his vessel, the ape adjusted his Kufiya and let his vision extend to the miles ahead.

5 motes to get sight all the way up perception awareness 4 sux auto

[rollv]7d10[rollv]

stunt if any
[roll0]

Entaris
2015-01-19, 05:05 AM
Duk'ra continued to smile and wave as the gangplank was lowered, Well, they know of Calibration... He noted to Truths before following the "woman" onto the ship, all grins and nods, Seems..er, seemed to be n awfully nice ship, Caritas. He remarked, using Coral's tradition of calling unknown captains by the name of the ship they run. What sort of foulness has beweathered her decks, I wonder... He offered by way of concern, not wanting to make the man feel pitied.

HalfTangible
2015-01-19, 03:47 PM
The man blinks. "Yer... yer serious? H'all right, ya got my permission. Not like ya need it anyways." With a grunt, he hefts a plank between the two ships. "Welcome aboard the Caritas, such as she is." Presuming you take the man up on his offer, the crew watches you board the ship in awe. Du'kra's appearance may startle them, but the real concern lies with...

"Cap'n, that's a woman!" one sailor shouts, pointing at Truth.

"YA THINK I CAN'T SEE THAT?" the captain roars. The man shrinks back in fear. "Ya really think our luck can get any worse than it is? Fact is, we're done for without 'em." The captain clears his throat. "Sorry 'bout that. Superstitious bunch, we are."

Truth chuckled and gathered Naul up in her arms. "I grew up in the west, I'm fully aware of the various... eccentricities of our people." She stepped over the extended plank, and her smile faded. "What's the situation? Bring us up to speed."

JonRG
2015-01-19, 04:49 PM
Team Redacted

The captain rubs the bridge of his nose, leaving two bloody dabs on either side. "That's just the thing. We don't know. One minute, we're sailin' along just fine. The next, our ship's dead in the water, our cargo's gone, and the crew's a mess. Spent the last hour elbow-deep in my first mate. He didn't make it." The captain sniffs hard. "'Fore he went, he was babblin' somethin' 'bout a Pearl Court. Either of you know what that is?"

Make an Intelligence + Occult roll.

HalfTangible
2015-01-20, 01:17 AM
Team Redacted

The captain rubs the bridge of his nose, leaving two bloody dabs on either side. "That's just the thing. We don't know. One minute, we're sailin' along just fine. The next, our ship's dead in the water, our cargo's gone, and the crew's a mess. Spent the last hour elbow-deep in my first mate. He didn't make it." The captain sniffs hard. "'Fore he went, he was babblin' somethin' 'bout a Pearl Court. Either of you know what that is?"

Make an Intelligence + Occult roll.

Truth's eyes narrowed. "... It's a Raksha court."

She said nothing else, until the raccoon in her arms growled. She glanced at it. "Because that is all I know about the court: it's for Raksha and not spirits. You think Humgrat's got a giant library on the political machinations of evil monsters who are for all intents and purposes as unnatural as unnatural gets?"

The raccoon hissed.

"... Oh, Raksha themselves. Good point, they should know." She pointed to the captain's men. "Raksha are from beyond Creation and have fed on the souls of men since a time before the Empress took her place on the throne of the Realm. Your crew is lucky that any of you are alive, Captain; or sane, for that matter..." She was silent for a moment as she added "You may know them better as the Fair Folk."

Entaris
2015-01-20, 07:34 AM
Duk'ra's ears pricked at the mention of cargo, a star seeming to shoot from one ovoid eye to its neighbor, Took your cargo? That's not terribly Fey... He commented, walking over to lean back against what was left of the mast. ...Unless you were hauling something valuable to the Courts...? He offered as a barb of suspicion, more to dissuade only following this one bit of info. They needed more to go on.

Recaiden
2015-01-20, 01:45 PM
As your boat manages to while it's way south you notice that the island chains you spy off your bows begin to show the change of directions. At first the beaches merely stretch a little further. Then the islands become more desolate, forests of greenery giving way to floating desserts with brief but potent oases. As you pass one of these desolate islands the sun catches in your eyes, glinting off some far off structure built at the edge of a small copse of palm trees.
Perception! Whichever ability you like can be used provided you use an appropriate stunt.

