PDA

View Full Version : When the Shadows Fall (IC)

ChaosArchon
2014-11-26, 07:09 PM
Voice of the Sands & Juldia- Gem's gates

You stand at the soot colored stone gates which guard the entrance to the city among a few trading caravans which also made the trek to Gem, in their case in the pursuit of riches, in your case something much more intangible. The gate seems to be manned by four young guards, most likely recruits who had gotten this post because of their inexperience as none of the more veteran guards wanted to be on the surface with the sun shinning high in the sky. They all appear to be sweating, although not as much as many of the people in the caravan are, but are passing a flask of water. All the guards are dressed in white and light gray armor with ash colored cloaks adorning their backs, and each appears to be equipped with a firewand.

After some amount of time, by a stroke of Fate, both of you reach the front of the line at the same time. "Names?" says one of the guards.

The Locust Madonna & Hunter in Darkness

Both of you are walking, or in Locust's case being carried, through one of the tunnels that is adjacent to the Sunken Bazaar. You had just finished a small shopping trip to get some sweets for the children and are now returning. As you walk through the glowstone-lit passage, you can still hear the cacophony of sales from the Bazzar assail your ears.

Mal & Vael thank God, short names for once

You both are in Mal's clinic, the sun streaming in from the windows as you fan yourselves. The heat today above ground is horrendous, but when is it not. There are a few patrons enjoying the soup you two had made, but otherwise the place is devoid of any life as not even a single soul had arrived in need of medical aide.

JonRG
2014-11-26, 11:55 PM
Vael's taken to whittling out of boredom. His only results were a very crude dog (bear?) and a deep cut in his thumb. "Hate ta be a pessimist, but... not seein' the crowds ya promised."

Obscurejones
2014-11-27, 12:02 AM
"It is a rather large city. And one not given overly much to charity. I expect some adaptation will be required by the locals. And the whispers may be cryptic but they are rarely if ever untrue. We are needed here. Or perhaps we will be needed. Although I suppose our talents are currently slightly wasted. Is there some mundane artifice or minor artifact you would like produced?"
As he stands behind the counter Mal drums his fingers on the wooden lacquer. Narrows his eyes just slightly at Igor as the homunculus wanders about the space.

JonRG
2014-11-27, 12:13 AM
Vael shrugs. Drums his fingertips against his knee. It's quite a noisy affair. "Don't need anythin'. Just somethin' ta do, really."

Obscurejones
2014-11-27, 12:17 AM
"You could try to find me a few hundred pounds of pure gold. That would take a fair amount of effort."
Slipping over the counter Mal walks up to Igor and opens up his neck. Frowns at the gears within.

JonRG
2014-11-27, 12:27 AM
Vael watches his curious friend open up a guy's neck to reveal machinery beneath. "Huh. Had my money on reanimated corpse. Construct. Don't see those everyday."

Obscurejones
2014-11-27, 12:31 AM
"To be fair, the animating force is necromantic. Makes the construction a good deal simpler then most artificial beings. Something of Igor's ilk would take me several weeks if self motivating. This only took a day or so. If I have time I hope to improve upon the design, but the complexity is limited by my tier of necromancy. Further descent, further my creations.
Reaching into the open neck he pulls out a gear and checks it for wear.
"The process also breaks down without constant maintenance. You saw as much when you were hunting me."

JonRG
2014-11-27, 01:07 AM
Vael nods. His sculpture clatters to the floor. "... Hundred pounds of gold, ya say? Now where'm I supposed to get that kinda money? Only stuff I got someone'll buy's my horse and this," He displays the golden ring on his left hand. "Speakin' of, could use a refit if yer not busy."

Obscurejones
2014-11-27, 01:09 AM
Without looking up from the gear Mal raises a hand and makes a motion to catch the ring.

JonRG
2014-11-27, 01:12 AM
Vael twists the ring off and tosses it gently. For Dawn values of gently, that is.

OracleofSilence
2014-11-27, 01:19 AM
The Gates

"I go by Sand, sir." His voice was quite, pleasant, carrying the slightest undercurrents of fear and hope. It was good practice. The Speaker of the Sands practically radiated a sense of bruised innocence. Here he was, a simple boy from the desert, entering Gem for the first time, and wholly at the mercy of what seemed all of creation. Never mind the fact that he could probably take all four of the guards apart with his bare hands. In the eyes of the world, everyone had the power but him in this situation.

