PDA

View Full Version : Prestige class, and other ideas for a bard!

Pyon
2014-11-26, 07:35 PM
So I've got a game coming up where I'm going to be playing a half human half succubus bard, and I still have no idea where to take her in the future levels. I already have a ton of social skills, and the race the DM and I made already gave me alter self, and summon dire bat which will evolve as time goes on. So my question is: does anyone have any suggestions for prestige classes that might go a bit into summoning monsters or controlling stuff? Ideas would be appreciated! Cheers!~

3.5 by the way!

holywhippet
2014-11-26, 08:53 PM
Well, there is the dirgesinger PrC from Libris Mortis. At fifth level you can animate a nearby corpse into a loyal undead.

The sublime chord PrC gains sorcerer spell slots so you can use any arcane spells that summon or control.

Troacctid
2014-11-26, 09:56 PM
What are you willing to give up? Skills and skill points? Caster levels? Bardic music? Most prestige classes will force you to sacrifice at least one of the three.

I do suspect Sublime Chord is what you'll want, though. It turbocharges your spellcasting, giving you more powerful summons, enchantments, and whatever other spells you happen to fancy. Consider working Lyric Thaumaturge in there as well--it gives you a few extra slots and spells known, which is decent.