PDA

View Full Version : Pact Magic Monsters

prufock
2014-11-26, 07:37 AM
Hey all, I'm running a game that will become very vestige-focused, loosely based on Silverclawshift's First Tale (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?116836-The-SilverClawShift-Campaign-Archives). I am interested in using more monsters similar to the pact magic monsters found in Tome of Magic, but before I put a bunch of work into creating some I figured I would check and see if it's already been done.

So, does anyone know of a source of extra pact magic monsters? Official sources would be best, but I would look at some homebrew too.

Second question, is there a good compendium of homebrew vestiges? I have all the online and Dragon magazine ones, I'm just looking for homebrew right now. I can find some through Google, but they're all scattered and don't seem to be collected in one place (even just linked would be good).

Thanks

Eldan
2014-11-26, 07:41 AM
Morph is probably the best listmaker we have, at least for class-related material. So, see here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?245701-Morph-Bark-s-Homebrew-Tier-Compendium/page22&p=16203724#post16203724)

atemu1234
2014-11-27, 11:34 AM
Secrets of Pact Magic is a third party book you may enjoy.

Zakerst
2014-11-27, 12:07 PM
One thing to consider is maybe adding in some monsters with the possession quality from BoVD, or demons of possession Fiend Folio, and perhaps expanding those that allow it to include the "sprits" from OA, maybe not what you're quite looking for but make deals with these kinds of beings can simulate some of the effects of pact magic and give some expanded uses to spells that affect vistages. (crumpling together detect visage with detect possession (not sure if that one exists, but I think so) and so forth)

Blackhawk748
2014-11-27, 12:43 PM
One thing to consider is maybe adding in some monsters with the possession quality from BoVD, or demons of possession Fiend Folio, and perhaps expanding those that allow it to include the "sprits" from OA, maybe not what you're quite looking for but make deals with these kinds of beings can simulate some of the effects of pact magic and give some expanded uses to spells that affect vistages. (crumpling together detect visage with detect possession (not sure if that one exists, but I think so) and so forth)

I second this as it actually might make me take the spell. Also you may just want to reskin a few monsters and maybe give them a fluffy ability, it does wonders.

Warpwolf16
2014-11-29, 12:52 PM
Secrets and Villains of Pact Magic are awesome resources for more pact magic and monsters.