Jon D
2014-11-27, 06:37 AM
The Gates

"I am Cathak Juldia, and I have business in your city."

Juldia looks down on the guards from horseback, an imperious look on her face. Flowing silks of light blue and cream accent her figure, giving her the appearance of a typical spoiled member of the Realm nobility, for a mortal anyway, until one noticed the worn hilt of her sword, and the other twenty armed soldiers that seemed to follow her every movement with deference.

Kell_tamer
2014-11-27, 12:14 PM
Inside the palanquin, a young woman sits with a small girl on her lap. The girl was dusty and dirty but otherwise fit. Clearly a freshly bought slave. However she wasn't about to be a slave today. "Remember dear, you are about to join a family, not as a slave but as a sister. You will be fed, you will have friends and you will have a life. You will be allowed to grow up and do as you wish."

She strokes the girls hair back "You will work but it will not be for nothing. Everyone does chores and everyone reaps rewards from them. "

Mother Locust pokes her head out from the palanquin. "Are we almost there?"

ChaosArchon
2014-11-28, 05:25 PM

The guard registering Sands smiles,"Sands eh, not a name you hear too often. Welcome to Gem sir." and ushers him into the city while beginning to inspect the caravan behind him. The other guard looks Juldia over and grins,"Of course, the Realm's people are always welcome to spend their money here. You'll likely want to visit the local Realm garrison, check in with your people and what not." and then ushers you in as well. Given the size of your squad of soliders and the fact that the guards also have to check the caravan, they will likely enter the city a little bit after you.

The Locust Madonna & Hunter in Darkness

The little girl smiles at Locust with large hazel eyes that seem almost too big for her head and hugs the Scion of Cecelyene as the palanquin continues to move through the tunnels.

Mal & Vael

As Mal tinkers with his contraption, he hears the voices in his head again. At this point the words they say are more annoying rather than alarming, in the same vein of a lover or parent continually reminding you of something you have to do. Nevertheless you mark the words once again.

"When raven rose lady's guise falls,
the wyrm's blades the city shall no longer call.
By grounded crimson or mortal champion steel,
the sparkling city shall end their lives' ordeal."

While Mal deals with the pesky voices in his head, Vael sees a man enter the clinic with his hoods drawn and watches him sit at a table in the corner and just stares at the wall. Every so often he seems to glance at the old man, but when he sees him notice they quickly turn around.

JonRG
2014-11-29, 12:30 AM
Vael shifts in his seat, clearing his throat. "Son, ya got company. They seem... off." While he makes no move to engage them, he subtly gets his heels under him. Easier to jump in if it came to that.

Obscurejones
2014-11-29, 12:31 AM
Mal waves off his companions concerns. Ponders the voices in his head.
"Do you mind seeing what they need, Vael? I am somewhat occupied deciphering phantom poetry."

JonRG
2014-11-29, 12:34 AM
Vael rises to his feet with a grunt and strides over to the man. "Somethin' ya need, son?"

josienoms
2014-11-29, 01:23 AM
The Hunter in Darkness walks to the side of the Palanquin, her spear in hand. She listens to the sounds of the bazaar, her keen eyes searching, ever alert. She keeps herself focused on the task at hand, keeping an eye out for signs on trouble, rather than giving in to the intrusive thoughts of the demon inside her skull.

That girl is weak. Vulnerable. Isolate her from the herd. Take her to the ground and sink your teeth in. Her blood is warm, her flesh is tender.

She grits her teeth, no easy feat with a mouthful of fangs. Her knuckles turn white as she tightens her grip on the shaft of her spear.

Shut up. Shut up! I'm not eating her. She's innocent. A child!

You are no fun at all.

ChaosArchon
2014-11-29, 02:20 AM
Locust and Hunter

Despite her protests, Kyn'ela continues to attempt to convince Hunter of the virtues of eating children. Apparently it knows an absolutely immaculate recipe for deep fried street urchin, which is all the rage among the Luminata in Malfeas.

Eventually the duo reaches a small door at the side of the passage, upon which the Locust Madonna steps out of her palanquin and knocks on the door lightly. In an instant a slit opened up and a pair of enormous sapphire blue eyes poke out and a child's voice says,"Whats the password, you can't git in wit out da password!"

