PDA

View Full Version : No Threads Attached - SotVD

banthesun
2014-11-26, 08:23 AM
"Wow, it's still so light out! It looks so early I'm surprised there aren't more people hanging around!"

Kyoko skipped ahead of the group, glancing out a window at the school grounds. She held a big bag of fabric snugly under her left arm, and the print on the bag making it clear where she'd purchased her supplies. She was exaggerating for effect, of course, but it was true that it still looked a lot earlier than it had last time she'd visited the Home Ec room with Asami.

"Wait, you're really sure the sewing club isn't in?" Kyoko asked for the third time that day. "I still can't believe they let you have the key and everything! You're really in control of your school life!" she said admiringly, before turning to Miyuki. "Hehe, it's like we're in her club or something!"

Kioku
2014-11-26, 11:48 AM
Asami blushes a little at the comments. "I don't have a club," she mutters softly and more than a little shyly while taking out the key in question and fitting it to the lock. That her statement willfully ignores the existence of a quarter of the first year students in the school doesn't seem to bother her much besides making the blush worsen over time before it starts to get better. Entering the room, she looks around to make sure they weren't followed, and that nobody else is around. "Okay, now that nobody else is around, I can tell you my secret evil plan of adorableness," she grins with a conspiratorial whisper.

A Rainy Knight
2014-11-26, 12:36 PM
"Heh... does that make us part of Asami's f-fan club, too?" Miyuki says to Kyoko's comment.

She tags along to the Home Ec room, and leans in to listen to Asami once the coast is clear.

"S-secret plan, huh?" She laughs. "Sounds fun!"

banthesun
2014-11-26, 10:11 PM
Kyoko deposited her bag of fabric on a nearby table and took off her school bag.

Woah, Asami is making sure there's no one else around? She really does have a secret?

"You have a secret plan? I thought we were just going to work on our own projects?" Kyoko whispered back.

Kioku
2014-11-26, 11:30 PM
Asami suppresses her reaction to the phrase 'fan club', but a tiny twitch still gets through. She's rather clearly in denial. Upon questioning, she nods sagely and repeats, "Of adorableness. We are, but my project is a secret, evil, adorable plan. Plus it's complicated enough to make a perfect demonstration of how to do quite a few useful tricks." She takes out a notepad with a long string of numbers written on it and a picture of Tsubaki attached by paperclip. After setting this down, she withdraws a small stack of printed papers - every single one is an image of the Log Horizon character Akatsuki. She looks up with a grin. "And I already have the pattern figured out and the fabric bought."

A Rainy Knight
2014-11-26, 11:58 PM
Miyuki puts her hands to her cheeks and grins.

"Oh, geez... h-haha, this is so great! And Tsubaki doesn't know about this?"

She eagerly flips through the stack of papers, stopping every now and then as if appreciating them, then looks back to Asami.

"C-can I actually help you with this? I mean, it's just that my c-crafting skill probably isn't up to par... h-hehe. After all, I'm s-subclassed as a scribe, not a tailor!"

banthesun
2014-11-27, 12:43 AM
"Huh, what is this?"

Kyoko looked through the papers on the desk. It was Tsubaki and... some anime character? I didn't realise Asami was into this kind of stuff... or did she choose this because Miyuki would like it?

"Are we going to make this for Tsubaki? It's not going to be too hard?"

At least it looked a lot more normal than some anime costumes she'd seen about.

Kioku
2014-11-27, 12:56 AM
"Not at all. The last week or so it's been easier to think clearly, keep track of things. I got some of her measurements from Chika, and the rest..." Asami's grin turns impish and she shrugs. When Miyuki makes the subclass reference she laughs and answers both her and Kyoko's remaining questions at once. "Well, I'm sure you both have projects you want to work on too! But, I've been planning on doing this for a month or so now, and thought it might be fun to get some creative input. Plus Comiket is just over a week after the wedding trip, and still during our break from school, so I'm saving up from my job because I kind of hope to go to that since I've never been to anything like it." She shuffles her feet a little and hops in place a couple times to raise her spirits.

A Rainy Knight
2014-11-27, 02:07 AM
"Y-you really wanna go to Comiket?" Miyuki asks. "D-do you think... um, well, never mind that, for now. How can I h-help you out with your secret project here?"

She keeps flipping through the papers, this time with a particular eye for the design of the outfit.

banthesun
2014-11-27, 03:19 AM
Hmm, isn't Comiket that big otaku thing?

"Huh, Asami, I didn't realise you were into that kind of thing..." Kyoko leant in to study the designs with Miyuki. "Hmmmm, most of it doesn't look that hard, especially for someone like you! But what's with those little red bits, are they raised? How do you do something like that?"