Calm.
That's the only word for this part of the travel. Not a thing to see except empty islands until-

-whatever that structure is-

-shining over there. The captain of Team Solar's other ship slips into his true form; not this human shell, but the winged, sharp-eyed creature of sea and sky that he is underneath and turns newly enhanced senses to make out the details, every bit of its shape deciphered.

[roll0]

JonRG
2015-01-30, 11:19 PM
The captain's jaw drops. "Yer kiddin'. Figures," he replies to Truths before scoffing at Du'kra's insinuation. "Lad, everyone's heard the stories. Why would they steal slaves from us when the Guild just hands 'em over? 'sides, m'no slaver. Don't like carryin' cargo that can seize my ship." Caritas, for introductions have yet to be made, grinds the sole of his shoe against the deck. "Ya said somethin' about helpin' my men?" he inquires of Truths.

HalfTangible
2015-01-30, 11:48 PM
The captain's jaw drops. "Yer kiddin'. Figures," he replies to Truths before scoffing at Du'kra's insinuation. "Lad, everyone's heard the stories. Why would they steal slaves from us when the Guild just hands 'em over? 'sides, m'no slaver. Don't like carryin' cargo that can seize my ship.""Raksha aren't that logical, I'm afraid."

Caritas, for introductions have yet to be made, grinds the sole of his shoe against the deck. "Ya said somethin' about helpin' my men?" he inquires of Truths.

"...Right. Here to help." She glanced at the crew around her, ignoring the flattering (and not-so-flattering) looks she was getting. Naul kept his eyes on the captain. "Where are your wounded? If Fair Folk hit this ship, then what injuries your crew has probably aren't just physical. Is there anyone unusually lethargic or... unhinged?"

She didn't mention that she wasn't much of a doctor. She had more information in her mind than the average library, but that didn't mean she had any practical experience. Hopefully Duk'ra had someone on his ship who could handle that.

Entaris
2015-02-01, 08:08 AM
The only visible portion of the spark of seething rage this stupid man's statements lent him was the briefest of twitches to his lip, which immediately curled into a smirk, Didn't ask what you WEREN'T carrying, did I? He remarked, locking his three star-strewn orbs on the man's own eyes, "Now, once more, more directly... He began, his body turning to face this blood-stained man, a man who was getting dangeorusly close to the limit of his patience. What. Were. You. Hauling? He asked much more directly this time, bringing the full weight of his presence onto the mortal.

[roll0]

Obscurejones
2015-02-03, 10:40 PM
Not all that glitters is... But perhaps...
That sheen. It's some sort of... Massive metal structure.
Why... That's gold! Some sort of massive golden beast! A quadreped rearing up, though the details are still a little dull from so far off.It's a gigantic golden... Ram? And beneath it you see men and women kneeling seeming to beg mercy and benevolence from the men standing on the base of the statue. Three men, standing still and admiring the work.

JonRG
2015-02-04, 03:02 PM
Team [Redacted]

Caritas blinks, and you see the face of a man that is too haggard to know fear. He starts to idly pack a pipe. "Actually, lad, ya didn't ask anythin'. Just... insinuated." Caritas tosses a match aside. "We were carryin' lotus petals. Not ordinary ones." He removes one from his coat lapel and holds it out to Duk'ra. "They're some kinda drug. Magic. They don't gimme a huge rundown, lad. I got a buncha crates and a manifest." Caritas heads back into the deckhouse, beckoning you both to follow.

Okay, this is gonna be an Int check plus whatever skill/specialty you think would apply to knowledge of magic drugs. (Suggested Ones: Craft, Medicine, Occult or Socialize.)

HalfTangible
2015-02-04, 03:26 PM
... Well. That could be the answer. Truth muttered, following the captain.

Int 5 + Occult 5
[roll0]

Entaris
2015-02-05, 06:47 AM
Duk'ra takes the proffered lotus petal with a kercheif from inside his reddingnote and examines it as they walk towards the deckhouse, though he stops just short of entering until done looking at the petal.

JonRG
2015-02-08, 10:15 PM
Nice work. You've heard of bloodpetal, called as such due to its bright red color. It's currently popular with Eastern shamans and oracles due to the visions (some claim hallucinations) that it induces. You're hazy on where the flower actually grows.

