PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next The fey touched backround

Rfkannen
2014-11-28, 05:29 PM
The Fey Touched
You were once normal, you went about your life, whatever it may be, before you encountered them. You had heard stories about them, about these monsters, the faeries. Yet, there dancing was so buetiful you could not escape. You danced for what seemed like hours, danced till your feet were bloody and you could not breath, untill finally the dance was over. Yet when you went back home, nothing was the same. Time had passed, maybe months, maybe years, possibly even centuries. And even if people you knew are still alive, they don't recognize you, you are something diffrent. You are a monster tainted by the fey, a being of magic beyond human comprehension, and of madness sadly well within human grasp. You are one of the fey touched.
Work with your dm to come up who you were before you were taken, and where/when you lived. This should help define your character, do you thrive in your new found madness or do you want to get back to your old life.
Also work with your dm to figure out how you changed. While you are still a member of your race, the fey touched often have have irregularities both physical and mental. Perhaps you have dead eyes, or perhaps they gleam like gemstones. Perhaps you are somehow smaller than before seeming small and defeated, or perhaps you look like a mad beast ready to party. No matter how changed you are, you still look like your original race.

Skill proficiency performance, intimidation
Tool proficiency One type of gaming set
Equipment A set of ragged clothes, a strange fey object, and a bag containing one weeks worth of food.

Feature
You are a fey touched. You may hide your nature when ever you want, even physical deformities may be hidden by your will. However when you want to reveal your fey nature, you may. When you do so, reactions very but there will always be a big reaction. It might convince minor fey and elves not to harm you, commoners might run away in fear, or they might try to become your cultists. The most dangerous are the religious fanatics who will try to burn you alive in order to free you from your fey influence. While revealing your nature you can ignore fey danceing invitations, and you are not targeted by fey like beings that only target mortals.

Suggested Characteristics
The fey touched are an odd lot, and no two are alike, yet they all share a sense of otherwoldlyness and madness

d8
personality traits

I beleive that every stranger is a potential fey in disguise trying to steal me back

I am prone to laughter at random times

I have givin into fey desireres and am chaotic as the people who have captured me

I sometimes forget that I am not still danceing, and what is real and what is not

I find life boring now that I have experienced pure chaos, and often sigh with boredom even in the middle of wars.

I speak entirely in rhyme

I beleive I am a farie trapped in a human body

I can not stop danceing, exept when I sleep

d6
ideal

Community The only way that I can go on is through finding hope together with other good peole (good)

Revenge You know that if it is not stopped the madness of the fey will consume everyone on earth, and as such humanity must come together to do everything they can to stop them (law)

New life You were freed by the dance, you see beyon the pesky rules that humans have set up, and realise that everyones life would be much better if they were free like you (chaotic)

Makeing it back There is nothing but the fey to you, you must return to the party, no matter how many people you have to kill, or how insane you have to become, to get there attention (evil)

The hippie you saw how free the fey are, and as they are nature spirites, you have realized how good it is to protect the forest, and you will say to civilization "Dude stop killing the trees, they are our friends (nuetral)

The old life You miss everyone that is dead, and want to create your own new life even though you may be changed (And)

d6
bond

I want to find a way back the the glorius dance

I want my revenge on the fey

I want to find out about the new world that I am in

I want to protect anyone from what I went through

i want to find a cure for my changes