PDA

View Full Version : Who can create a Necropolitan?

Chester
2014-11-27, 04:55 PM
Are there specific rules governing this?

Specifically, can my level 12 Dread Necromancer do it? If so, will a desecrate spell / undead mastery grant him a bonus to Str and Dex?

Twilightwyrm
2014-11-27, 05:15 PM
If I recall correctly, the Necropolitan ritual requires multiple participants, presumably all necromancers (or Necropolitans). The only instance in which you could add the extra benefits from Undead Mastery is if everyone has it. And as far as Desecrate is concerned, you can create them there, but the bonuses will disappear once the Necropolitan leaves the area.

torrasque666
2014-11-27, 05:40 PM
If I recall correctly, the Necropolitan ritual requires multiple participants, presumably all necromancers (or Necropolitans). The only instance in which you could add the extra benefits from Undead Mastery is if everyone has it. And as far as Desecrate is concerned, you can create them there, but the bonuses will disappear once the Necropolitan leaves the area.

Don't the benefits from the Undead Mastery type feats only apply to undead created by Necromancy effects? The Ritual involved doesn't detail what kind of effect it is, or spell, so it isn't one. Thus, the benefits wouldn't apply.