You know all of that and also some other things. You're aware that the primary method of intake is boiling the petals in a tea and drinking it. You know their source, even though the Guild keeps their operation under tight wraps. They grow in the Wyld itself.

Caritas leads Truth into the deckhouse, which has become the ship's makeshift infirmary. There were a dozen patients, but only eight continue to be such. A perpetual groan sounds in the air as one sailor or another wishes to make his displeasure known. Those with broken limbs are stable, simply resting out of the elements where they can be monitored. Several others have gruesome cuts across their torsos. One man is missing an eye. Two are unconscious. In the back corner, there is a woeful surgical theater that offers little more than elbow room. Caritas's face contorts with rage. "One-a you numpties couldn't take two seconds to cover up Perri? Fer the Empress's sake!" Caritas says a brief prayer. Before the sheet's pulled over, Truth notices both the gaping hole in the man's stomach and the bruised and battered knuckles of his right hand. In your (admittedly untrained) opinion, his last standing moments were spent punching someone - or something - very hard and being shot at close range by a firewand. Possibly the reverse. The captain sniffs hard and turns to Truth. "Truth be told, there ain't much you can do I haven't done, but I can at least ask a favor. If we stay out here, we're gonna get hit again. That's a fact. Think you could put in a kind word for us with your captain?"

Kell_tamer
2015-02-08, 11:08 PM
An order is barked from the wheel. Hands and claws to deck. The mighty vessel turning toward the commotion as the captain gives orders.

"Bring her in lads! There is commotion and we are inviting ourselves!"

The first age vessel makes it way toward the statue and the occupants of its base.

HalfTangible
2015-02-09, 12:21 AM
Truth frowned slightly at Caritas' request. "I can try, but I can't really guarantee he'll listen. I haven't been part of the crew long." She admitted. "Those flowers... they grow in the Wyld itself. That could be why they wanted the stuff."

She turned to the patients around her, and focused her mind inward. These mortals had done what they could, but she was not mortal. She was a chosen of the Silver Lady (Lord? Truth was a little unclear on how that was supposed to work) and had a mind beyond anyone else on this ship. She searched her memory for something, anything to help the people here.

Surely in all that time studying sorcery, history and seduction she'd learned something about medicinal practice!

She reached to a part of her soul that seemed suffused with silver light, and the essence of the Silver Chair. She felt it flow into her mind, the sensation like fog lifting in her mind. That was always how it seemed to work - Luna didn't lead at the front as Sol might, or prod and guide as one of the Maidens. No, Luna's essence flowed into her blind spots, her prejudices and assumptions and wiped them away. They say that Luna's chosen are the most adaptable of all Exalted, and Truth could believe it. The knowledge that had eluded her grasp a moment ago just seemed so... clear now. Like it was written on the back of her eyelids.

She sighed and opened her eyes. "Let's see what I can do."

Using 5 personal motes in my Second Intelligence Excellency. Attempting to help the injured and sick here in any way Truth can.

Intelligence 5 + Medicine 0
[roll0] + 3 successes (i think it rounds up?)

Entaris
2015-02-09, 06:58 AM
Duk'ra followed the pair into the deckhouse, his eyes going black as a shark's in response to the smell of blood and injury everywhere. Curbing his sudden desire to return them to the Ocean Father, he walked past the two talking and managed to catch a glimpse of the man with the gaping hole in his stomach. Firewand? That didn't feel as though it matched up with what he knew of a Court of fae known for their duels and challenge-seeking dispositions.

His gaze stretched to encompass the room altogether, ingesting every ounce of data to verify or denounse his suspsicion.

Int+Invest+First Int Ex to match the wounds in the infirmary with how the Pearl Court is known to fight.

[roll0]

josienoms
2015-02-09, 10:43 AM
"Inviting ourselves seems a bit rude."

Medea smiles and winks.

"But given the company they'll be receiving, I doubt they'll complain, eh?"

The smile turns into a wicked smirk as the ship approaches.

ChaosArchon
2015-02-11, 10:45 PM
Cyrus similarly grins,"Another adventure, captain? I look forward to our landing." and swiftly morphs into an ice weasel once again and stands atop the bow, his small nose pointing the way to their new destination.

