PDA

View Full Version : How did Elan do that?

NeonRonin
2007-03-25, 11:15 AM
If this has been discussed before I apologize, but I noticed something while looking over the strip archives...

When :elan: was framed and arrested in Cliffport, they took his clothes and gear away- but somehow, when he escaped and returned to Azure City, he was able to produce the gift certificate good for one favor from Lord Shojo. Now, normally one would assume that certificate would have been confiscated when he was put in the lockup... so now one wonders, WHERE was Elan hiding that certificate?

Could be he's hung around Belkar so long, he got the idea from how Belkar hid his ring... ewww...

Then again, would Elan be smart enough to think of doing that?

It's a small point, but it certainly makes one wonder...

hewhosaysfish
2007-03-25, 11:30 AM
Presumably Haley hung onto the gift certicicate for him because she knew he'd only lose it or leave it in his pockets when he washed his trousers or use it to request that Banjo be made the 13th god or....

Webwalker
2007-03-25, 11:37 AM
If this has been discussed before I apologize, but I noticed something while looking over the strip archives...

When :elan: was framed and arrested in Cliffport, they took his clothes and gear away- but somehow, when he escaped and returned to Azure City, he was able to produce the gift certificate good for one favor from Lord Shojo. Now, normally one would assume that certificate would have been confiscated when he was put in the lockup... so now one wonders, WHERE was Elan hiding that certificate?

Could be he's hung around Belkar so long, he got the idea from how Belkar hid his ring... ewww...

Then again, would Elan be smart enough to think of doing that?

It's a small point, but it certainly makes one wonder...
I think this sort of question may fall under the category of "How does a dead dragon with holes in its wings still fly?". Answer: "Magic."

(Though I think it's more likely that the voucher was being kept by someone else for safe keeping, as Elan was likely to spend it on a party if it was left in his possession.)

Yuki Akuma
2007-03-25, 11:48 AM
Nale kept it when he took Elan's stuff. Remember, they switched clothes? So it was Nale's stuff that was confiscated, not Elan's.

NeonRonin
2007-03-25, 01:16 PM
Ah, I'd forgotten about Nale's clothing swap- but it still doesn't explain how he produced it, it didn't look like he'd had a chance to get to his original clothes, which would have been in another room anyway. Judging from how the panel was laid out, he produced it from within his Dashing Swordsman outfit- and even if Haley had held onto the certificate for him, I saw no indication that she had had a chance to give it back to him. He just had it.

Oh well.

Lord Magtok
2007-03-25, 01:18 PM
Maybe it just poofs away like V's familiar when not in use.

Threeshades
2007-03-25, 01:23 PM
Ah, I'd forgotten about Nale's clothing swap- but it still doesn't explain how he produced it, it didn't look like he'd had a chance to get to his original clothes, which would have been in another room anyway. Judging from how the panel was laid out, he produced it from within his Dashing Swordsman outfit- and even if Haley had held onto the certificate for him, I saw no indication that she had had a chance to give it back to him. He just had it.

Oh well.

its not a dashing swordsman outfit it's merely a set of stolen clothes.

and i also think he didnt have it with himself all the time.

The Extinguisher
2007-03-25, 02:08 PM
You've never played a game where you've forgotten you had something plot-important, and when you remembered it, it just poofed into existance?

'Cause thats what happened here.

Jawajoey
2007-03-25, 07:45 PM
Just because we didn't see any indication of Haley returning it to him or anything doesn't mean it didn't/couldn't happen.

MReav
2007-03-25, 08:01 PM
Maybe Elan took the next spell in the progression "Summon Plot Exposition", "Summon Plot Device".

The progression, I presume is:

Summon Plot Point
Summon Plot Exposition
Summon Plot Device
Summon Plot Hole.

Querzis
2007-03-25, 08:34 PM
Its not that complicated. Nale had it, maybe in his room or maybe on him and Elan got it back. Whats strange is that Nale didnt used Elan certificate.

BisectedBrioche
2007-03-26, 08:42 AM
Its not that complicated. Nale had it, maybe in his room or maybe on him and Elan got it back. Whats strange is that Nale didnt used Elan certificate.

He was planning to use it to get away with the order's murder...or something.

RowlieBowlie
2007-03-26, 08:56 AM
Maybe he stole Xykon's Teevoo and used it to record the location of plotartifacts like the one Ming

Bluelantern
2007-03-26, 09:03 AM
Summon Plot Hole.

the most powerfull spell!

hewhosaysfish
2007-03-26, 09:32 AM
the most powerfull spell!

I don't get it? Why would you need to summon a plot hole; in my experience they just appear all over the place anyway... :smallsmile:

The Extinguisher
2007-03-26, 10:06 AM
I would imagine it would be Control Plot Hole instead.

With that kind of power, you could rule the world!

ObadiahtheSlim
2007-03-26, 01:49 PM
I'm pretty sure he pulled it out of Hammerspace. I don't know if you can actually loose items in hammerspace to cops.

PsyBlade
2007-03-26, 01:53 PM
I agree that hammerspace is a likely candidate.

NeonRonin
2007-03-26, 07:29 PM
I'm pretty sure he pulled it out of Hammerspace. I don't know if you can actually loose items in hammerspace to cops.

This was actually my first theory, though I wasn't going to suggest it at first. All hail Hammerspace!

Now if only I could get my GM to allow Access Hammerspace as a spell in his game...:smallbiggrin:

Purple_cloack
2007-03-27, 01:29 PM
They switched clothes with nale, and another theory was the magic.

BardicLasher
2007-03-27, 03:48 PM
Maybe Elan took the next spell in the progression "Summon Plot Exposition", "Summon Plot Device".

The progression, I presume is:

Summon Plot Point
Summon Plot Exposition
Summon Plot Device
Summon Plot Hole.

Meanwhile, Druids get a similar spell called "Find the Plot." Or at least, they always do in games I've played.

MReav
2007-03-27, 04:17 PM
Hmm... Epic level continuation (yeah, I know, Bards need to waste 3 feats to be able to do it...), any suggestions?

BardicLasher
2007-03-27, 04:24 PM
Derail Railroad Plot as a level 10 spell?

MReav
2007-03-27, 04:29 PM
Deus Ex Machina?

mockingbyrd7
2007-03-27, 06:13 PM
It was in his inventory, noobs. :smallbiggrin:

Haruki-kun
2007-03-28, 12:45 AM
Suspension of Disbelief, for the sake of the Plot.

Or maybe Nale took it, although I don't think Nale knew it was there........

But really, I mean where do RPG characters keep MOST of their items anyway?

Suspension of disbelief, definitely.

kerberos
2007-03-28, 04:21 AM
Easy, no one remembered that he was supposed to have lost it.
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0321.html

Pepz
2007-03-28, 04:29 AM
you might as well ask how Haley brings along her bag of femine products (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0029.html) :P if it's in the inventory you have it ;)

Threeshades
2007-03-28, 06:16 AM
you might as well ask how Haley brings along her bag of femine products (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0029.html) :P if it's in the inventory you have it ;)

i guess she puts it into her 7 bags of holding.

Hushdawg
2007-03-29, 07:29 PM
Cripes! He put it the same place that Connor McCloud keeps his sword when not in use!