After appraising the costume, Kyoko stepped back to her bag, and pulled out some fabric. "Ta-dah! My project!" she held up two shapes she'd already out, one in a deep blue with a cherry print, and the other a pale blue with a snowy pattern. "I had a lot of trouble choosing between them so, eheheh, I guess I bought both. They're both really soft though, so I guess it's alright? You have to tell me what you think!" She handed the pieces of fabric to Miyuki and Asami with an expectant smile.

Kioku
2014-11-27, 04:01 AM
"I-I guess. I mean, I don't know if it's the sort of thing I'd like since I've never been able to before. But I know I love trying out new things! So it'll be worth the experience no matter what." Asami glances at Miyuki when the latter cuts herself off, suspecting she has a good idea of what she was going to ask - and intending to invite her along if her suspicions are correct. "They're raised. As for how, I guess that's something to show! For help, I guess I just want to make sure it's as true to the character as possible. I'm still pretty new at trying to turn an anime outfit into a real one."

When Kyoko's fabric selections come out, Asami can't help but reach out to run a hand over the cherry print one. Soft indeed! "This is nice... really nice! What are you going to make with it?"

A Rainy Knight
2014-11-28, 12:33 AM
Miyuki takes the fabric and runs her fingers over it before rubbing it against her cheek.

"It's... r-really soft! G-guess I'm just exactly repeating what you said." She hands it back to Kyoko, and nods along with Asami's question. "Yeah, what're you making, anyways?"

banthesun
2014-11-28, 12:44 AM
"It's for my new yukata, silly!" laughed Kyoko. Miyuki wouldn't know about that, but had Asami forgotten too? "I kinda wanted your help with it, Asami. I mean, maybe I should have made it earlier, but it's not like I've missed any festivals I know of!" Kyoko paused and tilted her head. "Hmmm, do you think maybe I'd get a chance to use it when we go to Okinawa?" she asked.

"Anyway! Which one should I use?"

Kioku
2014-11-28, 01:27 AM
Of course! "Why choose? Asami asks with a small smirk. "You could just make both of them, and pick which you want to wear for whatever occasion comes up later! Although I do think it would be good to have something for the trip..." She nods slowly. "Yes, there'll definitely be occasion to wear one, even if you don't consider the wedding itself. Of course I'll still help!"

A Rainy Knight
2014-11-29, 01:10 AM
"I l-like the blue one," Miyuki timidly volunteers. "I t-think that color would look good on you. If that makes any sense..."

She glances back and forth between the two fabrics in some sort of silent analysis, then finally manages to ask her question out loud.

"U-um! Out of curiosity, I was just wondering... w-what color do you think would suit me?"

banthesun
2014-11-29, 01:21 AM
Kyoko rubbed her chin in response to Asami's suggestion. "Hmmm... It seems kinda extravagent to have two yukatas... Heheh, even if I already bought enough fabric for two I guess." She nodded and smiled at Miyuki's response, before pausing to consider her question.

After a moment of thought, Kyoko's eyes lit up. "I've got it!" she remarked with the snap of her fingers. "Miyuki, you're about the same size as me, right? I'll make you one! Here, hold still, I'll just check!"

And with that, Kyoko snatched up a measuring tape from one of the tables and began advancing on Miyuki...

Kioku
2014-11-29, 03:20 AM
Asami swoops forward to take Miyuki's hand in her own and plant a kiss on it with a small teasing wink. "Why, I do believe most anything would suit you, Miyuki-hime." She giggles, breaking the brief mood and deciding to take mercy on her friend. "You know, Kyoko, if she doesn't remember the necessary measurements, I'm sure Tsubaki does. It might be a little less embarrassing to just ask her." Plus there's the kimono that Chika made, but I guess they're still waiting to surprise her with that.

A Rainy Knight
2014-11-29, 10:49 AM
Blushing at all the sudden attention, Miyuki gently takes her hand back from Asami while subconsciously backing away a bit from Kyoko.

"Um, if it's not too much t-trouble to make, I'd appreciate it! That snowy pattern is really pretty. I actually do remember my m-measurements from back when Tsubaki told me, so, um, here..."

Even in this room with nobody around, she goes to Kyoko's side, cups her hands around her ear, and whispers.

"I'm **-**-**. Bust, waist, hips." She backs away, looking down at her clasped hands and blushing yet again, but her figure is actually surprisingly nice for someone who spends most of her time in bed with a computer. Maybe summoning a Persona burns more calories than they thought?

banthesun
2014-11-29, 11:34 PM
What, really? Even though she's on her computer all the time? Maybe I should double check... Errr, why do I get the feeling that could be a really bad move...

"Hmm, let's see..." Kyoko's face was a picture of concerntration, as she worked through some mental arithmetic. "Okay, cool, I think I can do that with the fabric I already cut! I left some room spare in case I had trouble! Uh, I'm still learning how to do this stuff, but hopefully it won't be too messy!"

