PDA

View Full Version : How much could I pull in a cart or wagon?

Iron Angel
2014-11-27, 03:59 AM
I'm a Warforged with 20 strength. I can't get tired, so thats not an issue. The idea is, I can drag up to 2000 pounds, but this is to literally drag an item across the ground. Would it be increased if the object being pulled was a wheeled vehicle like a wagon, which would drastically reduce the amount of resistance? Pulling 100 pounds of sandbags in a tarp is significantly harder than putting them in a wheelbarrow. Ideally, I'd just be pulling around the rest of the party and our camping supplies/loot in the wagon, gripping two handles like a giant rickshaw. I never get tired so I can just run forever to get us around, as long as its not stupidly heavy.

Knaight
2014-11-27, 04:13 AM
The rules on doubling the drag value when dragging things over easier surfaces is relevant here. If you've got a cart or wagon, a lot more fits into that category.

Iron Angel
2014-11-27, 05:32 AM
Just found the part in Arms and Equipment about ground vehicles. I picked a Stagecoach, because a carriage couldn't hold everyone (not nearly enough capacity), and added the weight of the stagecoach, the party and their gear, and 150 pounds extra in the things we can't fit in the haversack...

And came out with 1990 pounds. My drag capacity is 2000.

We could take the wheels off and put them on the roof and I could drag it across the ground.

Turns out I was overthinking this entire thing. Of course, dividing the weight by 4 for a wheeled vehicle like Arms and Equipment says drops the weight to the point that even in "rough conditions" that half my drag weight I could still pull it, so thats useful still.