PDA

View Full Version : Magic Item Rarity

Baptor
2014-11-27, 04:04 PM
Hello again!

As many of you are aware from my previous post on Enhancements, magic items, particularly magic weapons, concern me as a DM in this edition.

As we anticipate the release of the DMG, my question to the Playground is, how rare are magic weapons in your game?

Are they present at all? How powerful are they? Is the best you've seen a +1 weapon or is someone toting a +3 vorpal axe? Are you level 15 and still have no magic weapons?

More importantly, how has this effected your game? If you are toting a big magic weapon, is that making the game too easy? If you have no magic weapons, is the game too hard?

DM's, what's your policy on magic weapons? None? Some? Lots? Why did you make the decision you did?

Our campaign is slow going because we all live in different states. Currently my group is at level 7 and the fighter has "+0" magic sword he found in a tomb. Its basically mostly flavor but does allow him to bypass damage resistance due it its magical nature. So far the game is running smoothly, and the encounters seem very balanced.