JonRG
2015-02-15, 02:32 AM
Sorry, homeys! I've been sick and sore and stressed and excuses. Have 2 BP for being so darn patient.

With sheer natural intuition, Truth discerns a few details the captain missed. One of the unconscious men has a fever, and from the limited supplies on hand, she manages to bring it down somewhat. The other's concussion just requires some rest. Several cuts are treated to lower risk of infection, and in one case, a sailor's arm seems to be improperly splinted. While he screams cursing after his 'treatment,' (unfortunately requires resetting the bone) he'll probably thank Truth when he can use it again. You've generally improved morale in the infirmary. Caritas says nothing, simply watches in awe as you work.

Duk'ra, meanwhile, uncovers some truths of his own. He can guess that, given those bruised knuckles, the dead sailor likely didn't have a firewand himself. Not a very fair fight. Denizens of the Pearl Court are duelists, after all. They strive to test themselves in battle. He can't determine for sure that it's not the raksha, let alone who was responsible, but he's bloodied the waters some.

HalfTangible
2015-02-15, 03:11 AM
Truth sighed as she stood up from her work, listening to the man curse. Naul angrily hissed from the Lunar's shoulder as she bowed slightly to her patient. "This treatment is in your best interest. I am sorry." She looked to Caritas. "I've done what I can. Excuse me." She walked to Duk'ra, placing a hand on his arm. "Captain, may we speak in private?"

---

"Caritas is convinced that if his men stay here, they'll be attacked again." She said quietly, leaning back against the wall.

Entaris
2015-02-15, 06:08 AM
Bloody is just how I like my water ;)

Duk'ra allowed himself to be pulled to the side, nodding slowly as Truths spoke her concerns, Well, at the moment, I'm almost for letting it happen. The Fey don't use narcotics except for their slaves, so why ransack a ship when one could simply Glamour the lot of them senseless? Two: Firewands? not entirely sporting game for this to be Duelists, eh? Also,this place stinks of Wavecrest filth... He muttered the last to himself moreso than to his companion, hand coming to rest on his chin as he pondered. This may be another Court in the Pearl's seas.

After a moment more of wondering, a slow, wide grin spreads across his features, I do know a place where we can get information. How's your poker face, Truths?

HalfTangible
2015-02-15, 11:35 AM
Bloody is just how I like my water ;)

Duk'ra allowed himself to be pulled to the side, nodding slowly as Truths spoke her concerns, Well, at the moment, I'm almost for letting it happen. The Fey don't use narcotics except for their slaves, so why ransack a ship when one could simply Glamour the lot of them senseless? Two: Firewands? not entirely sporting game for this to be Duelists, eh? Also,this place stinks of Wavecrest filth... He muttered the last to himself moreso than to his companion, hand coming to rest on his chin as he pondered. This may be another Court in the Pearl's seas.

After a moment more of wondering, a slow, wide grin spreads across his features, I do know a place where we can get information. How's your poker face, Truths?Tell him that the crew will draw them in. Like bait on a hook. She thought. He wants the Raksha out of his waters, he'll take them on if you approach it from that angle.

"Well, I'd put good money on it." She said instead, eyes sparkling with mirth at her own joke. "What would you have me do for you, Captain?"

... Luna's claws, that came out wrong.

Entaris
2015-02-16, 05:34 AM
Duk'ra, whose eyes were naturally sparkling, grinned broadly, "Then we should take a trip to the place of my rebirth as a Godblood of Plentimon: The Black Casino." He stated mischeivously, We just need to take these folks to Coral, which is on the way.

HalfTangible
2015-02-16, 12:11 PM
You have at least 2 women on your ship and you want to go to Coral?! Sounds just bloody great, Captain. Shall we go to YuShan next so I may kick Sol in the balls? That sounds about as smart.

Naul may not have understood every word out of Duk'ra's mouth, but he understood full that Truth's muscles tightened up at those words, and knew her well enough to know that he'd frightened her. He growled angrily, swiping at the air with his claws.

"Calm down, boy." Truth patted Naul's head and scratched his ear. "Er... if I may... Bringing them and their cargo onto your ship would encourage the Court to come directly for you on the open sea. We could... fight them there instead? Get 'em out of the waters that way? If we're going to fight them anyway..."

