PDA

View Full Version : Sha'Ir spells seen

Renen
2014-11-26, 09:57 PM
If you are a Sha'Ir, and switched out a spell (same way as all other limited-spells known classes can do it starting at lvl 4), can you count that spell as one you have "seen"? For the purpose of sending your Gen to retrieve it as a spell that isnt "known" but has been identified.

A_S
2014-11-26, 10:21 PM
Don't see why not, as long as you cast it and saw what happened at least once while you knew it. Only part that's wonky is that you're supposed to have identified it using Spellcraft, but I don't think there's anything stopping you from analyzing a spell you cast yourself with the Spellcraft skill, you just don't usually need to because you already know what spell it is.

Renen
2014-11-26, 10:24 PM
Thats what I'm thinking. Does anyone else agree with this nice gentleman? :smallredface:

ZamielVanWeber
2014-11-26, 10:28 PM
You would need to Spellcraft the spell BEFORE you gave it up. Otherwise you cannot count it as a spell seen. There is nothing stopping you from identifying your own spells though.

Renen
2014-11-26, 10:31 PM
So if im making a character lvl 4 or above, I can just say said character ID'd all spells cast even their own, and im good? :D

ZamielVanWeber
2014-11-26, 10:34 PM
Talk to your DM. It is highly unlikely but theoretically possible that you whiff every single Spellcraft check to try to identify a spell at those levels (I am mostly assuming that the spell was rarely used, but still). But, by RAW, if you make those Spellcraft checks you have "seen" the spells to be retrieved for the Arcane Unknown category. Going forward make sure to Spellcraft EVERYTHING. Just in case. (It also makes for a good excuse RP-wise to justify you having checked previous spells).