PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Adventuring in the astral plane

Doorhandle
2014-11-25, 06:12 PM
As the name suggest, i'm planning to set a campaign on various bits and pieces of flotsam/jetsam in the astral plane, and there are a few things I need to consider...

1. While i'm A) making several dungeon-like areas input from other planes, B) Could just use creatures that are engaging in planar incursions/travel, and C) having the Desins of Leng being the equivalent of the Gith, I would still like to use a few astral plane natives. What are some good creatures/landmarks that could be found there/homebrewed up?

2. How would resting work? Assumidly you don't need to sleep on the plane, and therefore could not get tiered, so how would you rest to regain spells?

3. What else do i need to consider about adventuring in this plane? Assuredly, I'd work the strange gravity into many encounters.

Milo v3
2014-11-25, 07:40 PM
How would resting work? Assumidly you don't need to sleep on the plane, and therefore could not get tiered, so how would you rest to regain spells?

Likely the same way undead and constructs regain spells by resting without sleep. Though you could use sleep spells or polypurpose panacea spells to them to sleep, but you may want someone awake to aid other the mage back to wakefulness.