Entaris
2015-02-17, 05:33 AM
The grin permenantly splayed across Duk'ra's face took on a decidedly maniacal bent, Fight them? You misunderstand my intention, my dear... He began, then thought better of the statement and instead turned and walked back into the infirmary/deckhouse, Now that I think about it... He muttered, heading over towards the captain once more, one hand open, palm up, stating simplyPapers.

Any trader legally operating within Coral's lanes would have letters of marque and proof-of-allegiance aboard. If this man knew his routes a territories, he'd understand that his nexxt actions very well may determine the length of his future.

JonRG
2015-02-19, 01:58 AM
Caritas groans slightly, but he reaches into his coat pocket and withdraws an oiled leather pouch. "One of the few things they didn't steal." Inside the pouch are a few parchment sheafs. One is a letter of marque, which bears the seal of Sea Lord Nemoran and the signature of some low-level bureaucrat, issued to a Ryle Keats and the crew of his ship, the Caritas. Another is a certificate of passage which protects them from Coral pirates. The third letter... is from a guildsman, of all things. While it's questionable why the document is even in there, the letter's opening line is even more baffling.

"My Dearest Brother."

Entaris
2015-02-19, 07:39 AM
Ugh...Privateers... Duk'ra sighed inwardly. How he disliked these foreigners floating around his isles, renting citizenship as though it was a commodity. Before his mind could get any farther down the dark, violent path it was headed, the green-haired captain turned his attention to the third letter, taking a step back from the other captain as he read, in case this Guildman had forged this privateer's liscense. The Guild he fully supported, but supplying the Protectorates with right without merit was not something he could stomach.

JonRG
2015-02-20, 12:35 AM
Duk'ra skims the letter. It heaps praise on the captain, telling him that he is a sailor without peer and is no doubt making a great fortune on the high seas. Then it segues (somewhat clumsily) into a request for the Caritas' services. Apparently, the guildsman's normal deliveryman failed to keep favor with his local Coral diplomat and so no longer has a current Certificate of Passage. He begs his brother to come to Eagle's Launch before Calibration if he is willing to make the delivery. Otherwise, the Guild will punish him for this failure.

The Certificate of Passage is in the correct style and color scheme for this month. Duk'ra also senses that the brothers don't have the warmest relationship, and the guildsman wouldn't be writing if he had any other option, such as providing his normal courier with forged documents.

Captain Keats watches Duk'ra read out of the corner of his eye, arms folded across his chest. He scuffs a boot against the deck.

So... I dunno what I said that flagged the captain as a furiner. My intention was that he was from Coral. Whatever it was, maybe ignore it and forgive your fool ST? :smallredface:

Entaris
2015-02-22, 04:27 AM
Duk'ra's mouth quirked slightly as he finished reading, the nebulous arrangements in his eyes somehow conveying amusement as he hands the letters back, Well, seems that's all in order, other than a few lessons in letters for your brother.

He chuckled to himself and looked around the ship, I dare say this won't be seaworthy for a good, long while the way she's sacked and listing. So I offer a proposal of sorts. Me and the Maw will tow you and yours to Azure, or Ironbark if you've got the contacts. We can also take this trouble your brother seems to have upon him onto ourselves so as to assuage any future difficulty this Fey attack could have on your family through damages to your property this day. I'll even attempt to retake the cargo pressganged from you, once I've spoken to my contacts. Do we have an accord?

He said all at once, with hardly a breath in between but in clear and precise language. Of course, he also purposefully left out any mention of payment, as he loved to make a price match the difficulty of the job AFTER the job was done. He waited patiently, hand extended with not a single muscle twitch to betray his vast patience in these matters.

Man+Larc+Hrthstn[rollv]8d10[rollv] I think that's rigth for fast talking

JonRG
2015-02-25, 03:48 PM
The captain mulls over what you've said, then sighs. "Not like I've got any choice." He shakes your hand heartily. A weak cheer goes up from the few conscious sailors in earshot.

Entaris
2015-02-26, 01:08 AM
Duk'ra grins, shaking the man's hand back a bit more firmly than a man his shize aught to muster, Good. I'll just need what boys you can muster to pull out the mooring lines a the fore and prepare to toss them over. He stated, turning toward his ship and shouting the same orders to his men across the gangplank.

