PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Break this for me.

LordAshenshield
2014-11-27, 03:02 PM
Ghoran (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/advanced-races-11-20-rp/ghoran-19-rp)
Mostly their Ghorus Seed ability.

I want to know as many ways to break this as possible. So I can write up a list of what could be used to counter it and keep it in check. Because I see it as very powerful because its just a full round action, unlimited times per day and can be used to basically screw with where the character is. I mean you get to reallocate skill points but not feats. But feats can be taken as general feats that help multiple ways for the character so we can't change them so what.

What is stopping someone from popping out many seeds and since it says they dont sprout till planted and they retain all memory what stops me from shipping my seeds to multiple cities, or split my group to multiple towns and ok so I go on a suicide mission, my body dies and one of my buddies plants the seed, 2d6 days later I sprout and have all the memories I previously had (Of the plan) I go on another mission, die and another buddy plants me in another city.. I sprout there 2d6 days later with the memory of the plan. Sure it would take a long time, but you have a suicide bomber or a guy who is not afraid to lure the killer guards away because.. lets face it he can always come back.

Oracle_of_Void
2014-11-27, 07:45 PM
Well, you gave a negative level for each seed you expel. The level won't come back till a new Ghoran sprouts to take your place. And each seed has a separate roll of 2d6 for when they sprout so it'd be hard to coordinate. And what happens when two seeds sprout at the same time? Who knows, its the DM's problem. You could abuse it, sure, but it'd be risky. Sprout a seed, suicide bomb your enemies, then what? Hope your party survives several days of retaliation while you regrow? Sprouting multiple seeds "just in case" would only cripple your character with negative levels, making the chance of succeeding your theoretical suicide missions less likely; especially if you keep your gear with the party so the enemy doesn't loot your body.

Extra Anchovies
2014-11-27, 08:07 PM
Reassigning skill ranks could be useful for someone who acquires a means of flight and wants to have a good Fly skill, but that's hardly game-breaking.

Douglas
2014-11-27, 11:24 PM
The text seems to me to strongly imply that you only have a single seed to expel. This could still enable suicide missions, but it prevents most of the more advanced shenanigans you seem to be thinking of.

Sith_Happens
2014-11-28, 12:08 AM
Nothing stops the original Ghoran from being resurrected. Given enough diamonds you can grow army of yourself.

Sayt
2014-11-28, 12:28 AM
Sith_Happens has probably the first way which occured to me. A GM might not let it fly for a Animate Dead army, but certainly if lets you make corpses for animate dead without killing other people.

skypse
2014-11-28, 04:57 AM
Even though it is left just hanging there, I agree with Douglas on the matter of seeds. I don't believe they intended to have more than 1 seed active at a time. I would houserule something like that as well. Until the time comes and you ressurect from your seed, no other Ghorus Seed can be created from your body.

A good example would be Groot. He can't go around pissing in flower pots until his former body dies. He becomes a little plant that will grow again eventually, but only after he dies. Kinda like the "Clone" spell.

As far as the number of corpses, you can do 2 things:

1) Don't care... Animate Dead is and will be an Evil spell so as long as you spam it you will suffer an allignment shift. It is not about returing a dead creature back to life. It is about messing up with the balance between life and death itself and Pharasma is not gonna be happy about it :D

2) Ghorans are of Plant type. Even if they specifically are creatures and not objects like the rest of them, they still consist of branches, leaves etc. Material that will be decomposed sooner than any other dead creature which makes the potential rise of an army impossible since you will never have enough of your "corpses" around. Also you can argue that since the Ghoran died and has no soul left in it, it is no longer a creature but it is a regular plant which means that it is an object. You can't use animate dead on objects so your best choise is to become a gardener.