PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Help with Rival NPC

Yomega
2014-11-26, 05:01 PM
I am building a rival for the PCs in my game inspired by Rasputin and I could use some help figuring him out.

This is going to be a political section of the game so he does not need to be able to overpower the PCs but he shouldnt be easy to kill either, he has an unexplained DM handwave that he always self resurrects shortly after death and I have the local authority to prevent the PCs from just keeping the body.

All that said so far Im looking at a Human False Priest Sorcerer 6 I dont have a bloodline picked out yet, I want him to be able to convince people he is a 'holy healer' but for the most part I want to stay out of actual divine classes.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Abd al-Azrad
2014-11-27, 04:31 AM
I would go with the Mastermind (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/investigator/archetypes/paizo---investigator-archetypes/mastermind) archetype Investigator (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/investigator). Consider the following:

- Extremely high social skill possibilities with talents like Expanded Inspiration, Hidden Agendas, Inspired Intimidator, and one or two Rogue talents.

- Ability to mimic healing magic with the Infusion alchemist discovery and Extracts such as the Cure Wounds line.

- Insane AC through the Studied Defense talent, adding 1/2 his class level to AC as an insight bonus versus one foe, and Mastermind Defense, which can penalize one opponent's AB at a time by 1-6 points.

- The delightful A Quiet Word ability, which allows the Mastermind to let his minions use his own Diplomacy or Intimidate skill ranks in place of the minion's. Leave secret orders with a chosen goon to intimidate a local priest into Resurrecting your Rasputin after his apparent death... is but one of the possible uses of this ability I can think of.

atemu1234
2014-11-27, 11:33 AM
I personally like an alchemist here.

Yomega
2014-11-27, 01:43 PM
I really love the mastermind archtype, I am going to give him a magical holy symbol that among other things acts as an alchemist lab.

Who would Rasputin worship tho? the points I want to 'preach' are healing and future telling, and lust and alcohol, any good candidates for that kind of scripture?

Being int based is great too since I can use fairy mysteries initiate to bring down the MAD, Fort saves arent all that important to a man who will be immune to poison and just gets back up after gruesome death

atemu1234
2014-11-27, 01:45 PM
I really love the mastermind archtype, I am going to give him a magical holy symbol that among other things acts as an alchemist lab.

Who would Rasputin worship tho? the points I want to 'preach' are healing and future telling, and lust and alcohol, any good candidates for that kind of scripture?

Being int based is great too since I can use fairy mysteries initiate to bring down the MAD, Fort saves arent all that important to a man who will be immune to poison and just gets back up after gruesome death

Dionysus? He'd fit.

Yomega
2014-11-27, 01:59 PM
Well he certainly fits but I just cant get behind the greek gods with the passion and ecstasy I want him to show.

Any others stick out? I would even really like a deity detailed in dnd or pf if possible.