After seeing who is it, the kid swings the door open and hugs Locust. Once the other children realize the pair is back they all flock to welcome Locust back, though of course some also go to hug Hunter too. After the meet and greet, you both notice all the children haven't welcomed you back, indeed there is a sizable crowd surrounding something. As the crowd parts both of you see a rotund being who is absolutely red save for its belly, which is white and looks almost stitched on, and it's beak which is completely made of bronze. When you look into it's eyes you see an emerald abyss from which no light escapes, a pit where luminosity is damned to wallow for eternity. It's flippers flop to you, welcoming you back to your own abode.

In an instant two things happen, the creature speaks to you saying, "Hey dudes!" while both the demons in your heads scream in unison,"KILLLLL!"

OracleofSilence
2014-11-29, 03:08 AM
"Mhhm." Sand slips around the guards and the caravan, heading into the surface streets and searching for the most convenient lava tube entrance. Right. First things first. Get off the surface. If I recall correctly, the wealthy stay below ground. They're the ones I need in my pocket first. And remember. Terrified and alone. Someone being stupid enough to take advantage of that would be an excellent way to start things off.

Once he locates an entrance to the undercity, Sand wanders the streets, listening for wishes, watching for potential 'predators' and attempting to familiarize himself with the locals.

ChaosArchon
2014-11-29, 03:10 AM
Mal & Vael

As Vael approaches, he notices the man seems hungry, and you notice the cloak is much more fine than the rest of his clothes, most likely a gift from somebody else. The man nods,"Yessir, three young people approached me outside. Gave me some obols to tell you to take this cloak and meet em outside." After saying this, he removes the cloak and gives it to you.

JonRG
2014-11-29, 04:16 AM
Vael accepts the cloak, then sets it down next to him. "What, they don't got legs?" He shrugs. "Yer job's done. Stay. Help yerself ta some chili." Vael sweeps the cloak over his shoulder and walks back to Mal. "Take a look at this, would ya? Anythin' unusual about it?"

Kell_tamer
2014-11-29, 02:19 PM
"How did you get here? I didn't ask an acolyte to summon you!" The Malefactor though not tall stands confidently before the demon. "What are you doing drawing attention to us?" The cult had managed to hide out for now but now here was a demon she didn't summon in the safety of the cavern out of prying eyes.

The demon know where it stands by the laws.

ChaosArchon
2014-11-30, 08:41 PM
Locust and Hunter

The demonic penguins turns to Locust with what could possibly be the most stupid grin in the history of Creation,"Some mortal git summoned me but messed up and I killed him. But I'm smart see and figured my best chance at staying safe is hiding with one of the heroes of Malfeas!" His stupid grin continues as the hint of pride is mixed up with the smile now,"So I disguised myself and stuck pass the peoples to meet ya guys."

Kell_tamer
2014-11-30, 08:48 PM
Locust frowns. Her patience with the demon wearing thin already being it has put her children in danger. "And what use could I have of one as unbelievably arrogant about his power as you?"

ChaosArchon
2014-11-30, 09:09 PM
Sands

You journey for a little bit underneath the surface before you a couple of people heading into an underground temple of some sort, led by a man in the finest robes who is adorned with many golden chain with jewels covering them. As you watch the procession, a man bumps into you but quickly apologizes and walks away. As he does you mutter he wouldn't have to deal with this kind of thing if he had a bodyguard to look out for him. Finally you also see a strange small being who, through your Yozi-tainted shard, you sense is a demon.

ChaosArchon
2014-11-30, 10:18 PM
Locust and Hunter

"People always have a use for us, we make great cannon fodder. Also I can use my disguises to watch peoples you want watched!"

JonRG
2014-11-30, 11:24 PM
Vael groans at his silent compatriot. "Well either way, I ain't playin' games. I'm borrowin' this." He picks up a fork from the table and walks to the doorway. Reaching around, one arm jams the fork into the wooden wall at an angle. It goes in several inches deep. Whistling a merry tune, Vael hangs the cloak up on his impromptu hook. He sits down next to the messenger. "Now we wait."

josienoms
2014-11-30, 11:25 PM
The Hunter glares at the demon, her shadow roiling behind her. It shifts suddenly, engulfing her body. When the blackness recedes, a middle aged man with graying hair stands in her place. The inky darkness consumes the man, replacing him with a decrepit old woman. The shadow covers the crone, and slinks away from a young boy.

"I have enough skill with disguise to make your help unnecessary."

She cycles through disguise after disguise, in between each word. Her voice changes with her appearance shifting from deep, rumbling basso to mellow tenor, to baritone, to alto. She ends the sentence in her true form, a smirk on her face.