JonRG
2015-03-01, 02:38 PM
Keats nods and starts shouting orders. His half-dozen able-bodied crewmen scramble to get you the mooring lines, and in short order, the two ships are lashed together.

HalfTangible
2015-03-05, 11:37 AM
Truth helped where she could, taking any opportunity she saw. The men probably wouldn't like her help (unless they enjoyed the view, she supposed) but that didn't really matter at the moment. When the two ships were lashed together and the ship was being towed, she found Kenniseer again.

"What did you mean when you said I was wrong about trying to fight them? We're going to have to sooner or later, right?"

Entaris
2015-03-06, 07:56 AM
Duk'ra turned his head slightly towards Truths, his remaining two eyes keeping track as his first mate put them on the bearing home. A slight smirk playing across the corner of his mouth closest to the woman.

"May is a powerful word when dealing with the Fey, wetling." He remarked jokingly, "The Pearls can be dealt with. If not..." He lingered over the next thought a moment, the lights in his eyes suddenly seeming to darken, as though the celestial glow was being sucked into a hopeless pit of nothing. "A fight isn't what I would call what would happen next." He chuckled darkly. He blinked a few times, the starlight returning as though from a passing cloud, "Winds at our back. We'll make good time." He commented coolly.

Recaiden
2015-03-06, 06:09 PM
Team Solars, Eating Bananas

((Are those dates right? :smalleek: How did this happen? Jones, if I hold them up this much in the future, leave me behind.))

"Move in to that island. Nobody builds a gold statue that big without resources we want, and it might be our prize itself."
"And be ready for a fight. Boy, get me my armor."

The first age vessel is followed, more slowly, by its second age allies.
A few words in Old Realm, first whispered, then called out.
"My other armor, that is. Be ready. If this goes well you'll have all the essence you can hold for a while."
"Weather-worker! Come down and follow me. We'll have danger and excitement and if things go poorly, things you can loose a storm's full fury on."

Once he's gotten ready, the captain springs from the deck, unfolding his wings, meeting the ominous cloud that has left its perch over the merchant-ship, and soaring over to the island. The poor wingless crew gets to wait.

HalfTangible
2015-03-08, 01:34 PM
Duk'ra turned his head slightly towards Truths, his remaining two eyes keeping track as his first mate put them on the bearing home. A slight smirk playing across the corner of his mouth closest to the woman.

"May is a powerful word when dealing with the Fey, wetling." He remarked jokingly, "The Pearls can be dealt with. If not..." He lingered over the next thought a moment, the lights in his eyes suddenly seeming to darken, as though the celestial glow was being sucked into a hopeless pit of nothing. "A fight isn't what I would call what would happen next." He chuckled darkly. He blinked a few times, the starlight returning as though from a passing cloud, "Winds at our back. We'll make good time." He commented coolly.

.... That's... not an answer.

"... Very well then." She looked out across the sea, adjusting her scarf a little. "To whatever happens next, I suppose.

Entaris
2015-03-09, 01:50 AM
Duk'ra nodded. "To whatever happens next."

In the back of his mind, Depths Unyeilding began to organize what he expected to happen next. There were deals to be struck, debts to be gained and assets to sieze. Everyone outside Coral thought piracy was all done ship-to-ship. A smirk grew across his face. It was indeed going to be a good season.

Obscurejones
2015-03-11, 03:08 PM
As the various lunar crews draw near to the beach the images come into sharper relief. It's certainly a golden ram, being admired by a trio of young men. Well, that's not entirely accurate. One older man, white of beard seems rather pleased with the statue and tries his best to express as much to the kneeling crowd. A dark haired young man is eyeing the statue covetously, and quietly muttering his approval. Tragically they're both being over shouted by the central figure, an insanely handsome blond haired young fellow who is busy screaming at the worshippers. The older fellow tries to calm his compatriot.
"This is atrocious! Honestly, it's like you people have never seen a ram before!"
"They may not have."
"Well I flaired!"
"Flared."
"That's what I said! Honestly, what's the point of saving these idiots if they can't even be bothered to properly praise me!?!"
"Do not overstep your..."
They pause as the Lunars draw near.
"Greetings and what are your-"
"Who the hell are you?"

