PDA

View Full Version : Favorite games on a tablet?

danzibr
2014-11-25, 08:49 AM
I play quite a bit on my iPad. I looked at some lists online, and noticed they're missing a few games I really love, and I reckon there are many games on the iPad (and presumably other tablets) which I'd love to play but am ignorant of.

On iOS I like

Cthulhu Saves the World. It's like... an SNES RPG but with Cthulhu in it. You can specialize your characters as you level up (like having Cthulhu go melee or magic).
Gurk III. Make a party of 3 (one warrior, one archer, one mage), then run around exploring dungeons and stuff. NES graphics.
Final Fantasy I-VI
Lunar: Silver Star Story (I actually haven't downloaded it yet, but I'm sure I'll enjoy playing through it again)
Kingdom Rush and Kingdom Rush: Frontiers (a third, Origins, is coming out soon). Fun tower defense.
DragonVale (silly, I know, but I like it).

And yours?

Avilan the Grey
2014-11-25, 08:52 AM
I admit, I still play Simsons Tap It Out. Going for 2.5 years now.

Other than that... I would LOVE to say "Hearthstone", but since Blizzard apparently backed out of making it for Android for some reason, I haven't played it for a year. I have other games on the PC that I an ONLY play on the pC, so they are the prioroty when I have time to sit there and play.

OrcusMcP
2014-11-25, 09:03 AM
Cthulhu saves the world is good fun, true.

I'm also partial to FTL. It plays really well on a tablet and is very easy to pop in and out of as you need to. I also got the Baldur's Gate 2 tablet app, but haven't had a chance to really put it through its paces yet. The controls don't translate as well from mouse/keyboard to tapping as for some games, but it's still BG2.

Sange
2014-11-25, 03:22 PM
Kingdom Rush + Frontiers + Origins (it is out)
Plague Inc.
Worms 3
Goblin Sword

Knaight
2014-11-25, 04:07 PM
Battle for Wesnoth is very good and exists on tablets (though I generally play the computer version as I don't have a tablet).

Aran Thule
2014-11-26, 09:54 AM
If you like board game conversions then check out Galaxy Trucker, the campaign is done in a silly sense of humour that I'm sure GitP fans will like.
If also has multiplayer and pass to play capability.
So if you want to make space ships from sewer pipes then give it a go :)

Dhavaer
2014-11-26, 03:41 PM
Civ 5 plays pretty well on a Surface Pro.

johnnnrussel
2018-04-11, 05:12 AM
Clash of Clans! Just a big fan of it!

ingridcarley
2018-04-11, 08:22 AM
I like World of the Living Dead:smallwink:along with Crashlands is an adventure game with a lot of other elements. You'll have to level up your character like an RPG, craft and build things, engage in combat with bad guys, and a lot more. It's a huge game with tons to do.