ChaosArchon
2014-11-30, 11:38 PM
Locust and Hunter

The penguin falls on its knees in awe,"Show me your ways, oh mistress of disguise!" it then turns its head towards Locust,"Also Mr. M has a message for you, says one of the Neverborn's lackies is headed this way with a pretty big army, recommends getting out of town with your cult."

Josie take 1bp for that 3 die stunt, I liked it alot

josienoms
2014-11-30, 11:48 PM
"Well, I learned it from the Ebon Dragon. Why don't you go ask him?"

She pauses as the demon finishes his message.

"Well. Certainly a problem."

Don't you understand what this means? A veritable buffet is on its way. One that even you would have no qualms with devouring. You could satisfy your bizarre desire to protect people AND sate you hunger for flesh.

I hate when you're right.

"We should move the children, but that would condemn innocents to die. We ought to warn people. Stay and fight."

ChaosArchon
2014-12-01, 12:05 AM
Mal & Vael

A few minutes after Vael hangs the cloak outside, three figures with similar cloaks enter but for two of them their hoods don't stay on for too long as they rush towards Vael. When their hoods fall Vael sees two very familiar faces rushing towards him, and in no time at all the duo are hugging their grandfather. The final figure flatly notes,"Well nobody could ever claim our family is subtle could they?" and then takes of his hood and goes to hug his grandfather as well.

JonRG
2014-12-01, 12:41 AM
Vael begins to call his daiklaive, but stops when the figures reveal their identities. With a laugh, he hugs his granddaughters and grandson. "Still a wiseass, I see... I missed you guys. So much. How are your cousins? How's..." Vael's smile ticks down slightly. "Gramma?"

OracleofSilence
2014-12-01, 02:06 AM
A demon. And just standing around too. No master in sight. Not a good sign. Sand watches cautiously, following the demon if it moves from it's position, and maintaining a safe distance, just in case.

Jon D
2014-12-01, 06:16 PM

The guard registering Sands smiles,"Sands eh, not a name you hear too often. Welcome to Gem sir." and ushers him into the city while beginning to inspect the caravan behind him. The other guard looks Juldia over and grins,"Of course, the Realm's people are always welcome to spend their money here. You'll likely want to visit the local Realm garrison, check in with your people and what not." and then ushers you in as well. Given the size of your squad of soliders and the fact that the guards also have to check the caravan, they will likely enter the city a little bit after you.

Juldia leaves instructions with the troops to meet her at Rose House, the Cathak holdongs in the city. It was largely empty, save for the staff that saw to its upkeep until one of the House came to call.

As she rode towards her destination, Juldia took in the sights, gladiatorial posters sharing space with signs for mercenary companies and merchants.

This city was perfect.

Obscurejones
2014-12-01, 08:28 PM
"Ah! Your descendants. Lovely."
Nodding his approval Mal goes back to his work. He makes no effort to hide his nature or that of his creation.

Kell_tamer
2014-12-08, 08:17 PM
The infernal's eyes narrow at the demon. Despite her kind's penchant for displays, she is far more subtle. A caste mark says it all. "Understand this demon. While I appreciate the words you have given me as far as I am concerned you are beneath everyone here on the food chain. These children possess higher status than you. If you should endanger ANY of their lives with your antics I will flay you with sand until you are naught but ephemera and muscle tissue desperately clinging to bone."

She turned to her friend. "You are my master of tactics of such matters Hunter. What advice have you one the situation?" The children were her top priority. She knew Hunter would not lead her or them astray with such matters.

josienoms
2014-12-08, 11:57 PM
Hunter growls slightly under her breath.

"The children aren't ready for combat. But Gem is. There's a Realm Garrison here. We ought to warn them, anonymously. When the time comes, we help fight. And hope that we're long gone by the time the battle is won and the Realm can turn its attention to us."

ChaosArchon
2014-12-18, 05:41 PM
Mal and Vael

As Mal works on Igor, the construct whispers information on which of its systems are in the most need of repair,"Maker, this one's left forearm is in need of repairs."

While the Abyssal works on his creation; Carmine, Remi, and Eden regale their grandfather with the stories of their travels across the South in pursuit of their "deadly demonic" grandpa. After their stories, Carmine speaks up,"Um grandma us doing ok, but she hasn't really talked to anybody since you left. She just prays and prays all day."