Kell_tamer
2015-03-11, 03:27 PM
The gorilla disembarks from his vessel. a steady cloud of smoke wafts past his face as he smokes his pipe.

"What a tacky and unnecessary statue..."

ChaosArchon
2015-03-11, 03:28 PM
Cyrus, with his might ice weasel nose, simply looks at the captain and back at the trio currently squabbling, as if to ask how he wanted to deal with this lot.

josienoms
2015-03-11, 09:37 PM
Medea eyes the handsome young man thoroughly, with rather vigorous interest. She raises her eyebrow, and smirks playfully.

"I the hell am very pleased to meet you. Medea Aral."

She extends her hand towards him, with elegance and grace.

Recaiden
2015-03-13, 04:22 AM
Whether a birdlike snake or a snakelike bird, Naia slithers along behind the others, leaving a wide trail in the sand. They don't want to fight these people yet. There would be an angry mob to deal with, and he has no idea how powerful they are.
"Greetings to you." The old man gets a nod.

"Watch your words, Chosen." But the younger, a scowl.

And the dark-haired one a silent smile.

JonRG
2015-03-15, 06:33 PM
The journey is, for the most part, uneventful. Some Coral pirates accost you, but it's a simple matter to display your paperwork and send them on their way. Your guests remain mostly to themselves. If you had to guess, they're still wary of you even though you've saved their lives. This probably bothers one of you more than the other. Considerably more. Eventually, you dock in Azure. The shipyards and streets bustle with the various lowlives, merchants and beggars you've come to know and love. Where to next, my lovelies?

Entaris
2015-03-15, 09:40 PM
It amused Duk'ra that even this many Coralites tried their hand at waylaying his ship. He gave them credit for gumption, but honestly, one does not simply float up to a blood-stained ship and try to make demands of a more popular Coralite. The green-haired captain sighed, a small grin playing along his lips, as his first mate and quartermaster, who now had the same bronze skin and general build, but was male, joined him at the gangplank.

"Fancy a wander around my home?" He asked lightly of Truths, looking towards her, though his three eyes didn't seem entirly focused on her as though they could take in both the woman and the other captain's ship bing moored into drydock across the harbour.

HalfTangible
2015-03-16, 12:15 AM
It amused Duk'ra that even this many Coralites tried their hand at waylaying his ship. He gave them credit for gumption, but honestly, one does not simply float up to a blood-stained ship and try to make demands of a more popular Coralite. The green-haired captain sighed, a small grin playing along his lips, as his first mate and quartermaster, who now had the same bronze skin and general build, but was male, joined him at the gangplank.

"Fancy a wander around my home?" He asked lightly of Truths, looking towards her, though his three eyes didn't seem entirly focused on her as though they could take in both the woman and the other captain's ship bing moored into drydock across the harbour.

There was an interesting contradiction at work here. On the one hand, Truth had lived in the west most of her life, and knew full well how women were treated in Coral. Unlike her fellow, she couldn't make herself into a man, so she'd have to tread lightly. She was in no danger, of course, but she didn't intend to fight her way off the island if it could be avoided. On the other, Naul was already getting cabin fever, Truth was curious about this place and itching to get off of the sea while she still could.

On the third hand, she was brilliant and may very well notice something the good captain missed. Truth had discovered back when she was still Kalani that no one paid attention to you if they thought you were either a servant or dumb.

"...... Sure. Let's... do that." She followed.

Entaris
2015-03-16, 01:51 AM
Duk'ra chuckled at the trepidation crossing Truth's face.

"Just follow me and pretend you weren't on the ship." He shrugged. It wasn't very hard, so why was this woman so weird about going out into Coral? The three eyed pirate shrugged mentally. It didn't matter to him. She could pass herself as any profession or anything that wasn't sea-based, but most outlanders didn't know any of that. Instead, he turned and the four of them headed out into one of his very favorite ports.

JonRG
2015-03-25, 12:19 AM
The port bustles with activity. Thankfully, no one dares hassle a Big Bad Exalt and his retinue. Caritas grumbles that you can find his brother not far from here.

Where will you go first?