Kioku
2014-11-30, 12:40 AM
Asami's ear pricks, but she doesn't appear to have overheard. "Don't worry, I said I'd help, and I will with both of them. Just ask if there's something you need or have trouble with!" She takes several steps back to where she was before, to offer personal space, and leans against the table. "Now, I wonder what you might like to try out..."

A Rainy Knight
2014-11-30, 12:49 AM
"Well, when it comes to sewing... l-lead the way! Because my g-girl power is pretty much zero here."

Miyuki takes a moment to appreciate the texture of the snow-print fabric, then turns back to Kyoko and Asami.

"Um, I don't mean to sidetrack you with a s-stupid question that just popped into my head, but... d-do you like your names? I was just thinking - I like mine. 'Beautiful snow.' I always liked it when it was snowing outside, and I felt so c-cozy wrapped up in a blanket inside..."

She scratches her head as she seems to come back out of her memories, and smiles.

banthesun
2014-11-30, 01:59 AM
Kyoko started work on pinning the pieces of fabric together, working on hers first.

"Uh, I guess mine's okay. It's written 'respectful girl,' which is fine, I guess. I think my parents liked the sound of it more than the meaning though. You two have both got really nice name meanings though!"

Kioku
2014-11-30, 02:31 AM
Asami suddenly looks incredibly sad at the question, and pushes herself off the table so that she can turn around and face away, pulling out the material she's brought almost haphazardly. "Y-yes. I like my name." She doesn't seem about to elaborate.

A Rainy Knight
2014-11-30, 09:09 AM
Seeing Asami's reaction, Miyuki opens her mouth to apologize but decides to just leave things be. She walks around the room, first brushing her hand lightly against Asami's back and then standing at Kyoko's side to watch her work.

"S-so, um... are you pretty good at this stuff, then?"

banthesun
2014-11-30, 09:26 AM
What was that all about?

Kyoko worked on slowly pinning the pieces together. This part seemed a lot harder with the larger pieces, or at least was taking a fair amount more pins.

When she heard Miyuki coming up behind her Kyoko glanced over her shoulder. "Uh, Asami said I was, but that kinda came as a surprise," she admitted sheepishly. "I've only done one thing before, and that was a lot smaller. The pattern for this does seem a bit simpler though, uh, apart from the bits I'll need to ask Asami about."

A Rainy Knight
2014-12-01, 11:40 AM
"Oh, okay," Miyuki says, intently watching Kyoko's hands as she works. "Um, I almost f-forgot... thank you very much for making me one, too. It's been a while since I wore one, so I'm actually a l-little excited to see how it turns out!"

Kioku
2014-12-03, 08:41 PM
It's been six and a half years. Stop letting such small things set you off, Asami internally scolds herself. At hearing the back and forth between her friends, she weakly smiles even though she's facing away from the others and it won't be seen. "I s-said that you were good because it's true. I'm certain that they'll turn out good and you'll both look stunning in them." She looks over her shoulder after covering up the rest of the sadness.

banthesun
2014-12-04, 12:13 AM
Kyoko glanced over her shoulder as Asami replied. Was something going on with her?

"Ah, thank you! I still have nothing on your skill though!"

Nevertheless, she was encouraged by Asami's words and Miyuki's thanks, and began pinning the cloth with renewed vigor, finishing her own quickly and moving on to Miyuki's.

"Actually, Miyuki, do you have something you were wanting to work on?" Kyoko asked.

A Rainy Knight
2014-12-06, 12:17 PM
"Um... n-nothing sewing-related," Miyuki admits. "I was just planning on helping you out if there were any, y'know, nice and s-simple tasks for me to do."

Kioku
2014-12-06, 10:31 PM
Seeing the pins through the patterns and fabric makes Asami think of something, which leads to a small giggle and mumbling to herself. "What would people think if... that's silly, no. But it could... hehe..." Shoving aside the rest of her sad thoughts in favor of these new ones, she turns around while still in the middle of laying out all of the pieces of the costume... armor... thing. "We'd need a Minori... and maybe Isuzu..."

banthesun
2014-12-08, 02:27 AM
"Oh? Uh, I'm not sure I have anything for you to do right now..." Kyoko felt a little guilty, like she was responsible for entertaining Miyuki now. Perhaps she could have worked on the the other yukata, but Kyoko had to make some little adjustments to hers. It wasn't anything particularly hard, but Kyoko hadn't printed off the chart she'd seen, and was working from memory. "Uhh... do you know how to set up a sewing machine?" she asked.

Kyoko glanced over her shoulder as Asami giggled. "Hmmm? What's up?"

Kioku
2015-01-01, 08:17 PM
"I was just thinking of how to take this one step beyond. If I can get Tsubaki to wear this, and go to a convention..." She looks around and whispers conspiratorially, but so the other two can both hear. "Do you think Myung-hon would acquiesce to going as well, in her shrine maiden outfit? She could be Minori... we could make it a theme, and get a whole cast of characters!"