Hunter and Locust

The demonic penguin gets off his knees and raises his feeble flipper to his forehead in a salute to the two Princesses of Hell, but particularly Locust."Yes mam'!"

Sands

You follow the demon for a short amount of time before it is let into a building off of the track, and after a few more minutes you see a much larger group enter the building, which includes a palanquin, a robed figure, and a woman.

Judia

After a short walk on the blindly bright surface, you eventually reach a tunnel which leads you below ground. From there you follow the directions of several people along the way to the Realm garrison. It is a simple, robust building all things considered and when you enter it feels much more like a tavern or bar than a proper garrison. You are greeted by a sentry, this one older than the ones guarding the gates above, who again asks who you are.

forgive me for the long hiatus guys, everyone gets 2 free bp for how much of a lazy ST I am, hope I didn't lose you all

OracleofSilence
2014-12-19, 04:26 PM
"Huh. Not really a good sign." Sand watches for a few more moments, then approaches the door the demon entered, knocking lightly. "Umm, excuse, me, I don't suppose anyone in there would be willing to talk, would they?"

josienoms
2014-12-20, 12:36 AM
The demon in the Hunter's skull immediately pipes up as she turns her head to the door, seeing someone looking to talk.

Intruder! It's violating our territory. Kill it! String up its bones as a warning to other interlopers!

Shut up.

"Who are you, stranger?"

She tightens her grip on her spear.

OracleofSilence
2014-12-20, 02:54 AM
"I was just a little concerned. I uh, saw something that looked like a large penguin enter there. I thought you might want to know." Sand pauses momentarily, more to keep up the act the anything else. "Umm. Assuming you didn't already know." Sand shifts subtly. shifting his switchklave into a more easily grasped location.

"Do you mind if I come in? I've heard descriptions of demons like that one, and I'm worried that you might be in some measure of danger..." The thoroughly unspoken addition Or you're Yozi cultists hung almost palpably at the end of the sentence.

josienoms
2014-12-23, 12:34 AM
"There's no danger here. As you can see, the demon left."

The Hunter grins, showing off her mouthful of razor sharp fangs.

OracleofSilence
2014-12-23, 01:13 AM
"Interesting. Second option I take it. In that case, I really would rather come in, if it's all the same to you." Sand's voice had changed slightly. The uncertainty was gone, the slight hint at a concealed quaver vanished as well. "After all, it's been a long time since I've been at a friendly house." As he speaks, he forces a small amount of essence through his caste mark, bringing the shimmering silver hour glass into view. "Are you sure I can't enter?"

Jon D
2014-12-24, 05:07 PM
Judia

After a short walk on the blindly bright surface, you eventually reach a tunnel which leads you below ground. From there you follow the directions of several people along the way to the Realm garrison. It is a simple, robust building all things considered and when you enter it feels much more like a tavern or bar than a proper garrison. You are greeted by a sentry, this one older than the ones guarding the gates above, who again asks who you are.

Juldia looked over the garrison building with a critical eye. No real defensive perimeter, underground that was somewhat understandable, most of the soldiers were in uniform but not armor, and there was maybe a scale's worth of troops total. An out of the way posting for soldiers that perhaps looked good and had connections, but weren't highly valued otherwise. A shame. Juldia had a strong urge to keep them, deciding on how things turned out.

"I am Cathak Juldia, here to see the garrison commander, at his or her earliest convenience."

Which meant now, naturally.

josienoms
2014-12-25, 01:51 AM
"Oh! Well well well. It seems we're in the presence of a friend, Locust."

Hunter's grin becomes a genuine smile, and she flashes her Caste Mark as well.

JonRG
2014-12-26, 01:20 AM
Vael nods, a hint of sadness in his eyes. "Take care of her for me, y'hear? Least until I can get back there." There was no hesitation in his voice.

Obscurejones
2014-12-26, 01:47 AM
Mal and Vael
As Mal works on Igor, the construct whispers information on which of its systems are in the most need of repair,"Maker, this one's left forearm is in need of repairs."

Mal's voice is pleasent but firm as he whispers back to his creation.
Igor, I am rather proud of you, but you know full well that you can't speak. And I do not appreciate your pretending that you can. Although...
Inspecting the forearm he grunts appreciatively. Maddening though the whispers might be they were always insightful. A loose cog in the elbow joint.

Kell_tamer
2014-12-29, 08:58 PM
Locust gives a nod, and knows the symbol of Cecelyne brings a hint of comfort to the children. "Welcome to our little piece of Gem. Have you news from the other fronts?" She gestures him inside waving the blood ape body guard that comes from the corner back to it with a nod, not that they needed it knowing the symbol.

OracleofSilence
2015-01-02, 03:37 PM
"Lots of sand, mostly. Things are moving slowly for now. Travel is hard in the desert, so change moves slowly, if at all, most of the time. How go things in the city? Any news?"

ChaosArchon
2015-01-04, 10:40 PM
Vael and Mal

It must have been merely the wind, whispers, or an incredibly coincidental clatter of silverware that make it appear as if Igor had spoken, for a mute to speak would be impossible. Regardless the repairs go smoothly enough that Mal feels secure in his handiwork, for the moment Igor is in perfect shape... mechanically that is.

While the Architect of Death works on his servitor, Vael continues talking with his grandchildren. "Of course we will grandpa,"

"Yeah plus she still eats and stuff so she's alright mostly!" chimes in his sister, Remi.

"Yeah mostly it's just been a shock for her to learn the faith she's followed her entire life was wrong. So I think she's just looking for answers." says Eden.

Judia

One of the sentries nods and leads you into the commander's study. There she sits, pouring over a veritable mountain of paperwork with her amethyst-colored glasses clashing spectacularly with the red glow of the glowstones entrenched in the walls. She is unarmored but her weapon of choice seems to be perched above her head, a massive jade grimcleaver which looks as if it hadn't been used in months. "Yes," the woman says, looking up from her paperwork,"How may I help you Miss Cathk?"

josienoms
2015-01-07, 11:34 PM
"Oh, you know. Everything's basically the same. Except for the army of the dead apparently marching on the city."

Obscurejones
2015-01-08, 01:41 AM
Mal ponders for a moment and then calls out behind himself.
"Vael! Igor's obsolete. Lovely but obsolete. I need a mass grave. Or that gold we discussed. Either will do."

JonRG
2015-01-08, 01:52 AM
Vael blinks. "H'all right. Gold it is then. Now," he drums his fingers against one knee, "Where the hell'm I supposed to get that much gold? ... There's pretty good money in the arena, yeah? Maybe I'll try to make some easy cash there."

Obscurejones
2015-01-08, 01:56 AM
"Wonderful. Lend me some of your blood as well once we've got the gold."
He glances over Vaels offspring.
"Are they using all of their limbs?"

JonRG
2015-01-08, 01:58 AM
Vael quirks an eyebrow. "... I'm gonna go with yeah on that one, Mal."

Obscurejones
2015-01-08, 01:59 AM
"I would offer a fair trade. Make them a nice new one. Perhaps something with a crossbow in it."

JonRG
2015-01-08, 02:04 AM
"No, Mal." Stern grandpa is stern.

Obscurejones
2015-01-08, 02:20 AM
"Well I'll defer to you on issues of your family. Although I may use one of them as a model for Igor's redux."

OracleofSilence
2015-01-08, 02:24 AM
"Umm. What? That seems bad, I suspect. How much time do we have? Do the city folk know?" Bad was an understatement, but this was likely salvageable. That kind of danger would make many with in the walls in need of a miracle.

josienoms
2015-01-08, 11:50 AM
The Hunter shakes her head.

"We just found out ourselves, so I doubt the townsfolk know. I suspect that we have a few days to prepare."

JonRG
2015-01-10, 12:41 AM
"Hear that, Carm? Ya might get ta be the model for a robot." Vael can't help but chuckle.

Jon D
2015-01-14, 07:58 PM
Judia

One of the sentries nods and leads you into the commander's study. There she sits, pouring over a veritable mountain of paperwork with her amethyst-colored glasses clashing spectacularly with the red glow of the glowstones entrenched in the walls. She is unarmored but her weapon of choice seems to be perched above her head, a massive jade grimcleaver which looks as if it hadn't been used in months. "Yes," the woman says, looking up from her paperwork,"How may I help you Miss Cathk?"

"Courtesy call, Commander...?" Juldia left it hang as a question, since she didn't know the other woman's name and the uniform didn't show any heraldry, just rank.

"I've just recently arrived in the city with my entourage, and it was suggested that I pay you a visit. I will try to avoid taking up to much of your time, but I hope you might give me some guidelines on the city, since the information I have isn't based on the accounts of anyone who has lived here for an extended amount of time."

I had posted this before, but I guess it got eaten by the internet. Hopefully, it's not to late.